How To Become An Effective Dribbler On Fifa?

+8
pUsHa
LeSwagg James
Deathrow898
lszanto
fatman123
KMD
Albiceleste
The Madrid One
12 posters

Go down

How To Become An Effective Dribbler On Fifa? Empty How To Become An Effective Dribbler On Fifa?

Post by The Madrid One Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:42 am

Soo ive been playing the fifa series for too long, and ive seen that my overall game is good, but for fifa 12 its changed enough for me, to want to be able to actually dribble at a good level and re modify my game, so my question is to all you pros...

look at gilvorak Smile

what are your tips on how to be an effective dribbler in the game?

how do your practice, where do you practice, with whom, on what difficulty, and how do you "look" at the controls...

making this a sepeate thread because its direct enough and a FAQ.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

How To Become An Effective Dribbler On Fifa? Empty Re: How To Become An Effective Dribbler On Fifa?

Post by Albiceleste Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:46 am

The Arena is the best place to practice and get comfortable with dribbling, being able to pull off a move by memorizing it is 80% of the work.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

How To Become An Effective Dribbler On Fifa? Empty Re: How To Become An Effective Dribbler On Fifa?

Post by KMD Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:49 am

the only dribbling skill i use is fake shot and change direction Very Happy

can't seem to pull off anything else !
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:51 am

f*ck dirbbling, pass and move ftw
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:03 am

i was thinking practicing in the arena when you press the select button and then go into practice mode, then do it on semi pro, then pro then world class then legendary then online, repeat until becometh master :coffee:
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:08 am

Its different to dribble against the AI and against another person, AI generally just stands off the ball.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:44 am

KMD wrote:the only dribbling skill i use is fake shot and change direction Very Happy

can't seem to pull off anything else !

imo fake shot is the best trick, its so underrated, ive scored so many goals by faking and either hitting a finese shot or crossing it at the far post
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:53 am

You have to slowly integrate tricks into your game one at a time.

First pick something you'd like to pull off(rollette, chop spin etc) and learn the controls. Then whenever you play and you are in the right situation you attempt to pull the trick off, it's mostly about timing imo so that's mainly what you have to focus on.

Also don't learn to do useless things, I can do a fake rabona to rabona chip but it is completly useless for me Neutral
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:19 am

can anyone here do the chest flick?
that trick has been in the game for so long and yet its the only skill i cant do Sad
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathrow898 Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:20 am

that trick has been in the game for so long and yet its the only skill i cant do

Its easy if all you have to do is send any player a long pass and press x before they recieve the ball.

@OP its pretty easy to dribble once you figure it out Its mostly about changing directions at the right moment

What I usually do is try to read which way my opponent is trying to block get the ball and I change direction with the play by simply flicking the left stick works with any player. After you have mastered changing directions and getting passed your opponent I would start to use tricks to become even better.

Its all about being unpredictable when you have the ball....When I started out I would change direction really fast with good players back and fourth so my opponent does not know what im going to do with the ball.
Deathrow898
Deathrow898
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deathrow999?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:51 am

Deathrow898 wrote:
that trick has been in the game for so long and yet its the only skill i cant do

Its easy if all you have to do is send any player a long pass and press x before they recieve the ball.
sorry, i was refering to the chest flick at 2.30, its a juggling trick
damn this vid is old school!

OP IMO the only skills you need are the fake shot and the knock on (flick LS in any direction)
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathrow898 Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:54 am

LOL had no clue you could do that Ill try it when i get on fifa later
Deathrow898
Deathrow898
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deathrow999?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:01 am

fatman123 wrote:
Deathrow898 wrote:

sorry, i was refering to the chest flick at 2.30, its a juggling trick
damn this vid is old school!

OP IMO the only skills you need are the fake shot and the knock on (flick LS in any direction)

Yeah I remember that, its pretty much what the video says but when I used to do it I wouldn't just flick the left stick forward and HOLD down L3.. Right after I flick the left stick up I would simultaneously press down L3 and R3 rapidly.. Used to work

You can do it by holding down L3 also though, just did it on FIFA 12
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Mate all you need is the fake shot the right stick pulling without LT ... and a brain to change direction by fooling your opponent Very Happy
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:42 pm

inside the box:
- fake shot

outside the box:
beating wingers - roulette
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:19 pm

I just toggle the trick stick randomly sometimes when someone who can perform skills is on the ball.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:09 am

get someone who continually runs at you to play you and try as much crap as possible.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:32 am

Some great tips have already been listed on here, but I will do my best to help.

First and foremost, you need to learn all the tricks, or at least all the ones you want to use. It's best to pick one or two tricks and learn how they work, try to analyze them and see what direction they leave you dribbling.

Certain tricks like the fan are all about the exit move, you fan to the right and make your exit move to the left. These moves are used to freeze and or trick your opponent.

Other moves like the roulette will leave you having less control, so you will want to pull them off only when you see an opening.

It's really all about learning how and when to use tricks, I often use tricks to create passes or to create more time so my players can make runs.

I actually find that using skill against the computer is easier this year, you find yourself having more time because of that tackle button. So far while playing online I have managed to use quite a bit of skill. I still utilize the pass and move, but having the ability to beat your defender will come in handy when you have no support.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:35 am

Fifa is 99% about passing...tricks are pointless don't waste your time
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:32 am

bhends wrote:Fifa is 99% about passing...tricks are pointless don't waste your time
if you have a perfect combination then they will prove only better, look at all the pros on youtube, some of the best dribblers in the buisness.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down