REWB
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Franchise
izzy
Gil
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'Arry moaining about the Europa League Empty 'Arry moaining about the Europa League

Post by Gil Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Europa League can ruin Tottenham's Premier League title bid

Harry Redknapp has labelled Tottenham's Europa League campaign 'a killer' ahead of tomorrow's play-off draw.

Spurs would have to come through SEVENTEEN games to win the trophy and boss Redknapp believes those extra matches could severely hit chances of a title push.

Redknapp plans to rest senior players during the Euro campaign and give young hopefuls a chance to prove they can make the grade.

He said: "The young lads will get plenty of games in the Europa League because otherwise I think it's a killer, to be frank.

"Thursday and Sunday every week... a nightmare. You've got no chance in the Premier League with that, it kills you off.

"We will give those boys like Jake Livermore and Andros Townsend experience and see how we go.

"We've loaned a few young players out but we are going to keep a few behind and give them the chance to play in the European competition."

Spurs were the shock team of last season's Champions League before losing 5-0 on aggregate to Real Madrid in the quarter-finals.

Redknapp believes the extra day to recover from Champions League football makes a huge difference to Premier League preparations.

He added: "It's different in the Champions League when you play Tuesday or Wednesday, it's just got a different feel to it.

"You have to go to crazy places in this Europa League, all over the place - but we'll give it our best shot whatever we do."

The play-off is the final qualifying round for the Europa League with the winners going in to 12 groups of four, who play each other home and away.

Tottenham must name their 25-strong Europa League squad by midnight on August 9 while the Premier League 25 must be lodged on September 2.

Redknapp is demanding his team hit the ground running when they kick off the season at home to Everton on August 13 if they are to mount a serious title challenge.

Spurs play four of the title contenders in the opening six weeks and Redknapp has only boosted his squad with the arrival on a free of goalkeeper Brad Friedel, although a bid has been lodged for Blackburn centre-half Chris Samba.

The Spurs boss added: "We have an unbelievable start. Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal plus Liverpool in the first six weeks.

"It will be interesting. We'll soon find out how good we are.

"As for signing players, I don't want to leave it late like last season when we signed Rafa van der Vaart on the last day of the transfer window.

"But it's not easy to find players who are better than the ones you've got. If we don't get anybody we'll just get on with what we've got and give it our best shot. It's all we can do."

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

'Arry moaining about the Europa League Empty Re: 'Arry moaining about the Europa League

Post by izzy Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:40 pm

But Spurs are where they belong. :coffee:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

'Arry moaining about the Europa League Empty Re: 'Arry moaining about the Europa League

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:13 pm

How come Porto were able to play on a Thursday and still win their league?

Yes, Portugal is obviously easier the the PL, but Spurs dont have to win it, rather just finish top 6.

Its easily possible with good rotation to do well in both, no other teams in Europe seem to complain other then English teams I have to say.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:16 pm

izzy26 wrote:But Spurs are where they belong. :coffee:

13th? Suspect
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:24 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

13th? Suspect

Nah, Europa League. Cool

And dani is right. Already looking for excuses and whining before the season even starts and the groups are decided.

Good Ole' 'Arry.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:26 pm

The Franchise wrote:How come Porto were able to play on a Thursday and still win their league?

Yes, Portugal is obviously easier the the PL, but Spurs dont have to win it, rather just finish top 6.

Its easily possible with good rotation to do well in both, no other teams in Europe seem to complain other then English teams I have to say.

you HAVE TO win it if you want to make entering the competition worth while. even getting to the final and losing is not enough, to make a reasonable amount of money to be worth it. you have to win it. thats why i understand why he doesn't want to enter Europa
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:32 pm

Obviously Harry doesn't care for the Europe League. A bit disappointing. Not every club can be top class.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:48 pm

Crazy places? Yeah, because Russia, Portugal, Ukraine and the Balkans are sooo far away...

Another way of admitting he can't handle more than 2 competitions.

Typical 'Arry.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by aunshi Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:50 pm

Still bitter eh?

aunshi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Would prefer to see Liverpool in Europa league more than Spurs.

RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:03 pm

HAHAHA at Him talking like they ever had a chance to win the league!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:07 pm

The Franchise wrote:How come Porto were able to play on a Thursday and still win their league?

Serie A teams dont just complain, they dont even bother
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:08 pm

white_star wrote:HAHAHA at Him talking like they ever had a chance to win the league!
Their main objective is to finish above us

To them, getting further than us in the CL last year is the equivalent of actually winning the entire competition
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:16 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

you HAVE TO win it if you want to make entering the competition worth while. even getting to the final and losing is not enough, to make a reasonable amount of money to be worth it. you have to win it. thats why i understand why he doesn't want to enter Europa

Wait so, they can beat both Milans but dont have a chance of winning the Europa league?

edit: And forget money, what about the prestige of winning it? That alone is worth it.

You play football not for prize money, but for glory of winning things.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:20 pm

zizzle wrote:

Sometimes I cant tell.

I mean, even if they wasn't trying, their best teams struggled in the CL, whats more it likely the others would do any better in the Europa, trying or not?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:22 pm

The Franchise wrote:Sometimes I cant tell.

I mean, even if they wasn't trying, their best teams struggled in the CL, whats more it likely the others would do any better in the Europa, trying or not?
So why is it inferior German clubs don't struggle as much?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:25 pm

to think this dude could be managing England in a years time
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:25 pm

Sushi Master wrote:

Huh?

Which German clubs are inferior to who?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:29 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:

Huh?

Which German clubs are inferior to who?

The German clubs are inferior to their Italian counterparts. Yet they don't struggle in the EL and actually do pretty well. So well, they earned themselves a 4th spot Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:30 pm

German clubs are inferior to their Italian counterparts? Says who?

Schalke looked alot better then Inter last time I saw them, that was 11th vs 2nd or something wasnt it?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:33 pm

The English might complain but the Italians just play to lose...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:37 pm

Says like the whole internets. Hell, I'll go make a poll right here.

Yeah, although Bundesliga league rankings are chaotic and you can find solid teams down below (like Schalke).

The thing is, most people here believe Serie A is clearly better than the Bundesliga.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:39 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Says like the whole internets. Hell, I'll go make a poll right here.

Yeah, although Bundesliga league rankings are chaotic and you can find solid teams down below (like Schalke).

The thing is, most people here believe Serie A is clearly better than the Bundesliga.

I see. Well I dont really agree with that, at least not clearly.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:48 pm

"Europa League can ruin Tottenham's Premier League title bid"

Hahahahhahahahhahahha

i stopped reading there Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:54 pm

The Franchise wrote:
zizzle wrote:

Sometimes I cant tell.

Struggled? Serie A has won the CL twice with two different teams over the past 5 years. Which league has done better?
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next