Mr Nick09
Sushi Master
buddytaller
JuvenelCuore
Great Leader Sprucenuce
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mike Ashley changes St James Park to Sports Direct Arena  Empty Mike Ashley changes St James Park to Sports Direct Arena

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:58 pm

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2011/11/10/st-james-park-to-be-renamed-sports-direct-arena-by-newcastle-united-72703-29749547/

Mind if i swear mods?

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Mike Ashley changes St James Park to Sports Direct Arena  Empty Re: Mike Ashley changes St James Park to Sports Direct Arena

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:00 pm

:facepalm:

One thing you do not do is sell out a historic stadium...119 years of history sold for money. Sad day for football.

Condolences Mole. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Mike Ashley changes St James Park to Sports Direct Arena  Empty Re: Mike Ashley changes St James Park to Sports Direct Arena

Post by buddytaller Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:06 pm

I don't think its really a big deal, that appears to be the trend these days, Emirates Stadium, Etihad Stadium, Alliaz Arena, Reebok ..... but seriously what would you prefer staying competitive in the EPL with a new Stadium name or battling with relegation with an old name.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:06 pm

Next up, Etihad Airways instead of North Rock.

You know you want it, it'll be the new Emirates.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:12 pm

buddytaller wrote:I don't think its really a big deal, that appears to be the trend these days, Emirates Stadium, Etihad Stadium, Alliaz Arena, Reebok ..... but seriously what would you prefer staying competitive in the EPL with a new Stadium name or battling with relegation with an old name.

Yep lets compare stadiums with no history what so ever with a stadium of over a 100 years of history......

Totally comparable :facepalm:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:20 pm

Most club stadiums before they were rebuilt, moved etc. had rich history, but with financial fair play rules etc. Clubs like Newcastle would not be able to hold on to their priced assets let alone buy better players if they don't find ways of injecting new capital into the club.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:22 pm

Moneh Moneh MONEEEHH
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:24 pm

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:29 pm

Chelsea are considering doing the same thing.

Samsung bridge sounds terrible.

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 pm

On that note, Chelsea deserve a new stadium.

Gazprom Palace would sound totally sweet.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 pm

buddytaller wrote:Most club stadiums before they were rebuilt, moved etc. had rich history, but with financial fair play rules etc. Clubs like Newcastle would not be able to hold on to their priced assets let alone buy better players if they don't find ways of injecting new capital into the club.

We are not going to anyway Laughing

We havent won a trophy since the late 60s the fa cup since the 50s and a league since the 20s.....

Its not like we have a position to uphold we will continue to finish mid table and nothing more why should we throw away one of the prestigious stadiums not just in England but in the world for some extra cash to help us finish 8th every year?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Its been known as sports direct at st james for ages, not that much of a change.

Hardly that historic, its been tore down and rebuilt that many times. They dont even fully own the place.

Most members of that jawdee nation didn't even know they played at st james park till after 1992.

Ashley cant win, he sorts they abysmal finances out & gets them in the best league position they been in for years but they still rage.

We are reportedly in discussions with Hyundai to be our new sponsor, which will involve the stadium being renamed. A move I welcome if it brings more finances into the club.

At the end of the day money is what rules football, not the name of a stadium.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:47 pm

It really sucks. Just hope you get a good sponsor who will have there name on it for a long time.

I'm a Miami Dolphins fan and Joe Robbie Stadium has had 7 different names in the last 15 years. Some years I don't even realize we changed it until I watch the first home game.

For Newcastle it had to happen sooner or later, if you like being in the top 4 and want to have those asperations then this move was inevitable. All the same it still sucks.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:53 pm

He is purposely doing everything he can to piss off Newcastle fans? Did he not see how annoyed we got when he just replaced the lettering on the stand?

Fat prick just went back on my hit list. Clubber
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:56 pm

I am Sorry Mole
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:57 pm

Pray to God that an offer does not come in hand of Perez for a similar thing
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:24 pm

On the bright side, the stadium will forever be known as St. James' Park, even if it's no longer its official name. Ask a random Newcaslte fan in the street what the stadium is called, and they'll say St James' Park, not Sports Direct Arena.

I know it's the prinicples of the thing and I'll know people will dsiagree with me, but looking at it objectively, is it really much of an issue? You'll get more money from the sponser, and fans will still refer to it as St. James' Park.

Having said that, if we were still playing in Highbury and it was renamed Emirates Stadium, I would be pretty pissed. So I do empathise with Newcastle fans on this.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:27 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:On the bright side, the stadium will forever be known as St. James' Park, even if it's no longer its official name. Ask a random Newcaslte fan in the street what the stadium is called, and they'll say St James' Park, not Sports Direct Arena.

I know it's the prinicples of the thing and I'll know people will dsiagree with me, but looking at it objectively, is it really much of an issue? You'll get more money from the sponser, and fans will still refer to it as St. James' Park.

Having said that, if we were still playing in Highbury and it was renamed Emirates Stadium, I would be pretty pissed. So I do empathise with Newcastle fans on this.

True i myself will always refer to it as St James' Park.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:28 pm

EPL Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:45 pm

€ PL :mental:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:47 pm

Sushi Master wrote:€ PL :mental:

:flower:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:55 pm

VibeTribe wrote:EPL Laughing

You jelly we get the money brah?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:04 pm

english_jewel wrote:
VibeTribe wrote:EPL Laughing

You jelly we get the money brah?

Not sure if serious. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:06 pm

I would probably stop supporting my club if it sold it's legacy for cash....
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:07 pm

WTF has this got to do with PL or any league for that matter?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum