Luca
Alvin89er
DeviAngel
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Matri: I’m not the new Trezeguet  Empty Matri: I’m not the new Trezeguet

Post by DeviAngel Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:01 pm

Alessandro Matri has played down comparisons between himself and Juventus legend David Trezeguet.

Matri netted the winner in last night’s 2-1 win over Fiorentina to underline his capability in front of goal for the Old Lady.

“Being compared to Trezeguet is a little excessive,” the striker, who joined Juventus from Cagliari in the summer after an initial loan stint, told Sky Sport Italia.

“Trezeguet wrote a chapter in the history of this club, whereas I haven’t even picked up a pen yet…”

The Italian international has had to fight for his place in the Juve side this term, but he’s responded with four League goals in seven appearances.

“I’m now working a lot better than I did at the start of the season,” he added. “I’m mentally in a better frame of mind too and I’m able to do what the Coach is asking of me.

“I’m just taking each game as it comes, even if I am obviously happy with the goal and the win against Fiorentina.”

Matri has scored 13 goals in 23 games for Juventus in his career to date which gives him a goal ratio of 0.57 per tie.

Trezeguet, meanwhile, netted 171 goals in 320 matches across all competitions for the Old Lady – a goal ratio of 0.53.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Matri: I’m not the new Trezeguet  Empty Re: Matri: I’m not the new Trezeguet

Post by Alvin89er Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Whoever compared him to Trez is retarded, period, and knows nothing........
Alvin89er
Alvin89er
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:07 pm

Trezegol Sad LEGEND

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin89er Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:11 pm

Luca wrote:Trezegol Sad LEGEND

A world class striker, shame we don't have any of those anymore :facepalm:
Alvin89er
Alvin89er
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:20 pm

Matri is doing a wonderful job at Juventus. His shot to goal conversion rate might rival trezeguet... but plain and simple, there is only one Trezeguet.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:21 pm

Matri is still young and has time to improve further... which is really good for us. I think his ratio will decline when he gets older, and also lets not forget that Trezeguet scored a boatload in the CL for us, while Matri (IIRC) hasnt featured ever in that competition.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:52 pm

king_alex10 wrote:Matri is still young and has time to improve further... which is really good for us. I think his ratio will decline when he gets older, and also lets not forget that Trezeguet scored a boatload in the CL for us, while Matri (IIRC) hasnt featured ever in that competition.

Hes not really that young, this is the best Matri we will see, which is pretty damn good if you ask me

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Luca wrote:
king_alex10 wrote:Matri is still young and has time to improve further... which is really good for us. I think his ratio will decline when he gets older, and also lets not forget that Trezeguet scored a boatload in the CL for us, while Matri (IIRC) hasnt featured ever in that competition.

Hes not really that young, this is the best Matri we will see, which is pretty damn good if you ask me

ST's have their peak in 29-32 yrs so I guess there will be better from Matri
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:57 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:

how drastic of a difference do you think that will make, he is 27 lol
he'll get somewhat better as this is the best team he has played for but really he is already very good is what im saying

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:01 pm

yeah he IS already very good, true. I can see him getting better though. I can see him getting unbelievably better by next game too, if he starts with Quagliarella beside him.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:

he'll get somewhat better as this is the best team he has played for but really he is already very good is what im saying

how drastic ? Di Natale !
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:06 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:

how drastic ? Di Natale !

:bow:
even though I hate Toto! that would be sweet

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin89er Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:13 pm

[quote="king_alex10"]Matri is still young and has time to improve further... which is really good for us. I think his ratio will decline when he gets older, and also lets not forget that Trezeguet scored a boatload in the CL for us, while Matri (IIRC) hasnt featured ever in that competition.[/quote]

He's 27, gonna be 28 next year, that ain't exactly young. Trez had a decade at the club, and joined when he was like 22-23, lol. If we get in to the champions league we need someone of champions league quality i.e. A Higuain/benzema, Matri isn't of that quality, neither is most of our squad.
Alvin89er
Alvin89er
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Alvin89er wrote:[quote="king_alex10"]Matri is still young and has time to improve further... which is really good for us. I think his ratio will decline when he gets older, and also lets not forget that Trezeguet scored a boatload in the CL for us, while Matri (IIRC) hasnt featured ever in that competition.

He's 27, gonna be 28 next year, that ain't exactly young. Trez had a decade at the club, and joined when he was like 22-23, lol. If we get in to the champions league we need someone of champions league quality i.e. A Higuain/benzema, Matri isn't of that quality, neither is most of our squad.[/quote]

How can you say that when Matri never had a chance at 'big' club and UCL ? He was scoring impressive amount of goals in Cagliari .... he has 13 goals in 23 apps for Juve so far
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Alvin89er wrote:[quote="king_alex10"]Matri is still young and has time to improve further... which is really good for us. I think his ratio will decline when he gets older, and also lets not forget that Trezeguet scored a boatload in the CL for us, while Matri (IIRC) hasnt featured ever in that competition.

He's 27, gonna be 28 next year, that ain't exactly young. Trez had a decade at the club, and joined when he was like 22-23, lol. If we get in to the champions league we need someone of champions league quality i.e. A Higuain/benzema, Matri isn't of that quality, neither is most of our squad.[/quote]

To what, win the champions league or make the champions league?
This squad can make it and proceed through the group stage in my opinion and that alone brings a ton of money in

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin89er Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:39 pm

Luca wrote:

He's 27, gonna be 28 next year, that ain't exactly young. Trez had a decade at the club, and joined when he was like 22-23, lol. If we get in to the champions league we need someone of champions league quality i.e. A Higuain/benzema, Matri isn't of that quality, neither is most of our squad.

To what, win the champions league or make the champions league?
This squad can make it and proceed through the group stage in my opinion and that alone brings a ton of money in[/quote]

Competitive, i.e. quarter finals at least. This squad is no where near good enough to even get out of the group stages, we couldn't even get out of last seasons europa league group, and the squad hasn't exactly had new world class players added to it.

We need to sign a world class LB in january

And in the summer market : Quality Centre Half, ADP replacement, Quality winger and Pirlo/deputy/long term replacement.
Alvin89er
Alvin89er
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin89er Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:41 pm

If we actually sign 3 quality first team players (not pointless shitty squad/bench players, that you spend tens of millions on :facepalm: ) every summer market instead of 100 shit one's we'd actually have a decent team now and be in the champions league. Very Happy
Alvin89er
Alvin89er
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:11 pm

The guy scores and scores, and when you less think it, HE SCORES AGAIN cheers
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Alvin89er wrote:If we actually sign 3 quality first team players (not pointless shitty squad/bench players, that you spend tens of millions on :facepalm: ) every summer market instead of 100 shit one's we'd actually have a decent team now and be in the champions league. Very Happy

Though once again you sound like someone who has no brain, your ideas are right. Spending money, and money and money and yet... nothing. Sure there's this season still to prove... but highly doubtful this would be the least of it, more money to be spent in the winter Market.

We had the oppurtunities to have,

Cassano = Free
Pazzini = 15m
Cassani = 6m
Poli = 5m
Rossi = 20m

etc...

Instead...

Matri = 18.5m... compared to Pazzini.
Vucinic = 18m... While Rossi would of been Better nonetheless(Including Cassano being free)
Poli for being a vice... instead...No one.

Simple examples.

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:45 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
Alvin89er wrote:If we actually sign 3 quality first team players (not pointless shitty squad/bench players, that you spend tens of millions on :facepalm: ) every summer market instead of 100 shit one's we'd actually have a decent team now and be in the champions league. Very Happy

Though once again you sound like someone who has no brain, your ideas are right. Spending money, and money and money and yet... nothing. Sure there's this season still to prove... but highly doubtful this would be the least of it, more money to be spent in the winter Market.

We had the oppurtunities to have,

Cassano = Free
Pazzini = 15m
Cassani = 6m
Poli = 5m
Rossi = 20m

Simple examples.

I Love how this keeps being brought up over and over yet the reality is that these players were never going to come...at least not at those prices. Samp wasn't giving anyone to Juve after we too Del Neri and Marotta from them...And with this current market there was no way Rossi was being sold for less then 25-30 million...not after the season he had prior. When teams know you have money to spend its either splash the cash a bit or i'll find someone else. If it was Juve's 6mil vs Fiorentina's 6mil I would sell to Fiorentina simply because I know Juve could offer more but they didn't.
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:49 am

Sampdoria would not give anyone to us ? Yet Marotta got Ziegler and everyone here called him quality. So I guess by that standard, any of them could have come.

And wait a second. Inter take Pazzini and they give them Poli months later ? Makes no sense, now does it ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:51 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:Sampdoria would not give anyone to us ? Yet Marotta got Ziegler and everyone here called him quality. So I guess by that standard, any of them could have come.

And wait a second. Inter take Pazzini and they give them Poli months later ? Makes no sense, now does it ?

Inter didn't take Sampdoria's manager and director though lol
Ziegler came on a free- Sampdoria had no influence

Juve are pressing on Sampdoria for the striker Giampaolo Pazzini (26), but the chairman Riccardo Garrone declared: "They already know: neither for 100 million euros Pazzini will transfer to Juventus".

Even if they lost champions: "We will not sell our jewels, said Garrone, even if we don't work out the fist leg, will be too late and we would not have enough time".

"The second competition is the 25th August, there will be then 6 days until the end of the market and is almost impossible to make important deal , we can do only little things".

http://www.footballpress.net/index.php/function.mysql-connect?action=read&idsel=67169

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:56 am

Honestly, still do not believe it.

If it is true, looks like management chose the wrong Sampdoria duo.

Cassano x Pazzini > Marotta x Del Neri. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:59 am

its true for Pazzini, not true for Cassano who was on such bad terms with Sampdoria that Juventus could have probably signed him which is unfortunate.

Ended up with Matri and Quagliarella in the same season, Pazzini and Cassano would have been better but I can't complain as I like Matri/Quagliarella Very Happy

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:59 am

Luca wrote:its true for Pazzini, not true for Cassano who was on such bad terms with Sampdoria that Juventus could have probably signed him which is unfortunate.

Ended up with Matri and Quagliarella in the same season, Pazzini and Cassano would have been better but I can't complain as I like Matri/Quagliarella Very Happy

I do as well. Rate Matri a bit higher as a matter of fact.

I would LOVE it if Quagliarella actually played though. Sad
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next