The logic behind Del Piero's Subsitution... Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The logic behind Del Piero's Subsitution...

+6
Tomwin Lannister
The Nature Boy
pasquale22
Luca
DeviAngel
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The logic behind Del Piero's Subsitution... Empty The logic behind Del Piero's Subsitution...

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:06 pm

Now before all of you go and say I'm being negetive. That is not the point of this thread.

This is a concern I find that I just don't understand with. That being Del Piero used twice in a row as a Prima punta... coming off the bench. Both with Bologna and Catania, and has failed to produce which is completely normal. Now here's my problem, yes Quagliarella played today. But he was suppost to start never did, didn't even come on for Matri. A few moments later Del Piero missed a glory chance from Krasic's cross.

So please, all I'm looking for is a simple explanation, tactically and physcially. What is the logic in putting Del Piero as a prima punta.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

The logic behind Del Piero's Subsitution... Empty Re: The logic behind Del Piero's Subsitution...

Post by DeviAngel Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Del Piero was never meant to play as prima punta this game it was meant to do what Gomez did to us ..... to play as SS/CF ( quagli type) and with his tech to throw out of position or expose the big tall and physical CB's that Catania have ... I would have played Toni tbh he would have scored from all crosses that Matri failed ...

and CONTE pls do play Quagliarella !!
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The logic behind Del Piero's Subsitution... Empty Re: The logic behind Del Piero's Subsitution...

Post by Luca Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:09 pm

I asked myself the same question.
It should have been Quagliarella earlier.

As we saw, when Alex was on Krasic played in a good cross to him and he skied the header, no good.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:11 pm

I don't understand either. When ale came on I thought it was going to be a double substitution with quag on as well. Which is what it shouldve been. conte made some errors today, Elia shouldnt have started and the formation was wrong.

However I'm happy with Elia, he got better and seems very nervous. Hel get better
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:14 pm

good call on this one Tony.

I think the Obv choice was quagliarella, but hey... give conte credit for trying something unorthodox.

I have to say, while I have been impressed with Juve, and largely with conte this season, it is still quite evident that Conte is still learning what to do, and when to do it, with the team/players we have
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:20 pm

If you want to have a lone striker then Toni is the best choice. Holds the ball up like a beast, was a beast in pre-season, heads the ball so well and is strong in the box.

What concerns me is Conte would rather play Del Piero out of position than use Quags.
More Quags is what we need. I hope to see him play a substantial ammount of time against AC milan.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:25 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Del Piero was never meant to play as prima punta this game it was meant to do what Gomez did to us ..... to play as SS/CF ( quagli type) and with his tech to throw out of position or expose the big tall and physical CB's that Catania have ... I would have played Toni tbh he would have scored from all crosses that Matri failed ...

and CONTE pls do play Quagliarella !!

He was meant to play it. Del Piero was always looking for open space just like Matri was. He was always in the box, just like a Prima Punta. It dosen't matter though Devi, even if he did want to play SS/CF, he didn't do anything as an SS and as a CF just fails as he's not tall enough. He had Quag, Quag should of played...

Matri had only one sucessful cross at him, the other were either far, high and no where to be found. By the way, you can also add the three players covering for Matri lol... the guy was blocked in.

Luca wrote:I asked myself the same question.
It should have been Quagliarella earlier.

As we saw, when Alex was on Krasic played in a good cross to him and he skied the header, no good.

Agreed, Quag should of played, but with Matri together. As mentioned before, Matri as a lone striker, won't work out. Same will imply with Quag. The only players fit for that is Iaquinta and Toni. Add Vucinic who can perform as well in the prima punta role.

Yes, then Conte realized why a taller player for the Prima Punta role was needed.

pasquale22 wrote:I don't understand either. When ale came on I thought it was going to be a double substitution with quag on as well. Which is what it shouldve been. conte made some errors today, Elia shouldnt have started and the formation was wrong.

However I'm happy with Elia, he got better and seems very nervous. Hel get better

Same here, in which why I'm questioining his descion. Quag should of came instead of Del Piero.

I'm also happy with Elia, he did work hard.

king_alex10 wrote:good call on this one Tony.

I think the Obv choice was quagliarella, but hey... give conte credit for trying something unorthodox.

I have to say, while I have been impressed with Juve, and largely with conte this season, it is still quite evident that Conte is still learning what to do, and when to do it, with the team/players we have

Thanks.

I think what's obvious is that Conte does not have faith in Quag to much. Even when scoring 5 goals yesterday at Vinovo... Conte is doing well with the mental aspect, my concerns are with his descion making, from a fans perspective.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:27 pm

TomJuve wrote:If you want to have a lone striker then Toni is the best choice. Holds the ball up like a beast, was a beast in pre-season, heads the ball so well and is strong in the box.

What concerns me is Conte would rather play Del Piero out of position than use Quags.
More Quags is what we need. I hope to see him play a substantial ammount of time against AC milan.

Yes, I completely agree use Toni or Iaquinta.

Once again spot on, Conte and Quags relationship. I remember during the summer Quag said... "We don't need Aguero, You got me". Something like that, well Conte sure dosen't see that.

Just odd... Del Piero over Quag... for the Prima Punta role... hmm... hmm
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:32 pm

It is odd. Maybe, and I hope it's this, Quags is not fully ready to be playing in games and Conte is just saving him for now. I imagine if Quags is fit and not being used then we'll hear him speak up soon enough.

I mean, Vucinic banned and Quags still couldn't get a proper chance to play.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:32 pm

We need tony in this kind of games
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:37 pm

TomJuve wrote:It is odd. Maybe, and I hope it's this, Quags is not fully ready to be playing in games and Conte is just saving him for now. I imagine if Quags is fit and not being used then we'll hear him speak up soon enough.

I mean, Vucinic banned and Quags still couldn't get a proper chance to play.

Point on, Vucinic banned and Quags dosen't even start, even when it was reported he was. I just don't get it at all. Matri and Quag would make a great partnership... at least give a try... But oh well.

It's either...

Conte has no faith in Quag or Quag is not fit yet...

DeviAngel wrote:We need tony in this kind of games

Plain and simple, but Iaquinta wouldn't be too bad eh? When Iaquinta's in form... Who knows how deadly he can be as the lone striker. I remember his game last year with Man City, uff... Great display. Toni as well, against Napoli he showed why last season, yes we lost bad and he didnt score... but he was the best player out there, or even against Genoa lol.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:34 pm

DeviAngel wrote:We need tony in this kind of games

Haha, I actually agree with you on this one. The perfect substitution for this game would have been Toni for Matri. With Krasic in form Toni would of had some good chances for sure. Any most likely Toni would have scored on that header that ADP missed. That would have won us the game...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:59 pm

or feel free to kill me .... we need Amauri in this kind of games ...he is killer with his head lol Very Happy :bow:
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:06 pm

DeviAngel wrote:or feel free to kill me .... we need Amauri in this kind of games ...he is killer with his head lol Very Happy :bow:

I'll let you live, he would have done a better job.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:16 pm

DeviAngel wrote:or feel free to kill me .... we need Amauri in this kind of games ...he is killer with his head lol Very Happy :bow:

No... wait.

HELL NO !
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:23 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:

No... wait.

HELL NO !

The logic behind Del Piero's Subsitution... 201109251828286204
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Because... we all know why Very Happy
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by redstar Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:44 pm

DeviAngel wrote:

No... wait.

HELL NO !

Who is he ? Twisted Evil
redstar
redstar
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:46 pm

There was no logic. To me, it was bad enough that we went with one striker today. Then, to take our only CF off in favor of a SS only made it worse.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:47 pm

redstar wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

No... wait.

HELL NO !

Who is he ? Twisted Evil

u to no love amauri ? Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:56 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
redstar wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

No... wait.

HELL NO !

Who is he ? Twisted Evil

u to no love amauri ? Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Relax bro, everybody loves Amauri. Some just chose to hide their love.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:01 pm

TomJuve wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
redstar wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

No... wait.

HELL NO !

Who is he ? Twisted Evil

Relax bro, everybody loves Amauri. Some just chose to hide their love.

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:27 pm

I remember I once criticized Conte's choice of players and sometimes tactics in a thread once and got flamed for it,

today we should never have used Vidal as a SS, Quags would have been better.........

I hope our strike force is Quags-Matri,

Vucinic in the game before did nothing apart from the goal and the card he got,

he doesn't deserve a start over Quags, and please

give Estigaribbia a chance ffs,

lol @! Pepe, once Elia and Esti get in the scheme of things, he and Giachh will be wiping tables in the stadium restaurant, not to take anything away from him though, he did well today...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:35 pm

Tony's cousin Sabatino is coming to your house as we speak, gun loaded... smoking
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:38 pm

elmystique wrote:I remember I once criticized Conte's choice of players and sometimes tactics in a thread once and got flamed for it,

today we should never have used Vidal as a SS, Quags would have been better.........

I hope our strike force is Quags-Matri,

Vucinic in the game before did nothing apart from the goal and the card he got,

he doesn't deserve a start over Quags, and please

give Estigaribbia a chance ffs,

lol @! Pepe, once Elia and Esti get in the scheme of things, he and Giachh will be wiping tables in the stadium restaurant, not to take anything away from him though, he did well today...

Apparently there is no more room in the restaurant, as Toni, Amauri, Iaquinta, Bonucci and Motta have already taken all of the available spots...

:coffee:
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next