Wondering if goal.com has experienced less hits since they dropped the forum?

+26
adnyana179
The Nature Boy
spanky
RealGunner
SUPERCARTTS
RobbyV
The BoyWonder
Messi
Jamin
punkfusion1992
7amood11
che
OLpower
BarrileteCosmico
zizzle
TPSPriceless
DavidVilla92
Pedram
Ali
TalkingReckless
windkick
VanDeezNuts
S
Gil
Grande_Milano
wigglesworth
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wondering if goal.com has experienced less hits since they dropped the forum? Empty Wondering if goal.com has experienced less hits since they dropped the forum?

Post by wigglesworth Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:09 pm

I haven't been there in two days for example.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Wondering if goal.com has experienced less hits since they dropped the forum? Empty Re: Wondering if goal.com has experienced less hits since they dropped the forum?

Post by Grande_Milano Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:14 pm

I will not go there anymore
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Wondering if goal.com has experienced less hits since they dropped the forum? Empty Re: Wondering if goal.com has experienced less hits since they dropped the forum?

Post by Gil Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:16 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:I will not go there anymore
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:19 pm

still there are a lot of ppl who post comments on goal.com..but i dont think it's viewership will drop down nyway..i loved gola.com 's chatroom though during cl matches and wc matches !!!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:20 pm

theres no doubt that they will lose alot of hits per day. were talking about a large group of people that are constantly and consistently going to goal.com disappearing from the site.

but they will survive

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:24 pm

Well I still go back to read about any football related news, but I dont go back all day like I used to cause the forum is now here. If I could find another site that covered ALL the news from all the leagues including transfer rumors I would stop visiting Goal all together. I always hated the insane amount of ads on that site. Most sites are heavy on covering the EPL and that's it

Last edited by windkick on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:25 pm

goal.com is ranking #19 most viewed in Nigeria in the past three months lol.....

and traffic and page views has gone down

this is according to alexa.com

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/goal.com

and the forums counted for 0.65% of goal.com traffic
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:28 pm

despite what you guys think, Adam Scime from Goal used to be in constant contact with me and told me that their finance isn't as great as you'd expect from a site of their magnitude.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:17 pm

no i don't give a s**t about them them anymore. :coffee:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidVilla92 Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:23 pm

I havent gone back since the Forum closed down, this is my new home with you lovely people.
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.facebook.com/daniemccarthy92

Back to top Go down

Post by TPSPriceless Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Visit it definitely less since I need a different link for the forums. It's still my no. 1 source for gossip and football news though
TPSPriceless
TPSPriceless
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:43 pm

I can gurantee they lost atleast 1000 hits each day since the forum closed down. :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:44 pm

i seriously feel ashamed when i go to goal.com now
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidVilla92 Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:44 pm

Why did the shut down the old forum for?
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.facebook.com/daniemccarthy92

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Alexa.com stats :coffee:

[img]Wondering if goal.com has experienced less hits since they dropped the forum? 110[/img]

This forum has been on for a week Twisted Evil

so yea, we do make a difference
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:52 pm

sciacca wrote:I can gurantee they lost atleast 1000 hits each day since the forum closed down. :coffee:
All of them courtesy of sciacca loll
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:54 pm

I have not been on their website since they close the forum.

Frankly, their news were mostly bad and the only one I was clicking on were the one who were linked with the forum.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:58 pm

i didn't go to the website (excluding article links in forum) since i bookmarked the forum like a year ago xD
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
sciacca wrote:I can gurantee they lost atleast 1000 hits each day since the forum closed down. :coffee:
All of them courtesy of sciacca loll

I visit there like 1000 times a day, well use too. :coffee:

By the way I'm being sarcastic. I just visited a few times a day. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:13 pm

According to alexa.com:

"it also appeals more to low-income, childless men and college graduates under the age of 35 who browse from school and home."
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:41 pm

its worth 6.28 million
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Whats goal.com without the forums :s
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:54 pm

forums.goal.com was only 0.64% of site traffic.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:56 pm

i doubt it makes a big difference.. sure there were like 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 registered users, but out of those max 200 of them were actively posting on the forum

so no i doubt 200 people can make Goal.com hit the Crisis button.

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbyV Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:57 pm

I haven't been to the site since Sunday, when the forum announced forclosure.

I unsubscribed tweets from them too...
RobbyV
RobbyV
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Flamengo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next