lszanto
Kick
El Chelsea Fuerte
19 posters

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Go down

The Official Loan Update Thread Empty The Official Loan Update Thread

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:48 am

So, since we have a lot of promising youngsters being sent on loan around the world and in leagues where we don't get regular info from, we will use this thread to keep a weekly update on their performances. Courtesy of [url=http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/]WAGNH[/url] of course. Smile

We currently have ten players on loan:

1) [b]Courtois[/b] to Atletico for the 2011/12 season

2) [b]Kalas[/b] to Dutch side Vitesse Arnhem for the season

3) [b]Davila[/b] to Vitesse Arnhem for the season

4) [b]Bruma[/b] to Hamburg for the season, with the option of another season's extension

5) [b]Benayoun[/b] to Arsenal for the season. [blur]Like I care what he does over there [/blur]

6) [b]Rhys Taylor[/b] to Rotherham until February 1, 2012.

7) [b]Matej Delac[/b] to Czech side SK Dynamo for the season

8 ) [b]Gael Kakuta[/b] to Dijon for remainder of season

9) [b]Ben Gordon[/b] to Kilmarnock for remainder of season

10) [b]Aanholt[/b] to Vitesse for remainder of season

11) [b]Sam Walker[/b] to Yeovil Town for the rest of the season

12) [b]Josh McEachran[/b] to Swansea for the rest of the season

The list will be updated when we have more players going out or deals being finished.

Wish 'em well!

Last edited by english_jewel on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:21 am; edited 22 times in total

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

The Official Loan Update Thread Empty Re: The Official Loan Update Thread

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:53 am

Chelsea FC loan roundup: 9/5/11:

* Sam Walker has been the regular starter for Northampton Town so far this season. He's played every minute of their 9 games thus far, and has generally left a solid impression. He's regustered 34 saves in his League, Johnstone Paint, and Carling Cup games thus far this season and has done nothing to show any signs of losing his place in the team. Walker does need to work on controlling his area better, but other than that there has been little to complain about with his performance.

* Thibaut Courtois was expected to push incumbent backup Joel hard for playing time at Atletico, but it doesn't look like that was all that much of an issue for him. After sitting in his club's first Europa qualifier due to a slight knee issue, Courtois has started both the final Europa qualifier for the club and their La Liga opener. He's managed to keep clean sheets in both contests, and while he wasn't particulary challenged in his La Liga debut he made an incredible save in the Europa League tie. The highlights of that match can be found after the jump, and the save is a beauty.

* Tomas Kalas just arrived at Vitesse Arnhem on August 22nd and began training with the club on the 24th. He was in uniform for their trip to Amsterdam to face Ajax just 2 days later, but was an unused substitute on the bench. Now that he's had some training with the first team, Kalas is expected to start regularly. If rumor is to be believed, he will be featuring as their starting right back as soon as this coming weekend against AZ Alkmaar. I'm very interested to see how Kalas plays on the right, as Chelsea desperately need some talent in the youth ranks capable of filling in there in the future and his skills on the ball certainly would lead me to believe he'll excel there.

* Ben Gordon reported to Peterborough after returning from the U20 world cup and has been eased into regular duty there. He's featured twice as a substitute, playing first 30 minutes against Ipswich and then 45 against Middlesboro before failing to feature in an away loss to Brighton. He's been fairly solid in both showings, and is certainly adding noticeable width to the Peterborough attack when he enters the game. Hopefully he begins to start regularly once they return from the international break.

* Milan Lalkovic has featured twice for Doncaster, playing the full 90 against Derby while coming on for the final 30 minutes against Bristol City. Lalkovic has looked threatening, but there doesn't seem to be much familiarity in the injury ravaged Doncaster strike force at the moment. Lalkovic was left out of the Carling Cup tie against Leeds as to avoid being cup tied, so that can only be seen as a positive sign about his standing with Chelsea.

* Jeffrey Bruma has started in 2 out of the first 3 games this season for Hamburg, but that did not include their most recent game where new signing Slobodan Rajkovic started in his place. Bruma has been less than impressive so far, although Hamburg have been playing an ultra conservative deep line that is poorly suited to his strengths. It will be interesting to see if Bruma beats out former Chelsea man Michael Mancienne for playing time, or if he simply begins to see action in other positions. As long as he's playing I'll be happy to see him play all over the pitch.

Benayoun, Kakuta, Aanholt and Davila have not been given debuts yet.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:47 am

High hopes for Courtois, hopefully he does a De Gea at Atletico
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:20 pm

kick mars wrote:High hopes for Courtois, hopefully he does a De Gea at Atletico

But not a De Gea like at united Laughing

Good idea for a thread, i'm keen to see progression, hopefully Owen Coyle can reproduce his magic.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:05 pm

Following the Chelsea players on loan for the week of 9/9-9/15:

*Atletico Madrid will be playing twice during the upcoming week. They'll begin with a trip to Valencia on Saturday at 4 PM. They'll then be off until Thursday when Celtic come to Madrid for a Europa League tie for a 3:00 PM start. I'd be surprised if Thibaut Courtois doesn't start both of these games.

*Vitesse Arnhem only has one match on the agenda for this week. They'll be squaring off at AZ Alkmaar on Saturday at 1:45 PM. Both Tomas Kalas and Ulises Davila will be available, and neither has yet debuted for Vitesse. Rumor has it that Kalas will be playing RB primarily for Vitesse.

*Benayoun- Arsenal have two fixtures for the coming week. They play newly promoted Swansea at the Emirates Saturday at 10AM before flying out to Germany for a tantalizing Tuesday 2:45 PM Champions League fixture with Borussia Dortmund.

*Wigan also have 2 fixtures this week. Saturday they have a 10 AM start at Manchester City, and Tuesday they will play a Carling Cup tie at Crystal Palace starting at 3 PM. It will be interesting to see if Aanholt gets the start against City, but if he doesn't I'd rest assured we'll see him in the Carling Cup this week.

*Bolton only have one fixture this week. They'll be hosting defending champion Manchester United this Saturday at 12:30 PM. Like PvA, Gael Kakuta will have a very stiff first test if he's immediately put into the starting lineup. I'd expect to see him start on the bench this week, as it's a tough spot for a youngster to debut with his new club after only a week.

*Sam Walker will likely get two more runs for Northampton this week. Saturday at 10 AM they will be home to face Torquay United, and then on Tuesday they will take to the road to face Wimbledon at 2:45 PM.

*Milan Lalkovic is nearing the end of his initial loan period at Doncaster Rovers, but will likely get another run at Cardiff this Saturday at 10 AM. Hopefully he gets on the scoresheet this week.

*Ben Gordon will hopefully get a start this week as well. Peterborough will host Hull City at 10 AM Saturday.

*Finally, Jeffrey Bruma will hopefully be involved despite the fact that Hamburg didn't play him last week. He'll be on the road at Werder Bremen Saturday at 12:30 PM, and hopefully the club will have him on the pitch.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:08 pm

So far Courtois is looking like the real deal, made some great saves today. I think we got a real Bargin here.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:43 pm

Chelsea loan roundup and the week ahead: 9/16/11

*Yossi Benayoun - I'll start with the elder statesman of the group. Benayoun featured twice for Arsenal this week, coming on in the 63rd minute against Swansea and then playing the full 90 in the Champions League tie against Borussia Dortmund. Yossi was about the same player we've come to expect, and it was nice to see him getting some playing time. He'll have two more opportunities to play this week for his new club. Arsenal play at Blackburn on 9/17 at 7:45 AM EST before hosting Shrewsbury on 9/20 at 2:45 PM EST in a Carling Cup tie. I'd be surprised to see Benayoun participate in the cup tie, as Arsenal typically field a very young squad for those matches.

*Thibaut Courtois had a very impressive week. He cemented himself as the regular starter with two more solid efforts in goal for Atletico. Last Saturday he made several very nice saves in the club's 1-0 loss to Valencia before keeping yet another clean sheet midweek against Celtic. To this point in the season, Courtois has been one of the most impressive players in La Liga. If you have access to any of their matches, there will be two more chances to see Coutois play this week. Atletico will play Sunday 9/18 at home against Racing Setander at noon EST before hosting Sporting Gijon on 9/21 at 2 EST. I'd expect two more starts for the big Belgian, and the way he's been playing I'd be surprised if there's not at least one more clean sheet in there. Goalkeepers are tough to evaluate based on what we see watching the games, but it's not hard at all to see why we targeted Courtois.

*Tomas Kalas and Ulises Davila had quiet weeks in the Netherlands. Kalas was an unused sub and Davila was not included in the squad in a 4-0 loss to AZ Alkmaar. The two will both likely see their first action of the campaign tomorrow as Vitesse host the much weaker Roda JC at 1:45 PM EST. I'd expect to see Kalas start and Davila will likely be on the bench for this one.

*Jeffrey Bruma was an unused substitute in his club's only fixture last week. Werder Bremen defeated Hamburg 2-0 as Frank Arnesen's new club continued their ultra defensive tactics. They take the pitch again tomorrow morning as they host Borussia Monchengladboch at 9:30 AM EST. I have no idea what to make of the situation in Hamburg, I really hope that Bruma can beat out Michael Mancienne for some playing time soon.

