Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

+26
RealGunner
Red Alert
BeautifulGame
M99
jback2
Raptorgunner
in10se
AnJl
C.Marchisio #8
Iceman
BarrileteCosmico
Busby Babe
sagnik92
the xcx
Lord Hades
Great Leader Sprucenuce
totaalvoetbal
Sushi Master
Ali
fatman123
TheRedStag
El Chelsea Fuerte
The Madrid One
Lex
Doc
barcaloner90
30 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Is Thierry Henry the best player in England since the start of Premier League?

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Vote_lcap76%Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 76% 
[ 35 ]
Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 11 ]
 
Total Votes : 46
 
 

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by ToEy Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:24 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
ToEy wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
ToEy wrote:Comeon lex, you can disagree that CR7 is better than Henry and its understandable, but it is also not ridiculous for someone to suggest that CR7 is indeed better than Henry...CR7 afterall, isn't Bebe....

IMO, Henry easily would be in top 3, but I will always remember this dude called Le Tissier

Le Tissier is certainly a legend of the Premier League and especially in Southampton but he doesn't belong in this discussion imo.

Well he did not win enough trophies...but his goals ALWAYS amazed me....At least in my mind, he is number 1, then shearer then henry....


Ya he was an amazing player. But, are you a Southampton fan? Wink

Nope, been a Barca fan for more than a decade already....and currently with Enrique (my 1st football idol) in Roma you can call me a closet Roma fan =)

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 325
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:29 pm

ToEy wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
ToEy wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
ToEy wrote:Comeon lex, you can disagree that CR7 is better than Henry and its understandable, but it is also not ridiculous for someone to suggest that CR7 is indeed better than Henry...CR7 afterall, isn't Bebe....

IMO, Henry easily would be in top 3, but I will always remember this dude called Le Tissier

Le Tissier is certainly a legend of the Premier League and especially in Southampton but he doesn't belong in this discussion imo.

Well he did not win enough trophies...but his goals ALWAYS amazed me....At least in my mind, he is number 1, then shearer then henry....


Ya he was an amazing player. But, are you a Southampton fan? Wink

Nope, been a Barca fan for more than a decade already....and currently with Enrique (my 1st football idol) in Roma you can call me a closet Roma fan =)

I think you've just opened the doors to the closet. Embrace the freedom. Razz
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3045
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:51 pm

Lex wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Cannavaro is certainly better player than Henry if u compare there legendary status
According to who, exactly?

And according to who exactly is Henry is better?

For me i would rate Cannavaro sa one of the top 5 defenders i have seen.I wouldnt rate Henry as one of the top 5 attacking players i have seen.So for me Cannavaro is more of a legendary player than Henry.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Lex Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:40 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:And according to who exactly is Henry is better?
Huh?

BeautifulGame wrote:For me i would rate Cannavaro sa one of the top 5 defenders i have seen.I wouldnt rate Henry as one of the top 5 attacking players i have seen
Then you're either incredibly biased, or just insane. Henry was one of the most well rounded strikers in the world during the late late 90s/early 00s
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15097
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Busby Babe Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:44 pm

Idk, I've always thought Bergkamp > Henry.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 4615
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Lex wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:And according to who exactly is Henry is better?
Huh?

BeautifulGame wrote:For me i would rate Cannavaro sa one of the top 5 defenders i have seen.I wouldnt rate Henry as one of the top 5 attacking players i have seen
Then you're either incredibly biased, or just insane. Henry was one of the most well rounded strikers in the world during the late late 90s/early 00s

I didnt say strikers but attacking players.And certainly Henry isnt in the Top 5 for me in terms of attacking players i have seen.

Ronaldinho,Zidane,Kaka,Messi,Ronaldo (Brazil) are all better attacking players than Henry for starters.But i dont think i have seen 5 better defenders than Cannavaro.


Last edited by BeautifulGame on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Lex Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:00 pm

I was always under the stupid belief that strikers were, you know, attacking players
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15097
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:03 pm

Lex wrote:I was always under the stupid belief that strikers were, you know, attacking players

And hence exactly why Henry isnt in the top 5 attacking players i have seen.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Lex Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:05 pm

Go on then, i want to see this list of mythical attacking players who Henry isn't worthy of being mentioned with
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15097
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:09 pm

Lex wrote:Go on then, i want to see this list of mythical attacking players who Henry isn't worthy of being mentioned with

Ronaldinho,Zidane,Kaka,Messi,Ronaldo (Brazil) are all better attacking players than Henry for starters.But i dont think i have seen 5 better defenders than Cannavaro.

