In what world is Pique, Shain and 12 more to come better than Samu the King Eto'o?

+13
InterMalia
drakefyre
windkick
Sushi Master
Magricos
the xcx
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RobbyV
CroInter
Kevin_Muscat
Luca
Mr Nick09
joenamati
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In what world is Pique, Shain and 12 more to come better than Samu the King Eto'o? Empty In what world is Pique, Shain and 12 more to come better than Samu the King Eto'o?

Post by joenamati Fri 12 Aug - 6:55

I am a barcelona fan till i die or someone kills me, and dont get me wrong i love Pique, specially since that bodacious woman Shakira he share bed with after Ibracadabra. But come on, better than the Pride of Africa, the LionKing Samu Eto'o?

Samuel Eto'o the greatest African footballer of all times who has won the Champions League 4 times with Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Internazionale, and the Spanish League 3 times and the italian league once among important medals and the african cup of nations he won 2 times with Cameroon, and personal medals such as African player of the year 4 times, and World Cup 2010 Golden Ball nomination and who singehandedly saved Inter's asses previous season with his 37+ thundergoals.. What are dese people sniffing to do such unexplainable crime? Why would people downgrade eto'o so much? why? is it because he is black?

joenamati
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

In what world is Pique, Shain and 12 more to come better than Samu the King Eto'o? Empty Re: In what world is Pique, Shain and 12 more to come better than Samu the King Eto'o?

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 12 Aug - 6:56

Sahin had a way better season than Etoo, deal with it. Doesnt matter what Etoo accomplished on his career.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

In what world is Pique, Shain and 12 more to come better than Samu the King Eto'o? Empty Re: In what world is Pique, Shain and 12 more to come better than Samu the King Eto'o?

Post by Luca Fri 12 Aug - 6:57

It is "of the year", not overall quality.
I agree he should be ranked higher but I guess it can be argued that Sahin accomplishing more with his club as did Pique with his.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug - 7:01

Sahin was Bundesliga player of the season and one of the most instrumental players in Borussia's campaign

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin_Muscat Fri 12 Aug - 7:03

it's there performance over the year. that includes how successful their team was last season. stop embarrassing barca fans little boy and eto'o can go F%&$& himself if he moves to russia. seriously RUSSIA!!! damnit.

Kevin_Muscat
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Fri 12 Aug - 7:31

"Sahin had a way better season than Etoo" In what world is Pique, Shain and 12 more to come better than Samu the King Eto'o? 16k3pzb
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbyV Fri 12 Aug - 7:36

Where is all this nonsense coming from.. Link?
RobbyV
RobbyV
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Flamengo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 12 Aug - 7:39

Sahin better than Eto'o last year?

LMFAO, he was fantastic but he was no Eto'o i really do question how much of the Madrid fans watched Dortmund on a consistent basis last year.

If it was'nt for Eto'o, Inter would'nt have even finished top 6 ffs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri 12 Aug - 7:44

Well on paper Eto had a better season than Sahin. When it comes to comparison why the OP is comparing a WC striker to midfielder?. Sahin deserves every credit, since he was the key part of dortmunds league title and he will be surely missed. Eto scored over 30 goals + over a dozen assits, he had statisticly a superb season only the outcome of his effort wasnt big at all.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri 12 Aug - 7:45

Eto has only won 3 CL titles he never won 1 with Madrid.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 12 Aug - 7:46

The xcx wrote:Well on paper Eto had a better season than Sahin. When it comes to comparison why the OP is comparing a WC striker to midfielder?. Sahin deserves every credit, since he was the key part of dortmunds league title and he will be surely missed.

I dont think he will be as missed as you think, but he was key to thier league title yes.....

Last season it was basically Eto'o vs Milan he dragged them all season, if we are talking about influence then Eto'o should be top 5 imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 12 Aug - 7:46

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Sahin better than Eto'o last year?

LMFAO, he was fantastic but he was no Eto'o i really do question how much of the Madrid fans watched Dortmund on a consistent basis last year.

If it was'nt for Eto'o, Inter would'nt have even finished top 6 ffs.

Enough to know that he was their linchpin.

Etoo has a household name already, anything he does will be magnified x3. He was great for Inter, scored a lot of key goals, but i rate Sahin's season higher.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug - 7:48

One is 30, the other 22... and we already have Higuain and Benzema. Unless we were desperate for a CF, there's no way we're going to spend big $ on a declining player with little or no selling price later.

Oh... and Sahin had a lot more impact on his team than Eto'o did last year. You don't compare stats between a midfielder and a striker. But you do see one as being the Bundesliga Player of the Year ahead of players like Gotze, Robben and Gomez (who each had huge seasons). Eto'o was very good... but you don't expect that to continue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri 12 Aug - 7:50

Sahin is not better than Eto'o.

Dude, what do you expect from a list where Bale is better than Hummels, Gomez, Godtze, Dani Alves, Ibra, Alonso and Wilshere?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 12 Aug - 7:52

Sportzcry iam not comparing stats, iam comparing influence and eto'o was probably top 5 as far influence goes last year he dragged Inter all season and without him they would'nt have been in the CL this year.

Sahin was not as influential as Eto'o was, he was influential yes extremely, but was he anymore influential than Hummels and Subotic for the defence or Kagawa or Goetze in the attack?

I dont think so.

Also one name that no one mentions who was just as influential to Dortmund's success last year and that is Sven Bender.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri 12 Aug - 7:53

Inter as a whole was playing badly last year and Eto'o single handidly kept them afloat, plus was a key part in helping Inter reach the quarter finals of the Champions League. Dortmund had a better/fresh young squad for Sahin to work with and they got knocked out the Europa group stages. Champions League QF > Europa Group crash out

If I had to say, I think Eto'o had a better season, but so did Sahin no denying that. Both are fantastic footballers
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri 12 Aug - 7:53

I think what Nick meant by that was that Sahins last season was more successful than Eto. Bundeliga>Tim Cup.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 12 Aug - 7:53

what do i care about what he did for barca? i just rate what Sahin did higher for ffs, deal with it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug - 7:53

Sushi Master wrote:Sahin is not better than Eto'o.

Dude, what do you expect from a list where Bale is better than Hummels, Gomez, Godtze, Dani Alves, Ibra, Alonso and Wilshere?

Not saying better... but more impactful and effective for his team who won the Bundesliga. Plus he's 22 with massive upside and he plays in a position of need for Madrid.

Eto'o is the best striker of the past 7 years in the world to me (not the false 9 Messi or the winger CR7... true striker).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri 12 Aug - 8:00

sportsczy wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Sahin is not better than Eto'o.

Not saying better... but more impactful and effective for his team who won the Bundesliga. Plus he's 22 with massive upside and he plays in a position of need for Madrid.

Eto'o is the best striker of the past 7 years in the world to me (not the false 9 Messi or the winger CR7... true striker).
Gotze filled in his role a few times during the season with perfection. Dortmund were solid all season long with, or without Sahin. It's their defense that really needs to be lauded. Also, Bender.

I think it's more to do with the text highlighted in red Wink
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Fri 12 Aug - 8:03

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:what do i care about what he did for barca? i just rate what Sahin did higher for ffs, deal with it.

I believe that was in reply to my deleted post which said Eto'o had his best season ever .

Let me clarify . Whatever recognition Eto'o has achieved in his career , he achieved at Barca . I mean this thread about Eto'o wouldn't have been made if he never went to Barca. What i meant was he probably did better individually this season than his most celebrated days .

Oh and yes , I dont give a tiny rat's ass if you rate Sahin higher than Eto'o . In fact , I wouldn't give a tiny rat's ass if you rate yourself higher than Eto'o .
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug - 8:03

Dude... you don't get over 40% of the votes for Bundesliga POY with the second place player (Gotze) only getting in the teens if you're not incredible. He dominated the midfield as a true CM. It allowed Gotze to mature without any pressure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri 12 Aug - 8:07

sportsczy wrote:Dude... you don't get over 40% of the votes for Bundesliga POY with the second place player (Gotze) only getting in the teens if you're not incredible. He dominated the midfield as a true CM. It allowed Gotze to mature without any pressure.
We all know he's incredible. He can be even better.

We have to take into count that Eto'o is a striker, which are always lauded more and since they score the goals, have a lot more "influence" in the game to most people. Not underrating Sahin or anything, but I think even Kagawa tried out his role a few times. There is just so much quality in Dortmund.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 12 Aug - 8:11

He did'nt dominate the midfield the way the polls will have you believe, go to the Bundesliga thread and ask them if you dont believe me.....

Sven Bender basically did all his defensive work and Kagawa was just as important which was shown when he got injured Dortmund struggled despite Sahin still being there.

Also Hummels and Subotic were just as important.

Eto'o was a lot more influential than Sahin was for BVB, Dortmund would have still won the league without Sahin they simply dominated Bundesliga last year and reason why was because they had 5 or 6 extremely influential players. (Hummels,Subotic, Bender, Sahin, Kagawa, and Goetze)

Without Eto'o Inter dont get CL this season.....

Sahin was fantastic and one of the best midfielders in europe last year, but Madrid fans are overrated his season imo which is a shame because its making me look like i think Sahin was sh*t lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next