Leaving Inzaghi out of CL is a blessing in disguise and a smart tactical move?

+10
Rossoneri Ninja
cripsy dipsy
BiasedMilanFan3
DRK
arabprince
Cruijf
Milantildeath
Chagur
Superpeppe
Grande_Milano
14 posters

Go down

Leaving Inzaghi out of CL is a blessing in disguise and a smart tactical move? Empty Leaving Inzaghi out of CL is a blessing in disguise and a smart tactical move?

Post by Grande_Milano Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:01 pm

I was disappointed with Pippo missing out of CL, and people like De Sciglio getting his place.

But, here are few points for Allegri doing it right:

1) Inzaghi will be probably not getting CL time, as Cassano and Rob are ahead in pecking order. Plus, injuries following him convinced Allegri to leave him. Plus, having De Sciglio as super-emergency might pay off (God knows what might happen).

2) Allegri wants Inzaghi to convince him, that he is still manageable player, and if yes, include him in winter list. Testing Inzaghi in CL group stages in his unfit conditions is costly.

3) We are getting Vice-Ibra. And started to prepare now. Let Inzaghi choose new club, and get new striker in January. Who is vice-Ibra? You know who... Certain bad boy from English club, who has far too great competition for starting spot.

Just few thoughts about why this strange decision was made, and I am leaning towards 3rd choice
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Leaving Inzaghi out of CL is a blessing in disguise and a smart tactical move? Empty Re: Leaving Inzaghi out of CL is a blessing in disguise and a smart tactical move?

Post by Superpeppe Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:10 pm

If they let Pippo go it will be a big mistake.
I know I'm being sentimental but Pippo scores goals. We need him to finish games.
In January he better be there
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Leaving Inzaghi out of CL is a blessing in disguise and a smart tactical move? Empty Re: Leaving Inzaghi out of CL is a blessing in disguise and a smart tactical move?

Post by Chagur Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:26 pm

Putting De Sciglio was a necessity.Afrer Oddo's departure we have only 3 "club-trained" players (Antonini,Pato,Abate),furthermore we have only Abate on the RB (i'm almost sure Zamb will play like a LB).
Besides,the only reason why Pippo was expelled form the list-his physical conditions.

Anyway I like Allegri, he shows his balls again.
Chagur
Chagur
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:54 pm

Allegri might not be the best tactician, but his attitude towards players is what we lacked under Leo ("impress me to get a place in a team")
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:34 am

I like everything about Allegri, very much the manager that was desperately needed in Milan. He has no favorites, plays players based on form and not their name which makes everyone play that much harder. Reminds me of dare I say Sir Alex
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:58 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Allegri might not be the best tactician, but his attitude towards players is what we lacked under Leo ("impress me to get a place in a team")

Yep. Having to actually put in the effort in training to get a spot on the team is helping us immensely IMO. I have to agree with superpeppe though, and say that selling pippo would be downright idiotic.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Unless there is major drama, like Inzaghi freaking out, I don't see us ever selling him. He is a legend and still performs for Milan (I'm still so proud of his brace against Madrid). Class is permanent. And he loves Milan, I don't think he will ever leave.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Even though Inzaghi has played for several teams in his career I really couldn't see him wearing another teams jersey besides ours, plus if he wants to leave why do it now? After taking a pay cut to stay here? I don't see him ever wearing another teams jersey for the rest of his career

Last edited by DRK on Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wanted to make sure I added our jersey in the text)
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:59 pm

Well we better hope that our other strikers actually start to kick some serious goals in Europe to justify the exclusion of Inzaghi
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cripsy dipsy Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:55 am

Milantildeath wrote:I like everything about Allegri, very much the manager that was desperately needed in Milan. He has no favorites, plays players based on form and not their name which makes everyone play that much harder. Reminds me of dare I say Sir Alex

Got that wrong, allegri indeed has a favorite in Mr big nose Afro

Can someone pls explain the meaning of 'home grown players'
cripsy dipsy
cripsy dipsy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagur Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:05 am

cripsy dipsy wrote:
Milantildeath wrote:I like everything about Allegri, very much the manager that was desperately needed in Milan. He has no favorites, plays players based on form and not their name which makes everyone play that much harder. Reminds me of dare I say Sir Alex

Got that wrong, allegri indeed has a favorite in Mr big nose Afro

Can someone pls explain the meaning of 'home grown players'

Player who has been with club at least for 2 years since he turned 15
Chagur
Chagur
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:15 am

Grande_Milano wrote:I was disappointed with Pippo missing out of CL, and people like De Sciglio getting his place.

