Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

+23
Doc
EarlyPrototype
SaintJoe
Jack Daniels
Great Leader Sprucenuce
the xcx
Iceman
BeautifulGame
Lord Spencer
El Chelsea Fuerte
zizzle
chinomaster182
leemhuis
Omniscient
BarrileteCosmico
H.A.
Jay29
The Madrid One
Lord Awesome
The Franchise
Zealous
jibers
Mr Nick09
27 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by zizzle Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:29 am

The Franchise wrote:
zizzle wrote:some people really underestimate the skill, discpline, grit, and tactical work 'parking the bus' requires.

So hard Stoke, Almeria, Betis and al the rest of the fodder at the bottom of the league can do it?

We can all see it takes a certain degree of organisation and discipline and spirit. But lets not pretend its an extraordinary feat only the best of the best can pull off.


so when was the last time Barca couldnt break the deadlock? :coffee:

zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:31 am

The Franchise wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
No other team is capable of playing possession like us, many teams are capable of parking the bus well.

Who exactly? Just Real and Inter. Maybe Chelsea.

Who can keep possesion like you guys? Arsenal, Real, Man U.

Yeah, those 3 teams cant keep possession like us. You know that, dont pretend.

Really, just those 3 teams. Lower league teams have never parked the bus well against us? Really?

They have and they failed. Which is why they're not worth mentioning, are they?

To "Park the Bus" like Inter with Mourinho or Chelsea with Hiddink you'll need to have extreme dicspline. Otherwise you'll never reach where Inter and Chelsea were when they reached Barca.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 6076
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:35 am

zizzle wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
zizzle wrote:some people really underestimate the skill, discpline, grit, and tactical work 'parking the bus' requires.

So hard Stoke, Almeria, Betis and al the rest of the fodder at the bottom of the league can do it?

We can all see it takes a certain degree of organisation and discipline and spirit. But lets not pretend its an extraordinary feat only the best of the best can pull off.


so when was the last time Barca couldnt break the deadlock? :coffee:

Ah, so, any time we score that means the opponant must of parked the bus badely. Nothing to do with the fact we might have good players then?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:38 am

Lord Hispano wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
No other team is capable of playing possession like us, many teams are capable of parking the bus well.

Who exactly? Just Real and Inter. Maybe Chelsea.

Who can keep possesion like you guys? Arsenal, Real, Man U.

Yeah, those 3 teams cant keep possession like us. You know that, dont pretend.

Really, just those 3 teams. Lower league teams have never parked the bus well against us? Really?

They have and they failed. Which is why they're not worth mentioning, are they?

To "Park the Bus" like Inter with Mourinho or Chelsea with Hiddink you'll need to have extreme dicspline. Otherwise you'll never reach where Inter and Chelsea were when they reached Barca.

Well I could name Rubin Kazan and Shakhtar but thats not really the point im trying to make.

Nobody is saying that those teams arent "better" at parking the bus, they have better players so obviously they will be. Thats just common sense.

But I said many teams are capable of parking the bus well and they are. Football is science, just because you park the bus doesnt mean automatically you cant concede. I never claimed that.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:38 am

english_jewel wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Most small teams dont have this. But I think thats why nobody complains when small teams do it, I at least dont. But when teams who are supposed to have equal or close to equal talent, i think its unneded and quite shameful.

It's a football tactic.

Football is a tactical game. Tactics go beyond attack, attack and attack.

And if the team's 'park the bus' tactics work then the only team that should be shamed is the losing team. And if the other team complains of those tactics then they are being sore losers.

In your opinion, not mine.

If your a big team and you have a close to equally talented squad, or have the means to have that, playing exactly like the same teams do is shameful in my opinion.

If your plaiyng like those small teams, trying to steal a result, rather then outplay your opponant for it, what makes you any better then those small teams the rare times they are successful?

As I said many times before, if you want to use that tactic then fine. But dont come out afterwards claiming superiority.


The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by zizzle Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:46 am

The Franchise wrote:
zizzle wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
zizzle wrote:some people really underestimate the skill, discpline, grit, and tactical work 'parking the bus' requires.

So hard Stoke, Almeria, Betis and al the rest of the fodder at the bottom of the league can do it?

We can all see it takes a certain degree of organisation and discipline and spirit. But lets not pretend its an extraordinary feat only the best of the best can pull off.


so when was the last time Barca couldnt break the deadlock? :coffee:

Ah, so, any time we score that means the opponant must of parked the bus badely. Nothing to do with the fact we might have good players then?


if parking the bus was so easy why doesnt it work then ?

its always about the players and what style suits them, but according to your logic an offensive player is better than a defensive player no matter how much hard work the defensive one had to put to achieve MASTERY

the small teams you mentioned only park the bus against big teams and its not a part of their phylosophy and thats why they fail
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 103

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by Omniscient Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:51 am

The Franchise wrote:
When teams "park the bus" the other team dont have a say in the matter. They cant force them to not park the bus, its entirely up the team doing it.

Our possesion, other teams have an option. They could come out and press high and not allow us to get out of our half. Like many teams have done before.

Are you actually biased enough to the point that you actually believe this stuff you're saying?

You seem to have no grasp of how pressing works. I can count on one hand the number of teams in Europe who have the players and ability to press Barcelona relentlessly all game, and have a somewhat decent chance of emerging with a positive result.

When Barcelona go 2-0 up against Real Sociedad, and switch to keep-ball mode, there's literally nothing Real Sociedad can do except wait in their half patiently for the counter-attack. What "option" are you talking about? The option for a mid-table La Liga side to press idiotically against the best team in the world at dealing with pressure, only to get carved open 8-0?

Pressing high is complete suicide except for teams of the best organization and skill. You should know this if you watched the 5-0. The only time that pressing has actually worked was when the strongest Madrid side in recent memory went toe-to-toe against an unfit, injury-plagued Barcelona team, and still lost/tied.

I hate the mentality that Barcelona players and fanboys share, defending deep against Barcelona's ball-hogging is "anti-football" Laughing . There's no difference between what they're doing and what Barcelona are doing, it's just that Barca are parking the bus while on the ball, and other team is doing it without the ball.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 741
Join date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:54 am

The Franchise wrote:
zizzle wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
zizzle wrote:some people really underestimate the skill, discpline, grit, and tactical work 'parking the bus' requires.

So hard Stoke, Almeria, Betis and al the rest of the fodder at the bottom of the league can do it?

We can all see it takes a certain degree of organisation and discipline and spirit. But lets not pretend its an extraordinary feat only the best of the best can pull off.


so when was the last time Barca couldnt break the deadlock? :coffee:

Ah, so, any time we score that means the opponant must of parked the bus badely. Nothing to do with the fact we might have good players then?


When you win against a team that "parked the bus" it means that your team was smart and strong enough to solve the jigsaw puzzle and break through.

When you lose against a team that "parked the bus" it means that your team was not smart and strong enough to break through.

It logically follows that the second team are better at that tactics than the first team, regardless of the reasons. A lot of teams do it, but that does not mean they are good at it.

Parking the bus is a tactic, pure and simple. Sometimes the manager identifies that his team cannot match the opposing team head on, and hence plays to his side's strength, maybe because of lack of personal, maybe because of a sudden injury or red card. Doesn't Barca always try to stamp their style in the match?

When the other teams defend and absorb pressure and win on the break, they deserve their victory because they defended valiantly, and because the other team did not have any answers to their defense, nor any answer to their counters. Just as when a possession team wins, they deserve it because they used their possession well (unlike Roma's last game), and because their opponents did not have any answers to their dominance.

Pretending that some team have the divine right to win as some Barca fans think, or some RM who think their team was deserving of a victory and was robbed by the ref, is laughable at best. Teams get what they deserve, end of story.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4502
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:56 am

zizzle wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
zizzle wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
zizzle wrote:some people really underestimate the skill, discpline, grit, and tactical work 'parking the bus' requires.

So hard Stoke, Almeria, Betis and al the rest of the fodder at the bottom of the league can do it?

