RealGunner
Babun
45 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 Empty The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Babun Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:38 am

@rincon
We try to work from home as much as possible, when in the office, everyone wears face masks full time with no exceptions or under the nose. If an inspector comes and sees any of us without a mask there's a hefty fine(only certain amount of people are allowed in a room at the same time depending on the m², the rooms are aired periodically, there are marking on the floor to keep the 1,5m distance).
Here, everything is relaxed in the public because we weren't hit much by the first wave. Officials take the matter very seriously though.
Take care and good luck
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:38 pm

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 _113753241_uk_daily_cases_with_ra_30jul-nc
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:23 pm

Seems like every place is 2nd waving now

Here in MA the cases seem to be mostly from people traveling to other states and bringing it back, and then attending parties, etc

No idea why we still allowed gatherings of 10 people or more.

Boston is also a university hub, and a lot of people are worried about students coming in from southern and western states and acting as 'super spreaders'
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:40 pm

He was cited in Spiegel, I found the original source.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:25 am

So... we semi- opened up our borders this month. People could even travel to Spain without being put in quarantine upon returning. Result: small outbreaks are occurring in different parts of the country, and even the city where I live, where no one's been infected since may, recently saw a family return from Spain with the infection. Opening for travel outside the nordic countries (bar Sweden) was a baffling decision that might ruin the great work the government had done up until this month.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:37 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/27/health/coronavirus-mask-protection.html

Wearing masks filters out some Covid particles which leads to a less severe exposure and less severe disease.

So even when it's not effective it still helps.

I missed your comment. This is how masks should be advertised in the US and UK: "The facemask protects YOU and the others from the Wuhan virus, yes, I mean YOU!"
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:25 am

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2020/aug/01/masks-make-us-slaves-thousands-march-in-berlin-anti-lockdown-protest-video

'Masks make us slaves': thousands march in Berlin anti-lockdown protest

Goes to show the US is hardly alone when it comes to anti-mask hysteria
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:30 am

Babun wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/27/health/coronavirus-mask-protection.html

Wearing masks filters out some Covid particles which leads to a less severe exposure and less severe disease.

So even when it's not effective it still helps.

I missed your comment. This is how masks should be advertised in the US and UK: "The facemask protects YOU and the others from the Wuhan virus, yes, I mean YOU!"
it's the only way to get to them
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:14 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2020/aug/01/masks-make-us-slaves-thousands-march-in-berlin-anti-lockdown-protest-video

'Masks make us slaves': thousands march in Berlin anti-lockdown protest

Goes to show the US is hardly alone when it comes to anti-mask hysteria

Understandable. I'm young, with no respiratory issues, and wearing a mask in the middle of summer makes me dizzy so can't even imagine how it's like for older people.

It's different though when people refuse to wear a mask because they believe Corona is a hoax heh
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:48 am

@BC
The protest was a legit one about real issues like failed communication between the gov and people about the situation, families whose kids can't go to school full time, bars, shops, hoteliries who suffer from restrictions then you have a hard core of extreme left and right whose only issue is the state itself.
Those snowflakes want all of the restrictions lifted for no other reason than "the state is repressing them with facemasks". People don't even need to wear a mask in public, just indoors. They disregarded the 1.5m rule, clogged together without facemasks, no sanitizing or disenfecting was there at hand. The protest became illegal and was called off by the organizer, for he was sued by another private person for not abiding by the AHA rules and so endangering his life. The police don't hesitate here, they took the protestors apart and sent them home. Some of theme refuse to go home. There were around 20000 people. No riots and no one was injured.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:58 pm

Babun wrote:@BC
The protest was a legit one about real issues like failed communication between the gov and people about the situation, families whose kids can't go to school full time, bars, shops, hoteliries who suffer from restrictions then you have a hard core of extreme left and right whose only issue is the state itself.
Those snowflakes want all of the restrictions lifted for no other reason than "the state is repressing them with facemasks". People don't even need to wear a mask in public, just indoors. They disregarded the 1.5m rule, clogged together without facemasks, no sanitizing or disenfecting was there at hand. The protest became illegal and was called off by the organizer, for he was sued by another private person for not abiding by the AHA rules and so endangering his life. The police don't hesitate here, they took the protestors apart and sent them home. Some of theme refuse to go home. There were around 20000 people. No riots and no one was injured.

I don't see how this is different anywhere else tbh. Everyone has to make the best of it but waving around signs like "masks = slavery" is just silly
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:15 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Babun wrote:@BC

I don't see how this is different anywhere else tbh. Everyone has to make the best of it but waving around signs like "masks = slavery" is just silly

That's the point. The escalation wasn't initiated by normal people but by extreme left and right. In Germany, the police doesn't let the protest continue though if the majourity is peaceful. The oraganizer has to register the protest and set the rules, if he/she can't bring the people to abide by the rules the police is allowed to dissolve the protest. They did just that still the issues mentioned are real. Every country has got their solutions.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:23 pm

Thanks for the support guys.

I am holding up well though. Lost the sense of smell and taste but physically I'm doing completely fine. Just a matter of one week or so and I should be done with his whole ordeal.

Not experiencing any typical symptoms of covid like breathlessness (touchwood) so I guess that's a positive.

Spoke to one of the doctors at the hospital and they told me that more than 70% who have tested positive are asymptomatic and many of those who have experienced full blown symptoms are testing negative. I mean I am definitely following the precautions and all but this is turning into a fear mongering thing tbh fueled by media/politicians. What do you guys think ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:16 pm

told you guys would come to the realisation 🤷
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:00 pm

It's great news if you only have a very mild case.

I don't think there's "fear mongering", though. Asymptomatics can still spread it to more vulnerable people and have long-term side effects such as chronic fatigue lasting months. Young people can still have a very serious disease and die, even if they're the "exception" to the overall trend.

In the end, it may turn out that the virus was less fatal than we feared, or that these long-term effects aren't as damaging as we fear, and that most people have a mild illness and recover like normal... but we don't know that's the case yet, because only a small percentage of the world's population has been infected.

At the very least, us 20/30 somethings, who lead decently healthy lives and have no known underlying health problems, shouldn't be the ones to determine how much others should "fear" the virus.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:39 am

Jay29 wrote:It's great news if you only have a very mild case.

I don't think there's "fear mongering", though. Asymptomatics can still spread it to more vulnerable people and have long-term side effects such as chronic fatigue lasting months. Young people can still have a very serious disease and die, even if they're the "exception" to the overall trend.

In the end, it may turn out that the virus was less fatal than we feared, or that these long-term effects aren't as damaging as we fear, and that most people have a mild illness and recover like normal... but we don't know that's the case yet, because only a small percentage of the world's population has been infected.

At the very least, us 20/30 somethings, who lead decently healthy lives and have no known underlying health problems, shouldn't be the ones to determine how much others should "fear" the virus.

There're two sides to everything and I say it as someone who has got relatives in the risk group. We can't destroy the foundation of the future generations to protect a subset of people who have mostly lived their lives. It's irresposible from every point of view. Kids can't vote and don't hold power, 20-30y olds are mostly starting to get on with their lives.
The better approach would be to effectivly isolate the risk groups until a cure/vaccine is found or the pandemic is over. That one year taken away from the kids is comparable to 20 years from 60-80 in a relative sense.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:57 am

Original but without subtitles

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aNgLBy6_460svav1.mp4
with subtitles

Too funny and hilarious.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:21 pm

Surag get well soon. You got it in Bangalore?

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:21 am

From ‘brain fog’ to heart damage, COVID-19’s lingering problems alarm scientists
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/07/brain-fog-heart-damage-covid-19-s-lingering-problems-alarm-scientists
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:18 pm

getting tired of this shit, just had a mini-outburst towards my family about how a slightly advanced form of the flu is being completely blown out of proportion.

my little cousin had to go get his teeth removed today, but now it got delayed because apparently he has to take a fucking Covid test before the procedure. What a load of shit. This whole thing has been a shenanigans, not to mention all the inaccuracy and unreliability of the tests. Do these doctors even know what exactly they're looking for at this point??? He's been completely healthy. We all have been completely healthy, not even a slight seasonal cold this year, and by this point of the year i usually would have had the cold twice.

But now what if that test comes back positive for my little cousin and then we and he would have to deal with the stupid stigma and dramatic "fear" that comes with this bullshit.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:48 pm

El Gunner wrote:getting tired of this shit, just had a mini-outburst towards my family about how a slightly advanced form of the flu is being completely blown out of proportion.

my little cousin had to go get his teeth removed today, but now it got delayed because apparently he has to take a fucking Covid test before the procedure. What a load of shit. This whole thing has been a shenanigans, not to mention all the inaccuracy and unreliability of the tests. Do these doctors even know what exactly they're looking for at this point??? He's been completely healthy. We all have been completely healthy, not even a slight seasonal cold this year, and by this point of the year i usually would have had the cold twice.

But now what if that test comes back positive for my little cousin and then we and he would have to deal with the stupid stigma and dramatic "fear" that comes with this bullshit.

These doctors as you say are mostly 40+ years old and very suspect ot the virus. They're so unimportant that your brother or you can't do without them. Of course, if in an asymptomatic state, one of you infects him you don't care about the aftermaths either. Wuhan virus isn't a slightly advanced flu. Even people who had it here (goallegacy) can attest that.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:14 pm

Adit wrote:Surag get well soon. You got it in Bangalore?

Thanks

Yep.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:31 pm

Get well soon S

Second wave starting in Europe.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:39 pm

S wrote:
. I mean I am definitely following the precautions and all but this is turning into a fear mongering thing tbh fueled by media/politicians. What do you guys think ?

Depends if you are one of the 12.6 million recovered or one of the people who've lost someone in past 5 months in that number of 730k.

Scientists told us way back in January that the mortality rate is 2-3% and right now its about 5% (in closed cases, not total), will keep decreasing. Regardless, it was never about the mortality or the fear, it was always about the rate of spread wrt to hospitalizations wrt level of healthcare.

https://bengaluru.citizenmatters.in/bengaluru-covid-government-private-hospital-beds-data-shortage-treatment-47488

You can go to a hospital being pre-diabetic only to die from COVID within a week because some who's asymptomatic affected you at the hospital.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:35 am

@Nishankly
No second wave except for Belgium maybe. The testing rate is higher during the holiday season, more cases are found but the increase isn't exponential = under control. We can also cope with 4000 per day as long as the growth stays linear.
In South Asia, lots of people die without getting to the hospitals because there's no room or they've got no money. Some of the poorest can't afford proper nutrition to have a favourable outcome. Infrastructure is breaking down, people die due to Wuhan virus economically induced problems.
What i want to say mortality rate isn't a fixed number for every outbreak point. It'll be different in the US, EU, Asia or South America and even very different among the countries there. We can talk about the mean mortality rate with huge outliers or about local mortality rate which is much more useful for planning.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next