kiranr
Art Morte
shamr9pato
VivaStPauli
McLewis
35 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Kevin-Prince Boateng quits Ghana - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng quits Ghana

Post by Highburied Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:10 pm

Do you think Germany would play him each game?

Thats when he made his decision to play for Ghana instead.

Frimpong just made a decision to play for Ghana and he might do the same.

These players who were raised in another country have mixed feelings for both homeland and current country. Actually they dont feel connected to either.

So I kinda understand Prince.

Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Kevin-Prince Boateng quits Ghana - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng quits Ghana

Post by Magricos Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:16 pm

FArimpong's situation is different though he was born in Ghana and two years ago he came out and said he will play for Ghana. He could have just said he would play for England.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Gnabry Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:37 pm

I think KPB was born in Ghana as well but he always said he wanted to play for Germany.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/05/27/1945355/world-cup-2010-i-used-my-head-not-my-heart-to-go-for-ghana
"I was still holding out hope of being picked for Germany and playing alongside my brother Jerome,” he said to fifa.com.
So I turned Ghana down. But now I’ve made a rational decision, with my head rather than my heart."
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:19 pm

I don't understand what everyone is complaining about?

He played for Ghana and gave them his best. He gave 100% . He has now decided that he cannot do both international and club football, for now at the very least. What's the problem? It's a win-win. Ghana got his services, with 100% commitment, and he got the move to Milan. Ghana knew everything and Boateng was upfront about the whole situation. He had already admitted that he wanted Germany more than Ghana, but that playing for Ghana was better than not playing international football at all. It's not like he deceived the country or the team; they knew that they were getting a player who is very talented, but not necessarily passionate about the country or the team. They didn't mind though, and we shouldn't be calling him "disgraceful" or "disrespecting Ghana" if they themselves gave him the opportunity to do so.

Like I said, if he wasn't going to give 100% to the team anymore, then it's definitely the better decision to not play at the moment

Last edited by Iceman on Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:20 pm

Not playing for your NT??? That's just absolutely shameful.

Btw, the problem is not the international schedule. The number of games a year have been about the same for almost 30 years now. Club competitions have increased dramatically however...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Iceman... can you imagine if Rooney or Wilshere came out and said that they would no longer play for the England NT to focus on their club? They might as well quit football and change nationalities. You just don't do it unless there's a very good reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:29 pm

But I don't understand why it's such a big deal, especially in this specific situation where the player was very clear on the reasons behind his choice of country in the first place.

Rooney and Wilshere love England, and wouldn't play for any other country whilst Boateng only "chose" Ghana because Germany wouldn't have him. And even if Ghana were his first choice, and then he suddenly started feeling distant from his country and felt that he wouldn't give his all, what's the problem with retiring from international football? Less glory and all, but if you don't feel a purpose behind your involvement, or you just feel to distant from the country you're playing for, then why put in half-arsed performances? It's better for both player and team to just retire.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:30 pm

If I was a pro footballer knowing that I can be called up to represent my country makes even more determined to play well with my club........... but KPB........ :facepalm:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:31 pm

Boateng is like 95% German, though. I can imagine the huge difference in German and Ghanian culture. He was probably never too motivated to play for Ghana, since he wanted to break into Germany, but obviously couldn't. I don't agree with him agreeing to play for Ghana, then just suddenly leaving after Ghana is in freaking awesome shape just because he wants to be fat and not run so much.

NT football: the new club league Wink
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:38 pm

boateng,love him more and more :facepalm:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:18 pm

Kevin is an international mercenary. I hope they don't let this clown play for Ghana in 2014.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:51 pm

nothing wrong with what he did since he hasn't really been passionate about playing for ghana.

I think he didn't just take the decision on his own, he must have talked it through with his lawyer, agent and the ghana F.A before taking the decision
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:23 pm

Playing for Ghana in the world cup got him where he his now, otherwise he will be playing with Portsmouth
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:03 am

Retiring from international football at 24 years of age? smh :facepalm:
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:08 am

This might sound harsh but you cannot hate on the guy for being a professional about this. A professional players first priority should be the club. Afterall, they are paying him. Sentiments aside, getting paid while being injured seems more unjust to me.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:08 am

Anyone here also think that maybe boateng exploited Ghana so that he can play in a major tournament and get scouted to play for a big club like Milan?

Kinda makes sense now...
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:09 am

Devil-Is-Red wrote:Anyone here also think that maybe boateng exploited Ghana so that he can play in a major tournament and get scouted to play for a big club like Milan?

Kinda makes sense now...

That's what a lot of young players do.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:11 am

english_jewel wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:Anyone here also think that maybe boateng exploited Ghana so that he can play in a major tournament and get scouted to play for a big club like Milan?

Kinda makes sense now...

That's what a lot of young players do.

Like who? And how many of them give up on the national team at such a young age?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:18 am

Maybe he regrets choosing Ghana over Germany and now yes no longer motivated
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:27 am

Maybe he is serious about club football and agrees with thousands of people that friendlies are crap...People are assuming he exploited ghana he didn't call himself up they called him to the squad.

Besides can't he come back anytime he hasn't retired from football just resigned which means he can come back for big tournaments where it counts.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:29 am

nichabr wrote:Maybe he is serious about club football and agrees with thousands of people that friendlies are crap...People are assuming he exploited ghana he didn't call himself up they called him to the squad.

Besides can't he come back anytime he hasn't retired from football just resigned which means he can come back for big tournaments where it counts.

Doesn't deserve to be allowed back ever.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:31 am

lszanto wrote:
nichabr wrote:Maybe he is serious about club football and agrees with thousands of people that friendlies are crap...People are assuming he exploited ghana he didn't call himself up they called him to the squad.

why not? he hasn't done anything wrong...
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:31 am

nichabr wrote:
lszanto wrote:

Seriously? If you think that then it's not even worth trying to explain it to you.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:37 am

lszanto wrote:
nichabr wrote:
lszanto wrote:

Seriously? If you think that then it's not even worth trying to explain it to you.

i don't see anything wrong with boateng leaving his NT team...would you prefer he stay and play like crap for years to come like certain players do.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:39 am

nichabr wrote:
lszanto wrote:
nichabr wrote:
lszanto wrote:

i don't see anything wrong with boateng leaving his NT team...would you prefer he stay and play like crap for years to come like certain players do.

Lack of respect for his country, no real reason to actually leave... Selfish, poor attitude.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:42 am

lszanto wrote:
nichabr wrote:
lszanto wrote:
nichabr wrote:
lszanto wrote:

Lack of respect for his country, no real reason to actually leave... Selfish, poor attitude.

how do you know that and what reason did he have to stay in the first place...im sure he would be playing for germany now if they took him he grew up german....
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next