We can all see it takes a certain degree of organisation and discipline and spirit. But lets not pretend its an extraordinary feat only the best of the best can pull off.


so when was the last time Barca couldnt break the deadlock? :coffee:

Ah, so, any time we score that means the opponant must of parked the bus badely. Nothing to do with the fact we might have good players then?


if parking the bus was so easy why doesnt it work then ?

its always about the players and what style suits them, but according to your logic an offensive player is better than a defensive player no matter how much hard work the defensive one had to put to achieve MASTERY

the small teams you mentioned only park the bus against big teams and its not a part of their phylosophy and thats why they fail

Where did I say doing it is easy.

I said its not hard, its not some amazing feat because lowe level teams can all come away with relatively good results out of it.

No, an offensive player isnt always better then a defensive player...but he is alwaysmore talented.

Why?

Because any team can play defensively against the best teams, any team.

Hardly any can play offensively.

No the samll teams fail when parking the bus because they have lesser players who make mistakes, they arent as good, we already know that.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:59 am

Omniscient wrote:Are you actually biased enough to the point that you actually believe this stuff you're saying?

You seem to have no grasp of how pressing works. I can count on one hand the number of teams in Europe who have the players and ability to press Barcelona relentlessly all game, and have a somewhat decent chance of emerging with a positive result.

When Barcelona go 2-0 up against Real Sociedad, and switch to keep-ball mode, there's literally nothing Real Sociedad can do except wait in their half patiently for the counter-attack. What "option" are you talking about? The option for a mid-table La Liga side to press idiotically against the best team in the world at dealing with pressure, only to get carved open 8-0?


Pressing high is complete suicide except for teams of the best organization and skill. You should know this if you watched the 5-0. The only time that pressing has actually worked was when the strongest Madrid side in recent memory went toe-to-toe against an unfit, injury-plagued Barcelona team, and still lost/tied.
The Franchise wrote:Well I said that too, but you might be surprised to learn Barca scored the most goals outside the box in the whole of La Liga last season.

I think though, we limit our shots from distance becase of the possession game. Its a waste attempt when you have the passers we have who believe they can pass their way through.

But again, we scored the most from outside the box so I am not sure its a problem either way.

I agree with your last sentance. Because you cant press for any longer then 30 minutes with dropping off. Also, you need technical players so you can keep the ball and get a rest from all the pressing.

Most small teams dont have this. But I think thats why nobody complains when small teams do it, I at least dont. But when teams who are supposed to have equal or close to equal talent, i think its unneded and quite shameful.
I hate the mentality that Barcelona players and fanboys share, defending deep against Barcelona's ball-hogging is "anti-football" Laughing . There's no difference between what they're doing and what Barcelona are doing, it's just that Barca are parking the bus while on the ball, and other team is doing it without the ball.
BarrileteCosmico wrote:There's a key difference between dominating possession, which is an incredibly hard thing to do which requires a ridiculous amount of technique, and thus why it's very hard to replicate, and putting 9 players in the box. How people do not see or appreciate this difference is beyond me.

Also, the claims that possession football are boring are ridiculous. What team has scored more goals per game than Barca in the last 3 seasons (or 4 including this one) at the champions league? Some possession football can be boring, but possession by itself is not boring. It's what you do with it.


Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:03 am; edited 2 times in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28270
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by zizzle Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:01 am

there is a difference between playing defensively and losing and playing defensively and actually achieving a result against the likes of Barca. That by itself is an amazing feat that rarely happens as the numbers tell, and this should tell you that its actually hard

again, if its not hard why only a few teams Inter and Chelsea were able to shut down Barca while the others failed ?
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 103

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:05 am

Omniscient wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
When teams "park the bus" the other team dont have a say in the matter. They cant force them to not park the bus, its entirely up the team doing it.

Our possesion, other teams have an option. They could come out and press high and not allow us to get out of our half. Like many teams have done before.

Are you actually biased enough to the point that you actually believe this stuff you're saying?

You seem to have no grasp of how pressing works. I can count on one hand the number of teams in Europe who have the players and ability to press Barcelona relentlessly all game, and have a somewhat decent chance of emerging with a positive result.

When Barcelona go 2-0 up against Real Sociedad, and switch to keep-ball mode, there's literally nothing Real Sociedad can do except wait in their half patiently for the counter-attack. What "option" are you talking about? The option for a mid-table La Liga side to press idiotically against the best team in the world at dealing with pressure, only to get carved open 8-0?

Pressing high is complete suicide except for teams of the best organization and skill. You should know this if you watched the 5-0. The only time that pressing has actually worked was when the strongest Madrid side in recent memory went toe-to-toe against an unfit, injury-plagued Barcelona team, and still lost/tied.

I hate the mentality that Barcelona players and fanboys share, defending deep against Barcelona's ball-hogging is "anti-football" Laughing . There's no difference between what they're doing and what Barcelona are doing, it's just that Barca are parking the bus while on the ball, and other team is doing it without the ball.

I have no graso of how pressing works? I laughavle statement, I am intrested enough on the subject to have a manual written on pressing that I casually took on holiday with me for my plane journey.

I have no idea how pressing works, yet in my spare time I go out my way to read an entire manual devoted to it. I am laughing at you right now.

You are the one who dont know how pressing works because you believe teams can press for the entire game. A outragous statement.

Barca have the ball 70% of the time, therefore they only press 30% of the time at most and even they cant do it for much longer then 60 minutes. Big time fail on your part.

Only certain teams have the ability to press? Thats another myth.

You need players with high stamina, desire and a coach who is can implement it. Any team can press the ball.

Can many teams press Barca and get a result? No, they are a superb team who rarely drop any points. But you will find teams that press have a better chance of winning games then parking the bus. Its been proven time and time again, the teams that press, do better.

There was nothing Sociedad could do? Then how come we lost our lead?

The pressed more, didnt you watch the game? They didnt press full pitch, because maybe you didnt know, there are many ways you can press..but the pressed the midfield (not the backline like Barca would do) and didnt allow them time to find passes over the top.

How do you think they came back into the game? Just luck? If Barca were playing more keep ball, how did they make more mistakes?

And I would love for you to find where I said defending deep is "anti-football". If you want you can go through not just this thread, but any thead and see if you can find those words. Once you fail, you can apologize..or more likely in your case, stick your tail between your legs and run.

As I said before, you sir, are clueless.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:10 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
zizzle wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
zizzle wrote:some people really underestimate the skill, discpline, grit, and tactical work 'parking the bus' requires.

So hard Stoke, Almeria, Betis and al the rest of the fodder at the bottom of the league can do it?

We can all see it takes a certain degree of organisation and discipline and spirit. But lets not pretend its an extraordinary feat only the best of the best can pull off.


so when was the last time Barca couldnt break the deadlock? :coffee:

Ah, so, any time we score that means the opponant must of parked the bus badely. Nothing to do with the fact we might have good players then?


When you win against a team that "parked the bus" it means that your team was smart and strong enough to solve the jigsaw puzzle and break through.

When you lose against a team that "parked the bus" it means that your team was not smart and strong enough to break through.

It logically follows that the second team are better at that tactics than the first team, regardless of the reasons. A lot of teams do it, but that does not mean they are good at it.

Parking the bus is a tactic, pure and simple. Sometimes the manager identifies that his team cannot match the opposing team head on, and hence plays to his side's strength, maybe because of lack of personal, maybe because of a sudden injury or red card. Doesn't Barca always try to stamp their style in the match?

When the other teams defend and absorb pressure and win on the break, they deserve their victory because they defended valiantly, and because the other team did not have any answers to their defense, nor any answer to their counters. Just as when a possession team wins, they deserve it because they used their possession well (unlike Roma's last game), and because their opponents did not have any answers to their dominance.

Pretending that some team have the divine right to win as some Barca fans think, or some RM who think their team was deserving of a victory and was robbed by the ref, is laughable at best. Teams get what they deserve, end of story.

So you didnt see the part where I wrote, also the opponant makes mistakes because they arent as good' Or do you choose to ignore that part?

Again, where did I say parking the bus isnt a tactic? I claimed it a "right of the weak" tactics to coin a phrase, a tactic for small teams. When big teams do it, they shouldnt have great pride other then the victory itself, they just acted like a small team. But nowhere in here, did Isay it isnt a tactic.

What is it with people claiming things I didnt say?

Along the same lines, where did I say they didnt deserve their victory?






The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:14 am

zizzle wrote:there is a difference between playing defensively and losing and playing defensively and actually achieving a result against the likes of Barca. That by itself is an amazing feat that rarely happens as the numbers tell, and this should tell you that its actually hard

again, if its not hard why only a few teams Inter and Chelsea were able to shut down Barca while the others failed ?

When team A does the same tactics as team B, but team A has better players, isnt it logical they are more likely to suceed? That to me, is common sense.

The tactic isnt hard...any team can do it.

The hard part is having the players who can do it and not lose against the best teams.

But the actual tactic, is not hard at all.

Put a bank of 4 in the box, put a bank of 3 in front of them on the edge and dont allow space in between the lines, put another 2 players in front of them and leave one player on the half way line.

Stay narrow, dont go any wider then the width of the box and your about done.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:15 am

I am off for the night, will be intresting to see the replies though I suspect someone will step out of bounds and the thread will be disposed of by one of my fellow admins.

We will see.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:16 am

Zizzle, I understand that you're arguing that parking the bus effectively does take a great measure of discipline in order to pull it off. But do you think that there is just as much merit in doing it as there is in playing possession football?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28270
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by Omniscient Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:24 am

The Franchise wrote:I have no graso of how pressing works? I laughavle statement, I am intrested enough on the subject to have a manual written on pressing that I casually took on holiday with me for my plane journey.

I have no idea how pressing works, yet in my spare time I go out my way to read an entire manual devoted to it. I am laughing at you right now.

Why are you telling me about pressing manuals that you may or may not have read? I couldn't care less.

You are the one who dont know how pressing works because you believe teams can press for the entire game. A outragous statement.

This is the complete opposite of what I'm telling you. You're the one saying that teams "have the option" of pressing Barcelona. Are you coherent right now?

Barca have the ball 70% of the time, therefore they only press 30% of the time at most and even they cant do it for much longer then 60 minutes. Big time fail on your part.

Only certain teams have the ability to press? Thats another myth.

You need players with high stamina, desire and a coach who is can implement it. Any team can press the ball.

Alright, any respect I may have had for you is surely gone now. Your two sentences above are complete, direct contradictions.

Can many teams press Barca and get a result? No, they are a superb team who rarely drop any points. But you will find teams that press have a better chance of winning games then parking the bus. Its been proven time and time again, the teams that press, do better.

There was nothing Sociedad could do? Then how come we lost our lead?

Villa putting Sociedad through on goal? :facepalm:

The pressed more, didnt you watch the game? They didnt press full pitch, because maybe you didnt know, there are many ways you can press..but the pressed the midfield (not the backline like Barca would do) and didnt allow them time to find passes over the top.

How do you think they came back into the game? Just luck? If Barca were playing more keep ball, how did they make more mistakes?

And I would love for you to find where I said defending deep is "anti-football". If you want you can go through not just this thread, but any thead and see if you can find those words. Once you fail, you can apologize..or more likely in your case, stick your tail between your legs and run.

The classic fallback when you lose an argument, ask someone else to go rummaging through your posts and provide specifically worded quotes LOL. Let me get this straight, your point is that it's "unneeded and shameful" (direct quotes) for teams to park the bus against Barcelona, but it's COMPLETELY okay for Barcelona to sit on the ball and park the bus their own way.

After that, you proceed to admit that it's impossible for a team to consistently press Barcelona for the whole game, but if they don't try then it's "shameful". Typical Barcelona attitude, every team has an obligation of pressing and losing like United just so Barcelona can win gloriously, instead of defending heroically and winning like Inter?.


As I said before, you sir, are clueless.

This is exactly what I wanted to say to you.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 741
Join date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:30 am

So now even if u win against Barca by using legitimate football tactics u are not superior.

Has xavi got a fake account in this forum by chance Sleep
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:53 am

What Barcelona do is not anti-football but it is boring as hell

I know alot of people like it but for me and all of my friends (bar the Barcelona supporters, the majority of which support EPL teams) find Barcelona's game very boring.

But it works for them and it works very well so who cares

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Omniscient wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I have no graso of how pressing works? I laughavle statement, I am intrested enough on the subject to have a manual written on pressing that I casually took on holiday with me for my plane journey.

I have no idea how pressing works, yet in my spare time I go out my way to read an entire manual devoted to it. I am laughing at you right now.

Why are you telling me about pressing manuals that you may or may not have read? I couldn't care less.

You are the one who dont know how pressing works because you believe teams can press for the entire game. A outragous statement.

This is the complete opposite of what I'm telling you. You're the one saying that teams "have the option" of pressing Barcelona. Are you coherent right now?

Barca have the ball 70% of the time, therefore they only press 30% of the time at most and even they cant do it for much longer then 60 minutes. Big time fail on your part.

Only certain teams have the ability to press? Thats another myth.

You need players with high stamina, desire and a coach who is can implement it. Any team can press the ball.

Alright, any respect I may have had for you is surely gone now. Your two sentences above are complete, direct contradictions.

Can many teams press Barca and get a result? No, they are a superb team who rarely drop any points. But you will find teams that press have a better chance of winning games then parking the bus. Its been proven time and time again, the teams that press, do better.

There was nothing Sociedad could do? Then how come we lost our lead?

Villa putting Sociedad through on goal? :facepalm:

The pressed more, didnt you watch the game? They didnt press full pitch, because maybe you didnt know, there are many ways you can press..but the pressed the midfield (not the backline like Barca would do) and didnt allow them time to find passes over the top.

How do you think they came back into the game? Just luck? If Barca were playing more keep ball, how did they make more mistakes?

And I would love for you to find where I said defending deep is "anti-football". If you want you can go through not just this thread, but any thead and see if you can find those words. Once you fail, you can apologize..or more likely in your case, stick your tail between your legs and run.

The classic fallback when you lose an argument, ask someone else to go rummaging through your posts and provide specifically worded quotes LOL. Let me get this straight, your point is that it's "unneeded and shameful" (direct quotes) for teams to park the bus against Barcelona, but it's COMPLETELY okay for Barcelona to sit on the ball and park the bus their own way.

After that, you proceed to admit that it's impossible for a team to consistently press Barcelona for the whole game, but if they don't try then it's "shameful". Typical Barcelona attitude, every team has an obligation of pressing and losing like United just so Barcelona can win gloriously, instead of defending heroically and winning like Inter?.


As I said before, you sir, are clueless.

This is exactly what I wanted to say to you.

Couldnt of you quoted and then made a response underneath?....your way of doing it has made it hard to read when replying to your post. Anyway...

Im telling you about pressing manuals because you claim I dont know what pressing is and how it works. I found it pretty funny you would make that claim while I casually read manual on the subject just for the sake of it.

I laughed more when I read your explanations about pressing though.

Dont pretent I am not making any sense. I am clear as day.

Forget what I said before for a moment, your telling me I dont know about pressing yet you go ahead and say only a few teams can press the entire game. Utter rubbish and the fact you said it tells me is you who doesnt understand it.

I could care less about your respect for me, like someone like you has an opinion about me I care about.

And no, there is no contridiction. I said teams need x, y and z to press and when they have them, you can press. As you can see from the things I noted (I would now also add the need for a touch of mobility in wide areas) they are not impossible to achieve for any side in the top divison. I am shocked I have to explain something so routine.

Pick any random side, they have the capability to have players with stamina, players with desire, players with a coach who understands the theory (seeing as I get, any coach must understand it) and now I have added mobility in wide areas. EVERY team in the first division can have that. Again, why I have to break this down for you I dont know.

Villa put them back into game game? Again, I ask, did you watch it?

Number 1, it was 2-1 at that point. They were hounding us and we looked on the ropes before that goal. They scored to make it 2-1 from a cross, how do you think they got into that position when they couldnt in the first half?