*Patrick van Aanholt got his first run as a Lactic this week. After sitting out the drubbing they recieved at the feet of Sergio Aguero last weekend, PvA got his first start and played the full 90 in Wigan's 2-1 Carling Cup loss to Crystal Palace. PvA looked pretty good in general in this contest, as most of the Wigan threat came down the left flank. The defense was a bit unorganized, but that's to be expected when the club ran out 4 different players than they did last weekend. I'd expect to see PvA challenging for a start tomorrow morning when Wigan travel to Everton for their 10 AM EST contest.

*To no one's surprise, Gael Kakuta wasn't thrown to the wolves in Bolton's 5-0 drubbing at the hands of Manchester United. He did, however, play extremely well in 90 minutes against a strong Arsenal reserve side midweek. He'll likely see his first senior action for Owen Coyle's side this week as Bolton have two fixtures on the agenda. They host Norwich City tomorrow at 10 AM EST before traveling to Aston Villa for a 2:45 EST Carling Cup game on 9/20. I'm not sure if he'll be allowed to feature in the Carling Cup as he's only a half season loan, but I'd certainly expect Coyle to let him get his feet wet against Norwich. Here's hoping he impresses, as he's certainly another interesting player we could use next season (or even in the second half this year).

*Ben Gordon was an unused substitute in Peterborough's 1-0 loss to Hull City. He'll have a chance to return to the pitch as the club hosts Burnley tomorrow at 10 AM EST.

*Sam Walker had an exceptional week for Northampton. He kept a pair of clean sheets for the league 2 side in games against Torquay United and AFC Wimbledon. While he's certainly still on the fringes of the goalkeeper discussion for the future, Walker is showing that he looks to be a capable stopper for someone. He'll have a chance to make it three straight clean sheets when the club travels to Macclesfield tomorrow at 10 AM EST.

*Milan Lalkovic only played the second half last week against Cardiff City after traveling to Kazakhstan on international duty. He was again dangerous despite not finding the back of the net, and it wouldn't surprise at all if he gets his first start this weekend. Doncaster travel to Reading tomorrow at 10 AM EST in what is the last game of Milan's initial loan deal. I don't think it would surprise anyone to see the loan extended until January, especially if Lalkovic features tomorrow.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:54 am

Our boys were at it again last night with both Benayoun and Kakuta scoring in their respective Cup matches.

Kakuta's was a beauty(seen @ 23s):

From goal.com(I know, I know, but it's all I've been able to find so far):
Rating: 8.0
A very lively performance from the on-loan Chelsea man, who saw an early chance blocked by Dunne and was a real creative force throughout, thoroughly deserving his goal.

I'm looking to try and find out some more about his performance/longer highlights of the game and i'll let you guys know if I find anything.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Chelsea FC loan roundup: 9/22/11

*Thibaut Courtois - I was pretty high on the job Courtois did last week, and this week has done nothing to dim my opinion. Courtois started both games that Atletico played (Setander and Gijon), and kept both clubs from finding the back of the net. Courtois has now played six games for Atletico and allowed only a single ball to get by him. He's easily been the best of the bunch that Chelsea has sent out on loan to this point, and he's looking like a very wise purchase indeed. This week will be an interesting one to watch, as Atletico begin with a trip to Camp Nou on Saturday. That game kicks off at 4 PM EST, so it won't conflict with any games in England if you want to watch (it's on ESPN 3 for North American readers). They also have another Europa League tie on Thursday, this time traveling to Rennes to square off against rumored summer Chelsea target Yann M'Vila. That one will go off at 1 PM EST.

*Yossi Benayoun - Yossi has quickly worked his way into Arsene Wenger's rotation at Arsenal. While he was an unused substitute in the debacle at home against Blackburn last weekend, he played the full game in the Carling Cup tie against Shrewsbury, both scoring and assisting in the contest. Yossi picked up a knock in the waning minutes of that contest, and it appears unlikely that he'll feature in either of their contests this week.

*Tomas Kalas - Tomas Kalas finally made his debut at Vitesse Arnhem this week, starting both of their contests. He played 79 minutes in the 5-0 drubbing of Roda JC on Saturday and was very good in the center of the defense. He then played the entire contest in the cup tie against NAC Breda on Tuesday and was easily the best player on the pitch. Vitesse advanced to the next round of the competition after a 0-0 draw in 120 minutes was won in penalties. Vitesse are off until Sunday when they will travel to Excelsior for a 10:30 AM EST contest.

*Ulises Davila - Like teammate Tomas Kalas, Davila made his debut this week as well. He started on the left wing in both contests this week, playing 68 minutes against Roda before playing 77 against Breda. Davila hasn't yet netted for Vitesse, but he's looked very solid on the wing so far. Vitesse don't appear to lack options in the attack at this point, so I'd expect he'll need to continue to impress to keep his spot in the starting 11. So far so good though, and like Kalas he'll likely start on Sunday vs Excelsior.

*Jeffrey Bruma - Bruma is struggling to find the pitch lately, as last weekends game was his third straight as an unused substitute. The decision to sell Slobodan Rajkovic there at this point seems baffling to me, as it's now seemingly put Bruma into a very similar situation as he was at here. He'll hopefully get some time on the pitch tomorrow, as Hamburg travel to Stuttgart for a 2 PM EST start.

*Gael Kakuta - I was expecting to see Gael Kakuta feature in Bolton's weekend clash with Norwich, but that likely went out the window when Owen Coyle's side went down to ten men. Kakuta did, however, make his debut on Tuesday in the Carling Cup draw against Aston Villa. While the game was not televised, Kakuta was by all accounts the best player on the pitch that evening. He was on the right wing, and he capped his performance off with a beautiful goal which we posted that evening. He was good enough that I'd fully expect to see him featuring more regularly for the club, and this week might offer a nice wide open game for Kakuta to make an impact in. Bolton head to the Emirates for a 10 AM start on Saturday morning. That game will be the featured one on FSC.

*Patrick van Aanholt - After impressing in his debut in the Carling Cup loss to Crystal Palace, PvA got his second crack in the starting lineup on their trip to Everton. Despite the 3-1 loss, PvA looked pretty solid on the defensive end and was menacing on the left flank. He's certainly looked like a capable Premier League starter to this point, and I'd expect to see him continue to play regularly. This week he'll be tested if he starts, as Wigan host Luka Modric and his chicken badge wearing teammates at 10 AM Saturday morning.

*Milan Lalkovic - As was already pointed out, Lalkovic will be staying at Doncaster for another month on loan. He was again a second half substitute against Reading last weekend, and he immediately began to create havoc with his speed and attacking runs. Lalkovic will likely be getting his first start in one of Doncaster's contests this week, as they have two games to play at home. They host Crystal Palace on Saturday at 10 AM before Hull City come to town on Tuesday at 2:45 PM. Hopefully Lalkovic finds the back of the net this week as well as getting a start or two.

*Sam Walker - Sam again played 90 minutes this week, this time against Macclesfield Town. He allowed 3 goals to find the back of the net in the loss, but all three were probably nothing he could do anything about. He's been generally solid thus far, and will be starting again when Dag&Red come to town on Saturday morning at 10 AM.

*Ben Gordon - Gordon was not involved last weekend as an unused substitute on the bench. He'll likely see some minutes this week as Petersborough take the Avram Grant relegation tour of the Championship this week. They travels to London to square off with West Ham Saturday morning at 10 AM before heading down to Portsmouth Tuesday afternoon at 2:45 PM.

*Matej Delac - Delac was not on the bench this weekend as he had just joined the club earlier in the week. While I fully expect to see Delac as the eventual starter, he may not yet be fully acclimated to his new teammates yet and I'b be surprised to see him involved this week. If he does feature, however, his new club host Pilsen tomorrow afternoon.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:21 am

Bruma scored against Stuttgart Smile It was all over his twitter lol
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:16 am

Chelsea FC loan report: 9/29/11

*Tomas Kalas - Kalas was fantastic again in the center of the defense. He's been an absolute rock in the center of the Vitesse defense as they kept their 3rd clean sheet in the 3rd of Kalas's starts. Excelsior is not the strongest team Vitesse will face this season, but the defense was organised and didn't look like they could concede no matter how long they played. It will be interesting to see how they fare against the top teams in the Netherlands, but they'll have to wait on that type of fixture for a bit. This Saturday they'll host another mid-table team in Heereveen at 1:45 PM EST before the international break gives them some time off. I'd be shocked if Kalas is not firmly entrenched as a starter now, so 90 minutes seems likely.

*Ulises Davila - Davila started again on the left wing for Vitesse and was not as impressive as he was last week. Davila was a bit slow and indecisive on the ball, and was subbed off at halftime. He's shown flashes of being absolutely fantastic in his time at Vitesse, but I think he'll be tougher to evaluate until he becomes more comfortable with his new teammates and position on the flank. I'd expect him to play a part on Saturday, but Vitesse have been rotating their attackers regularly so it may come off the bench this week.