But, here are few points for Allegri doing it right:

1) Inzaghi will be probably not getting CL time, as Cassano and Rob are ahead in pecking order. Plus, injuries following him convinced Allegri to leave him. Plus, having De Sciglio as super-emergency might pay off (God knows what might happen).

Cassano and Binho are not his competition, as they are second strikers/playmakers, his competitor is Pato who is our only other pure goal scorer, who is also far superior and more equipped for the season ahead

2) Allegri wants Inzaghi to convince him, that he is still manageable player, and if yes, include him in winter list. Testing Inzaghi in CL group stages in his unfit conditions is costly.

This could well be the case, but imo Inzaghi is no longer part of our plans, he is way behind the others in terms of preperation ( physically ) and will take months to regain some adequate lvl of fitness. Realistically he won't make it back, Allegri would've realised that atm theres no value in bringing Inzaghi to cl, in his current condition he'd only be able to last 20 mins tops in top european competitions, its harsh but logically theres no point in bringing Inzaghi.

3) We are getting Vice-Ibra. And started to prepare now. Let Inzaghi choose new club, and get new striker in January. Who is vice-Ibra? You know who... Certain bad boy from English club, who has far too great competition for starting spot.
My fingers are crossed .. Da Munster and Pato in same starting 11 Leaving Inzaghi out of CL is a blessing in disguise and a smart tactical move? So-much-win-face_normal

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:35 am

So inzhagi cant break Raul's CL scoring record cheers
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:41 am

who could forget this..

i was hoping to see this once again...:/.......
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:25 am

shamr9pato wrote:who could forget this..

Yeah, I remember this. What a beast. Sure, Inzaghi isn't the most versatile, the strongest or the fittest player out there, but he's managed to master his niche in the game. He is one of those strikers that doesn't just score the goals, you get a sense that he really knows 'how to score' with every touch he makes and in every situation.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:02 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
shamr9pato wrote:who could forget this..

Yeah, I remember this. What a beast. Sure, Inzaghi isn't the most versatile, the strongest or the fittest player out there, but he's managed to master his niche in the game. He is one of those strikers that doesn't just score the goals, you get a sense that he really knows 'how to score' with every touch he makes and in every situation.
I'd honestly like to think he can still do what we have expect of him, but you guys really have to understand that his body is in terrible condition after that injury i don't expect him to have recovered completely.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:38 pm

Despite Inzaghi not being a starter, he is probably the most dangerous sub in the world. Can create goal out of nowhere, when whole team gave up playing. His conditions must ve been really bad, if Allegri decided to keep him out of CL.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:41 pm

A mistake I think. Inzaghi is a big influence and is a cool, experienced head in the high pressure games of the Champions League, he also is one of the most intelligent strikers of all time, always in the right place and often pops up with a crucial goal when it's needed. If, in a game you need a goal and you look to your bench you want to see a player like Inzaghi there, I'd bring him on in that sort of situation over almost any other of Milan's strikers. Why not just included him, even if it's just as a backup player. What harm can it do?
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:02 pm

aford92 wrote:A mistake I think. Inzaghi is a big influence and is a cool, experienced head in the high pressure games of the Champions League, he also is one of the most intelligent strikers of all time, always in the right place and often pops up with a crucial goal when it's needed. If, in a game you need a goal and you look to your bench you want to see a player like Inzaghi there, I'd bring him on in that sort of situation over almost any other of Milan's strikers. Why not just included him, even if it's just as a backup player. What harm can it do?

There is no harm in bringing him to cl , the problem however is who's spot do you give up, imo its not worth it. First let us see what he is capable of first.. we haven't seen him in a competitive match for quite some time, and was currently duking it out with the primavera boys.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:04 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:
aford92 wrote:A mistake I think. Inzaghi is a big influence and is a cool, experienced head in the high pressure games of the Champions League, he also is one of the most intelligent strikers of all time, always in the right place and often pops up with a crucial goal when it's needed. If, in a game you need a goal and you look to your bench you want to see a player like Inzaghi there, I'd bring him on in that sort of situation over almost any other of Milan's strikers. Why not just included him, even if it's just as a backup player. What harm can it do?

There is no harm in bringing him to cl , the problem however is who's spot do you give up, imo its not worth it. First let us see what he is capable of first.. we haven't seen him in a competitive match for quite some time, and was currently duking it out with the primavera boys.

Well, what is the CL squad looking like at the moment without him? Surely with 25 spaces, there is easily enough room for him.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down