And second, why did Vlla make that pass? Because he didnt have a forward or even sideways safe pass on......why?..because as I said, they pressed the midfield and didnt allow the same time and space as in the first half.

As I thought, you claim I said something and you have been called out on it, not surprosing you cant back it up.

Mabye you should be careful with what you claim I said next time. As I said, no apology and tail between your legs.

Yes it is shameful when teams of the SAME STATURE who are supposed to be your "equals" are doing it. As I said, your playing the exact same method as a small team, what makes you any better then they are? When they steal results via this method, nobody says they are a better team. When big teams do it, why should they be annoced as the better side?

Who said any team that doesnt press the whole game is shameful"..more words being put in my mouth I didnt say.

I didnt know there was only two ways to play footbal, full pitch high pressure of parking the bus...you come off sounds like that is the case for some reason.


Yes, there is nothing wrong with what Barca do. As I already explained the obvious diferences people like you want to ignore or are too blind to see.



The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by Iceman Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:15 pm

I disagree with the statement that "you can't do anything against teams that park the bus". You can try and lure them in, make them attack. They are bound to commit men forward at some point or another, especially if they think they can score. People always point out that Arsenal score a lot of goals later on in the game, and that's because by that point the opposition team start to relax a bit and think they can actually grab a win, leading some of to attack, and so we end up scoring a goal.

Just like you can tactically counter possession games (Press high, etc. etc.), you can also counter parking the bus, which is why parking the bus doesn't work as much anymore.

I don't call either anti-football, because it's pretty pointless. There is no such thing as anti-football and, if there was, then every team is bound to do it at some point or another based on circumstances.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2043
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:21 pm

If a team doesnt want to come out, they arent going to.

Didnt you see Madrid-Barca last season.

At one point we refused to attack because they were parking the bus, we simply keep the ball at the half way line and didnt go forward for a spell.

It was a counter to their way of plaiyng and they still didnt come out.

We gave them the ball and then simply knocked it long for Cristiano instead of actually passing it and building play, so not to lose shape.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by the xcx Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:22 pm

I agree everything what he said and Im not being biased ppl.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7478
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:24 pm

The Franchise wrote:If a team doesnt want to come out, they arent going to.

Didnt you see Madrid-Barca last season.

At one point we refused to attack because they were parking the bus, we simply keep the ball at the half way line and didnt go forward for a spell.

It was a counter to their way of plaiyng and they still didnt come out.

We gave them the ball and then simply knocked it long for Cristiano instead of actually passing it and building play, so not to lose shape.


The Franchise wrote:To hell with it, anyone turns this into Barca-Madrid I am deleting posts and warning levels are coming down straight away.

Getting this out the way early.

Deduct yourself 25 % good sir Razz
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68988
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:27 pm

The Franchise wrote:If a team doesnt want to come out, they arent going to.

Didnt you see Madrid-Barca last season.

At one point we refused to attack because they were parking the bus, we simply keep the ball at the half way line and didnt go forward for a spell.

It was a counter to their way of plaiyng and they still didnt come out.

We gave them the ball and then simply knocked it long for Cristiano instead of actually passing it and building play, so not to lose shape.

That was the semi final in the Bernabeu right?

That was really frustrating. We could've atleast tried to win it since we just came from a victory in the Copa plus we were at home. I'm sure our momentum that day could've atleast brought a better result.

Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3262
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:28 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
The Franchise wrote:If a team doesnt want to come out, they arent going to.

Didnt you see Madrid-Barca last season.

At one point we refused to attack because they were parking the bus, we simply keep the ball at the half way line and didnt go forward for a spell.

It was a counter to their way of plaiyng and they still didnt come out.

We gave them the ball and then simply knocked it long for Cristiano instead of actually passing it and building play, so not to lose shape.


The Franchise wrote:To hell with it, anyone turns this into Barca-Madrid I am deleting posts and warning levels are coming down straight away.

Getting this out the way early.

Deduct yourself 25 % good sir Razz

Damn..I have been found out lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away - Page 3 Empty Re: Phil Ball: Barca plays anti football away

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum