poolsupporter
Arquitecto
BeautifulGame
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Liverpool lobby Empty Liverpool lobby

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:07 am

I think a thread where different articles about Liverpool can be posted discussed in a single thread will be useful like they have in Arsenal section.So that we dont need to create separate threads whenever something we want to post every single question or topic.

P.S.

@Redorange

Lock the thread if this thread is unnecessary.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:15 am; edited 2 times in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Liverpool lobby Empty Re: Liverpool lobby

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:09 am

Capello considers Kelly call-up

Reds defender impresses England coach in Arsenal win

England boss Fabio Capello has revealed he is considering giving Liverpool defender Martin Kelly a call-up into the senior squad.

Kelly has established himself as a key member of the Liverpool side over the last 18 months after earning an extended run in the side under Kenny Dalglish last term.

The versatile defender, who can play at centre-back as well as right-back, has won two caps for England Under 21s and he is now in contention for the senior side.

Capello watched Kelly in action during Liverpool's 2-0 win over Arsenal at the Emirates on Saturday and he is a big admirer of the 21-year-old stopper.

"I see some players interesting for me, some new players like Kelly the right-back, he is really interesting," Capello told Sky Sports' Goals On Sunday.

"He is young and he played a good, good game."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7116142,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hopefully he is called up soon.Deserves it and also would do his self confidence world of good.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:08 am

Kelly should be called up as he is twice.... no thrice the player Richards is.

Not doing so will be quite a mistake by Capello
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:59 pm

Him getting a call up would be quite the statement for our youth.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:38 pm

Is kelly still considered a CB, or are we going to stick with him at Rb, his impressive there and can give johnson a run for his money, is it honestly worth it testing him at CB, because i know some people might think well do a carra on him and realize how tank he is at Cb later on in his carrer. But if he does fail at Cb his confidence can drop and cause performance issues.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:36 pm

poolsupporter wrote:Him getting a call up would be quite the statement for our youth.

And on Glen Razz
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 pm

Kelly already should have been called up for England imo.How on earth can someone call Walker ahead of him seriously?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:32 pm

Just wanted to say that I am loving the fact that our team is full of Brits now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:36 pm

Sepi wrote:Just wanted to say that I am loving the fact that our team is full of Brits now.

Cahill might just make another. .if the rumors ever come true! ! Smile
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:10 am

Damn. Would of rathered Kelly not playing for England. :\

Now we're going to have to worry for yet another player not getting injured. Sad

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:11 am

Arquitecto wrote:Kelly should be called up as he is twice.... no thrice the player Richards is.

Glen Johnson is the first RB. Richards is just a back up. Thrice the player of Richards is a bit too far, no?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:42 am

Richards is very good, imo. His game has matured a bit. Despite being very muscular for a footballer, he still has a pretty good stamina, was bombing forward all the time against Bolton yesterday. Gotta say I rate Richards higher than Kelly as of now anyway.

And what comes to Kelly, I'd play him in RB position, simply because he has looked good there.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:55 am

ynwa wrote:Damn. Would of rathered Kelly not playing for England. :\

Now we're going to have to worry for yet another player not getting injured. Sad

Well mate the international experience would do his confidence & ability a world of good . .so not that bad a risk i suppose Smile
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:37 am

Has there ever been a player Redknapp didnt try to sign.

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey
Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp admits he tried to sign Ashley Young, Phil Jones and Stewart Downing. bit.ly/oxLz53
37 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

He must be using Daily mail as his scouting system.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:43 am

^ He uses LFC as his scout. He wanted Gomez, Aguero, Llorente and Carroll all in January.

Those 3 were LFC targets too. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:18 am

Funny at the end of the day they end up getting none of them . . i guess by now its just a Newspaper stereo . .Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:43 am

really sad that Jack Layton has died ..... one decent politician we have, and he dies :'(

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:07 pm

Didn't know where to put this but the following two tweets our lads were brilliant! !

glen_johnson Glen Johnson
3 hours in and going strong. :-)

Charlie26Adam Charlie Adam
@glen_johnson its gotta be something special to last that long.

Smile Very Happy Laughing :bom: :lol!:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:57 pm

:lol!: Adam.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:10 pm

Agger are the new Captain of the Danish National Team!!!

Agger was the Vice-captain - but now that Poulsen is no longer a part of the team the honor is given to Agger... The danish media (Sporten.dk) expects Agger to be the Captain in the future - even IF Poulsen should get back to the team.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:27 pm

Good.

DAgger deserved it. How Poulsen was captain in the first place was a joke.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:58 am

Stewart Downing believes Liverpool's team spirit could give them an edge over their rivals this season.

The 27-year-old arrived at Melwood just a few weeks ago but was instantly struck by the camaraderie in the camp.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "There's a good mix of lads, young and old, English lads and foreign lads. We all get on very well, which helps a lot.

"Team spirit is a massive part of football and I sensed that straight away. The lads are really close and I think that helps on the pitch. It's showing in our performances.

"I'm very excited about what we could achieve this season. With the squad we have now, you can see there's a lot of quality, even on the bench. There are people who aren't getting picked who are top players. For the manager it's probably a headache but one he'd like."

Downing already knew several Liverpool players before signing from Aston Villa having played alongside them during 27 England caps and eight run-outs for the U21s.

He added: "I knew a couple of the lads, obviously Andy (Carroll) and Jordan (Henderson), who I've got along well with since I've come here. With the north-east connection, we've probably clicked straight away.

"Carra, I've been for something to eat with him. He's showed me around, which is very nice. Stevie and Glen Johnson as well.

"I was quite lucky that I knew a lot of the players because it can be daunting going into a new dressing room. All the lads have chipped in and we all speak to each other."

Downing and co entertain Bolton at the weekend hoping to build on back-to-back victories following our opening day draw with Sunderland.

"We've got to make Anfield a cauldron, a hard place to come," added the winger. "I thought we played very well against Sunderland, especially the first half.

"But at Arsenal it was a very good team performance. We have to build on that. It'll be tough. I watched Bolton against Man City and they played very well. They were unlucky not to get something.

"They pass it around a lot now. He (Owen Coyle) has brought Tuncay in who I played with at Middlesbrough. He's a very good footballer, and Eagles is a good winger. Their style of play is to get it down, pass the ball and get it wide - similar to how we play, a little bit. I think it will be a good game of football."

A Reds victory would make it seven points from their opening three league games, which would be the club's best Premier League start for 17 years.

With Luis Suarez tallying three goals in three games, and Andy Carroll opening his 2011-12 account on Wednesday, Downing is confident Liverpool have the firepower to continue their impressive start.

"Luis is obviously a top player," said the England man. "I've seen him in the Copa America and could see what qualities he has. He's carried that on.

LFCCTV: Suarez v Exeter

"I thought he'd be a little bit tired from the tournament because he hasn't had a rest but he's buzzing because of the win they had. He's scored three in three now and long may that continue.

"He's a top player, one of the best players in the world. He is an off-the-cuff player, you never know what he's going to do. He's really good to play with.

"He creates, he scores and he's a big asset to have. I'm looking forward to playing many games with him."

Downing added: "I'm sure (the goal against Exeter) will give Andy a lot of confidence. Strikers are obviously judged on goals. He'd been doing very well without scoring, and now with Luis scoring and Andy off the mark, it all bodes well for the team."

The King Factor! ! Very Happy

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/downing-we-all-get-on?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:09 am

this will fail should it not be stickied :coffee:
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:26 am

Not sure if people know it, but Downing is also a house DJ.

Imagine if we win something....Downing is gonna DJ, Carroll will get the drinks, and Kuyt and Suarez will dance like crazy Laughing

Liverpool lobby Tumblr_lqagj73wAF1qf24tho1_400

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:16 am

Sepi wrote:Not sure if people know it, but Downing is also a house DJ.

Imagine if we win something....Downing is gonna DJ, Carroll will get the drinks, and Kuyt and Suarez will dance like crazy Laughing

Liverpool lobby Tumblr_lqagj73wAF1qf24tho1_400

Yet Reina will score all the girls :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next