Lord Spencer
Albiceleste
Sushi Master
Blackmore.
10 posters

Go down

Napoli Empty Napoli

Post by Blackmore. Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:46 pm

Napoli are quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Note; I do not support them, but I do find myself cheering for them. I was left with a pickle as who to support vs Milan. Cavani is quickly winning my heart with his work ethic and non stop scoring, not to mention Levazzi is pure class. Who here will pay very close attention to Napoli this year?

Please, I don't wanna talk about which team is better, this is strictly Napoli and Napoli only. NO Madrid or Barcelona in this thread. cheers
Blackmore.
Blackmore.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Napoli Empty Re: Napoli

Post by Sushi Master Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:48 pm

I've watched Napoli matches for a few years now, because my dad is a diehard Napoli fan since the Maradona days.

They play some very sexy football. Any football fan should watch them. If they keep the core of their team and add some more quality, you have a true CL squad and Scudetto challenger right there.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackmore. Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:53 pm

I think they did very well in keeping their three star players and they have a fantastic goal keeper.
Blackmore.
Blackmore.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:57 pm

I watch them for Lavezzi Cool

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackmore. Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:58 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:I watch them for Lavezzi Cool
Cavanni deserves a shoutout. He was sublime against Man City.
Blackmore.
Blackmore.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:59 pm

Blackmore. wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:I watch them for Lavezzi Cool
Cavanni deserves a shoutout. He was sublime against Man City.
Yeah, for sure.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:01 pm

Go to the Serie A thread for more about Napoli this way :arrow:
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Hamsik-Lavezzi-Cavani..I think they are currently the most devastating trio in Serie A..Lavezzi-Cavani to a greater extent..The chemistry between them is unbelievable..

And the work De Laurentiis has done to bring this club into relevance again is Admirable..I mean they have all but a Scudetto challenging squad with a wage bill of 40 odd million euros...That is incredible in contrast to heavyweights such as Milan and Inter..

This year they've added a lot more depth in all departments..I also like to think that their defense is pretty underrated..Paolo Cannavaro definitely warrants a call up for La Nazionale..No to mention Campaganro who has coped so well after that car crash he suffered earlier this year..

Another quality left wing back,a quality midfielder and a CB and provided they keep their star players and they'd be challenging for Scudetto and competing in cl pretty much every year..

But I also feel that with the kind of wages the Likes of Cavani and Hamsik are being paid and their constant flirtation with some of the most glamorous clubs they wont stick around for too long i guess..The Napoli fans would be literally heartbroken if Cavani left..

Nevertheless the president is doing his all to add more quality to the squad and thereby convincing their stars to stay at the club and remind them of his ambitions..Certainly would like this team to grow but not at the expense of Juventus Ofcourse..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:06 pm

Sunday was the first time I watched a entire serie a a game Very Happy , I have to Napoli a team to watch. I hope they beat up Man city the same way they beat up Milan. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:27 pm

I'm looking forward to the matches of Napoli vs Bayern!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:32 pm

Nabuli, they are funny team, with funny fans. From what I hear after the win against Cesena they already considered the Scudetto theirs...when you consider almost 15,000 (!!) fans travelled to Emilia Romagna for that game you'd been forgiven for thinking it was the season's final and deciding game. The win against Milan will have them doing cartwheels in the streets :facepalm:

People lavish praise on their players, but it's not the whole story in my opinion. It's not so much the individual quality of the players as it is their system and quality of the coach Mazzari. They execute the three man backline very, very well. It converts to a five man defense under pressure and it's this (coupled with good workrate across the entire team and the retracted positioning of their CM's) that allows them to soak up pressure and then break at pace; that is their real strength.

Udinese do a very similar thing, with a similar formation. Defend, defend, defend then hit you on the break. It's very much old style Italian football inspired by teams of the 50's, 60's and 70's, but it's working.

:{Mr.Mustachio!
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:41 pm

^^Napoli were using that system prior to Mazzari's arrival..Edy Reja introduced that system at Napoli..

Its just that there is huge leap in the Quality of players, not taking away the credit from Mazzari as he's done an excellent job in assembling a well-oiled unit in these past few seasons..

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:04 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:^^Napoli were using that system prior to Mazzari's arrival..Edy Reja introduced that system at Napoli..

Its just that there is huge leap in the Quality of players, not taking away the credit from Mazzari as he's done an excellent job in assembling a well-oiled unit in these past few seasons..

But while Reja is a good coach, he's not as good. Mazzari never played it back in his Samp days (to my knowledge) but he's made it his own. With regards to the players, many have been reinvigorated or in some cases embellished by Mazzari's arrival. As with any good coach he gets the absolute best out of his players.

They might win the title...and they are good, I just don't like them one bit. banana

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:48 pm

Its the most important season in "Napoli's" history, and if they manage to win the scudetto race I see them on for years and to lesser extend if they end in the top 3, if they fail to do so, it will be almost impossible for De Laurentiis to convience his main stars to stay for an additional year. Butya I agree thumbs ups for them for this entertaining and brave team they have.

Their coach I believe will be the next big thing in the coaching world, I see him up there with the legendery names of Italian coaches, in the next few seasons.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Napoli are going to be a force in Italy for sure.
Started brilliantly. Cavani is incredible, he makes the most out of his chances.

Also, Inler is a very underrated transfer and player in my opinion.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down