Netherlands in 2014?

+11
Khaled
lenear1030
justdoit_
Ali
Arsenalfaithfull
The Madrid One
Rebaño Sagrado
Vibe
xabi
the xcx
Ganso
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Netherlands in 2014? - Page 2 Empty Re: Netherlands in 2014?

Post by H.A. Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:28 am

I think next years Euro's will kind of be the last competition for the current generation.

Also give the newer generation a chance, they may not be completely ready by 2014 but I'm sure by 2018 they'll be up and going.


H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 776
Join date : 2011-08-04

Back to top Go down

Netherlands in 2014? - Page 2 Empty Re: Netherlands in 2014?

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:29 am

"Stop talking out of your ass and looking like such a fool" lol why are you so aggressive
first of all we are talking about 2014 right? I just showed you a list of players that can compete and make the starting 11 of the following world cup.

secondly Sien De Jong is 23 (you are thinking of the defender from man city yes?)

and in 2014 you will still have some players from the previous wc taking part in the starting 11.
I think in reality , you are just upset that Holland is rated number 1 at the moment, and your flavour of the month team (taking a wild guess, Spain, Argentina?) was not number 1

And if you knew your football, you would know that maarten stekelenburg being 27 is considered young for a goal keeper
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1726
Join date : 2011-07-14

Back to top Go down

Netherlands in 2014? - Page 2 Empty Re: Netherlands in 2014?

Post by Guiltybystander Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:58 am

The Netherlands have the best academy when you look at the size of the country versus world class players they produce. Many of the current generation will still be able to play in 2014, and others will be replaced by new ones in the meantime. Two/three years is a long time in football.

Ajax has great new talents in Boerrigter, Ozbiliz, Siem de Jong, Vernon Anita, Gregory van der Wiel, most of which you guys won't know, just like you hadn't really heard of them before the players in the current generation went to bigger clubs.

Feyenoord has an amazing young team coming through, Twente has great players. Afellay is an amazing talent.

That is the deal with the dutch squads always. When Sneijder was still at Ajax, we were most quite ambivalent about him: "Meh.", same goes for De Jong, Van Der Vaart etc. etc. See what happened.

I agree that on paper they don't look as strong, but they never really disappoint imo.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow
Posts : 1709
Join date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

Netherlands in 2014? - Page 2 Empty Re: Netherlands in 2014?

Post by Ali Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:03 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:"Stop talking out of your ass and looking like such a fool" lol why are you so aggressive

he's always aggresive he acts like a little jerk
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3918
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Netherlands in 2014? - Page 2 Empty Re: Netherlands in 2014?

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:25 am

This is what happens when over night "soccer" fans start to repeat what ever they hear on the TV. Half the names that are brought up for the spanish ,Brazilian, Argentine team end up flopping harder than a fish out of water.
Remember these names in the past .. how they were suppose to be the next pele, maradona,ronaldo,rivaldo etc etc

Aimar, Saviola,Robino, Adriano, Maxi lopez, Deneilson (betis), Anderson, Denilson, Kleberson, Jo, Afonso Alves, Emerson, Roque Junior, Robinho and Lucas, Gago, Batista the list can go on n on on ...

And Sergio Canales?Sandro (the guy who plays for tottnham)? really?
i am willing to bet more than 80 percent of those players you have not even seen.
how the hell are you going to put up names like Bojan and coutinho jeffren as top prospect... have you seen how shit they were ? I cannot take you seriously
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1726
Join date : 2011-07-14

Back to top Go down

Netherlands in 2014? - Page 2 Empty Re: Netherlands in 2014?

Post by justdoit_ Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:44 am

Going off on a small tangent and all, but the fact that Eljero Elia is listed one of Holland's best, young prospects makes me fear for the future of the universe. Nobody ever call that guy good again until he starts actually playing that way.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 1235
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Netherlands in 2014? - Page 2 Empty Re: Netherlands in 2014?

Post by Ganso Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:This is what happens when over night "soccer" fans start to repeat what ever they hear on the TV. Half the names that are brought up for the spanish ,Brazilian, Argentine team end up flopping harder than a fish out of water.
Remember these names in the past .. how they were suppose to be the next pele, maradona,ronaldo,rivaldo etc etc

Aimar, Saviola,Robino, Adriano, Maxi lopez, Deneilson (betis), Anderson, Denilson, Kleberson, Jo, Afonso Alves, Emerson, Roque Junior, Robinho and Lucas, Gago, Batista the list can go on n on on ...

And Sergio Canales?Sandro (the guy who plays for tottnham)? really?
i am willing to bet more than 80 percent of those players you have not even seen.
how the hell are you going to put up names like Bojan and coutinho jeffren as top prospect... have you seen how shit they were ? I cannot take you seriously
Quite hilarious that your listing players that nobody rated in the first place and also players who didn't flop like leiva,adriano(inter years) and robinho.btw those youngsters you mentioned from holland are quite meh from what I've seen
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Netherlands in 2014? - Page 2 Empty Re: Netherlands in 2014?

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:This is what happens when over night "soccer" fans start to repeat what ever they hear on the TV. Half the names that are brought up for the spanish ,Brazilian, Argentine team end up flopping harder than a fish out of water.
Remember these names in the past .. how they were suppose to be the next pele, maradona,ronaldo,rivaldo etc etc

Aimar, Saviola,Robino, Adriano, Maxi lopez, Deneilson (betis), Anderson, Denilson, Kleberson, Jo, Afonso Alves, Emerson, Roque Junior, Robinho and Lucas, Gago, Batista the list can go on n on on ...

And Sergio Canales?Sandro (the guy who plays for tottnham)? really?
i am willing to bet more than 80 percent of those players you have not even seen.
how the hell are you going to put up names like Bojan and coutinho jeffren as top prospect... have you seen how shit they were ? I cannot take you seriously

No one is an overnight "soccer" fan. Your just showing your ignorance by sitting here saying the dutch are going to win the World Cup in 2014. You have no facts to suggest why there going to do it the only thing your pointing to is that we should "trust you" which is hard because you are acting like such a fool, all you did was mention some average youth talents.

Now who wan't to sit here and actually have an intelligent discussion on Holland's youth's compared to Germany, Brazil, Spain and Argentina? Please I dare you, you will get killed in that argument like you are right now.

And every player I put up there I have seen play many times, I can put Bojan up there because I'm a Barca fan and so far he has done way more for my team then Affelay. Have you seen the players you listed????? You're sitting here saying Robinho is a flop and then you list Elia?, Anderson starts for Manchester United, Lucas both of them are better then most of the players you listed.

Just because some of the older generation from Brazil didn't turn out to be Pele doesn't mean there not good. Affelay, and Elia etc etc would kill to be as good as Robinho.

You sir are a moron and got caught talking out of your ass. Don't be mad just accept it and move on.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Netherlands in 2014? - Page 2 Empty Re: Netherlands in 2014?

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:23 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:The Netherlands have the best academy when you look at the size of the country versus world class players they produce. Many of the current generation will still be able to play in 2014, and others will be replaced by new ones in the meantime. Two/three years is a long time in football.

Ajax has great new talents in Boerrigter, Ozbiliz, Siem de Jong, Vernon Anita, Gregory van der Wiel, most of which you guys won't know, just like you hadn't really heard of them before the players in the current generation went to bigger clubs.

Feyenoord has an amazing young team coming through, Twente has great players. Afellay is an amazing talent.

That is the deal with the dutch squads always. When Sneijder was still at Ajax, we were most quite ambivalent about him: "Meh.", same goes for De Jong, Van Der Vaart etc. etc. See what happened.

I agree that on paper they don't look as strong, but they never really disappoint imo.

Yes, the Netherlands generally produce fantastic youth's, but this crop is not as good as years past. I would argue that per capita Uruguay is up there with them now as the country has 3 million people.

And mind you I don't hate Holland or anything, but in the 2014 World Cup there not going to get extra points for having a good youth system per capita. This was in response to someone saying Holland were going to win the 2014 World Cup hands down.

I understand what your saying and agree to an extent, but in Europe alone Spain and Germany have passed Holland in respect to this generation, who knows it may change in the future, but right now thats the way it is.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Netherlands in 2014? - Page 2 Empty Re: Netherlands in 2014?

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:25 pm

Ganso wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote:This is what happens when over night "soccer" fans start to repeat what ever they hear on the TV. Half the names that are brought up for the spanish ,Brazilian, Argentine team end up flopping harder than a fish out of water.
Remember these names in the past .. how they were suppose to be the next pele, maradona,ronaldo,rivaldo etc etc

Aimar, Saviola,Robino, Adriano, Maxi lopez, Deneilson (betis), Anderson, Denilson, Kleberson, Jo, Afonso Alves, Emerson, Roque Junior, Robinho and Lucas, Gago, Batista the list can go on n on on ...

And Sergio Canales?Sandro (the guy who plays for tottnham)? really?
i am willing to bet more than 80 percent of those players you have not even seen.
how the hell are you going to put up names like Bojan and coutinho jeffren as top prospect... have you seen how shit they were ? I cannot take you seriously
Quite hilarious that your listing players that nobody rated in the first place and also players who didn't flop like leiva,adriano(inter years) and robinho.btw those youngsters you mentioned from holland are quite meh from what I've seen

I know, this guys an idiot. He's just using the standard Goal.com argument when getting owned, "you don't watch enough football."

Notice he will not actually argue the against the countries youth players I listed.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Netherlands in 2014? - Page 2 Empty Re: Netherlands in 2014?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum