Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing?

+49
Doc
Helmer
nasir6371
DeletedUser#1
Grooverider
Highburied
Vlad the Impaler
VivaStPauli
RedOranje
donttreadonred
stevieg8
iftikhar
bloodless
Amar
DavidVilla92
Blue
RealGunner
Lord Hades
cyberman
Iceman
Mr Nick09
Babun
Onyx
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Abramovich
Nishankly
M99
McAgger
S
TheRedStag
EarlyPrototype
RED
Arquitecto
aunshi
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
Red Alert
gkamtu
dostoevsky
che
poolsupporter
BeautifulGame
Swanhends
punkfusion1992
Gil
RedFlag
lenear1030
nj
53 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing? - Page 8 Empty Re: Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing?

Post by RedOranje Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:47 pm

Please stay on topic.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing? - Page 8 Empty Re: Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing?

Post by nasir6371 Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:03 pm

Swanhends wrote:1st Page:

Swanhends wrote:The next James Milner
nailed it :dance:
Hendo would love to have Milner career Laughing
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:25 pm

at Henderson's age Milner was still playing for Newcastle and Villa...

Henderson playing an important role for a Liverpool side that's got some potential

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:55 pm

People living in the past like Mole says. The myth that Henderson is shite is still around Laughing

I bet they still think he's the same 21 year old that was playing out of position under Kenny. Laughing

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:40 am

Grooverider wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Yes, that's exactly what we saw in the Liverpool vs United match... except the opposite.

It's astounding how often people write off legitimate work in opening up space, running channels, pressing in defense, and covering for other players as "headless/clueless running."  It's not the player that's clueless, it's the spectators who can't understand just how much important work he's doing.
wrong, he's not doing any important work at all. I've seen countless times when Lucas or Gerrard have had to mop up his mess because he has been either out of position or lost somewhere on the park. Countless liverpool fans have also commented on how this man is nothing but a liability when it comes to his defensive duties.
Had to mop up his mess, when he's either the most attacking out of the three (when played in the center) or on the right? That doesn't make much sense. Maybe you just don't understand the tactical aspect of his position... kinda like RedO was saying.

Or maybe, much more likely, you haven't payed much attention to Liverpool since Dalglish was manager.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:48 am

I think people have watched ManU match with one eye probably, the corner which resulted in the goal came after Hendo pressed high to make ManU panic and loose the ball. He perfectly knows where to be on the pitch in almost evrey given situation.
But I would stat he still has to improve a lot as he himself realises and agrees in almost every interview he gives. He knows he can do more with the ball.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Got to love the fact that on GL, if a particular player plays for your club he automatically becomes 'world class' Very Happy

but yet the fact remains that he can't even get in the england starting eleven, and Woy picks a 35yr old midfielder instead of him.

oh, but he's still World Class of course rofl 
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Grooverider wrote:Got to love the fact that on GL, if a particular player plays for your club he automatically becomes 'world class' Very Happy

but yet the fact remains that he can't even get in the england starting eleven, and Woy picks a 35yr old midfielder instead of him.

Kindly mention the EXACT point where Jordan Henderson was mentioned as 'world class' as you so aptly quoted.

Comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:18 pm

McAgger wrote:People living in the past like Mole says. The myth that Henderson is shite is still around Laughing

I bet they still think he's the same 21 year old that was playing out of position under Kenny. Laughing

He is really good, he has great potential to become a top-class player; yet, he still has many to prove, but I think he has a good chance to become a key player for his team and why not, for the England NT...

However, Liverpool fans are overrating him. They usually have the tendency to say that he is better than almost any other English midfielder brought in comparison with him (except Gerrard).

And for Arq and his brothers...I won't search for the posts where Liverpool fans overrated him, sorry but my time is precious. :coffee:
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:34 pm

Liverpool fans have overrated the guy no end on this thread, and arq continues with his brain fart comments.
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Grooverider wrote:Got to love the fact that on GL, if a particular player plays for your club he automatically becomes 'world class' Very Happy

First and foremost, you're a blatant liar as no-one in this thread has labelled Henderson "world class" or anything even near it. The thread has been, for the most part, people suggesting he's terrible (or some derivation thereof) and others making arguments, generally ones with both evidence and/or actual reasoning, to the contrary.

Those defending Henderson have so far stated that he's improved immensely in his performances in the past season or so (statistically and objectively true), that he's nowhere near as bad as some claim (given the hyperbole coming from many of his detractors, a fairly solid claim), and that he has/can become an important player for Liverpool (again with strong evidence). We've pointed out that his role is NOT what the attackers have suggested and provided both counterpoints and evidence... which has unreasonably been written off and ignored.

And yet here you sit, making claims wholly lacking in any basis or fact, founded only upon your desire to troll or your own bias and against multiple levels of reason and evidence... and your only response when faced with such strong opposition is to make bold-faced and completely inaccurate fallacious arguments.

As for England: this is the same team that neither Carrick nor Cleverley currently start in; and one that is managed by a man currently being roundly criticised for style, (lack of) substance, and managerial (in)ability. A 23yo not featuring under a manager that prefers pure defense or experience over youth, invention, movement, and general energy of any kind? A 23yo not playing ahead of two legends, a fantastic experienced passer, a PL champion, and a "wonderkid"? What an absolute shocker that is! Shocked

But go on. I'm sure you have more insights to share... or at least more inane, asinine and vapid one liners to post. Don't let silly things like objectivity and facts get in the way of your nonsense.

Once again I contend that the headless chicken here isn't Henderson, it's you.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:39 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
McAgger wrote:People living in the past like Mole says. The myth that Henderson is shite is still around Laughing

He is really good, he has great potential to become a top-class player; yet, he still has many to prove, but I think he has a good chance to become a key player for his team and why not, for the England NT...

However, Liverpool fans are overrating him. They usually have the tendency to say that he is better than almost any other English midfielder brought in comparison with him (except Gerrard).

And for Arq and his brothers...I won't search for the posts where Liverpool fans overrated him, sorry but my time is precious. :coffee:
Except, once again, that's not been said even once in this thread. The only comparison made was another poster (who certainly has no bias against Liverpool in any way, shape, or form and has never EVER tweeted that he hates Liverpool as much as his own club's rival (who will remain nameless to save anonymity) who mentioned another English CM around the same age being "thrice" as good as Henderson, and Liverpool fans contending that their levels were rather closer than that.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:30 pm

Why are people taking grooverider seriously ?

It's obvious that he is a wum if you see his comments about Totti or whoever has never played in PL.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:38 pm

Liverpool fans seems to be warming up to Jordan (according to my aunt and uncle who are season ticket holders, though I do wonder what she meant by "fans" but whatever) and Jordan has been re-paying them in kind.

Good for him...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:01 am

Doc wrote:Liverpool fans seems to be warming up to Jordan (according to my aunt and uncle who are season ticket holders, though I do wonder what she meant by "fans" but whatever) and Jordan has been re-paying them in kind.

Good for him...
Yeah, his energy and passion have made him quite the fan favorite. He doesn't take no for an answer and has fought tooth and nail to cement his place in the side. Personally, one of the biggest silver linings of not making our marquee signing this summer is that it would've almost certainly taken Hendo's place in the lineup, and I'm glad to see him get another 6 months at least to improve with regular playing time.

Anyway, thanks Red for taking care of things already, now I can just sit back and enjoy the demolition that just occurred. It's nice to get home to posts like this Thumbs up
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:06 am

Said it from the start that he would be the next Lucas.

Definitely not in playing style / quality (he's still very much unproven), but he won the fans over after being belittled.

You knew from the first game for us, he was special. Glad to see his determination pay off. Hopefully he continues to progress. He's starting to get a mature age where he needs to put that little bit more of extra quality in.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:07 am

Reminds me of Aaron Ramsey, hard worker, fantastic engine, technically and tactically sound. A very good player to have in your squad.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Lets be fair here.... he's a very very good player.

Don't let hate blind you from the truth, believe me if anyone should be hating it should be me.

A Mackem playing for Liverpool ffs, but no he's proved himself over a long time now to be a very good player.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:48 pm

Just been reading bits of this thread, some posts are awful.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Lets be fair here.... he's a very very good player.

Don't let hate blind you from the truth, believe me if anyone should be hating it should be me.

A Mackem playing for Liverpool ffs, but no he's proved himself over a long time now to be a very good player.

Why don't you like Liverpool?
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:38 pm

new carrick? hmm dem passes
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

He's in a very rich run of from and our current midfield fits him to a tee. He's one of the best in PL off the ball but on the ball he's very very lacking. If he keeps improving on the ball then I can see him becoming a very very good player.

But his current form :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:48 pm

He's good against scrub teams but every big match he plays average at best e.g. vs. Arsenal.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:49 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:new carrick? :hmm:dem passes

Still see him as a Milner type. He's still suspect in defensive duties, but he did okay today.

This was the first time under Rodgers he played in the double pivot under Rodgers and he did well. hmm

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:50 pm

danyjr wrote:He's good against scrub teams but every big match he plays average at best e.g. vs. Arsenal.

I take it you've only seen him play one game against Arsenal then? (That came this season)

He did good against Everton, United, kills Chelsea every time, did well against Arsenal in the last couple seasons, and plays against City too... lmao

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:16 pm

Did well against Arsenal the last couple of seasons...yeah...remember him scoring a fluke goal and that's about it.

Watched him against a deflated Manchester City at the start of the year too, at Etihad. Wasn't impressed either.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Hendo:

cant find the video/gif for his pass for the sterling's goal, btw that pass :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next