Olympiacos 3 - 1 Arsenal: Good thing this was a meaningless game, eh?

+14
SamuelJayC
izzy
Arquitecto
Wilson37
Eman
Amar
REWB
EL Patron
urbaNRoots
Sina
RealGunner
djoe26
Sri
Jay29
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Olympiacos 3 - 1 Arsenal: Good thing this was a meaningless game, eh? - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympiacos 3 - 1 Arsenal: Good thing this was a meaningless game, eh?

Post by EL Patron Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:39 pm

Nishank wrote:Could this mean that your squad depth is poor?
How many first teamers were out?
Please count RVP as 2 guys.. Razz

An how many of these played well and could play in those guys position who didnt play tonight .. This could give u and idea about your depth ..

We have a couple of players that simply can't be relied upon anymore

Arshavin
Chamack
Squillaci

Can't wait till they leave Clubber

EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Olympiacos 3 - 1 Arsenal: Good thing this was a meaningless game, eh? - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympiacos 3 - 1 Arsenal: Good thing this was a meaningless game, eh?

Post by Jay29 Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:51 pm

An how many of these played well and could play in those guys position who didnt play tonight .. This could give u and idea about your depth ..

There were nine changes to the team tonight: Szczesny, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Song, Arteta, Ransey, Gervinho, Walcott and van Persie were all left at home. Sagna, Gibbs and Wilshere all injured still.

From the current squad, depth in defence and midfield but not up front. Chamberlain could probably deputise well for Walcott, but Arshavin is unreliable and Benayoun hasn't played enough for me to judge. Beyond van Persie, it's Chamakh and Park. Not great, though I think there's more to come from Park.

Really, if not for the keeping errors a draw would've been the likely result.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:25 pm

i wouldnt say our squad depth is poor.

just the 2nd/3rd unit play poorly together as a unit. the amount of injuries we have to 1st teamers/marginal 1st teamers is ridiculous btw. wilshere, gibbs, sagna, diaby (again), jenkinson, santos (now), rosicky (just returned)

so the revolving door to the treatment table doesnt help either. i wouldnt say we dont have squad depth. HEALTHY squad depth.... that's a diff story
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:11 am

i think one thing we are all doing is underestimating olympiakos. they needed a win desperately and u could tell they wer up 4 it. our squad is alright, 1 or 2 replacements will make it stronger. Yossi is a very good player hope wenger starts him or includes him against everton
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:00 am

Olympiacos played the game of their lives. Winning was the only way they could qualify (even if they didn’t in the end) and most of these players will never have the chance to play in this level.
Overall it was only logical to play with passion which led to some rough challenges. I saw nothing deliberate nevertheless and I’m sure Arsenal is used in tougher games in the PL.
As for this line up there were many players who performed below my expectations (and the CL standards), however I think guys like Chamberlain are really promissing
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:02 am

Got the answer, thanks..

But i still feel a major injury to a player could ruin your momentum .. Like Lucas :''''(
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:05 am

I hope Arshavin, Squillaci and Chamakh are fined. Would cheer me up.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:47 am

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2