Art Morte
McAgger
justdoit_
LeSwagg James
Gil
37 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Raul Meireles to Chelsea? - Page 4 Empty Re: Raul Meireles to Chelsea?

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:36 am

You already have so many midfielders...have to get rid of some

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:09 am

english_jewel wrote:You already have so many midfielders...have to get rid of some

Only problem is they got rid of the wrong one. King Kenny has done everything right since taking over at Liverpool. This I feel has been his first really big mistake. He will regret it severely.

Don't get me wrong, Jordan Henderson is fairly decent but I have no idea why he was starting ahead of Raul, and I think Raul was justified in thinking the same thing!

Ok if anything, you keep on Henderson and take off Lucas. Lucas has gotten slightly better I will not deny, but he is still rubbish.

Lastly, anyone who works well with Suarez and is in tune with Suarez' vision needs to start.

Bad bad mistake in my opinion and I think liverpool fans will be gutted at this.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:14 am

Giovanni10 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:You already have so many midfielders...have to get rid of some

Only problem is they got rid of the wrong one. King Kenny has done everything right since taking over at Liverpool. This I feel has been his first really big mistake. He will regret it severely.

Don't get me wrong, Jordan Henderson is fairly decent but I have no idea why he was starting ahead of Raul, and I think Raul was justified in thinking the same thing!

Ok if anything, you keep on Henderson and take off Lucas. Lucas has gotten slightly better I will not deny, but he is still rubbish.

Lastly, anyone who works well with Suarez and is in tune with Suarez' vision needs to start.

Bad bad mistake in my opinion and I think liverpool fans will be gutted at this.

The Lucas comment. :lol!:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:15 am

Nishank wrote:*bleep* you Chelsea.

Why are they so desperate for our players .. Neutral

Im 100% sure we would have got the same amount for Raul next year too.

Meh. Not that much of a loss. Sure he had a great month where he couldn't stop scoring, but we'll cope. We did when 'Nando left.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:15 am

Lucas is not rubbish LOL.

Him and Ramires are criminally under-rated.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:19 am

Lol, Lucas....Rubbish....lol.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:19 am

Giovanni10 wrote:

Ofcourse u are right Kenny should take of one of the best DM in the league and play Meireles there who is a poor tackler.Anymore suggestions to make Liverpool strong mate? Rolling Eyes

Maybe we should have kept Poulsen and sold Gerrard perhaps?

:lol!:

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:24 am

C'mon guys, Meireles was abig game player, performed well in his B2B role Liveprool since he was signed. Then suddenly, they get a youngster and bench him for no reason Very Happy
Disrespectful is the word that comes to my mind. He's got at least 2 year in him in top flight football Very Happy
He grabbed his chance to perform somewhere else. If you want a backup, you'll get one in january window, as far as Meireles goes, he was first team material Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:27 am

babun1024 wrote:C'mon guys, Mereilles was abig game player, performed well in his B2B role Liveprool since he was signed. Then suddenly, they get a youngster and bench him for no reason Very Happy
Disrespectful is the word that comes to my mind. He's got at least 2 year in him in top flight football Very Happy
He grabbed his chance to perform somewhere else. If you want a backup, you'll get one in january window, as far as Mereilles goes, he was first team material Very Happy

He was actually benched for being crocked in the pre-season. He was told he was going to get rotated. He didn't fit Kenny's system. That "youngster" will soon be benched by Stevie.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:28 am

ynwa wrote:
babun1024 wrote:C'mon guys, Mereilles was abig game player, performed well in his B2B role Liveprool since he was signed. Then suddenly, they get a youngster and bench him for no reason Very Happy
He grabbed his chance to perform somewhere else. If you want a backup, you'll get one in january window, as far as Mereilles goes, he was first team material Very Happy

He was actually benched for being crocked in the pre-season. He was told he was going to get rotated. He didn't fit Kenny's system. That "youngster" will soon be benched by Stevie.
You say it yourself he didn't fit Dalgish's plans. Why should he rot on the bench or be rotation material? He is first team material anywhere else Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:31 am

babun1024 wrote:
ynwa wrote:

You say it yourself he didn't fit Dalgish's plans. Why should he rot on the bench or be rotation material? he is first team material anywhere else Very Happy

Thus was sold to Chelsea.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:33 am

ynwa wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
ynwa wrote:

You say it yourself he didn't fit Dalgish's plans. Why should he rot on the bench or be rotation material? he is first team material anywhere else Very Happy

Thus was sold to Chelsea.
Yeah, I see it as a logical consequence. No need to be bitter about him(not you, I'm talking about other Pool fans who call him Judas, traitor or whatsever). He behaved like a professional during his time at Anfield. Thanks and good bye Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:34 am

The thing is mate Meireles is a weak tackler hence cant play as a CM for us in PL.And with us using Suarez in a free role and Gerrard about to return he isnt going to play as AM either.Also his good performances for us came as a Left winger for us last season not as box to box midfielder.Now we have natural LW in downing he has replaced Meireles there too.

He is a good player but already 28 and is a squad player(this doesnt mean he is poor) just that we have an immeasurably better player in Gerrard.With no European football there is not much room for rotation either and dont think we will get much for him next season.SO its kinda understandable why Meireles wanted to go and its makes perfect sense for us sell him too.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:38 am

babun1024 wrote:
Yeah, I see it as a logical consequence. No need to be bitter about him(not you, I'm talking about other Pool fans who call him Judas, traitor or whatsever). He behaved like a professional during his time at Anfield. Thanks and good bye Very Happy

Wait, someone called him Judas, traitor, etc? I'm sure no one on this forum has.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:39 am

I agree he is first team material anywhere else.

Ramires, underrated. Lucas, NO.

One of the best DM's in the league? - well, no. average. but then again all DM's in the EPL are average barring Yaya Toure. Just because Lucas can also pass the ball, he does not magically become world class.

Can I just ask you to cast your minds back to the Copa America, that pairing of Lucas and Ramires? yeah that worked very well.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:39 am

poolsupporter wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

Wait, someone called him Judas, traitor, etc? I'm sure no one on this forum has.
Sepi? Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:42 am

Giovanni10 wrote:I agree he is first team material anywhere else.

One of the best DM's in the league? - well, no. average. but then again all DM's in the EPL are average barring Yaya Toure. Just because Lucas can also pass the ball, he does not magically become world class.

Can I just ask you to cast your minds back to the Copa America, that pairing of Lucas and Ramires? yeah that worked very well.

I'm sure Messi is a flop and Suarez is the best player in the world then. I mean, we're using the Copa America as the source. Can't go wrong. Rolling Eyes

Also, :lol!: at the Lucas comment.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:44 am

We will see soon enough how Meireles shall do for Chelsea and only then we can judge who made the better deal.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:47 am

Giovanni10 wrote:I agree he is first team material anywhere else.

Now we all know Messi is rubbish now.Dont we?

And the player who made more tackles than anyone in Europe last season with the best successful tacking rate for a midfielder is not average.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:47 am

Would rather 15m than a disinterested *bleeper* so I couldn't care less if he outscores Torres and scores a hattrick against us.

Well, I may be mad if we lose because he's scored a hattrick against us. :geek:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:48 am

ynwa wrote:Would rather 15m than a disinterested *bleeper* so I couldn't care less if he outscores Torres and scores a hattrick against us.

He came for 12m pounds.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:48 am

It was undisclosed and it was reported we rejected a 15m bid earlier. Suspect
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:50 am

ynwa wrote:It was undisclosed and it was reported we rejected a 15m bid earlier. Suspect

So he came for 20m then?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:50 am

ynwa wrote:Would rather 15m than a disinterested *bleeper* so I couldn't care less if he outscores Torres and scores a hattrick against us.

Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:50 am

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here..

It was decided a while back that Lucas was rubbish. Then he got a little better and the media and commentators went nuts and the supporters followed them. LOL at my "Lucas comment" all you want but imo I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team, not even the bench.

On the other hand, Raul Meireles (who I feel is the real underrated player here) can, as Babun put it, start for any club.

@ artmorte, I think that is a fair comment to make. Also I have no doubt he will be a success at Chelsea.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:54 am

Lucas had a slow start because he was being compared to Masche AND Alonso.

Also, the media still call him a flop. ._.

Maybe watch LFC and then talk about Leiva. 'cause atm, you're making yourself look like a fool.

Also :lol!: again at RM being "under rated" and Leiva being "over rated" HAHAHA
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next