This year's final in football's oldest competition.

+2
REWB
wigglesworth
6 posters

Go down

This year's final in football's oldest competition. Empty This year's final in football's oldest competition.

Post by wigglesworth Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:15 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln4TaZH3NYs

There are no divers, trust me.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

This year's final in football's oldest competition. Empty Re: This year's final in football's oldest competition.

Post by REWB Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:22 am

what has this got to do with football?

oh and btw i saw a diver..... :coffee:
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

This year's final in football's oldest competition. Empty Re: This year's final in football's oldest competition.

Post by wigglesworth Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:26 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:what has this got to do with football?

oh and btw i saw a diver..... :coffee:

Well, it is the original game, the closest to Harpastum, the original game of calcio or football in Europe.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:34 am

in florence!...but i didn't see Pauly D and the jersey shore crew, must be some kinda mistake :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:48 am

Where Calcio all began

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:12 am

Wtf i dont even understand.... you carry the ball across the field while other people box each other... how did this become football/soccer/calcio
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:17 am

zarola wrote:Wtf i dont even understand.... you carry the ball across the field while other people box each other... how did this become football/soccer/calcio

Very simply as people became less violent, they changed the rules. But Florentine Calcio, still played today, is the closest to the Roman game of Harpastum' or 'Small Ball Game', which is what the English developed rules for.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:20 am

wigglesworth wrote:
zarola wrote:Wtf i dont even understand.... you carry the ball across the field while other people box each other... how did this become football/soccer/calcio

Very simply as people became less violent, they changed the rules. But Florentine Calcio, still played today, is the closest to the Roman game of Harpastum' or 'Small Ball Game', which is what the English developed rules for.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:52 am

Hypocrite

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:15 am

??
seems like someone just thew a footy into some all in brawl

given the cage and the boxing looks more like MMA would originate from ths rather then football
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down