Hey Futbol Bill, it just has to be said...

+12
futbol_bill
Babun
H.A.
huntsman
Doc
FennecFox7
Senor Penguin
Ganso
the xcx
guest7
Mr Nick09
Vapotrini
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hey Futbol Bill, it just has to be said... Empty Hey Futbol Bill, it just has to be said...

Post by Vapotrini Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:08 am

I quietly lurk on this Madrid forum as I'm sure many Barcelona supporters do. While some may post, the majority undoubtedly don't. I myself try my utmost not to post in this section as personally (Very, VERY hard at times), I believe everyone needs their own space amongst their own, so to speak. Their own haven. In fact, I'd be seriously surprised and/or shocked, to see more than 1 post of mine in ANY Madrid forum over the last few years. Anyway, that's not the point...

I just want you to know, you are a TREMENDOUS asset to this forum! Honestly, you're an asset to football quite frankly. Every single time (without exception so far) I've read one of your posts... I keep thinking to myself, who is this guy making actual sense (in the Madrid forum no less - ok cheap shot)? Who is this level headed, mature and highly knowledgeable guy? Is he from North America, South America, Eastern Europe, the caribbean? Well, to my utter surprise, this guy actually LIVES IN MADRID! Wait a second, this guy can't possibly be from Madrid, afterall he claims Marcelo tackled Cesc to cause injury. He was also appalled by Jose's actions. Who is this incredible troll???? Who is it? Just another down to earth person residing in Madrid. That's who. You've single handedly put things in perspective for me. And while that means nothing for you, it means the world to me. So I thank you for it. It's so bloody ironic to see the person with the most reason to be upset actually be the most calm and mature here. My friend, you make up for all the Xabi's on here. Just want you to know it, and while I may support the enemy (and I don't live there or have absolutely no serious ties with them), YOU ARE a serious breath of fresh air.

Keep it up! I, like most won't acknowledge it but it's so *bleep* unbelievably refreshing to see someone not get caught up in all the shit and just simply call it like they see it. Like we all should.

And yes, I'm sure many will say that this should have been sent in PM and it probably should, but deep down I think you need to be highlighted. For you set an example like no other. One that every single one of us on here should strive for.

Respect!

To the rest of you, carry on with the refcelona.

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Hey Futbol Bill, it just has to be said... Empty Re: Hey Futbol Bill, it just has to be said...

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:15 am

90% of the people here are appalled by the Marcelo tackles. Only a small few are trying to make up excuses for it (there are no excuses).

As far as mou.... he is an a$$hole. But how is that news? We all know it. He's always been like this. But he's doing a fantastic managing job at Madrid. His genius is undeniable. We're willing to take the good with the bad so far. As long as Barca continue to dive and resort to theatrics, Madridistas will tolerate Mou's antics within certain bounds. If Barca miraculously become classier, i can guarantee you that the tolerance will go down as well.

Back to top Go down

Hey Futbol Bill, it just has to be said... Empty Re: Hey Futbol Bill, it just has to be said...

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:21 am

Of course he is an asset, one of the guys that do not let the bias take over in his post. Great addition to our forum, since goal.com, deserves a mention, he has been very productive and level headed here.

I couldnt stand the people trying to excuse him myself, he deserved none. In general, i hoped posters would not turn into Mou pawns and just swallow everything that happens. At least from the outside, we can keep a decent amount of individual integrity and not fall prey to the bias going around.

sometimes it doesnt hurt to give credit where it's due, and blame our owns for mistakes they make.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:24 am

And yeah, Bill is great... although he's as biased for Spain as I am for France lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:28 am

I think I'm the only one defending Marcelo lol

Rest of the madristas are upset about it
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:28 am

sportsczy, sorry if this came off like an "in yo face" kinda post. Wasn't the intent, really it wasn't. Without going into details, how I feel is clearly outlined above.

However, since you brought up Barca and their constant diving, I have to ask... How often do Barca players dive when they aren't playing Madrid? Now... before you answer, please think about it...

Really think if the shoe was on the other foot. Now ask yourself this, why do they dive? Do they exaggerate? Definitely. Do they go down easily? At times. But still, think deeper. Why do they do it? To bring to the referees attention that they're being hammered. Which I think we can all agree, they are. I lived through the Maradona era and something that people hardly talk about is how much he dived. Why? He dove more than anyone else in the world in his later years. It was pathetic... but why did he do that? Cause after you get clobbered so many times, your body really does give up. People here are passing off fouling like it's a part of the game. Yes it surely is a part of the game. However, let's not try to CONVENIENTLY forget that it's an ILLEGAL PART OF THE GAME!

Sorry to tell you, it not tactics... it's basically cheating within the game. Don't ever forget that.

Last edited by Vapotrini on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:38 am

It's my feeling that they used to do it even before Mourinho decided to play rough with them, and get away with stopping a lot of attacks that way.

in my turn, i would ask you this. Dont you think the fooling can also be a way to attract the attention to the extra cheating and diving? a strange way to fight fire with lightning?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:40 am

Vapotrini wrote:sportsczy, sorry if this came off like an "in yo face" kinda post. Wasn't the intent, really it wasn't. Without going into details, how I feel is clearly outlined above.

However, since you brought up Barca and their constant diving, I have to ask... How often do Barca players dive when they aren't playing Madrid? Now... before you answer, please think about it...

Really think if the shoe was on the other foot. Now ask yourself this, why do they dive? Do they exaggerate? Definitely. Do they go down easily? At times. But still, think deeper. Why do they do it? To bring to the referees attention that their being hammered. Which I think we can all agree, they are. I lived the Maradona era and something that people hardly talk about is how much he dived. Why? Cause after you get clobbered so many times, your body really does give up. People here are passing off fouling like it's a part of the game. Yes it surely is a part of the game. However, let's not try to CONVENIENTLY forget that it's an ILLEGAL PART OF THE GAME!

Sorry to tell you, it not tactics... it's basically cheating within the game. Don't ever forget that.

You need to look further back in terms of games. Almost as soon as Pep took over, Barca's theatrics went through the roof. It's just a constant barrage of diving and crowd-reffing. Up until Mou came to the club, Madrid tried to take the high road, meaning we would continue to play our style of offense and defense regardless of Barca's misbehavior. I did not agree with that.

Mou is playing my kind of defense. As a junior, we were told to get extremely tough physically with diving teams. In my time, that was Italian teams. The reason? Players will be much less interested in diving if they are worried about the hard tackle. Not only does it act as a deterrent towards the opposing attack, it's also good morally for the defenders... we didn't get frustrated and cheated all the time. Frustration is the biggest cause for errors by defenders.

In short, Barca brought on the tactics that we are using against them. If they had not started their methods, we would not have resorted to this.

That's just the way things are going to be unless the referees and the leagues take matters into their own hands by coming down hard on both diving and tackling. That's the only way i see either side changing their methods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:50 am

Oh... and talking about cheating. Both diving and tackling hard puts the responsibility on the referees to make the right call. They are both tactical and deliberate.

Please don't be a hypocrite by calling one cheating and the other something else. They are both against the rules. I accept them as such.

If Barca are going to push the edges of legality... then so are we. That's just how it is now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:55 am

sportsczy wrote:You need to look further back in terms of games. Almost as soon as Pep took over, Barca's theatrics went through the roof.

I literally stopped reading RIGHT there. If that's your opening argument I honestly don't need to see any more. Not even entertaining a second more of that.

I respect yourself and Nick immensely but I'll vigorously defend that claim to the very end. And since I can wholeheartedly assure you that I've seen more Barca games that you have, I think I'm in better position to judge. So why even bother, especially in this part of the woods? And before you bring ANY bias talk into things, look through past games. Look through the posts, I'm the VERY FIRST to call any sort of BS, from your team or mine.

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:59 am

Vapotrini wrote:
sportsczy wrote:You need to look further back in terms of games. Almost as soon as Pep took over, Barca's theatrics went through the roof.

I literally stopped reading RIGHT there. If that's your opening argument I honestly don't need to see any more. Not even entertaining a second more of that.

I respect yourself and Nick immensely but I'll vigorously defend that claim to the very end. And since I can wholeheartedly assure you that I've seen more Barca games that you have, I think I'm in better position to judge. So why even bother, especially in this part of the woods? And before you bring ANY bias talk into things, look through past games. Look through the posts, I'm the VERY FIRST to call any sort of BS, from your team or mine.

That's fine. I don't think either of us are going to convince the other... so there's no point really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:06 pm

sportsczy wrote:Oh... and talking about cheating. Both diving and tackling hard puts the responsibility on the referees to make the right call. They are both tactical and deliberate.

Please don't be a hypocrite by calling one cheating and the other something else. They are both against the rules. I accept them as such.

If Barca are going to push the edges of legality... then so are we. That's just how it is now.

sportsczy, seriously? SERIOUSLY????? You don't want me to go to sleep huh?

let me write it so you and everyone here can understand: (And Xabi, this goes 1 million fold for you)

BARCELONA DIVE BECAUSE YOUR TACKLES DON'T BELONG ON A FOOTBALL FIELD!! GET IT OUT OF YOUR HEAD, IT'S NOT TACTICS. IT IS WHAT INFERIOR TEAMS DO TO MAKE UP TO SUPERIOR TEAMS. YES, INFERIOR, YOU!

Is it really THAT hard to understand??? Cause and effect... for god sakes, look it up.

(So sad, I knew I should have never looked back. I'm 2 seconds away from major troll mode. - Only Madrid fans can turn a 100% complimentary post into this. Unbelievable.)

Last edited by Vapotrini on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:09 pm

Vapotrini wrote:sportsczy, seriously? SERIOUSLY????? You don't want me to go to sleep huh?

let me write it so you and everyone here can understand: (And Xabi, this goes 1 million fold for you)

BARCELONA DIVE BECAUSE YOUR TACKLES DON'T BELONG ON A FOOTBALL FIELD!! GET IT OUT OF YOUR HEAD, IT'S NOT TACTICS. IT IS WHAT INFERIOR TEAMS DO TO MAKE UP TO SUPERIOR TEAMS. YES, INFERIOR, YOU!

Is it really THAT hard to understand??? Cause and effect... for god sakes, look it up.

(So sad, I knew I should have never looked back. I'm 2 seconds away from major troll mode. - Only Madrid fans can turn a 100% complimentary post into this. Unbelievable.)
Oh dont act like you dont have any butthurt fans..Chollavillas insult is just a beginning.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:09 pm

so Barcelona only dive against madrid? Rolling Eyes
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:10 pm

Vapotrini wrote:sportsczy, seriously? SERIOUSLY????? You don't want me to go to sleep huh?

RESPONSE: DIVING HAS NO PLACE ON A FOOTBALL FIELD!!!! TAKE IT TO THE LONDON THEATER DISTRICT OR HOLLYWOOD!!!!! UNTIL THEN, DEFENDERS WILL COME AT YOU WITH INTENT. DEAL WITH IT!!!

EDIt!!! (lol) AND INFERIOR IN WHAT EXACTLY!!! WE HAVE MORE TITLES IN EVERYTHING THAN BARCA OTHER THAN CDR MAYBE!!!! WHO HAS THE INFERIORITY COMPLEX!!!! lol

lol!

Last edited by sportsczy on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:13 pm

Dude, you didnt start diving before we started playing hard, that's just not true at all.

you are the only one losing your shit here, because somehow, since your way is the only way, and we disagree with it, you get upset. no need really.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:18 pm

I need to get out of here before I explode.

God, been here a few mins and low and behold I already feel dumber...

Worse of all, I've contributed to the stupidity. No greater irony than this thread.

Last edited by Vapotrini on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:22 pm

Vapotrini wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Oh... and talking about cheating. Both diving and tackling hard puts the responsibility on the referees to make the right call. They are both tactical and deliberate.

sportsczy, seriously? SERIOUSLY????? You don't want me to go to sleep huh?

Biscuits, Pedro and Alves have dived wayyyyyyy before Mourinho came around to make Madrid a rich man's Stoke.

It's not even up for discussion either.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:23 pm

then leave,saying that barca dives because of mou's tactics has to be one of the stupidest things ive heard in the interwebs
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:25 pm

Congrats to Brazil in the U-20 WC btw Ganso... you guys proved me wrong. Great win.

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:26 pm

OP use the PM button to complimetary someone next time..No need to give a lecture how good poster he is..Everyone should know this already.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:26 pm

we havent won yet,the final is today lol
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:28 pm

Ganso wrote:we havent won yet,the final is today lol

I know... i'm still bitter about Portugal and want them to lose badly. So i'm pretending that you won already (you will; we blew it).

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Barca ONLY dives against Madrid? Did you forget that Busquets dived against Inter? Or that PUYOL dived against Milan?

Get out of here, I can show more, Barca even dives against some mid-table La Liga teams. Laughing
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:40 pm

Vaportini so its better for barca players to be complete pussys? As claudio gentile said, football is not for ballerinas. Only player I respect is messi on that team of refs, he has the most decent attitude out of all of them and actually (shockingly) doesn't dive.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next