Lionel's biggest mistake...

+21
Babun
billionmillion
Nishankly
the xcx
Rebaño Sagrado
Grande_Milano
Kev
The Madrid One
harhar11
Magricos
Messi
JAY-Z
Albiceleste
jibers
BarcaKizz
Adit
Lord Spencer
EarlyPrototype
guest7
lenear1030
xabi
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by xabi Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Is it choosing Argentina infront of Spain?

His ultimate goal is clearly to become the best. His personal critics is very much dependent on National team. At Spain not only he would avoid the handicap of 0 goals in 17 games. but he would also be playing in an arguably better team compared to Argentina.

Spain was far more competitive in Europe as well in recent years,and imagine them having Messi in attack rather than old Torres and then yet unpolished diamond Navas.Not to mention last world cup finals where messi could have been a crucial figure.Del Bosque didn't trust Silva enough to keep discipline so he started Torres,who missed most of last season through injury and was barely even noticed on the field. Iniesta started on the left and Xavi in the center...messi could have given Del Bosque far more options.He could have even started in attack alongside Villa instead of Torres,but I shouldn't go into butterfly effect now.

Anyhow,winning with Spain would certainly bring him more points in eyes of the viewers and governing bodies over the individual awards. Even in the same scenario where Spain won the WC final ...He's still young and physically superior not only to Torres but to any other player IMO,which means he'll probably last longer despite being older.I feel Argentina will be far more competitive from now on,but it doesn't cancel out the fact he missed out on a lot in these years he spent at Argentina rather than Spain.

Cristiano-Messi debates and league wars would be closed
now.. the national team is ruining everything Lionel's biggest mistake... 2859867778
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by lenear1030 Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:01 pm

slick.


*Gets popcorn*
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2881
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by guest7 Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:02 pm

LMAO PWNED

kudos xabi Laughing
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8276
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:03 pm

That is actually a good post. lol
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:04 pm

Irrelevant. Messi choose to play with Argentina in an era where Spain where not as good.

Also, some might say that national pride was deciding factor.

Regardless, not Messi or anyone realized the coming success of Spain. Also remember that the Argentina team of 2006 was a very strong team. Messi could not have realized that after Beakermann only mediocre coaches will coach Argentina.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4492
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by Adit Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:06 pm

When messi choose argentina over spain ,argies were far better as a team and looked like they could win a international trophy in future.

But who saw things coming this way?

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9557
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:08 pm

Xabi was countering this:

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t8996-cristiano-s-biggest-mistake?highlight=cristiano

Same could be said about Ronaldo, who knew Barca would be this dominant. Rolling Eyes
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Do you have any concept of national identity? This would be disgraceful if he made that decision based on what you say. You should play for your country based on feeling, nothing more. I have no sympathy for those that choose otherwise.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:12 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Xabi was countering this:

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t8996-cristiano-s-biggest-mistake?highlight=cristiano

Same could be said about Ronaldo, who knew Barca would be this dominant. Rolling Eyes

Any person with football knowledge and a tactical nuance. It was so obvious the way Barca continued to improve. Plus, the fate of the Galacticos version 1 was another thing that made this whole scenario predictable.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4492
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Xabi was countering this:

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t8996-cristiano-s-biggest-mistake?highlight=cristiano

Same could be said about Ronaldo, who knew Barca would be this dominant. Rolling Eyes

Any person with football knowledge and a tactical nuance. It was so obvious the way Barca continued to improve. Plus, the fate of the Galacticos version 1 was another thing that made this whole scenario predictable.

Not true, when Real Madrid bought Alonso, Kaka, Ronaldo and Benz I am pretty sure even you thought to yourself that oh well maybe Real might actually beat Barca to the silverware.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by jibers Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:21 pm

This is actually quite funny.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10241
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by Adit Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:25 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Xabi was countering this:

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t8996-cristiano-s-biggest-mistake?highlight=cristiano

Same could be said about Ronaldo, who knew Barca would be this dominant. Rolling Eyes
Barca were already best team in the world by far when ronnie chose madrid,but lets just not drag him here okay.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9557
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:26 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Xabi was countering this:

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t8996-cristiano-s-biggest-mistake?highlight=cristiano

Same could be said about Ronaldo, who knew Barca would be this dominant. Rolling Eyes

Any person with football knowledge and a tactical nuance. It was so obvious the way Barca continued to improve. Plus, the fate of the Galacticos version 1 was another thing that made this whole scenario predictable.

Not true, when Real Madrid bought Alonso, Kaka, Ronaldo and Benz I am pretty sure even you thought to yourself that oh well maybe Real might actually beat Barca to the silverware.

Not really, I expected Barca to dominate based on their Spain performance and Messi development rate. I knew that if Madrid buys all of the star players in the universe, it would take them at least a year to click off. When Pelligrini was hired, I knew he was going ot get fired because Perez will have no patience. Hence, there will have to be another year.

All the while, Barca's performance was only getting better, and they are already a jelled team. One deciding factor in their La Liga dominance is their football style, which basically batters smaller opposition into submission.

As a Milan fan, I knew Kaka was injury prone and would take a long time to gel. Benz was always going to be nervous with that price tag, RM is his first big club. The fact that RM did not shore well in defense was also a tell on their lack of prospects. They had no WC full backs at the time (Marcelo was not WC, ans Sergio Ramos is a better CB), and full backs are very important to a team's success (see R. Carlos).

It was obvious that the Madrid project would need more time, while the Barca project is getting better.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4492
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:45 pm

Barca were still favourites yeh, Real Madrid were gonna need time to gel as well, but there dominance was greater than I expected it to be.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by Albiceleste Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Even if he did pick the Spain NT people would say that he was just carried to the WC and that he would need to lead a sh*t team to win it lol

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by JAY-Z Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:06 pm

I saw this coming Very Happy
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 1903
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by Messi Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:16 pm

Messi is too loyal, unlike thiago and most of frances team.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 412
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by Magricos Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:34 pm

:bow: banana :lol!:

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 1910
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by Magricos Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Actually Argentina weren't that much better. Spain had a good team leading into the 06 WC. Fab and Torres just came along plus the played attractive football in 06.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 1910
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by harhar11 Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:38 pm

I don't think that it was a mistake, maybe if you think that he is a mercenary and all he cares about is winning. But he is obviously proud of being a argentine..

Messi wrote:Messi is too loyal, unlike thiago and most of frances team.

Thiago is loyal, loyal to spain that is. He was raised in spain after all, so it doesn't suprise me that he feels spanish..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3646
Join date : 2011-06-11

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by Magricos Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:43 pm

How is Thiago not loyal ?

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 1910
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by The Madrid One Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:07 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Xabi was countering this:

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t8996-cristiano-s-biggest-mistake?highlight=cristiano

Same could be said about Ronaldo, who knew Barca would be this dominant. Rolling Eyes

Any person with football knowledge and a tactical nuance. It was so obvious the way Barca continued to improve. Plus, the fate of the Galacticos version 1 was another thing that made this whole scenario predictable.

Not true, when Real Madrid bought Alonso, Kaka, Ronaldo and Benz I am pretty sure even you thought to yourself that oh well maybe Real might actually beat Barca to the silverware.

Not really, I expected Barca to dominate based on their Spain performance and Messi development rate. I knew that if Madrid buys all of the star players in the universe, it would take them at least a year to click off. When Pelligrini was hired, I knew he was going ot get fired because Perez will have no patience. Hence, there will have to be another year.

All the while, Barca's performance was only getting better, and they are already a jelled team. One deciding factor in their La Liga dominance is their football style, which basically batters smaller opposition into submission.

As a Milan fan, I knew Kaka was injury prone and would take a long time to gel. Benz was always going to be nervous with that price tag, RM is his first big club. The fact that RM did not shore well in defense was also a tell on their lack of prospects. They had no WC full backs at the time (Marcelo was not WC, ans Sergio Ramos is a better CB), and full backs are very important to a team's success (see R. Carlos).

It was obvious that the Madrid project would need more time, while the Barca project is getting better.
dont break your brains trying to make sense of things that YOU wont find.

this post is hilarious and is humor and trolling at a nice level.

let it be.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4837
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by Kev Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Xabi, if I ever go to court, will you be my attorney?

This thread is mint Smile
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 562
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by Albiceleste Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Btw xabi you don't have your numbers correct anyway :facepalm: Messi scored the game before the Copa America which was like 5 games ago :facepalm:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by Magricos Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:Btw xabi you don't have your numbers correct anyway :facepalm: Messi scored the game before the Copa America which was like 5 games ago :facepalm:

Does he have say 0 in the last 17 competitive matches then ? Afro

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 1910
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum