Albiceleste
billy_gr
The Franchise
messixaviesta
Vapotrini
vivabarca38
10 posters

Go down

guardiola:we need fitness to be ready to face real madrid Empty guardiola:we need fitness to be ready to face real madrid

Post by vivabarca38 Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:42 am

"We need more time to acquire full physical fitness but the mental side of things also plays an important role,"
"Our fitness is not what it should be," he said. "Real Madrid are definitely going well and we will need more time. But I will convince my players that they can win."
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

guardiola:we need fitness to be ready to face real madrid Empty Re: guardiola:we need fitness to be ready to face real madrid

Post by Vapotrini Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:54 am

I honestly see Real winning the Super copa... they've been gelling for a while now. We on the other hand are yet to play with anything even close to our first eleven. We look beyond ordinary. Couple that with our notorious slow starting and we're gonna have to concede I fear.

No problem though. Cause while I think Pep is being extremely lax, Mou is undoubtedly pushing his boys too hard, too early. It's preseason ffs and EVERY game he has close to his best 11 out there. I rather be in our shoes tbh. No matter how fit you are, you're gonna tire towards the end of the season. And these gazillion goals Real is scoring now is gonna be a distant memory when they're crying that the've lost the league for the 4th straight year. Which is going to be their reality. And I also wager that this will be CR7's last year in Spain.

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

guardiola:we need fitness to be ready to face real madrid Empty Re: guardiola:we need fitness to be ready to face real madrid

Post by messixaviesta Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Vapotrini wrote:And I also wager that this will be CR7's last year in Spain.

Now that is bold. I will remember who said this first. Twisted Evil

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:37 pm

I wouldnt be that surprised.

His dreams surely havent come true as his dream club, while his former club have only got better without him.

If he keeps coming up second best, despite in his mind playing outstanding and it not being his fault, its not impossible for him to have doubts.

I mean, the defensive nature of Madrid vs us last season seemed to have a pretty profound effect on him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:09 pm

I too see Madrid winning the super copa.
As long as we appear ready for the new season I wouldn't mind that much though
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:52 pm

The Franchise wrote:I wouldnt be that surprised.

His dreams surely havent come true as his dream club, while his former club have only got better without him.

If he keeps coming up second best, despite in his mind playing outstanding and it not being his fault, its not impossible for him to have doubts.

I mean, the defensive nature of Madrid vs us last season seemed to have a pretty profound effect on him.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Now obviously I could be wrong but I don't see him settling for second best again. If Real can't win a major tourny this year, I think he'll want to move on.

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:05 pm

I as well fear Madrid, seeing as how they've been taking the preseason so seriously.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:52 pm

Diego forlan had joined athletico madrid three days after winning the copa america and messi,macherano,alexis have yet to join barca after failing miserably
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:02 pm

MARADONA>messi wrote:Diego forlan had joined athletico madrid three days after winning the copa america and messi,macherano,alexis have yet to join barca after failing miserably
Cool story, bro. Forlan didn't play 65 games last season

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:07 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
MARADONA>messi wrote:Diego forlan had joined athletico madrid three days after winning the copa america and messi,macherano,alexis have yet to join barca after failing miserably

so alexis and macherano did...cool story bro
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:17 pm

MARADONA>messi wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

nice name bro Razz cracked me up
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:49 pm

Fail miserably? Messi and Sanchez didn't fail miserably Suspect Messi was the player who created the most goal scoring opportunity average per 90 min in the whole tournament and IIRC messi had the highest assist in the tournement(with ganso) and would ahve higher if tevez,lavezzi and higuain(especially him) were such lousy finisher while sanchez had been chiles best player(with valdivia) and got a goal wrongly disallowed against venezuela.. Mascherano didn't fail miserably either..

Seriously did you watch the copa america?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:33 pm

I'm pretty puzzled by the absence of Sanchez tbh. The others had a very long year and they're already fully integrated into our system. However that's not the case with Sanchez, so why aren't we using these friendlies to incorporate him & test him in various positions? That after all is why these friendlies exist. The logic must be that he isn't going to be starting anyway, so there's plenty of time for him to familiarize himself with our style and play.

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:50 pm

harhar11 wrote:

Fail miserably? Messi and Sanchez didn't fail miserably Suspect Messi was the player who created the most goal scoring opportunity average per 90 min in the whole tournament and IIRC messi had the highest assist in the tournement(with ganso) and would ahve higher if tevez,lavezzi and higuain(especially him) were such lousy finisher while sanchez had been chiles best player(with valdivia) and got a goal wrongly disallowed against venezuela.. Mascherano didn't fail miserably either..

I mean with their country not individually. It doesn't matter that Argentina lost in penalties they should have finished them off from the beginning especially with Uruguay's team getting a red card Suspect chile's best player was vidal i didn't see what all the hype was about for sanchez

Seriously did you understand my comment?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:51 pm

xabi wrote:
MARADONA>messi wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

nice name bro Razz cracked me up

thanks? Smile
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:09 pm

MARADONA>messi wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

I mean with their country not individually. It doesn't matter that Argentina lost in penalties they should have finished them off from the beginning especially with Uruguay's team getting a red card Suspect chile's best player was vidal i didn't see what all the hype was about for sanchez

Seriously did you understand my comment?

You said that they failed miserably, which led me belive that you were talking on a individual level. You should have said that their country failed, although chile got unlucky with some decision from the referee Evil or Very Mad

I have no idea how you could think that vidal was chiles best player, atleast ahead of valdivia...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:28 am

The Franchise wrote:I wouldnt be that surprised.

dani, I have said before that you have a way with words. At times one needs to read your post very carefully because even one word missed out could make the reader lose the essence of what you are trying to say. An example is the line I underlined. I don't disagree with your or vapo's views but for such an expensive player at such a rich club, I just can't see him moving anywhere till his level goes down sufficiently for his price to go down significantly. At the moment only ManCity can afford him and it's very unlikely he will consider them. Chelsea maybe could afford him but it's almost as unlikely.

Also I must add a comment on our players not returning early. With our kind of small squad and the comfort level the first eleven have with each other, rest is several times more important than practice. Hence the more they rest the more it pleases me. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:50 am

Thats a good point JD, his price would be very high.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:41 am

The Franchise wrote:Thats a good point JD, his price would be very high.

If we have to sell that dude it will only be probably over 30-50m.

Now the wages could hinder the transfer.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:47 am

If he ever did leave, I think only Manchester City would be able to afford him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:52 am

The Franchise wrote:If he ever did leave, I think only Manchester City would be able to afford him.
You never know what clubs could be bought by sheiks in the future. Very Happy
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:55 am

Also true.

Sir Alex said he would welcome him back with open arms, duno if that is still on the table.

Doubt they would pay what you want anyway.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:20 am

Jack Daniels wrote:
If we have to sell that dude it will only be probably over 30-50m.

Now the wages could hinder the transfer.

Sell him for E30m? How many years are left on his contract? Wages is a very good point.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:23 am

Jack Daniels wrote:
You never know what clubs could be bought by sheiks in the future. Very Happy

Good point. To give the devil it's due, if they don't eat up a club the way the owners of Portsmouth did, they do add something to football by allowing the hitherto "small" teams to come up and thus adding something to the competition. We have seen ManCity already make major progress and it remains to be seen how far they can go. This season everyone will keep an eye on PSG and Malaga. As you say there could soon be more.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down