Turok_TTZ
urbaNRoots
the xcx
Lex
EarlyPrototype
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Real Madrid enter race for G. Cahill  - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid enter race for G. Cahill

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:21 am

Cahill :bow:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid enter race for G. Cahill  - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid enter race for G. Cahill

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:30 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Been saying it for months, Lescott is better than Cahill that is how overrated Cahill is......

I would'nt even take him at Newcastle and he's being linked with R.Madrid?

Laughing
RealGunner wrote:He is so over rated it's unbelievable. I'm glad wenger offered 6m for him and nothing more then 12
Sushi Master wrote:Poor man's Faubert.

Vagiception

Real Madrid enter race for G. Cahill  - Page 2 YuCC1uw
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:43 am

Not really lol.

I still wouldn't take him and i have seen nothing to suggest he's better than Lescott.

We don't have Jose Mourinho and John Terry and neither does Lescott.

He's been good this season but your delusional if you think his level wouldn't majorly drop without Mou and Terry.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:46 am

what did i miss? Cahill was good vs resurgent drogba and selcuk inan?

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:48 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:what did i miss? Cahill was good vs resurgent torres and selcuk inan?

Huh?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:50 am

RM defenders aren't necessary the pinnacle of Maldinism so I'm not sure saying "better than any Madrid defender" is a compliment. Though I must ask...what's so special about Cahill? He's a normal, solid defender to me.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:52 am

The level of reaching now that you have eggs on your faces Laughing

Don't worry, I had to eat my words too.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:00 pm

Gil wrote:
Rossoneri Ninja wrote:

Cahill is a WC player any team in the world would be lucky to have him, he'd walk into any top Serie A team no questions asked.

:bow:

From scrub to being better than any defender Madrid have. Who would have thunk it?

Goddam Gil, butchering the language level: Professional.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:12 pm

Cahill has been great for Chelsea pretty much ever since he joined. Consistent, solid and rarely has brain farts. I rate him highly.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:21 pm

Seems to have an eye for scoring goals too. I think the hate he got early on was down to the wage demands he was making back then.

He's really settled in and looks assured.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:26 pm

Chelsea have perhaps the most fearsome aerial threat trio in the world from set-pieces when they can bring up Ivanovic, Cahill and Terry.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Art and yet we are leading all of Europe in goals scored from set pieces. hmm
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:29 pm

^ them Gerrard set piece deliveries Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:43 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:The level of reaching now that you have eggs on your faces Laughing

Wat.

I'm not reaching at all.

You are underestimating how much easier it is for a defend to perform under Mourinho.

He has his 4 defenders as close to each other as possible, his 2 midfielders very close to the back 4 and the front 4 interchanging.

No matter what happens he will always have 6 outfield players in defensive positions.

I have seen nothing this season about Cahill that i didn't already know and btw Lescott had the same luxury under Mancini in their title winning season and surprise surprise he actually looked a quality CB.

Fact of the matter is you can brag all you want but there's nothing with what i said.... he hasn't done anything this season which Lescott didn't do under Moyes at Everton and in the title winning season under Mancini.

Last but not least we have Alan f*cking Pardew as coach, no matter how good or bad Cahill is he would made to look 10x worse than he actually is.... so again i don't see the reason to want good players when it will just frustrate me that we are run by a buffoon.

So again please to explain to me what's so funny about what i said as i really fail to understand how its so funny.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:48 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:The level of reaching now that you have eggs on your faces Laughing

Wat.

I'm not reaching at all.

You are underestimating how much easier it is for a defend to perform under Mourinho.

He has his 4 defenders as close to each other as possible, his 2 midfielders very close to the back 4 and the front 4 interchanging.

No matter what happens he will always have 6 outfield players in defensive positions.

I have seen nothing this season about Cahill that i didn't already know and btw Lescott had the same luxury under Mancini in their title winning season and surprise surprise he actually looked a quality CB.

Fact of the matter is you can brag all you want but there's nothing with what i said.... he hasn't done anything this season which Lescott didn't do under Moyes at Everton and in the title winning season under Mancini.

Last but not least we have Alan f*cking Pardew as coach, no matter how good or bad Cahill is he would made to look 10x worse than he actually is.... so again i don't see the reason to want good players when it will just frustrate me that we are run by a buffoon.

So again please to explain to me what's so funny about what i said as i really fail to understand how its so funny.

Any defender can look good under Mou? Is that why Luiz STILL looks like a headless chicken? Or why Pepe looked like a purposeless wrecking ball? Come on now. The system makes it easier but its not like Demichelis will suddenly look like Maldini playing under Mou.

If you've actually watched Cahill very well this season, his defensive awareness is so much better, his positioning has improved a lot too. Even JT hasn't looked as good paired with another CB this season.

Hold on...ignoring everything else....you would legitimately pick Lescott over Cahill? Is that a joke or you actually mean that with good reason?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:55 pm

I don't mean this season of course because Lescott has been utter f*cking garbage.

But i said that like two years ago and considering the fact i'm talking about THAT Lescott i don't believe this Cahill is better than that Lescott.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:40 pm

Okay, that makes more sense. I can see why you'd make an argument for THAT Lescott. I don't think I watched more than 3 or 4 games where he played(and I didn't even pay attention to him) that season so I'm not in a good enough position to argue with you on that.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:16 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Wat.

I'm not reaching at all.

Mourinho teaching his players the technique of astral projection so they can always be in defense and offense as well :bow:

Great Reacher Sprucenuce Proud Cahill to heir to Cannavaro by winning Balon d'Or after taking the World Cup with England Proud
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Been saying it for months, Lescott is better than Cahill that is how overrated Cahill is......

Laughing
RealGunner wrote:He is so over rated it's unbelievable. I'm glad wenger offered 6m for him and nothing more than 12

Vagiception

He was never worth 22m which Bolton asked for. We have two CB who are better than him and my point still stands that I am glad we didn't get him as it would have meant no Koscielny. He is a good defender and that's where it ends. No need to alter reality by making him a top 10 CB.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:25 pm

inb4cahillisbetterthanmertescielny
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:39 pm

All dat hate makes Cahill strong Proud

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:18 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

Laughing
RealGunner wrote:He is so over rated it's unbelievable. I'm glad wenger offered 6m for him and nothing more than 12

Vagiception

He was never worth 22m which Bolton asked for. We have two CB who are better than him and my point still stands that I am glad we didn't get him as it would have meant no Koscielny. He is a good defender and that's where it ends. No need to alter reality by making him a top 10 CB.
We paid 7m Laughing

Not like Kos is a top 10 CB either anyway.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:31 pm

Koscielny would just about squeeze into the top 10 imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:50 pm

Silva, Chiellini, Hummels, Barzagli, Terry, Kompany, Ramos, Mertesacker, Subotic, Godin are all better. I'd take Dante over him too.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:57 pm

Half of them are definitely better, the others could be argued, especially for this season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:10 pm

Barrett mad that Chelsea overpaid for Cahill by 6 million
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next