*Jeffrey Bruma - Bruma was inserted in the starting lineup versus Stuttgart due to Michael Mancienne's injury and he certainly made a very impressive case for himself to be a regular starter when the new manager is announced. Bruma certainly made an argument for being the man of the match for this game, even managing to find the back of the net. His passing accuracy was a bit low overall at only 69%, but other than that it was difficult to find a gripe with Bruma's game. It's also worth noting that most of Bruma's errant passes were in the other teams half of the pitch as he often pushed forward in the attack. His defense was generally excellent, and he often had to do the work of two players as Slobodan Rajkovic was remarkably poor overall and often forced Bruma into difficult situations. He'll likely start again for Hamburg Sunday when they take on Schalke 04 at 11:30 AM EST. In case you missed it earlier in the week, here's the highlights that include his fantastic goal against Stuttgart:

*Gael Kakuta - Kakuta was on the bench in Bolton's loss against Arsenal this weekend but did not feature. He was warming up before the red card by David Wheater reduced Bolton to ten, but that disadvantage probably ended any chance Kakuta had of making a cameo at the Emirates. Kakuta will not be available against Chelsea this weekend (part of the loan agreement), so his next opportunity to play for Bolton will be in mid-October. Chelsea can probably do their youngster a favor in his quest to start by shutting down the Bolton attack this weekend.

*Patrick Van Aanholt - PvA made his second Premier League start for Wigan against Tottenham, and he held his own in this one. He was solid defensively again and his passing was much better than it was against Everton. As you can see in the chalkboards below, PvA spent a lot less time pinned back in his defensive zone against Spurs than he did against Everton, and he generally only missed on longer passes in the attacking areas of the pitch. It appears PvA is cementing his place in the starting lineup, and he'll likely have a chance to further cement it Saturday morning when the Lactics travel to Villa Park for a 10 AM EST start.

The Official Loan Update Thread PvA__passing_sept_29_medium

*Sam Walker - Walker was again very solid in the team's 2-1 victory over Dag&Red on Saturday, allowing only a stoppage time volley to get by him after making a number of sensational saves throughout the match. Walker has been very good in his time on loan, and that streak will hopefully continue when his club travel to London to face off against Barnet this Saturday at 10 AM EST.

*Yossi Benayoun - Yossi missed the weekend fixture at Bolton with an injury and was also absent from the midweek Champions League fixture. I'd doubt we see him in action against Spurs Sunday at 11 AM EST, but you just never know how the injury situation at Arsenal will shake out.

*Matej Delac - Delac was again left out of the squad as he assimilates with his new squad. No surprises there yet, as it was unlikely that he'd be involved with so little work with the new club. I'd expect to see him make the bench as the backup keeper very shortly, possibly as soon as this Sunday when his club travel to Hradec Kralove. They also have a midweek cup game on 10/6 when they host Viktoria Zizkov.

*Milan Lalkovic - After extending his loan spell into late October, Lalkovic turned in his best performance at Doncaster to date. Lalkovic was inserted on the right wing after 57 minutes and the move immediately paid dividends. Lalkovic created havoc throughout his 35 minutes of action, and Doncaster managed to jump ahead when one of his driving runs created room for a long range effort. Lalkovic was widely regarded as the man of the match despite only being on for 35 minutes. Lalkovic was again a second half substitute against Hull on Tuesday, and again was among the best players on the pitch. Despite not having found the net yet, Lalkovic has seemed to be the key to making Doncasters attack dangerous. I'm really confused as to why he's yet to start as he's generally been one of the best players on the pitch, but hopefully that situation will correct itself soon. We'll see if Lalkovic is rewarded for several solid outings in a row on Saturday when Doncaster travels to Peterborough for a 10 AM EST start.

*Thibaut Courtois - Courtois faced the biggest test he'll likely face this season when Atletico traveled up to Barcelona. The scoreline was ugly at 5-0, but Courtois was not bad in the performance. He made a number of nice stops, but his defense repeatedly left him alone with the dangerous Barcelona attackers. All that said, he probably could have done better on several of the occasions he was left one on one with Lionel Messi. He was back to top form again against Rennes in the Europa League in Atletico's 1-1 draw this afternoon. It's hard to find fault in Courtois for being caught wrong footed when the ball deflected into the net off an Atletico defender, and he was again responsible for some superb saves. He'll be in action again as Atletico host Sevilla on Sunday at noon eastern. Here's the video highlights of the Barca game:

Personal Note:

Very pleased with PVA and Bruma. If both of these players live up to their potential then they have a real chance of starting in the near future. PVA continues to be strong defensively showing that he can defend, and Bruma, who has had a tough start to the season, is out-performing our former defenders. Like already said, he'll make a good case for the new Hamburg manager and I'm sure he'll have no problems giving Bruma starts as long as he maintains his form. The problem with Bruma has been that he has shown his talents various times but he hasn't been consistent, and his previous loan deals ended up with him playing as a DM. I'm disappointed with Kakuta's lack of action so far, but I think he has been unlucky with the amount of game time he has gotten because of various circumstances. I think we'll see more of him after our game with them. Lalkovic also had a nice showing and he could make his case for us in the future. Kalas and Courtois still have a long way to go, although they have been performing brilliantly.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:28 am

Good to hear about the players, to be honest, if PVA Bruma and Courtois are the only ones who improve from their loans I will be very happy.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:52 pm

kick mars wrote:Good to hear about the players, to be honest, if PVA Bruma and Courtois are the only ones who improve from their loans I will be very happy.

Why not Kakuta, who we can use as immediately as January? Sad

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:56 pm

I have given up on Kakuta in the same way as I gave up on Torres. lets hope he does what Torres did and prove me wrong.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:00 pm

Haha now now don't be too hasty Gael is still really young ⭐
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:04 pm

He is and I am aware of that which is why I still believe in him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:15 am

Kakuta needs to get proper playing time asap! Smile
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:17 am

kick mars wrote:I have given up on Kakuta in the same way as I gave up on Torres. lets hope he does what Torres did and prove me wrong.
dont mean to say i told you so, but scott sinclair has shwon 999999999999x the promise kakuta has, but thats done now

where can i read the recent news on our loan players, this thread hasnt been updated for a while and im a bit curious

EDIT: another :facepalm: was letting stoch go, that kids got talent too, not sure if he'll ever reach a world class level now that hes playing out of europes big leagues, but imo he was at least earned a loan spell at a mid table PL side to test him out before we sold him

Last edited by fatman123 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:00 am

Agreed, needs an update.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:41 am

The loan updates stopped for a while because Stephen was out somewhere where he didn't have a laptop

Chelsea FC Loan Roundup: 11/9/11

Tomas Kalas - Kalas has arguably been the most impressive of the players Chelsea has sent out on loan to date. When Kalas joined Vitesse there was speculation that he would be fighting for minutes and splitting time between the center of the defense and the right flank as he attempted to establish his role. That role didn't end up taking very long to establish, as Kalas has probably been the best player on the Vitesse roster as they continue to climb towards the top of the table. He's now started all 7 Eredivisie games and both Dutch Cup games in which Vitesse has participated in, a string of games in which Vitesse has allowed only 4 goals (1 of which was a penalty). There's little reason to think that anything but injury will stop Kalas from playing regularly, after his addition has been the catalyst to so dramatically improved a squad that allowed an astonishing 61 goals in the Eredivisie last season. I think stating that Kalas has seen his stock rise this season would be somewhat of an understatement.

Ulises Davila - Kalas's teammate at Vitesse, Davila has seen much more limited playing time. After starting several matches in early October, Davila has been relegated to the Vitesse bench. He has been playing regularly for the Vitesse reserve team though, and has lately been finding the back of the net (scoring again last week). Davila has been bounced all around the attacking third of the pitch, hopefully with his solid recent play at the reserve level he'll get inserted into a 1st team game again soon.

Thibaut Courtois - Courtois can certainly throw his name in the mix with Vitesse's Tomas Kalas as the most impressive of the Chelsea loanees to date. He immediately established himself as the first choice keeper at Atletico, and despite the general lack of any sort of defensive competence in front of him has kept a very respectable scoring record in both La Liga and the Europa League. We've been spoiled here at Chelsea for years with Petr Cech in the goal, but after watching Courtois regularly this year I really have a hard time believing there is a club out there with a better 2nd keeper under contract than we have with Courtois. We certainly made the right move buying when we did, I'd imagine the price tag on Courtois has gone up quite dramatically so far this season.

Jeffrey Bruma - Bruma had a slow start to the season, largely due to being stuck behind Michael Mancienne and Slobodan Rajkovic on the depth chart at Hamburg. When a Mancienne injury opened the door for Bruma he quickly seized the opportunity with a fantastic disply against Stuttgart. Since that time Bruma has been a regular starter in the center of the defense for Hamburg alongside Rajkovic and we can begin to see some of his strengths and weaknesses developing. Two notable weak spots have been his tackling and his aerial ability, as neither have notably improved since his time at Chelsea. His positioning, shot blocking, and ball clearing ability have looked much improved, and his passing and dribbling are already beyond any of our non-Luiz center backs. Bruma will be missing the next 1-2 weeks with a minor injury, but due to the international break that will likely not translate to much (if any) Bundesliga action.

Matej Delac - Not much to say about Delac at this point. It appears he has worked his way from third choice to second choice as he's been appearing on the bench in the last 4 matches, but he has yet to actually get on the pitch in this loan spell. Hopefully it happens fairly soon, as there is little chance of him getting a work permit if it does not.

Conor Clifford - Clifford just arrived at Yeovil Town, but was inserted into their first choice lineup immediately. Clifford was withdrawn early as he gets his fitness up to competitive levels, but looked lively throughout his time on the pitch. It will be good to get an extended look at Conor, as he's someone who is likely only on the fringes of the first team squad in the case of an injury crisis at this point.

