Internal
DeviAngel
wigglesworth
Onyx
Patrick Bateman
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Serie A teams - Title Contenders  - Page 2 Empty Re: Serie A teams - Title Contenders

Post by dostoevsky Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:17 am

Your attack has always been capable of winning you the scudetto since Calciopoli except for your injury crisis last year, the defence has always been what stopped you being title contenders.

When Dante says you need to earn the right to be called a contender he means that you need to prove you're a more stable team. You don't earn it on the transfer market, you earn it on the pitch.

Bias is thinking that because Juventus isn't considered a title contender for this season, the person knows nothing about the club.

Look at your back-ups in defence. When you're hit by suspensions and injuries you're going to need a lot of players to step up in ways they haven't done before or for quite a long time.

Dante's statement wasn't biased at all.

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Serie A teams - Title Contenders  - Page 2 Empty Re: Serie A teams - Title Contenders

Post by Forza Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:43 am

A note on 'bias': Everyone is biased. You can only see through your own eyes and everyone sees everything slightly differently, even if they agree. An online football forum is one of the places you would expect to see bias most obviously. Therefore, recognising 'bias' in itself is not a counter-argument, it has to be identified, but then it also has to be analysed in a way that shows how the bias has altered what a 'realistic' opinion should look like. Responding to bias with sarcasm makes no sense from my standpoint.

On to the issue:

Yes, Juve conceded far too many goals last year. When they finally get their defence sorted out, then they will be able to repel the best attacking players and get distribution from the back going again, everything will flow on from that.

I'm a great believer in building a team on the defence; you can't build a strong house without a foundation. If the defenders cannot do their job properly, the midfielders have to move back to help them, and that means the strikers have limited supply and have to work harder for chances.

I do see Bonucci/Barzagli as a real problem, as well as De Ceglie/Grosso.

Despite what I've said though, I wouldn't rule Juve out as contenders. They have come some way in rectifying their problems, especially in midfield. Yes, their back-ups aren't ideal (assuming Vidal starts instead of Marchisio), but they will always come into consideration as a serious threat at some point during the season.

Nevertheless, if you compare Juve to Milan, it's obvious that there are clear differences in quality. Juve are challengers, but Milan are the team to chase until proven otherwise. Wink Bias maybe? hahaha
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:45 am

Inter, A.C, Roma and Juventus for top 4. Just like the good old days. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:46 am

ppl forget that Rhodolfo is joining Juve in January ....and that Vidal has played CB for Chile had he was rock .... so we are covered there ... in midfield we have depth and quality same on the wings ...only the LB remain problem plus no EU football I tihnk we are up there ...

and we have far better squad than Lazio lol
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:48 am

ynwa wrote:Inter, A.C, Roma and Juventus for top 4. Just like the good old days. :coffee:

Except one of those 4 won't be in the CL like the old days... Sad
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:19 pm

All the teams look fantastic after their recruits

It will be a very competitive race this year, And i personally hope Roma wins the Serie A.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:25 pm

RealGunner wrote:All the teams look fantastic after their recruits

It will be a very competitive race this year, And i personally hope Roma wins the Serie A.

you traitor ! Sad
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:29 pm

To be honest i cant see anyone aprt from Milan and Inter winning the league.Both Juventus and Roma had too many changes in squad and personal and will need plenty of time to gel by which time they will probably be out of the title race.And i am not sure either Napoli or Lazio have the squad or mentality to sustain a title challenge.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:12 pm

lazio and roma's attack look awesome

btw our midfield will probably be

Aquilani/Robinho
Seedof/Aquilani-MVB-Boateng

Allegri said boateng will be a CM
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:18 pm

Fulling supporting Napoli to steal the title by season's end.

If not then I hope Inter win because they have a lot of players I like and respect. (Zanetti and Forlan on the same team? Classy as hell).

Also is it just me or is Milan's midfield kinda average looking?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:23 pm

Zealous wrote:Fulling supporting Napoli to steal the title by season's end.

If not then I hope Inter win because they have a lot of players I like and respect. (Zanetti and Forlan on the same team? Classy as hell).

yup.....but well survive,its solid defensively.thats what matters the most on a midfield for me

btw Im not even sure napoli will even reach top 4.They have the "big game flops" syndrome.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:23 pm

Serie A :bow:

btw i doubt Vidal will be Krasic back up lol....i think we will see this.....

Buffon
Lichtsteiner Bonucci Chiellini Estia
Pirlo Vidal
Krasic----------- Elia
Vucinic
Matri

Quagz, ADP, Marchisio, PDC, Pazienza, Barzagli on the bench fighting for spots.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:43 pm

sciacca wrote:

The all mighty Dante... some who call him one of the most intelligent milanista... and yet has a biased opinion on Juve. Typical, typical that one season for him means we are not contenders, and fails to realize that even after Calciopoli we managed to come to Champions twice, and sure no Scudetto, but it took Milan to win that Scudetto in how many years? Sure, we didn't win anything yet, but we will soon. But alright, if you think us as the same as last season then, Pirlo must be mediocore, Elia must be a flop, Vidal must be a chump(A player Giancarlo favored), Vucinic must suck, Matri never scored many goals in his career, Quagliarella is just some odd player, Del Piero is not a legend, Krasic has no class, the typical Milanista logic.

First of all . i am definitely not inteligent Razz

2nd , you kinda misunderstood my words. I watch Serie A since 12-13 , i know the club Juventus is. It's not just last year. When i said , Juventus need to prove that phrase on the pitch and more than others , i said it because for the last 2-3 seasons , you always make significant changes in the lineup and coach , but the result doesn't change.You always begin as title containters,but you don't just fail to achieve that goal, you fail to prove it on the pitch.

No bias , no typical Milanista logic. Just the truth.

The main reason i emphasised on Juventus , was only typical, to clear this out for the sake of the discussion. This summer doesn't differ much from previous summers,i am right? Bought a bunch of players and a new coach.Why Juventus should be considered as title contenters this time , when nothing new except the names , hasn't occured ?You are not winning the league in July-August, but in May, that's what i wanted to entertain.

Though , to the defence of Juve , this summer they made smart moves,you will surely improve compared to last season.
But this doesn't mean you can be considered as title contenters(at least not for now) , in my opinion.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Dont argue with Dante..... Sciacca!

He has license to kill Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:50 pm

Ganso wrote:
Zealous wrote:Fulling supporting Napoli to steal the title by season's end.

yup.....but well survive,its solid defensively.thats what matters the most on a midfield for me

btw Im not even sure napoli will even reach top 4.They have the "big game flops" syndrome.

Yeah Milan's attack and defence look good. It's just that their midfield could use some improving IMO.

As for Napoli well, I have a feeling they can come close.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:All the teams look fantastic after their recruits

Competitive and very interesting, may i add. Roma especially , look like another team compared to last season..i am not sure if they are ready to win it straight , but they aren't playing in Europe this season. Might just be a blessing in disguise for them , who knows.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Dont argue with Dante..... Sciacca!

lulzz..

yeap , me and 007 .. i just lack his car and his unbelieavable skill of ... good luck! ... Rolling Eyes
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Mole you forgot that he serves for the Army, My Soldati and Picciotto's won't be able to handle his men. :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Dante13 wrote:

lulzz..

yeap , me and 007 .. i just lack his car and his unbelieavable skill of ... good luck! ... Rolling Eyes

I meant you serve in the army surely you could find a weapon to deal with Sciacca :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:26 pm

Dante you corupt? I might need some :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:08 pm

[quote="Immaculate_Mole"]
Dante13 wrote:

I meant you serve in the army surely you could find a weapon to deal with Sciacca :coffee:

well , i could do that..but then i should running to hide until Highlander dies.. Razz

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Mole, I can't trust this guy. I bet you and him are planning to trap me or something

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:10 pm

sciacca wrote:Dante you corupt? I might need some :coffee:

sorry Sciacca , i don't follow

(i told you that i am not intelligent) Razz
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:15 pm

sciacca wrote:Mole, I can't trust this guy. I bet you and him are planning to trap me or something

A good Mole never reveals his true identity or aims :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Dante13 wrote:

"Don't play dumb with me Fella!"
"Give me what I want, or else your family is dead"
"You got 4 hours, If I don't find it, pray to the lord that I don't find you with your head chopped off."
"Burning in Hell with Saint Peter and the rest of your brothers"

:coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:26 pm

sciacca wrote:
Dante13 wrote:

"Don't play dumb with me Fella!"
"Give me what I want, or else your family is dead"
"You got 4 hours, If I don't find it, pray to the lord that I don't find you with your head chopped off."
"Burning in Hell with Saint Peter and the rest of your brothers"

:coffee:

Serie A teams - Title Contenders  - Page 2 The_godfather_horse_head
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next