Wenger: 'I could write a book on this summer'

Go down

Wenger: 'I could write a book on this summer' Empty Wenger: 'I could write a book on this summer'

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:36 am

, the Frenchman argued that the new quintet may have allayed certain concerns - inside and outside of the Club. Especially after Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri were allowed to leave in big-money moves.

"Yes, the other players could have been a little bit worried about our ambition when they see big players moving out and not big players coming in," admitted Wenger.

"When you are a big player the confidence you gain when you look around is about who is around you. It's important for a football player.

"But there was no resentment. There was maybe more, from the players who were here, uncertainty about our potential and our determination to strengthen the squad. But we have mastered the timing of that.

'It's like in a company. When you're half-in and half-out, it's not as good as if you're complete in. That happened at the start of the season.

"But in our job, like in any given job, you have to create some collective and you need everybody to be in on board and focused on it. If you don't have that, it's much more difficult.

"And I must say that Fabregas and Nasri played completely well and respectfully. But they were not completely here."

"Honestly," the manager went on, "I could write a book about the summer. I think it would quite be an interesting one. Not because of me but because of all that happened, it was quite unbelievable. And you would see that it was not as easy as it can look from outside.

"Of course I'm not the only one who controls things [in this situation]. It's the clubs who buy, the players as well, the determination of the players, because they change sometimes their mind as well."

http://www.arsenal.com/home
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wenger would make millions, if he makes that book.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Wenger: 'I could write a book on this summer' Empty Re: Wenger: 'I could write a book on this summer'

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:40 am

Wenger - We kept a cool head to land targets

“I think we kept our head cool,” he said. “We had a lot of uncertainty about - it was the most disturbed pre-season we have had since I have been here because we had the uncertainties about the players going out.

“There were two big, massive cases - [Cesc] Fabregas and [Samir] Nasri - and then we had the problem of the injuries as well. We didn’t know for a long time if Nasri would go or not.

“Then we had the fact that we could only complete the transfers very late. It was only possible then, and it was unbelievable how it happened finally.

“Also we had this big cloud of Udinese in our heads and we knew that the season would be played on that. But it explains why we are where we are at the moment.”

Wenger admitted the late flurry of transfer activity was unlike his usual style, but conceded that the deals were necessary and logical to improve the squad.

“It’s very unlike Arsenal, but (it happened) because the players were not available.

“We didn’t do anything stupid and what we did made sense because on the financial side and the quality of the player side and the experience we needed it. It is now down to me and to the players to show that I made the right decisions.“

http://www.arsenal.com/home
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down