Patrick van Aanholt - After featuring regularly with several solid displays early in his loan spell, van Aanholt seems to have fallen out of favor at Wigan. For the last 5 matches in a row, PvA has been left out of the matchday squad. It's unclear why van Aanholt has dropped out of favor all of a sudden, but if he doesn't start to see some playing time soon I'd guess he'll be recalled in January.

Gael Kakuta - Like van Aanholt, Kakuta seems to be out of favor at the moment in Bolton. Unlike van Aanholt, Kakuta is at least making the bench at Bolton. With Bolton struggling and in the relegation zone though, Owen Coyle seems to favor using his more experienced backups late in these matches. With Kakuta's deal scheduled to run only until January, I'd be shocked if we see that deal extended.

Sam Walker - Walker had his worst weekend since going on loan, allowing 4 goals to find the back of the net against Gillingham. Two of the goals came from the penalty spot though, and his manager had generally good things to say about Sam while chastising the defense in front of him. All in allWalker has definitely seen his stock rise this season.

Yossi Benayoun - I'm still mad at Yossi for his twitter remarks after the 5-3 loss to Arsenal, so I'm skipping him.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:25 pm

Chelsea FC Loan Roundup: 11/20/11

Jeffrey Bruma - Bruma was easily the highlight of the weekend on the Chelsea loan front. He returned from a minor injury that caused him to miss out on some Dutch first team action with a vengeance this week. Bruma had an absolutely fantastic defensive display, winning nearly every challenge and repeatedly intercepting the oppositions attempts to get in on goal. He also completed 84% of his passes to go along with 10 out of 12 successful long balls. This type of display is exactly what had him pressuring the first team regulars a year ago, and the way he's looked for the last month will probably have him in contention for regular minutes here next season. For what it's worth, whoscored had him rated as the top defender in the Bundesliga this week as well as being the MOTM for HSV. After watching the Chelsea/Scouse game, this one made me feel much better about the future of the high press/high line system.

Tomas Kalas - Kalas has been exceptional this season, but he didn't have the best of games this weekend. He came into the match a little beat up from international duty, and he seems to have picked up a more severe knock to his leg during the first half of Vitesse's 4-0 defeat. He was subbed out at 43 minutes of the first half, and there is no word on how sever the injury is yet. I'll make sure to let you know as soon as we hear more. It's hard to take much from this game as everyone in defense was pretty poor and Kalas wasn't moving particularly well.

Ulises Davila - Davila was an unused substitute again, but it's hard to put much into the snub this week. Vitesse had to use 2 substitutions by half time due to injuries and were simply in damage control by the time the second half started. The way he's been playing for their reserve side would lead me to believe he'll likely feature again soon after the first 11 have been struggling to score.

Matej Delac - Delac was again the 2nd choice keeper and did not get off the bench. Word is that he will be receiving some looks in cup competition soon.

Patrick van Aanholt - PvA continues to be left off the matchday squad for Wigan even though they've been terrible defensively. Chelsea does not appear to be happy with his lack of playing time, so a recall in January followed by a different loan deal wouldn't surprise me at all.

Gael Kakuta - Owen Coyle has had nothing but good to say about Kakuta in training, but he's still seeing very limited minutes. He made a stoppage time appearance against WBA, but hardly enough to do more than remind us he's still alive.

Thibaut Courtois - After becoming the youngest keeper to ever play for the Belgian national team in midweek, Courtois had a pretty solid performance against Levante. He was fantastic for most of the match, but conceded twice late as the clubs combined for 4 goals in the last 20 minutes in the 3-2 victory. It's hard to find too much fault in either goal though, as his defense didn't really mark anyone on either of them.

Sam Walker
- Sam had a bit of a nightmare this week, allowing 7 goals to get by him. Doing that the week your manager got fired is never a good thing, but hopefully Sam continues to get the nod between the posts. I can't imagine his job is in any real danger though as he's been amongst their best players (if not the best) this season.

Connor Clifford - Clifford again got the start in the center of the midfield in Yeovil's 2-2 draw. He was subbed out after 60 minutes but that appears to be match fitness related as opposed to performance related. I didn't get to see this one, but reports from the local press were generally very favorable for Clifford. It's good to see he's doing well and hopefully he continues to get runs in the first team.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:35 pm

Chelsea FC loan roundup - 12/1/11

Jeffrey Bruma - Bruma had another exceptional weekend for Hamburg, finding the back of the net for the second time this season. The game ended in a 1-1 draw, but honestly there was nothing to be done about the Hannover goal (which may be the goal of the season in Germany thus far). Bruma's goal can be found here if you'd like to watch it. Bruma was on the bench for Hamburg's midweek friendly against Rangers (they played Mancienne and Rajkovic), but it would be a real shocker if he wasn't again starting when Hamburg host Nurnberg this Sunday.

Tomas Kalas - The other Chelsea center back out on loan had another efficient outing for Vitesse. The game this past weekend with Twente ended in a 0-0 draw with chances hard to come by for both teams. Kalas again was a MotM contender, he's been exceptional so far this year.

Ulises Davila - Davila was again left out of the 18 man squad for Vitesse, but he again started and scored for their reserves. All reports on him have been fairly positive, Vitesse just have loads of similar talent in the squad. With the club struggling to score lately he may get his chance this weekend against Waalwijk.

Thibaut Courtois - Courtois had an eventful week. He looked solid early versus Real Madrid before taking out Karim Benzema and earning his first red. He bounced back with a commanding display yesterday as Atletico secured advancement in the Europa league, maintaining yet another clean sheet against Celtic. Here's his takeout against Real:

Patrick van Aanholt - I'm not sure he's not dead and buried somewhere in the Wigan training grounds. Wigan left him off the squad sheet for the 6th straight game last weekend as the club actually won. I can't imagine that Chelsea is going to allow him to stay there come 1/1 if he's still in the Roberto Martinez' basket, and I'd be surprised if he was involved when Wigan plays Arsenal this weekend.

Gael Kakuta - Any chance we'd get to see Kakuta again this weekend probably went out the window 19 minutes in when Bolton went down to 10 men. Bolton host Spurs this weekend, so here's hoping Gael gets a chance to stick it to a rival.

Conor Clifford - Clifford again started and was subbed midway through the 2nd half. He's been impressing the coaching staff at Yeovil thus far, and reports today suggest that the club is very interested in extending his loan spell. So far so good for Clifford, but it would be nice to see him make the jump to the Championship.

Sam Walker - Walker had another rough one against Plymouth Argyle, allowing 4 goals to slip by him during the contest. With the recent coaching change, I worry about whether or not Sam will end up getting a spell on the bench if these performances keep up. The defense there is in shambles though, so all blame can't be placed on Walker.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:31 pm

thanks for the update
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:07 pm

Patrick van Aanholt - PvA was ineligible to participate this weekend as Wigan hosted his parent club. I'd imagine we've seen the last of PvA in a Lactics uniform, but with three games between now and the new year there is always a chance we see him on the pitch again. I don't see any reason to believe he will not be recalled on January 1st.

Gael Kakuta - Kakuta's deal expires on the first, and it doesn't sound like there is any chance it will be extended. He was left off the matchday squad this weekend as well, and I'd be surprised to see him much in the next several weeks as Owen Coyle tries to find any combination that might help keep Bolton up to employ in the second half.

Conor Clifford - Clifford seems to have settled in nicely at Yeovil, and again played for an hour before being subbed off in a draw with Rochdale. Clifford was very lively and again created several chances, I'm not exactly sure why they continue to make so many substitutions in the midfield. There's not much to complain about though, he's been playing regularly and has been playing very well. He'll be one of the few remaining in action in the upcoming weeks.

Tomas Kalas - Kalas has been a mainstay for Vitesse and again played the full 90 in a clean sheet victory. As usual, Kalas was very solid in the win. The victory sees Vitesse head to the winter break in sixth and only 4 points out of third. Young Tomas needs to rest up, he'll likely continue to play every match as Vitesse makes a serious run at the Champions League for next season.

Ulises Davila - Davila has not been featuring much for Vitesse, but again was fairly solid for their reserve side this week. I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him get more action come the second half as I'm sure that Vitesse will be seeing several clubs making approaches about some of their young attacking talent and Bony Wilfried will certainly be taking part in the ACoN.

Jeffrey Bruma - Like Kalas, Bruma again played the full 90 for Hamburg over the weekend. HSV extended their unbeaten streak to eleven with the draw and enters the winter break in thirteenth. Considering that two months ago they seemed a lock to be relegated, they appear to be in good shape at the moment. Hamburg seems like it may be an excellent fit for both PvA and Gael Kakuta to try to actually get some pitch time in the second half, although who knows what the plan for those two may be.

Sam Walker - Walker was part of yet another loss, but it's again hard to find too much fault in either of the goals that got by him. Northampton's defense is an unmitigated disaster at this point but there doesn't seem to be any question that Walker is the first choice keeper. His contract is set to expire in June, so I'd expect to start hearing a bit about that situation in the next several weeks.

Thibaut Courtois - Courtois was also an the wrong side of a 2-0 loss this weekend, and like Walker it's hard to fault him too much for the goals that got by. Like Northampton, the Atletico defense is a bit of a shambles at the moment. All in all it's been a solid first half for Courtois both domestically and in Europe, hopefully Atletico will get some of their defensive issues sorted out over the break.

January's approaching guys! Expect to see a lot of loan changes!

Could a mod please sticky this thread?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:15 pm

Agreed, stickey!
Kick
Kick
Admin