jibers
The Messiah
eelir
free_cat
EarlyPrototype
47 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Thoughts on Coentrao? - Page 5 Empty Re: Thoughts on Coentrao?

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
babun1024 wrote:Coentrao is ok, so far he played outside of his favourite position most of the time Very Happy Let him settle in first Very Happy You're spoiled by Ozil and Di Maria after a year. Usually, people take almost a year to find their place in the team (or more=Benz) Very Happy

Spot on Babun.
I mean his ball control is top notch, he isn't stupid,is fast and makes good runs. Steals are also no problem for him Very Happy

I could go on about his abilities.

One thing I know is that Mou likes these Raw talented players with a bevy of potential as I see him playing an integral role to his development and in given time he will make him into Portugal's rock solid LB and my prediction is even for Real.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
babun1024 wrote:Coentrao is ok, so far he played outside of his favourite position most of the time Very Happy Let him settle in first Very Happy You're spoiled by Ozil and Di Maria after a year. Usually, people take almost a year to find their place in the team (or more=Benz) Very Happy

Spot on Babun.
I mean his ball control is top notch, he isn't stupid,is fast and makes good runs. Steals are also no problem for him Very Happy

I could go on about his abilities.

One thing I know is that Mou likes these Raw talented players with a bevy of potential as I see him playing an integral role to his development and in given time he will make him into Portugal's rock solid LB and my prediction is even for Real.
I have other plans for him Very Happy
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t8264-balance-and-width-problems#231557
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:23 pm

I dunno about my fellow Madrid fans but I didn't like Coentrao at RM, we had Marcelo, we should've gone for a defensive minded LB.

It's like Real Madrid buying Neuer and playing him as a CB. scratch

Also I hate "Dive Like There Is No Tomorrow" Maria
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:20 am

time is needed time
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:26 am

He doesn't need time, he needs a place. DM? Mourinho going all English manager on us. Coentrao is a LB who can play well going forward. Either put him in for Marcelo, or for Di Maria. In for Khedira is just crazy.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:41 am

Coentrao hasn't failed, you just dissapointed yourselves with your own failed visions of what "should" be.

He's been very decent in midfield except for some last few matches, but then again the whole Madrid team has been poor in the last couple of matches. The team needs to rotate and Coentrao will have some matches on LB as well as in Midfield, so will Sahin, so will Altintop, so will Khedira, so will Kaka.

Madrid has money to burn, should they have signed a chepear, less efective and less polivalent defender just for the mental sanity of the fans?

Not to mention all the tactical fomations Coentrao can now add to the team:

-----Ronaldo--Benzema-------
Coentrao--------------Di Maria
--------Lass-----Alonso---------
Marcelo---Pepe--Carvalho--Ramos

----------Benzema--------------
Coentrao--Kaka------Ronaldo
---------Sahin---Khedira-------
Marcelo---Pepe--Carvalho--Ramos

------Higuain---Ronaldo-------
------------Oezil-----------------
-----Coentrao----Sahin-------
------------Khedira-------------
Marcelo--Pepe--Carvalho--Ramos

For Barcelona:
-----------Higuain---------------
Ronaldo----------------Di Maria
----Pepe---Lass------Alonso--
Marcelo--Carvalho--Ramos--Coentrao

and thats just off the top of my head, with a long season with many injuries looming and players getting tired, some of this stuff might happen.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:11 am

omarish wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:For me Marcelo is a star and I am not talking about football manager cos that's wat most people do here anyways, rate players on what they see in football manager.

I enjoy how Marcelo plays his football, his not scared to try anything very talented player

THANK YOU.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. He (along with Ozil) is the main reason i watch Madrid play. He needs to get more credit for his defense because he's become really good there too

Hey guys, I've been saying it for like forever. Very Happy I'm glad I'm not the only one lol

Marcelo Circle-jerk?

While I agree with you guys that Marcelo is wonderfull going forward and forms a deadly tandem with CRsnail, we should all agree that he is average defensively and this is costing Madrid points and titles.

Watch Levante's goal, a certain Marcelo was again poor. (As he was vs. Alexis Sanchez in the Supercup, vs Afellay in the CL semifinal, vs. Pedro in the 5-0, etc.)

Not a top 10 FB if you think that the most important is that a FB is a defender and has to defend first.

Last edited by free_cat on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:18 am

free_cat wrote:
omarish wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:For me Marcelo is a star and I am not talking about football manager cos that's wat most people do here anyways, rate players on what they see in football manager.

I enjoy how Marcelo plays his football, his not scared to try anything very talented player

THANK YOU.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. He (along with Ozil) is the main reason i watch Madrid play. He needs to get more credit for his defense because he's become really good there too

Hey guys, I've been saying it for like forever. Very Happy I'm glad I'm not the only one lol

Marcelo Circle knee-jerk?

While I agree with you guys that Marcelo is wonderfull going forward and forms a deadly tandem with CRsnail, we should all agree that he is average defensively and this is costing Madrid points and titles.

Watch Levante's goal, a certain Marcelo was again poor. (As he was vs. Alexis Sanchez in the Supercup, vs Afellay in the CL semifinal, vs. Pedro in the 5-0, etc.)

Not a top 10 FB if you think that the most important is that a FB is a defender and has to defend first.
That was more likely Carvalhos fault tho, he was caught out of position, Other than that fluke goal, Marcelo was superb in that match , just sayin.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:21 am

He always is, until he makes a mistake that costs Madrid a goal. And perhaps Carvalho was at fault, but Marcelo too: he is out of position and slips when trying to intercept the ball.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:22 am

free_cat wrote:He always is, until he makes a mistake that costs Madrid a goal. And perhaps Carvalho was at fault, but Marcelo too: he is out of position and slips when trying to intercept the ball.
Well, you speak teh truth, so your right.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:27 am

free_cat wrote:

Marcelo Circle knee-jerk?

i thought he was very good vs sanchez, until the start of the second half where sanchez started to beat him a couple of times, and you have to take into account that he doesnt get the support other fullbacks get because cr7 is such a egoistic donkey kong, who calls himself marcelos best friend but yet doesnt help him out defensively(he has improved though)

and against levante it wasnt only marcelo but our whole backline fell apart for that goal (except pepe), i mean when carvalho goes for the same man as marcelo leaving kone wide open youre bound to be scored upon)

now the marcelo that had dimaria helping him on the wing, was on a whole other level, i remember the cup when messi tried to get past him twice and failed and stopped after that and switched

i mean the guy is good no doubt about that but he only needs adequate help from the wings to make it a fair comparison

if you look at Abidal/adriano they have an ever so hardworking villa ahead of them just like cole etc, its not fair to just jump on marcelo when the circumstances are totally different, now if you wanna criticize cr7 feel free to do that because its his fault that we have conceded so many goals from that side(along with cravalho the turtule).
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:34 am

Marcelo looks much better when the CB next to him is doing a great job.

He has his weaknesses but if everyone is doing their part then everyone plays well. I'm never a fan of singling a player out for a loss.

Also Coentrao has been doing a good job, he only just got here so he still needs some time to gel (Laughing)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:43 am

stupid transfer, 30M for a sub to marcelol
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:45 am

he has played all games this season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:51 am

Pwned.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:16 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:he has played all games this season

because sahin and altintop are injured...

fact: he's not a part of madrid's strongest 11, never will be... regardless of what spin you put on it, madrid bought a bench player for 30 mil, a rather horrible bench player at that... tino costa wasn't this bad in his first games for us, and he was playing in the french second division a year before he came to valencia
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:17 pm

che wrote:

fact: he's not a part of madrid's strongest 11, never will be... regardless of what spin you put on it, madrid bought a bench player for 30 mil, a rather horrible bench player at that... tino costa wasn't this bad in his first games for us, and he was playing in the french second division a year before he came to valencia
now now, save ur bias atleast end of first half season.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:20 pm

i'm comparing players based on their first games in the league after transfers because coentrao "hasn't settled in yet"

reading comprehension :coffee:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:22 pm

che wrote:i'm comparing players based on their first games in the league after transfers because coentrao "hasn't settled in yet"

reading comprehension Thoughts on Coentrao? - Page 5 2859867778
whatever you say, buddy. Smile
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:24 pm

Coentrao is okay. He'll come handy when his time comes.

Real Madrid sucks, not him, but when the team sucks players like him are exposed.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:55 pm

If he was signed for the sole purpose of being a CM, then yes, he is a flop. But the main reason why he was signed is because we have only one player who is a trained LB- Marcelo, and because he is still versatile. I think he'd fit any position on the left flank quite smugly. Arbeloa's amazing, but at the end of the day, he's not a perfected LB. He's more of a squad player for the CB's and RB.
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:12 pm

Coentrao is a bench player that has played all our games so far. Zealous I don't think he has done a good job he has not had a single good performance against any of the 4 teams we have played. He will never bench Marcelo, he will never be playing CM when Sahin is fit and he will never be playing on the wings as long as Ronaldo and Di Maria are fit. Coentrao has yet to prove himself and hopefully he will prove me wrong in the next game.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:18 pm

I agree he hasn't been been playing that great. But he is putting in a good effort, he's obviously trying is what I'm saying.

He only just got here, so he'll get better eventually and it doesn't help that he's been played at CM when that isn't really his thing.

Not crazy about the price. Never was, we over paid for him no question, but I wouldn't label him a flop. Not yet at least.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm

True, his work rate is what I actually admire about him. He gives 100% every time. He has time to redeem himself. I wouldn't have even been bothered if it wasn't for the price tag.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:27 pm

This would have been an overreaction on Marca's part and everyone else's but after seeing Gasperini get fired in such a short space, I think this is the norm these days.

It's always funny when a player from the club we support is having a bit of a bother in his new team and we tend to have a "wait and see" approach but with others, that son of a b***h is a damn flop. Coentrao is doing decent playing in a position that isn't his natural one but I too have my doubts on whether he actually is part of the strongest 11.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:28 pm

che wrote:

altintop??? the same altintop mou branded surplus to requirement who we got for free

why does mou play khedira, alonso and coentrao all at the same time then, since you consider him to be a full time CM
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next