Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold?

+11
Brigate Rossonere
dostoevsky
Eivindo
baresi
Giancarlo
S
The Nature Boy
Forza
BiasedMilanFan3
Cruijf
Ganso
15 posters

Go down

Chance of Zlatan Ibrahimovic Being Sold?

Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold? Vote_lcap79%Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold? Vote_rcap 79% 
[ 15 ]
Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold? Vote_lcap11%Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold? Vote_lcap0%Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold? Vote_lcap0%Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold? Vote_lcap10%Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 19

Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold? Empty Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:39 pm

Lemme know what you think... I say he should... As much as he's helped for the better he should go and move on... But he won't and We won't either...

Back to top Go down

Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold? Empty Re: Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold?

Post by Ganso Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:05 pm

we have been through it before in the old forums,he stays even though most of us dont like him.

no one can fill in his shoes if he leaves.

besides,how are we supposed to sell something that isnt ours?:p
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold? Empty Re: Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold?

Post by Cruijf Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:29 pm

lol agreed.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:53 pm

Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold?

LEAVE
or
BE SOLD

man, zlatan just can't win
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:37 am

I said 5-10% because that was the lowest option, but in reality the chance of Ibra leaving is less than 1%. I didn't particularly like Ibra as a person when he came, but his impact on our on-field performance has been undeniable.

10 Reasons why Ibrahimovic will not leave:

1. We only just got him. It's rare that clubs (especially Milan), buy and sell after 1 season.

2. He's publicly expressed his desire to play for us for another 3 years.

3. The next season will be Milan's most significant in European competition since '07 and we need a full-strength squad.

4. Allegri uses Ibra as a pivotal part of the team and a focal point for attacking play.

5. The management have said absolutely nothing about him leaving.

6. If we sold him, we'd have to go to the trouble of finding a replacement. Besides, who could possibly pay what we would ask for him. Think about it... Man City is the only club that could pay enough money for us to make a big enough profit off Ibra for us to be able to buy another forward of the same calibre (taking into account the $24 million transfer fee that we would've paid to Barca and approximately $9 mil of wages that we paid to him).

7. There are no replacements for Ibra on the market. OK, so there's Sanchez, Tevez and Rossi, but they all have a drastically different playing style and physical attributes compared to Ibra.

8. He was our top scorer last season and made heaps of assists too. This is almost a good enough reason not to sell him on its own!

9. He's a lucky charm. I'm not superstitious, but 8 consecutive championships is crazy.

10. Conservative theory: He's been good this season. He has no new forwards to work with (bar Paloschi), so why change a winning formula?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:49 am

I dunno man...

Ibra is a tough player to analyze...

He is absolute Final Boss material when healthy in the League...

He is getting better in the CL but he still has that bad habit of going missing.

Overall though, you guys should definitly keep him. Ganso pointed out u guys have no direct ready made replacement for him unless u guys feel comfortable starting Paloschi every game Twisted Evil
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:54 am

king_alex10 wrote:Final Boss material

hahahahahahaha
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:17 am

its hard to find another tallish target man as skillfull on the ball as him..probably dzeko comes close !!honestly i'm a big ibra fan ..leaving aside his cl failures ,i think he was the man that won u the scudetto in the first few rounds..his arrival bought the 'champion mentality' to milan !!getting rid of him would mean ,milan will have to be content with 2nd or 3rd place as always
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:23 am

There are no real replacements for him. Everybody has gone through this for me... with some good points. We can't sell our best striker (and like it or not he is indeed the best). His form suffered in the season because we overplayed him. Hopefully Paloschi will help alleviate that.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:06 am

Send him back to Barca.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:23 am

I guess so. At the beginning of the season he was incredible, he even worked pretty hard for a man of his size. Lets hope we see a strong motivated Ibra for the CL next season.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:59 am

@BM3 - To be fair I'm fairly certain the phrase "leave or be sold" was used in order to cover his general absence rather than make us choose between the two options.

On that note however, for the price of 24 million euros we would be insane not to purchase Ibrahimovic, whether we intended to keep him or not.

Ibrahimovic is rarely injured, a player with fantastic individual technique, the ability to win games on his own and intelligent enough to work on his relationship with Pato on the field.

The reasons why one might tell Zlatan "so long and thanks for all the fish" before sending him on a long hike to Manchester relate to Allegri in my opinion. If Max can't bench Zlatan when necessary then problems shall arise not only in regards to fatigue but also stylistically against different opponents. When elements of the team are low on confidence, panicking due to the scoreline or frustrated by a stagnating game there's only one response: send it long to Ibra. Ibra is put on this pedestal when he's made ever-present by the coach, whose job it is to also ensure that the team is confident to play the ball on the ground and importantly to emphasise movement off the ball from Zlatan for the entire 90 minutes. Cassano is unfortunately the simplest and most effective way to unite these two concerns - unfortunate because for all his talent and vision the man's fitness and mentality next year can only be predicted with the flip of a coin.

I wish to emphasise this point next point especially however in reaction to a few comments here about replacements. If we do sell Zlatan it is sending a message that our forward line is heading in a different direction for Serie A and Europe, akin to our strike force against Inter. A player such as Balotelli or Rossi would be the replacement, someone who adds balance whilst still being a comparable talent to their partners in our front line. Dzeko is a nice thought and I still believe in him, however we would not swap Ibrahimovic for him without a huge financial incentive.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:07 am

Ok so where is the 0% option in the polls? Ibra was by a country mile our best player in the first half of the season. I can only wonder how people can forget that he took us to the top spot on his own shoulder so quickly. He is an absolutely enormous player in this team and it would be ludicrous to let go of someone who not only is amazing in front of goal but is so good at creating and assisting other (something like 21 goals 15 assists total this season).

I think that even know after Ibra was a huge part in our title win and lead our team by example so many times people still don't appreciate what a bargain he was. 24m can barely get you an unproven 20 year old English man (Phil Jones, Henderson). We got an accomplished world class striker.

Cannot believe we are still discussing this.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:41 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:I said 5-10% because that was the lowest option, but in reality the chance of Ibra leaving is less than 1%. I didn't particularly like Ibra as a person when he came, but his impact on our on-field performance has been undeniable.

10 Reasons why Ibrahimovic will not leave:

1. We only just got him. It's rare that clubs (especially Milan), buy and sell after 1 season.

2. He's publicly expressed his desire to play for us for another 3 years.

3. The next season will be Milan's most significant in European competition since '07 and we need a full-strength squad.

4. Allegri uses Ibra as a pivotal part of the team and a focal point for attacking play.

5. The management have said absolutely nothing about him leaving.

6. If we sold him, we'd have to go to the trouble of finding a replacement. Besides, who could possibly pay what we would ask for him. Think about it... Man City is the only club that could pay enough money for us to make a big enough profit off Ibra for us to be able to buy another forward of the same calibre (taking into account the $24 million transfer fee that we would've paid to Barca and approximately $9 mil of wages that we paid to him).

7. There are no replacements for Ibra on the market. OK, so there's Sanchez, Tevez and Rossi, but they all have a drastically different playing style and physical attributes compared to Ibra.

8. He was our top scorer last season and made heaps of assists too. This is almost a good enough reason not to sell him on its own!

9. He's a lucky charm. I'm not superstitious, but 8 consecutive championships is crazy.

10. Conservative theory: He's been good this season. He has no new forwards to work with (bar Paloschi), so why change a winning formula?

You got that right.

Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold? Tumblr_llxbqexDkg1qai48k

Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold? Tumblr_llxbqzCXE81qai48k

Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold? Tumblr_llxbruHLDL1qai48k
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:45 am

btw, great avatar milanista99... now if you could just put Ganso where that silhouette is... Wink
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:43 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

I think that even know after Ibra was a huge part in our title win and lead our team by example so many times people still don't appreciate what a bargain he was. 24m can barely get you an unproven 20 year old English man (Phil Jones, Henderson). We got an accomplished world class striker.

Cannot believe we are still discussing this.

Or must I say... how much was Andy Carroll? Very Happy

Never mind on that one! lol.

Ibrahimovic is our best attacking player... regardless of what happened in the second half of the season. Even when he wasn't scoring, he was still important for build-up play or he was making assists.

BTW, wonderful display he put up against Finland. I saw that on stream... people doubted his fitness. He came off the bench, and scored a hat trick.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:55 am

Jokes aside there is no reason why we should sell him unless Man City comes with a 60 million bid, but even then I would not want to let go of him because who is a better striker than Ibracadabra that is available on the market? He is one of the main reasons why we won the Scudetto, as he was simply outstanding in the 1st half of the season. In the 2nd half of the season, his form dropped a bit because of fatigue. He played in every single game because he was so damn good for us. Hopefully, the arrival of Paloschi can lift some of the burden on his shoulders. And it wasn't like he was bad in the latter stage of the campaign, he contributed a lot to build up play and grabbed some important assists. His stupid back to back red cards is the reason why people were bashing him. His temper and ego might cause trouble in Milanello but Allegri can handle it. He is very important to us as his bullying of defenders will be vital when we defend our Scudetto next season and his moments of magic and physicality can unlock tight defences of the likes of Brescia who comes to play for the draw against big teams. His Champions League form needs to pick up though. If his bicycle kick against Tottenham was allowed, things would have been very different.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:56 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:Should Zlatan Ibrahimovic Leave or Be Sold?

LEAVE
or
BE SOLD

man, zlatan just can't win

Why don't you post more often? Your sarcasm is missed.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:39 am

Giancarlo wrote:Or must I say... how much was Andy Carroll? Very Happy

Never mind on that one! lol.

Ibrahimovic is our best attacking player... regardless of what happened in the second half of the season. Even when he wasn't scoring, he was still important for build-up play or he was making assists.

BTW, wonderful display he put up against Finland. I saw that on stream... people doubted his fitness. He came off the bench, and scored a hat trick.

Torres is another example... Strikers of his class are very, very hard to come by these days and we got one for 24m euro's.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:23 am

good to see lots of support for ibra here, 80% of votes
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:48 am

I don't exactly like Zlatan, but on the pitch he delivers and that's what matters.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:26 am

We would be totally shooting ourselves in the foot if we don't purchase Ibrahimovic, simply on his day he is the best striker on planet earth. He an Pato will click, and it will be an incredibly deadly strike force. He lead our team in goals and assists!!! There is no reason to drop him
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Was a ridiculous thread during the season and still is a ridiculous thread. No hate towards the OP just always thought this was a stupid question.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:32 pm

the only reasons to sell him is if he wants to leave. If he doesn't want to leave we will win another scudetto
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down