Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

+43
Arsenalfaithfull
Abramovich
Babun
Doc
JuvenelCuore
juberish
Lex
M99
Sushi Master
RealGunner
zarola
Lord Hades
spanky
TalkingReckless
usman111
Wilson37
Swanhends
djoe26
Amar
nichabr
:{Mr.Mustachio!
McLewis
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Iceman
Jay29
Raptorgunner
Josefaltafino
fatman123
izzy
dostoevsky
El Chelsea Fuerte
Ali
BarrileteCosmico
Adit
wigglesworth
Internal
RED
kiranr
REWB
mezzogiornese
BeautifulGame
Art Morte
InterMalia
47 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by InterMalia Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:21 pm

You're bound to notice us as there are more Serie a fans than epl fans around here.

InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1778
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by kiranr Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:22 pm

This is what happens when you let slip a 4-0 lead over Newcastle!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3496
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by juberish Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:24 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
juberish wrote:
Lex wrote:Doesn't help that there are a few insane Serie A suckers on the boards, either

they just want attention, we'd never even notice serie a if they didn't whine and talk so much trash

Says the MLS fan. Laughing

Only players from Europe who go there are money-hungry, or not fit enough to make a European team.

fact: Henry and Marquez could play anywhere in Europe and make more money
fact: 5 of our starters are constantly courted by teams in europe's top flight
fact: teams can only have 3 DPs above the salary cap, this is not Qatar. Teemu Tainio makes like 200k a year, is that greedy? He made more at Ajax.
question: what does MLS have to do with this thread? I'm here posting as an Arsenal supporter on a thread about playing a Serie A team.. I have no idea how MLS comes into the debate?
juberish
juberish
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:33 pm

juberish wrote:
Lex wrote:Doesn't help that there are a few insane Serie A suckers on the boards, either

they just want attention, we'd never even notice serie a if they didn't whine and talk so much trash

I suspect that there are more of us than you. Talk about talking trash.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 724
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by juberish Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:38 pm

more here? maybe

but globally? no way

juberish
juberish
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:41 pm

juberish wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
juberish wrote:
Lex wrote:Doesn't help that there are a few insane Serie A suckers on the boards, either

they just want attention, we'd never even notice serie a if they didn't whine and talk so much trash

Says the MLS fan. Laughing

Only players from Europe who go there are money-hungry, or not fit enough to make a European team.

fact: Henry and Marquez could play anywhere in Europe and make more money
fact: 5 of our starters are constantly courted by teams in europe's top flight
fact: teams can only have 3 DPs above the salary cap, this is not Qatar. Teemu Tainio makes like 200k a year, is that greedy? He made more at Ajax.
question: what does MLS have to do with this thread? I'm here posting as an Arsenal supporter on a thread about playing a Serie A team.. I have no idea how MLS comes into the debate?

Marquez would not play anywhere in Europe.

And money-hungry = Beckham. Love how your "facts" forget to include him. Convenient when it suits you.

Being "courted" means nothing. If they are constantly courted by them, and have not moved, there is a reason.

Do not trash the Serie A when you support the MLS. Simple.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4224
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by juberish Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:51 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Marquez would not play anywhere in Europe.

And money-hungry = Beckham. Love how your "facts" forget to include him. Convenient when it suits you.

Being "courted" means nothing. If they are constantly courted by them, and have not moved, there is a reason.

Do not trash the Serie A when you support the MLS. Simple.

lulz

a) yes, marquez could still play in europe... Barca had offers for him and Henry from the Prem, La Liga and Serie A, but instead released the players on free because they wanted to move to NY. I'm not saying they could start every game for a CL winning side any more, but they have value and are not washed up.

b) Beckham? he doesnt play for my team, has nothing to do with me. Also, how does one player allow you to define an entire league greedy? (whose wages average 80k annually) The whole league only has 22 designated players... only 22 players making over 350k a year. Only half of those make over a million a year. It seems you don't know much about MLS if you think it's defined by Beckham like players.

c) the players didn't move because they're under contract. see Joel Lindpere. They like NYC and playing with Henry, living in America and earning green cards, etc. Known how many RBNY players moved from MLS to Europe? I dunno, maybe half the USMNT....

d) I didn't trash Serie A. I just think Serie A fans have a napoleon complex. Always trying to assert what a great league they are, like you need to convince everyone. But this is irrelevant, your argument is still flawed. Supporting MLS has nothing to do with conversation. I follow the EPL and support Arsenal. I was commenting an thread involving Serie A and the EPL. It's just silly to bring MLS into the conversation.

Someone needs to read a book on logic.
juberish
juberish
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by Abramovich Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:04 pm

As poor as Arsenal are, I do expect them to win easily.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by juberish Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:06 pm

Ade wrote:As poor as Arsenal are, I do expect them to win easily.

"poor" relative to what?
juberish
juberish
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by REWB Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:15 pm

juberish wrote:
Ade wrote:As poor as Arsenal are, I do expect them to win easily.

"poor" relative to what?

lol he's a chelsea fan jub, dont mind him, he knows we smashed his team 3-1 not so long ago Laughing
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 5436
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by juberish Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:18 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
juberish wrote:
Ade wrote:As poor as Arsenal are, I do expect them to win easily.

"poor" relative to what?

lol he's a chelsea fan jub, dont mind him, he knows we smashed his team 3-1 not so long ago Laughing

I was in the stands for that one too.. Chelsea fans can't sing for shite
juberish
juberish
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:34 pm

Any one wants to wager a bet. I am a piss poor university student willing to put in a week’s worth of lunch money on the line via Paypal lol.
I am seen as a pessimist amongst the other arsenal fans, but even I think …nay, I will guarantee you Arsenal will "wipe the floor" with Udinese.... and win by 3 goals in aggregate.

So how about it guys?

EDIT: Arsenal will win with 3 goals or more in aggregate
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1726
Join date : 2011-07-14

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:00 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Any one wants to wager a bet. I am a piss poor university student willing to put in a week’s worth of lunch money on the line via Paypal lol.
I am seen as a pessimist amongst the other arsenal fans, but even I think …nay, I will guarantee you Arsenal will "wipe the floor" with Udinese.... and win by 3 goals in aggregate.

So how about it guys?

EDIT: Arsenal will win with 3 goals or more in aggregate


At least 3 goals on aggregate. Pozzo (the owner) weakened the team (to Serie B status) to compete in the Champions League. He has a unique style.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 724
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by Sushi Master Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:21 pm

wigglesworth wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Any one wants to wager a bet. I am a piss poor university student willing to put in a week’s worth of lunch money on the line via Paypal lol.
I am seen as a pessimist amongst the other arsenal fans, but even I think …nay, I will guarantee you Arsenal will "wipe the floor" with Udinese.... and win by 3 goals in aggregate.

So how about it guys?

EDIT: Arsenal will win with 3 goals or more in aggregate


At least 3 goals on aggregate. Pozzo (the owner) weakened the team (to Serie B status) to compete in the Champions League. He has a unique style.
Why aren't the fans running down streets and rioting right outside his house like with what happened with River? That's pretty disgraceful.

Unless Udinese are financialy in trouble and it's for long term stability.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by spanky Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:38 pm

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Tumblr_lp7kdlVu5k1qbtk2mo1_500
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1442
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by milanfan7 Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:08 am

Damn looks like I missed out on all the fun.

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Tumblr_lp7kdlVu5k1qbtk2mo1_500

This pic is so awesome on so many levels :coffee:
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 975
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 83

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by wigglesworth Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:24 am

I just posted that I thought Pozzo was an idiot, that he shamed Italy and that Udinese would lose by 4 goals on aggregate on a forum on Gazzetta dello Sport. heh, heh, heh.

The Udinese fans are asking for my head, although I have received much support from the Napoli fans who rightly say their owner strengthened Napoli for the CL.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 724
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:25 am

what does udinese fans there think about this tie ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89513
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by wigglesworth Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:29 am

RealGunner wrote:what does udinese fans there think about this tie ?

A few are realistic and say they will go to London just to have fun, and they know they are already eliminated. But most are saying that their 'Friulan" (they are kind of like Catalans) spirit will get them through. LOL My post really pissed them off.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 724
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by wigglesworth Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:35 am

Oh, they are like Catalans in that they have their own language and culture, but they are considered the most patriotic Italians, probably because they are on a border area.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 724
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by Lex Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:57 am

spanky489 wrote:Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Tumblr_lp7kdlVu5k1qbtk2mo1_500
Milanfan7 wrote:Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Tumblr_lp7kdlVu5k1qbtk2mo1_500
Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 9234496
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15099
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by The Verminator Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:11 am

hehe nice. I'm guessing you made this one?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1928
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by cyberman Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:31 am

Damn, so Italy could only have 2 teams in the CL while domestically losing Pastore, Sanchez and probably Sneidjer?

Oh my....

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 2011
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by andiii Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:35 am

as if pastore and sanchez's over inflated transfer fees make them big losses. it would be like EPL losing ashley young and wilshere - nobody would care. and if sneijder is replaced with tevez then that cancels that out too
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 1246
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by Ali Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:54 am

andiii wrote:as if pastore and sanchez's over inflated transfer fees make them big losses. it would be like EPL losing ashley young and wilshere - nobody would care. and if sneijder is replaced with tevez then that cancels that out too

considering both of them set an example for Englands upcoming youth, I'm pretty sure people would care Rolling Eyes
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3918
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by spanky Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:25 am

how much do u guys think the ticket will be at udinese stadium? i might even go watch the match since its like 1 hour away from me
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1442
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 7 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum