Team anaylsis

5 posters

Go down

Team anaylsis Empty Team anaylsis

Post by Charrua Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:00 am

Adam while having great vision and shooting cracks under pressure. Imo he shouldnt be played away. Spearo should be played next to lucas away or Hendrson should have a go at cm. Suarez is off form with his finishing. So he shouldnt be th elone striker. especially since suarez is all over the pitch leaving a lot fo the time no one to make the dummy runs and be a target as he often is. Maxi needs more game time, Henderson is not ready. Carrol is not ready either. Skretl should never again play rb. Stick flannagan there again but not skrtel. Against wolves id play this formation

__________Reina
Kelly/Johnson___Carragher__Skrtel___Enrique
Maxi_______Lucas__Spearing______Downing
____________Suarez
____________Kuyt

Or alternately
Kelly/Johnson___Carragher__skrtel___enrique
____Hendrson__Lucas__Spearing
Suarez/Bellamy__Kuyt/suarez____Downing

Id much rather the first choice.
Charrua
Charrua
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Team anaylsis Empty Re: Team anaylsis

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:11 am

Our deepest problem comes from our relatively deep defensive line due to Carra's lack of pace.

That makes our strikers isolated (something that totally destroys Carroll)..Suarez is not converting his 1 vs 1s, we are not clinical, Spearing should play away from home, Adam at home when we have more space, Gerrard should add that cutting edge we've been lacking so far. Downing, very solid but unlucky.

Overall, we've been very unlucky so far, but that deep defensive line is holding us back as a team IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charrua Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:15 am

Sepi wrote:Our deepest problem comes from our relatively deep defensive line due to Carra's lack of pace.

That makes our strikers isolated (something that totally destroys Carroll)..Suarez is not converting his 1 vs 1s, we are not clinical, Spearing should play away from home, Adam at home when we have more space, Gerrard should add that cutting edge we've been lacking so far. Downing, very solid but unlucky.

Overall, we've been very unlucky so far, but that deep defensive line is holding us back as a team IMO.
I agree with this whole post. The thing is there are no pacy defenders in the squad. You could stick Kelly and agger in the middle. With enrique and johnson on the side. Agger is injured and kelly has been preforming so well at rb(bar last game). Coates has great postioning and he pacy for his height but thats not saying much.
Charrua
Charrua
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:43 am

I'd like to see Spearing start some games as well, in hindsight he looks a better fit than Adam against Tottenham away, for example.

As much as I like Kuyt, I'd start Carroll for the Wolves game.

Henderson - Lucas - Adam - Downing
Suarez
Carroll

Being able to bring Kuyt and Bellamy (and Gerrard?) on from the bench should make sure we've got no shortage of attacking options here.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:01 am

I think our main problem is finishing and I think Kuyt is a better finisher ATM.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:32 am

Well all of us have put in stuff that if added up does make up the perfect list of trouble we have . .

I agree with Sepi on the fact that in some our defense is struggling a lot . . & that naturally does effect our overall game. .Carra can in no way be a first choice anymore & to be fair to the team i would have to say the first choice pairing in CB is yet to be realised. . by that i mean Agger-Skrtel! Coates is struggling a bit but that is very understandable considering he is coming from a totally different league & really needs time to settle in but has shown some glimpse of the potential that he has . . . & I have to say it ain't bad at all! !

Injuries to our RBs have effected our game a big deal . . one very clear example for us to remember for some time is the game against Tottenham. However, Kelly is back & hopefully that would solve the problem! Smile

Now a position that i feel has improved the most & undoubtedly our best performing new signing * * Jose Enrique * * . . . this has been one area where we have little space for improvement & Enrique has done a very very commendable job! ! With Aurelio regaining fitness (most likely for another week Razz ) we do have some back up there. .

One position that has remained almost unchanged or maybe better is the one of Lucas. . the guy gets better everyday! Solid & Dependable! With Spearing getting the hang of things better CDM is not a position we need to worry much!

Now the wings Downing has made a significant impact although not up to his best performances we have seen & understood what he is capable off! ! Hendo on the other hand i feel has not had the desire impact on the right side of the field & that i feel might be a let down for us! But with Maxi & Kuyt competing for positions things can only get better! !

Adam has been disappointing but with the imminent return of the Captain he might get less chances to start . .things can only improve here!

Now the problem is to some extent on the striking areas . . Suarez seems a little out of gas & form. . Carroll hasn't got back his Newcastle fire Sad . . . Bellamy scratch well can't really comment now but him pairing up with Suarez in the game against Brighton was delightful . .

Two areas i feel would be problematic one CARRA FACTOR! & another is that Suarez ain't in his best form . . or that our players have not been clinical in finishing . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:00 pm

i also think there might be an effect on the side of the front office, namely that the ownership might be pushing kenny to start and play the new signings more than is needed... i think the questions over the summer about the worth of the new signings makes that emphasized even more. i'm worried that there might not actually be "competition" for the starting 11 yet, in that adam and hendo might have to start as handed down from the top. if that's true, that would be very negative for our team, as i think competition (spearing vs. adam, maxi vs. kuyt vs. hendo) would be best for our team, and i would be very happy to see maxi get some starts out on the wing to work with downing/bellamy/suarez etc. hopefully i'm wrong, but knowing the u.s. attitude towards sports, it's entirely possible.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down