Buffon: I Would Never Play Under Zdenek Zeman

Go down

Buffon: I Would Never Play Under Zdenek Zeman Empty Buffon: I Would Never Play Under Zdenek Zeman

Post by DeviAngel Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:00 am

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has hit out at Pescara's Zdenek Zeman and stressed that he would never work under the Czech coach.

The well-travelled 64-year-old has a long-standing feud with the 27-time Scudetto winners since making his allegations of doping, which were later found to be false by the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Zeman accused the Turin giants of using performance enhancing substances during his spell in charge at Roma from 1997 until 1999, and Buffon has not forgotten those comments.

"His controversial anti-Juve allegations never touched me," the former Parma goalkeeper told Tuttosport.

"For cities like this [Pescara], he is perfect. His reputation leads people to the stadium.

"However, I would never be his goalkeeper or work under him."

Buffon is preparing to visit Pescara on Thursday to receive a special plaque and cap after passing the 100-cap mark for Italy, an honour which has also been bestowed upon Dino Zoff, Paolo Maldini and Fabio Cannavaro.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down