For me Henry is behind Ronaldo and Eto as the best striker i have seen.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Lex Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:14 pm

Kaka? Zidane? Midfielders? Even if they weren't......Kaka?? Better than Henry???

I can't continue this conversation. We're now being facetious when we talk about Kaka being better than Henry. Even more so when we talk about Eto'o being ahead of Henry as a striker
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15097
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Lex wrote:Kaka? Zidane? Midfielders? Even if they weren't......Kaka?? Better than Henry???

I can't continue this conversation. We're now being facetious when we talk about Kaka being better than Henry. Even more so when we talk about Eto'o being ahead of Henry as a striker

I said attacking players because u were comparing him with Cannavaro a dfender.Arent attacking midfielders considered attacking players or they changed it suddenly for u.

So just because u like Henry doesnt mean everyone should love Henry.Eto have won 3 CL in 5 years and scored in final of 2 of them and vital in the 3rd one Inter won.For me he is a better striker than Henry.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Lex Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:29 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:I said attacking players because u were comparing him with Cannavaro a dfender
No i never.

BeautifulGame wrote:Arent attacking midfielders considered attacking players or they changed it suddenly for u
Centre backs attack from time to time, can we include them in the comparisons too? While we're at it, Schmeichel scored a few goals in his career, lets toss goalkeepers onto the pile as well

BeautifulGame wrote:Eto have won 3 CL in 5 years and scored in final of 2 of them and vital in the 3rd one Inter won.
Look at that, Henry has a CL to his name too, as well as a World Cup and European Championship
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15097
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:38 pm

Lex wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:I said attacking players because u were comparing him with Cannavaro a dfender
No i never.


So who mentioned Cannavaro's name when comparing Ronaldo and Henry?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:50 pm

lex, hes a liverpool fan, obviously he wont rate henry. Its just like the man utd fans who rate RVN higher then Henry, or NewCastle fans who would rate Shearer higher etc

what he said ofcoarse isnt true but its his opinion so lets move on
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89404
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:lex, hes a liverpool fan, obviously he wont rate henry. Its just like the man utd fans who rate RVN higher then Henry, or NewCastle fans who would rate Shearer higher etc

what he said ofcoarse isnt true but its his opinion so lets move on

If i havent rated Henry i wouldnt have said he is the best PL player ahead of the likes of Giggs,Gerrard etc.Just because i dont consider him one of the greatest or i highly rate E'to doesnt mean i hate or biased against Henry.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:58 pm

yes and like i said, its ur opinion even if it isnt popular
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89404
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:00 pm

If iam being honest Henry was better than Shearer i just said Shearer was better to see how many i could to join me in the Shearer bandwagon Very Happy

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68972
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:15 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:If iam being honest Henry was better than Shearer i just said Shearer was better to see how many i could to join me in the Shearer bandwagon Very Happy

Spoiler:

Shearer has scored the most goals from outside the box then any other player since the start of PL

should make u happy Very Happy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89404
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:35 am

RealGunner wrote:
ynwa wrote:I knew someone who was more clinical. Neutral

Pity I don't like him anymore. </3

torres ?

Yessir. You can flame me all you want, he was up there with Henry when in red. He ruined the goal to game ratio wearing blue and with Roy. silent
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:19 pm

You cannot say that Henry is absolutely better than everyone else, or bergkamp , or zola, or canton, or giggs. There is nothing absolute when opinion is involved, this in snot a matter of math.

Not to mention that defense and goalkeeping is being totally ignored here.

On a more accurate level, Henry is definitely Tier 1 in PL history.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4476
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Spider Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:36 pm

One of the best .

You can't just ignore shearer , Bergkamp , Cantona ....
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1197
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:52 pm

When Henry was at his prime, not many players could be compared to him. Eto is great player but he is no Henry.
Henry scored some goals that were out of this world. World cup, European cup,CL,EPL, La liga champion. Henry won everything there is to be won and was part of the Arsenal Invincible's.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 18057
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by IzzyC08 Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:23 pm

I always preferred Bergkamp and Shearer..
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 1360
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 110

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum