REWB
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Franchise
izzy
Gil
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

'Arry moaining about the Europa League - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Arry moaining about the Europa League

Post by wigglesworth Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:54 pm

The Franchise wrote:
zizzle wrote:
The Franchise wrote:How come Porto were able to play on a Thursday and still win their league?

Yes, Portugal is obviously easier the the PL, but Spurs dont have to win it, rather just finish top 6.

Its easily possible with good rotation to do well in both, no other teams in Europe seem to complain other then English teams I have to say.

Serie A teams dont just complain, they dont even bother

Sometimes I cant tell.

I mean, even if they wasn't trying, their best teams struggled in the CL, whats more it likely the others would do any better in the Europa, trying or not?

Struggled? Serie A has won the CL twice with two different teams over the past 5 years. Which league has done better?

wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

'Arry moaining about the Europa League - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Arry moaining about the Europa League

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:56 pm

wigglesworth wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
zizzle wrote:
The Franchise wrote:How come Porto were able to play on a Thursday and still win their league?

Yes, Portugal is obviously easier the the PL, but Spurs dont have to win it, rather just finish top 6.

Its easily possible with good rotation to do well in both, no other teams in Europe seem to complain other then English teams I have to say.

Sometimes I cant tell.

I mean, even if they wasn't trying, their best teams struggled in the CL, whats more it likely the others would do any better in the Europa, trying or not?

Struggled? Serie A has won the CL twice with two different teams over the past 5 years. Which league has done better?
He means Europa league, though. Clearly the Italian top clubs are better than the German ones, but it does not excuse their mediocre perfomance in what should be an easier competition.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:16 am

'Arry's already got an eye on the England post, I imagine. He's just getting his story going now so when he quits sometime after the halfway mark of the season he can just say, "Look at what I said at the beginning of the season, it shows I knew we'd have troubles."
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:19 am

wigglesworth wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
zizzle wrote:

Sometimes I cant tell.

argentina league has done it
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:47 am

Sushi Master wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
zizzle wrote:

Sometimes I cant tell.

He means Europa league, though. Clearly the Italian top clubs are better than the German ones, but it does not excuse their mediocre perfomance in what should be an easier competition.

Oh, Europa League. Italian teams are shameful, They can't wait to get eliminated so that they can concentrate on Serie A. That's much in tune with our character though. You see the most heroic matches of Italian teams when everything is against them and the prize is really substantial.

It has always been that way.

Notice how Inter eliminated Chelsea, Barcelona and Bayern (respective league champions) to win the CL. I would bet that if one of those teams had been an inferior French team, Inter would have been eliminated.

Or, Italy had to get through Germany the host in 2006.

Or Italy had to beat Argentina and Brazil to progress in 1982.

It is a really strange character trait.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:50 am

So, Italians are very determined when challenged, when in underdog positions or certain "glory" matches, but become complacent during what should be routine wins or less glamourous competitions?

I don't know, historically Italian clubs have done well everywhere, I'd say it's more a recent thing. I'm not gonna be a bitch and blame Calciopoli, though.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:34 am

The Franchise wrote:German clubs are inferior to their Italian counterparts? Says who?

Schalke looked alot better then Inter last time I saw them, that was 11th vs 2nd or something wasnt it?

Thats because the Germans actually seemed to care about their rank whereas all the Italian squads were stupid and careless enough to play their B squads and only focus on domestic.

Italy is now paying for that.

I don't see how the Germans did so well considering Stuttgart and Leverkusen were eliminated in the 1st round and Dortmund (Germany's 1st) did not even make it past the group stage. FYI, they all played their squads like it was the CL.

Italian teams simply did not compete enough simply out of apathy.

And how does it matter if Schalke faced an Inter team full of injuries and and a manager who has no concept of defense. Don't you remember the beat Bayern last year before Schalke? Nonetheless, this was an Inter who simply wasn't consistent enough the whole year due to manager changes and injuries. Plus, this Inter beat Barca, Chelsea and Bayern last year.

Strange logic here Dani.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:13 am

Considering Suprs dont even have a reserves team how will they use youth players scratch

If he is just holding them back to only play for few Europa league games without any other matches for whole season then isn't he basically ruining their career?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:22 am

Excuses already? Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2