Zealous
LeVersacci
Lex
BarrileteCosmico
jibers
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Johan Cruyff racially abused Edgar Davids  Empty Johan Cruyff racially abused Edgar Davids

Post by jibers Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:19 pm

Ajax supervisory board member Steven ten Have has confirmed that club icon Johan Cruyff has racially abused fellow commissioner Edgar Davids.

Davids revealed on Sunday afternoon that he had been the victim of racist comments during board meetings, but refused to mention any names.

"Sometimes people cross the line within the supervisory board. There have even been racist comments. I don't want to go into details, but it's not easy to hold this position," he explained.

Nevertheless, Studio Voetbal stressed later on Sunday that Cruyff was the one who insulted Davids.

"You are only on the supervisory board because you're black," Cruyff allegedly said, a statement that was later claimed to be true by Ten Have.

"Unfortunately, that statement is true. Edgar has been insulted and has received shocking treatment," Ten Have revealed.

Cruyff has had a troublesome relationship with the other four members of the supervisory board right from the start, but things spiralled out of control last week with the appointment of Louis van Gaal as the club's new CEO behind the legendary No.14's back.

CRUYFF RESPONDS

Johan Cruyff has strongly denied being a racist after allegations that he had made a discriminatory remark against Edgar Davids. Cruyff was accused of a racist remark against the former Holland midfielder at a meeting of Ajax's supervisory board, on which they both sit.

"My foundation now has some 120 football pitches laid out for children, a lot of them immigrants," Cruyff said of his work on behalf of disabled and underprivileged youngsters. "We live in a multicultural society. They discredit themselves with this. I have a broad back … It is really too much to respond."

Cruyff was speaking after Davids gave an interview on the Dutch television show Studio Voetbal on Sunday afternoon. He made claims of racism towards him but did not mention Cruyff.

Davids said: "Sometimes people cross the line within the supervisory board. There have even been racist comments. I don't want to go into details."

Subsequently, another Ajax supervisory board member, Steven ten Have, conducted a live interview with Studio Voetbal in which he pointed the finger at Cruyff. Ten Have said Cruyff's direct comment to Davids was: "You are only on the supervisory board because you're black." Ten Have added: "Edgar has been insulted and has received shocking treatment."

In a later interview Davids stressed he believed that Cruyff is not racist.

Ten Have did not specify at what meeting the alleged comment was made but claimed that every time the supervisory board convenes proceedings are recorded.

Ajax declined to comment on the affair. Cruyff, a former Barcelona manager, was expected to expand on the issue on Tuesday in his weekly column in the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. That routinely appears on Monday but a weather delay which impeded Cruyff's return to his home in Catalonia on Sunday evening meant that his column this week was postponed for 24 hours.

Cruyff's position on the Ajax committee has been subject to scrutiny in any case, with speculation in Amsterdam suggesting that he could leave his post at a meeting next Monday. The appointment of Louis van Gaal as Ajax's chief executive, reportedly without Cruyff's knowledge, is thought to have caused a split.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/21/johan-cruyff-edgar-davids-race

Last edited by jibers on Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cruyff responded)
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Johan Cruyff racially abused Edgar Davids  Empty Re: Johan Cruyff racially abused Edgar Davids

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:21 pm

That's pretty damning. Shame on Cruyff, he should know better.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Johan Cruyff racially abused Edgar Davids  Empty Re: Johan Cruyff racially abused Edgar Davids

Post by Lex Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Racism is the new black....

woops
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:22 pm

What a disgusting traitor disease.

Hope he gtfo from Ajax!
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Technically Cruyff was accusing the Ajax board of reverse racism.

It's still a dumb thing to say. Old man Johan really needs to learn how to shut that big mouth of his.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Oh snap :dance:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Barca DNA :bow:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Davids :bow:

Could've run snitching to the press but he is humble and respectful :coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:24 pm

Inb4 Barca DNA Laughing
Shameful, really for a such "wise" man like himself should know better.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:25 pm

Cruyff is many things, wise is not one of them Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:27 pm

Just a side note to madrid fans: Try not to seem so excited next time Laughing

Spread your comments out over a period of hours or days....you'll be spent within 20 minutes at this pace
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:28 pm

Zealous wrote:Cruyff is many things, wise is not one of them Laughing
Why not? I mean he got trashed 4-0 from Milan years ago..Any normal manager in the charge wouldnt let that thing to happen. But he did, so clearly not only is he wise but unique as well. lol
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:29 pm

Madrid fans gloating off a racist remark :facepalm:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:29 pm

Ugh... I mean, it is stupid what he said, and I condemn it...

But like, it is really not that big a deal intention wise by Cruyff.
It isn't really racist (indeed more about reverse racism) and Cruyff is one of the old generation....

Still, this whole Ajax freak show is starting to really bother me more and more.
I WANT MY CLUB BACK Sad And I want Cruyff to stay!
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm

I'm black and I don't think he's racist. He might have a point. Cruyff has never been know for being politically correct. I don't think this is racism at all tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:31 pm

Tbf David's has Barca DNA aswell.........

Anyway......

Johan Cruyff racially abused Edgar Davids  201111211836569059
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:34 pm

Johan Cruyff racially abused Edgar Davids  Racist11
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:37 pm

I hate him. he really needs to talk less.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:41 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:Ugh... I mean, it is stupid what he said, and I condemn it...

But like, it is really not that big a deal intention wise by Cruyff.
It isn't really racist (indeed more about reverse racism) and Cruyff is one of the old generation....

Still, this whole Ajax freak show is starting to really bother me more and more.
I WANT MY CLUB BACK Sad And I want Cruyff to stay!

Football has gone race crazy, hasn't it? Eboue, Suarez, Terry, Cruyff, Blatter...we have a "manita" of race scandals
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:42 pm

Anyone else feeling that racism-trigger is being pulled a little too easily nowadays?

"You're only in because you're black", I don't see the racism in that.

That's not saying that Davids is inferior somehow, that's saying he has been favoured because of a feature he has got (that is unrelated to the job).
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:43 pm

Exactly, he's accusing the Ajax board of reverse racism.

It's still a dumb thing to say because it implies that Davids didn't earn his place or isn't good at his job.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:47 pm

Art Morte wrote:Anyone else feeling that racism-trigger is being pulled a little too easily nowadays?

"You're only in because you're black", I don't see the racism in that.

That's not saying that Davids is inferior somehow, that's saying he has been favoured because of a feature he has got (that is unrelated to the job).

Exactly. I'm fed up of this crap bh. Word is that it has been intentionally made public because Davids wants to get rid of Cruyff!
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:38 pm

Not racist at all. People need to stop claiming racism with everything, because when it actually happens its going to get ignored even further.

Anyway, I cant really condemn Cruyff. First of all, we dont if he said this or not.

Second, even if he did, that doesnt make him incorrect. We simply dont know.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:42 pm

The Franchise wrote:Not racist at all. People need to stop claiming racism with everything, because when it actually happens its going to get ignored even further.

Anyway, I cant really condemn Cruyff. First of all, we dont if he said this or not.

Second, even if he did, that doesnt make him incorrect. We simply dont know.

Cruyff Fanboy..

albino
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:46 pm

Yes lol

But not in this case. I was black before I was a Barca fan. Wont ever stand up for a Barca connection just because im a fan when we talking racism.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum