Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

+26
RealGunner
Red Alert
BeautifulGame
M99
jback2
Raptorgunner
in10se
AnJl
C.Marchisio #8
Iceman
BarrileteCosmico
Busby Babe
sagnik92
the xcx
Lord Hades
Great Leader Sprucenuce
totaalvoetbal
Sushi Master
Ali
fatman123
TheRedStag
El Chelsea Fuerte
The Madrid One
Lex
Doc
barcaloner90
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Thierry Henry the best player in England since the start of Premier League?

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap76%Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 76% 
[ 35 ]
Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 11 ]
 
Total Votes : 46
 
 

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Lord Hades Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:06 pm

Iceman wrote:Henry or Bergkamp is the eternal debate really, even for us Arsenal fans. I personally loved Bergkamp's style more and thus loved him as a player more; however, they were both out of this world. I can't believe how lucky we were to have both of them playing for us at the same time.

Like someone mentioned, its between Henry, Bergkamp and Zola. Those three were just brilliant at everything they attempted doing (Minus Henry's horrible Cruyff penalty of course Razz )

RYAN GIGGS, PAUL SCHOLES? ultimately how many epls did henry win.. how many did these two win and their important roles in the team..

Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Busby Babe Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:29 pm

diptiman wrote:
Iceman wrote:Henry or Bergkamp is the eternal debate really, even for us Arsenal fans. I personally loved Bergkamp's style more and thus loved him as a player more; however, they were both out of this world. I can't believe how lucky we were to have both of them playing for us at the same time.

Like someone mentioned, its between Henry, Bergkamp and Zola. Those three were just brilliant at everything they attempted doing (Minus Henry's horrible Cruyff penalty of course Razz )

RYAN GIGGS, PAUL SCHOLES? ultimately how many epls did henry win.. how many did these two win and their important roles in the team..

It's unfair to compare players with team trophies, as in the end it's not one player that can dictate everything his teams does. With your bases of what makes a player better then O'shea> Vermaelen.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 4615
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Lord Hades Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:31 pm

ronaldo__9 wrote:
diptiman wrote:
Iceman wrote:Henry or Bergkamp is the eternal debate really, even for us Arsenal fans. I personally loved Bergkamp's style more and thus loved him as a player more; however, they were both out of this world. I can't believe how lucky we were to have both of them playing for us at the same time.

Like someone mentioned, its between Henry, Bergkamp and Zola. Those three were just brilliant at everything they attempted doing (Minus Henry's horrible Cruyff penalty of course Razz )

RYAN GIGGS, PAUL SCHOLES? ultimately how many epls did henry win.. how many did these two win and their important roles in the team..

It's unfair to compare players with team trophies, as in the end it's not one player that can dictate everything his teams does. With your bases of what makes a player better then O'shea> Vermalen.
still giggs should be mentioned because of his sheer longetivety and scholes too. read important roles for their teams.. these were stars for some very successful mu teams.. and this is for the greatest player of the whole epl era so sheer game time and consistency counts
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by in10se Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Cantona.

The guy won 5 titles in his 6 years in english football...and the year he didn't win a title was due to him missing the last 4 months of the season for that kung fu kick. His class and charisma ignited uniteds dominance.

But Henry is pretty close for me, I can see why many people would hail him as the greatest, both of them were above anyone else in their respective eras imo.

Ronaldo could've staked a strong claim had he stuck around a bit longer.

Giggs, for his longevity and title wins. Zola + bergkamp for just pure technical class and brilliance, Shearer for his goal scoring record and longevity could all be argued for. But cantona closely followed by henry take the biscuit for me.
in10se
in10se
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:49 am

The only player who would put fear in the opposition defense and mangers fans, King,Thierry Henry. There might not be another one like him, sad to say.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 18057
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by jback2 Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:15 am

judging a player on how many trophies he has won is not a good system.. in that case giggs and scholes must be the best footballers on the planet. no, Thierry Henry was just out of this world. A footballing gift from God.

jback2
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 24
Join date : 2011-06-11

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by M99 Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:50 am

Henry in his prime was just unstoppable. What a striker he was, in my opinion he was the best in the Premier League Era.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30386
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:28 am

Probably yes.CR7 would have been better but he didnt stay long enough in the league.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Red Alert Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:30 am

I knew someone who was more clinical. Neutral

Pity I don't like him anymore. </3
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Ali Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:42 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Probably yes.CR7 would have been better but he didnt stay long enough in the league.

why would he have been better?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3918
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:56 pm

ali8775 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Probably yes.CR7 would have been better but he didnt stay long enough in the league.

why would he have been better?

Because when he finishes his career he will be a better player than Henry comfortably if he is not already.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Lex Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:26 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Because when he finishes his career he will be a better player than Henry comfortably if he is not already.
Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Th_tumblr_licapoVme41qajqxf
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15097
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:41 pm

ynwa wrote:I knew someone who was more clinical. Neutral

Pity I don't like him anymore. </3

torres ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89404
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:48 pm

Lex wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Because when he finishes his career he will be a better player than Henry comfortably if he is not already.
Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Th_tumblr_licapoVme41qajqxf

How silly of me saying a former Ballon D'or will be better when his career finishes than someone who has never won it.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Without Bergkamp's influence and success in the Premier League, other stars including Henry may not have came to England.

Bergkamp was one the very first top foreign players to grace the England game. He was a catalyst in the evolution of the league especially in attracting top foreign players.

Bergkamp for me is the greatest player of the premier league era.

TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3045
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Lex Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:53 pm

Michael Owen has a balloon door, is he better than Henry too?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15097
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Lex wrote:Michael Owen has a balloon door, is he better than Henry too?

Owen ruined his career by sitting on the bench at Madrid and being plagued by injuries.He is an exception not a norm.Which else Ballon D'or apart from Owen is not better player than Henry.

Ronaldo along with Messi is the greatest player in this generation.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Lex Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:13 pm

So now we're going to compare Cannavaro to Henry? Or maybe Matthäus? Dennis Bergkamp never won this popularity contest either, is C.Ronaldo better than him too?

BeautifulGame wrote:Ronaldo along with Messi is the greatest player in this generation.

Whatever you say chief. But he's not better than Henry
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15097
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by ToEy Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:24 pm

Comeon lex, you can disagree that CR7 is better than Henry and its understandable, but it is also not ridiculous for someone to suggest that CR7 is indeed better than Henry...CR7 afterall, isn't Bebe....

IMO, Henry easily would be in top 3, but I will always remember this dude called Le Tissier

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 325
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Lex Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:26 pm

I wouldn't be so stubborn if people supplied some reasons WHY they believe C.Ronaldo is better than Henry
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15097
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:27 pm

Lex wrote:So now we're going to compare Cannavaro to Henry? Or maybe Matthäus? Dennis Bergkamp never won this popularity contest either, is C.Ronaldo better than him too?

Cannavaro is certainly better player than Henry if u compare there legendary status.U cant compare their ability because as u know they are different players.
Lex wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Ronaldo along with Messi is the greatest player in this generation.

Whatever you say chief. But he's not better than Henry

Whatever you say u are clearly biased.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:30 pm

ToEy wrote:Comeon lex, you can disagree that CR7 is better than Henry and its understandable, but it is also not ridiculous for someone to suggest that CR7 is indeed better than Henry...CR7 afterall, isn't Bebe....

IMO, Henry easily would be in top 3, but I will always remember this dude called Le Tissier

Le Tissier is certainly a legend of the Premier League and especially in Southampton but he doesn't belong in this discussion imo.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3045
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Lex Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:32 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Cannavaro is certainly better player than Henry if u compare there legendary status
According to who, exactly?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15097
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by ToEy Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:35 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
ToEy wrote:Comeon lex, you can disagree that CR7 is better than Henry and its understandable, but it is also not ridiculous for someone to suggest that CR7 is indeed better than Henry...CR7 afterall, isn't Bebe....

IMO, Henry easily would be in top 3, but I will always remember this dude called Le Tissier

Le Tissier is certainly a legend of the Premier League and especially in Southampton but he doesn't belong in this discussion imo.

Well he did not win enough trophies...but his goals ALWAYS amazed me....At least in my mind, he is number 1, then shearer then henry....

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 325
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:01 pm

ToEy wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
ToEy wrote:Comeon lex, you can disagree that CR7 is better than Henry and its understandable, but it is also not ridiculous for someone to suggest that CR7 is indeed better than Henry...CR7 afterall, isn't Bebe....

IMO, Henry easily would be in top 3, but I will always remember this dude called Le Tissier

Le Tissier is certainly a legend of the Premier League and especially in Southampton but he doesn't belong in this discussion imo.

Well he did not win enough trophies...but his goals ALWAYS amazed me....At least in my mind, he is number 1, then shearer then henry....

Ya he was an amazing player. But, are you a Southampton fan? Wink
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3045
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by ToEy Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:24 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
ToEy wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
ToEy wrote:Comeon lex, you can disagree that CR7 is better than Henry and its understandable, but it is also not ridiculous for someone to suggest that CR7 is indeed better than Henry...CR7 afterall, isn't Bebe....

IMO, Henry easily would be in top 3, but I will always remember this dude called Le Tissier

Le Tissier is certainly a legend of the Premier League and especially in Southampton but he doesn't belong in this discussion imo.

Well he did not win enough trophies...but his goals ALWAYS amazed me....At least in my mind, he is number 1, then shearer then henry....


Ya he was an amazing player. But, are you a Southampton fan? Wink

Nope, been a Barca fan for more than a decade already....and currently with Enrique (my 1st football idol) in Roma you can call me a closet Roma fan =)

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 325
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thierry Henry| Best Player of Premier League Era ?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum