DRK
fadjriemilan
dostoevsky
BiasedMilanFan3
8 posters

Go down

Nesta to be dropped for Udinese game Empty Nesta to be dropped for Udinese game

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:58 am

Gazzetta is today reporting that Nesta will be dropped / rested for Milan's game against Udinese. This comes after a run of poor form, with the exception of the Barcelona game and Allegri believes that he is not fit to play this game, which will be Milan's third game in eight days.

GDS's predicted formation: (4-3-1-2): Abbiati; Abate-Silva-Yepes-Zambrotta; Nocerino-Van Bommel-Seedorf; Aquilani; Pato-Cassano

Back to top Go down

Nesta to be dropped for Udinese game Empty Re: Nesta to be dropped for Udinese game

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:56 am

Yepes is a fine CB
I'm sure he'll be good if this report is true
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Nesta to be dropped for Udinese game Empty Re: Nesta to be dropped for Udinese game

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:00 am

I think the issue is in Allegri dropping Nesta. Should he be constantly changing our CB pairing if Nesta is not fit? What would that do to the chemistry at the back? Was this the plan from the start and the reason Mexes was purchased so that Nesta can be rotated or is Allegri planning on phasing Nesta out?

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:06 am

He certainly needs the rest, we have a hectic schedule and there is no point in risking fatigue or even injury, considering his history. If Mexes' return from injury is at a high level then I am happy to see him earn significant time in Serie A, though Nesta remains my first preference against important opposition. An argument can be made however that there is absolutely no point in playing Nesta against the likes of Siena, so as long as Mexes or even Yepes are performing well then they deserve the chance to start, perhaps even together. Thiago Silva needs rest as well, I'm content as long as we're not making unnecessary chances and missing opportunities to change up our line-up.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:08 am

Yepes showed last season that Galliani was right in calling him a back player. The issue is not a lack of back-ups we have to Nesta but the issue is that rarely any other clubs in the world rotate center backs and to good reason. It destabilizes the team and will not help with Thiago Silva never having the same partner. If Nesta cannot play more than 30 games a season, it is he who should be the back up.

Just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:15 am

United are starting to do the exact same thing, even when players return from injury I believe that constant rotation and utilising the flexible nature of their squad will continue. The only issue is the quality of back-ups that exist around the world. If you're good enough you can pull it off, however I personally would wish to implement such a policy with younger players as a tactic for integration, not merely for conservation of energy. As a measure to be employed when we have intense periods that test the depth of the squad we must be pragmatic however. I want Nesta to become a back-up when we have a permanent replacement within the squad, however Mexes is by no means my preferred option. He's certainly good enough to warrant his use as a regular back-up to either of Nesilva in the league at least, in my opinion.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by fadjriemilan Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:34 am

Yepes is a fine player, he is very reliable too as back up. I would have no problem with that, Nesta won't be fit for sure.
fadjriemilan
fadjriemilan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:12 pm

LEt him rest, he has put in some great performances, I am confident in Yepes ability, hes a solid back up
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:16 pm

could it be that Allegri is thinking about starting Mexes?

I think Nesta shouldn't get dropped.And if he is getting dropped,we should wait for milan x barca round 2

Last edited by Ganso on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:16 pm

Simple, Nesta cannot cope with 2 games a week although this can be argued if he is playing within a deep line.

The fact is Yepes is more then capable to play alongside us and despite his waning pace, he has shown great chemistry and understand with Silva and can subdue aerial threats.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:41 pm

IMO these claims that playing yepes alongside silva will destabilize him is BS.

Silva has shown time and time and again how adaptable he is. He makes his partner in the back-whoever he is- look better. Silva and Yepes have shown in the past they are greatly compatible also.

There is no harm in keeping silva as the fixed element while rotating the other center back between Yepes, Mexes, and Nesta.

Keep in mind also how great Yepes was for us last season. He is worthy of the position, and occasional starts will only boost his confidence and fitness.

If allegri does it, it will definitely be the right decision IMO.

Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:43 pm

I hope that entire formation aint right, we are due to another embaressment there.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:01 pm

dostoevsky wrote:United are starting to do the exact same thing, even when players return from injury I believe that constant rotation and utilising the flexible nature of their squad will continue. The only issue is the quality of back-ups that exist around the world. If you're good enough you can pull it off, however I personally would wish to implement such a policy with younger players as a tactic for integration, not merely for conservation of energy. As a measure to be employed when we have intense periods that test the depth of the squad we must be pragmatic however. I want Nesta to become a back-up when we have a permanent replacement within the squad, however Mexes is by no means my preferred option. He's certainly good enough to warrant his use as a regular back-up to either of Nesilva in the league at least, in my opinion.

Astori would have been perfect for this, no? I disagree with the notion. This is bad for the team and if Nesta was not in the long term first XI from the go, he should have been rotated for the weekends game, not this one. As for integration, I'm not sure I want to see the commanding duties at CB left to Philipe Mexes. Just does not seem like the right guy to do so...

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:07 pm

Nesta looked good in the Barca game because Milan arrived at the Camp Nou ready to soak up so much pressure whilst in Serie A, Milan will attack more and often leave Nesta more exposed and less support (in comparison to the Barca game)
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down