halamadrid2
Adit
buddytaller
Mr Nick09
Ă–MARz
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Del Bosque plans to snub Perez - Page 2 Empty Re: Del Bosque plans to snub Perez

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:07 pm

Barca is pronounced Barka? Razz

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Del Bosque plans to snub Perez - Page 2 Empty Re: Del Bosque plans to snub Perez

Post by jibers Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:13 pm

Zealous wrote:
jibers wrote:
omarish wrote:He looks like the better president this season, but he made a huge mistake. It's like Rosell sacking Pep in Barca now and selling Messi (for Barca). It's stupid and it costed us a possible great era.

I mean, you don't sack someone who has won you a CL :facepalm:

I agree with you. WhenVDB was let go I was fuming. I dind't understand. The most bizzarre decision was letting makelele go tbh. He was the fulcrum of that team, no surprise chelseas success where immediate when he went there. Immediately Perez did that I knew that he knew nothing about football. For those complaining that he is giving Mou too much power, tough luck, to beat this Barcelopna side Madrid needs to be controlled by a single entity. Hopefully he's learnt from his mistakes. Classless thing to do though and VDB has every right to do what he did. Ironically Perez's gretaest achievement is kickstarting Barcas recent sucess by not signing Ronaldinho. He became the architect of his own defeat.

1. Perez wanted a more high profile coach. Epic fail basically.

2. People keep mentioning Makalele, he was great but Madrid didn't decline because they lost him. His influence is so over rated it's ridiculous. Had Del Bosque and Hierro stayed and only Makalele left nothing would have changed IMO.

3. Agree about not signing Dinho. But TBF Barca had the upper hand because of their Nike contacts (Rossell)

Completely disagree, there is areason why there was na outcry by the players that played with him, hell the players where the pones that eghged him on to ask for a salry increase. REal built from the back and Makee was the man that ditributed the ball, much like busqutes did for Barca last season. You can't have all those attacking players and no fulcrum tbh. It just doesnt work. That is Barca s biggest success and peps masterstroke. Everyone in that team from superstar to minnow puts in their shift (bar Ibra).
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:18 pm

I'm sorry bro, I just can't agree with that. Makalele played a big role but never was he the fulcrum of our side.

Your entire theory fails because even after he left we were playing amazing football. If Del Bosque was in charge Cambiasso would still be a Madrid player IMO.

Makalele is a great player no doubts there but to suggest that Madrid fell apart because he left is silly.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by skali Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:47 pm

Wow, an amazing thread with civil discussion between members, well-argumented and well-written opinions, and no one-liner idiotisms or trolling? Am I dreaming?
skali
skali
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:58 pm

You can't have Zidane + Figo + Bekham without Makalele. None of those guys plays much defense at all. Makalele's loss was amplified x100000000 because of the guys that we had in the midfield and attack. He was the guy that protected the defense tirelessly, recovered an enormous amount of balls and fed our star attacking mids in good conditions. He was the link. Once he was gone, the defense was toast because they had no midfield cover. To make things worse, we couldn't replace him by a similar player because there weren't any... he was uniquely talented to fit the role Madrid needed for DM. Hierro was less of an issue because his role was less unique and you could actually find another quality CB.

So yes, Makalele's departure was the biggest reason Madrid failed because of the way the team was built. If we hadn't bought Bekham and stuck with Makalele, we would've dominated completely.

Nobody puts Makalele with a Maradonna as a player of course... but he played such a vital part to the Madrid scheme that his impact to the team was similar than one of those legends (although he's a legend himself frankly; just not to that level).

Such an epic fail from all angles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:42 pm

Again your entire argument doesn't really explain why we were still playing extremely well after he had just left.

It was obvious the squad needed a DM though that I agree with. Our failing with Makalele is not letting him go (although I really wish he didn't leave) but that we didn't replace him with a competent player.

Losing Hierro and Del Bosque was effectively more devastating because it meant any leadership in the locker room was lost.

Maybe it's because I'm spoiled and got to watch Redondo play in deep midfield but I'll never get why people seem to think Makalele carried us on his back. As good as he was he could have been replaced IMO.

It doesn't mean that letting him go wasn't a bad idea, it was.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:45 pm

I hope Del Bosque accepts the award. In fact, though it will never happen, I would love Perez to appologise for all that stuff.

We can only dream what would have happened if VDB stayed. Something I only heard recently was that young Mourinho was actually linked to our vacant coaching post. Now THAT would have been interesting...
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:02 pm

You do realize that Makalele was considered the best DM of his generation... you just don't replace that. He played the role of 2 players defensively as he covered sideline to sideline and got the ball forward. We basically asked him to cover the entire midfield defensively by himself and he was able to do it. It would've been as if Arsenal had sold Vieira. I don't know how to explain it better than this.

Regarding 2003-2004, We didn't play well defensively afterwards. We sucked badly in fact. We won games because we scored a lot of goals early on the seas. Once our offense slowed and we needed the defense to pick us up... it failed horribly.

Also, against the better teams and in big games, you need someone to boss the midfield defensively. We had completely lost that. So we would beat up on the small teams just because of our sheer talent and got exposed once we had true tests.

Solid defense wins you championships because you won't always score 2 goals or more and you sometimes need to play for a result. Reason we're winning with Mou is because we play solid defense. Offensively, the output is the same. That's not a coincidence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:04 pm

We really missed out on young Mourinho, he would have been perfect at the time.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:11 pm

we missed out on a lot of things... mainly, the concept that you don't sell 90% of your team leaders at once after you won the CL lol.

Hierro was an incredible passer out of the defense too. Why the heck did we sell him too. And we fired an amazing manager!!! getting angry again lol.

That's why i hate high turnover. When the going gets tough, it takes teamwork and chemistry to get a team through. We're just starting to develop it with this quad. If we blow it up for no reason again, i'll be very annoyed.

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:59 pm

If we picked up young Mou, Im pretty sure young Carvalho would have made a good replacement for Hierro. Very Happy Its actually a very interesting scenario to think about, some might say its moaning about the past but I find these alternate situations quite fun actually...
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:17 pm

Hierro did not leave because VDB left. His contract was not renewed. He was not given a farewell, he he wasn't even really given a thank you press conference! Perez in his infinite wisdom felt like there was no place for a declining Hierro in our side. He was very wrong. Hierro was our leader, in addition to that while he had lost a step he was still better than those we replaced him with. He would of allowed the younger guys time to be slowly brought into the team rather than thrown into the deep end.

I agree on the Maks point. He was an epic force and made our team infinitely better, however all out problems did not start and end with him. he would of made us much better but we still had a great season when he left, but we had no DM of any kind really, which hurt us come the business end of the season. Had he been the only loss we may well have won at the very least one of the 3 trophies we were in the running for.

Lets not forget zeal that those of us that got to see Redondo will prolly never consider another DM to be all that great. TBH i never rated Maks as highly because I saw what came before. Having said that Maks was the best of his generation. Lets not forget that Perez's pettiness is why Redondo was pushed out as well...
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:29 am

Meh it's all in the past now and let's all hope that everyone involved with the club learned from it.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:26 pm

sportsczy wrote:Perez ruined Madrid starting in 2003... something we really haven't recovered from yet. Mou is trying to get the club back to football as opposed to acting like a corporation only. But Perez acting with sanity in terms of football for 1 year+ is in no way enough of a track record to trust him.

The only good things i have to say about him is that he's a good business man and he's better than Clownderon. But he should never, every get involved in the football operation aspect of Real Madrid again. He's a disaster there.

Del Bosque is completely justified in disliking Perez.

TRUTH smoking
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2