Eivindo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
elm_baraja_shaman
Ganso
Lord Spencer
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Lord Spencer Serie A Thread: Round 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Lord Spencer Serie A Thread: Round 1

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:01 am

Well I agree with that, its not panic time yet or even close. I hope he stick to it because I believe it can work. I am just a little dissapointed that more hasnt stuck with the players at this time though.

As I said, I didnt expect well oiled machine, but I did expect players understand where to be and where to move witha understanding what role they need to play.

I remember that Mexico side, I would go as far as to say that was even more impressive because I remember they had the ability to change from a 3 man defence to a 4 man defence within the flow of the game and do it perfectly.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Lord Spencer Serie A Thread: Round 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Lord Spencer Serie A Thread: Round 1

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:03 am

chinomaster182 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Intresting. But to my knowledge, he has used Nagatomo, Zanetti, Jonathon and Nagatomo. I assume Maicon will be used also in this position. Who else is there to use?

Other then Obi, those are all defenders. So I have to ask, if what your saying is true, he is forcing his formation on the wrong players more then I suspected.

Well... Maicon, Jonathan, Zanetti and Nagatomo are wingbacks who are used to running through the pitch. Jonathan looked very at home in his position, he looked like an on form Maicon.

Well yeah, I think it can work still. Just saying, LS said the coach prefers Full backs converted to the wings, but Midfielders converted to wing backs.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:27 am

The Franchise wrote:Intresting. But to my knowledge, he has used Nagatomo, Zanetti, Jonathon and Nagatomo. I assume Maicon will be used also in this position. Who else is there to use?

Other then Obi, those are all defenders. So I have to ask, if what your saying is true, he is forcing his formation on the wrong players more then I suspected.

I don't have access to the 2009 Genoa plans, and I am having difficulty finding them. But from what I remember, his main weng man Modest was CMF converted to a winger, and he occasionlly used Rossi as a winger, and Rossi is a DMF. And he started 2010 by introducing Veloso, who is a DMF, into the left wing. So those are three examples of Gaspirini using midfielder as wingers instead of fullbacks, since he prefers his team to be able to switch play instantly and not only use width, which is what fullback usually do. He even used Motta in the wings sometimes. The notable exceptions are Mesto, and Criscito, the first being an actual wingback, and he former a defensive player.

Genoa no longer uses the 3-4-3 now though, so Gasp's plans cannot be seen again (unless you watch previous matches that is).
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:41 am

To get back on topic

I love Calcio Serie A <3
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:32 am

Brilliant analysis, Mr Spencer Thumbs up

You should sell it to goal.com Razz

I watched only Palermo v Inter, but with such an interesting 1st round I'll be sure to tune in on Serie A again next weekend Cool
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:59 am

@Art;

Then you luck Scouser tuned in to the best game.

I don't think Goal.com accept free lancing stuff.

And stay tuned for next week.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:08 am

I discussed Milan to death in the Milan section so I will not discuss that.

Juve? Didn't see the match and couldn't really careless.

But Roma I did see as the scoreline is misleading.

I feel Roma actually reminded me of Kenny's Liverpool of the old as he came in to a few mixed results and then bloomed.

How is it relevant? Roma were absolutely superb in possession and always looked lively and create some great chances.

The problem was that-

1. Cagliari pulled a stoke against Liverpool more then half of the match and parked more then 8 men in the box while the Romans sought to open the channel in the middle.

2. Finishing.

How did they lose? Cause someone in their wasn't smart enough to buy proper defense as I'm still wondering why the hell Burdisso is in their and why hasn't Mexes been replaced. Oh yea, i forgot, the highly rated Heinze is in there.

Their defense is crap.

Notes:

-Jose Angel is just another future LB in contention for the furia roja as he looked excellent but his challenge was daft.

- Osvaldo is average and was a HUGELY overpriced signing.

-Where was Pizzaro?

-Where was Lamela?

-Pjanic has an inconsistent game but showed what he is capable of at times. Brilliant signing to say the least but needs to have more freedom and focus on him. Should be taking the set-pieces from now onwards.

-Totti was brilliant IMO but unlucky to not break the seemingly 10 men wall.

- Borriello makes Luca Toni's speed look like Theo Walcott.

- Enrique MUST be given more time as these manager's systems take time in taking effect as once it does, result are overwhelmingly positive.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:11 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I discussed Milan to death in the Milan section so I will not discuss that.

I feel Roma actually reminded me of Kenny's Liverpool of the old as he came in to a few mixed results and then bloomed.

How is it relevant? Roma were absolutely superb in possession and always looked lively and create some great chances.

The problem was that-

1. Cagliari pulled a stoke against Liverpool more then half of the match and parked more then 8 men in the box while the Romans sought to open the channel in the middle.

2. Finishing.

How did they lose? Cause someone in their wasn't smart enough to buy proper defense as I'm still wondering why the hell Burdisso is in their and why hasn't Mexes been replaced. Oh yea, i forgot, the highly rated Heinze is in there.

Their defense is crap.

Notes:

-Jose Angel is just another future LB in contention for the furia roja as he looked excellent but his challenge was daft.

-Where was Pizzaro?

-Where was Lamela?

-Pjanic has an inconsistent game but showed what he is capable of at times. Brilliant signing to say the least but needs to have more freedom and focus on him. Should be taking the set-pieces from now onwards.

- Enrique MUST be given more time as these manager's systems take time in taking effect as once it does, result are overwhelmingly positive.

Roma got 60% possession, and only managed to shoot 16 shoots on goal. Cagliari in the other hand managed 10. You can have all the possession in the world, but if you don't use it you lose. You make a good point about the defense, and I agree completely. Louis Enrique focused too much on the offensive part, and I doubt Roma have answers in the defense.

I hope I am proven wrong though.

On another note, I will suspend judgment on Enrique for 8 games.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:29 pm

Boriello is a mid table player, unfortunately some of those make it into the bigger teams because of a miracle season at a smaller club. He got a superb pass near the end in which he had a horrible touch on. Would have been 1 on 1 against the keeper no doubt.

Osvaldo seems a bit slow. He looks strong, but how is his technique and specially passing ability? I havent seen enough of him, but he reminded me a little of Boriello with his physical presence in the last game. I hope he isnt too similar.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:39 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:I discussed Milan to death in the Milan section so I will not discuss that.

The problem was that-

2. Finishing.

Their defense is crap.

Notes:

-Where was Pizzaro?

-Where was Lamela?

Roma got 60% possession, and only managed to shoot 16 shoots on goal. Cagliari in the other hand managed 10. You can have all the possession in the world, but if you don't use it you lose. You make a good point about the defense, and I agree completely. Louis Enrique focused too much on the offensive part, and I doubt Roma have answers in the defense.

I suspect the 60% possession figure tabulated when Angel was sent off as before that Roma was in fact very dominant in possession.

16 shots on goal is quite a lot if you ask me yet the finishing simply was poor out of Osvaldo and Borrielo's incompetence.

The possession wasn't as effective as it should be, but was effective as they simply were lacking the killer instinct in the final 3rd.

Enrique's defensive tactics? I feel its more down to individual mistakes as the quality back there is lacking.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:21 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

The problem was that-

2. Finishing.

Their defense is crap.

Notes:

-Where was Pizzaro?

-Where was Lamela?

I suspect the 60% possession figure tabulated when Angel was sent off as before that Roma was in fact very dominant in possession.

16 shots on goal is quite a lot if you ask me yet the finishing simply was poor out of Osvaldo and Borrielo's incompetence.

The possession wasn't as effective as it should be, but was effective as they simply were lacking the killer instinct in the final 3rd.

Enrique's defensive tactics? I feel its more down to individual mistakes as the quality back there is lacking.

I actually meant to say only 6 (7) shots on target out of 16. The Cagiliari keeper was a beast.

And for the defensive tactics, I meant Enrique's ignoring the need for a quality CB when the market was open and only going for offensive players bar the keeper.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3