What is the cause of Guardiola's success?

+35
Zealous
rsinatra
Sir Psycho
Ganso
jibers
izzy
nichabr
Lord Awesome
alexjanosik
white_star
Khaled
ChollaVille
Busby Babe
RED
Art Morte
SaintJoe
Abramovich
Doc
kiranr
♠Ace
StevieRayVaughan
El Chelsea Fuerte
BeautifulGame
windkick
B-Mac
harhar11
Albiceleste
awalezelin
Arquitecto
the xcx
The Madrid One
Ali
VivaStPauli
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
39 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

What is the cause of Guardiola's success? - Page 5 Empty Re: What is the cause of Guardiola's success?

Post by jibers Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:27 pm

Mou and pep are both great managers. Guardiolas tactics have ben the basis for spains success. Mourinho is a very practical man, he is not a revoutionary coach but a reaction coach. Still heis a great man, and people that say he is defensive need to get a grip. You do the best with what you have, chelsea being defensive under him is a myth, thye scored goals but because they were almot impossible to beat they were labelled defensive. Inter was different, he had to use what he had, and real scored the most goals in la liga last season. People seem to think that it is easy to attack barca. Pep is still for me the best COACH in the world, and he has been for a while. SAF is still the best MANAGER though.

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

What is the cause of Guardiola's success? - Page 5 Empty Re: What is the cause of Guardiola's success?

Post by Sir Psycho Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:30 pm

both could be Cult leaders if they wanted to
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:34 pm

He had great teachers. lol
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:36 pm

Pep's receding hair line is probably his only problem LOL.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by emassy Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:55 pm

I think it has everything to do with that '5-lettered word mickey mouse'. That what moratti didnt sign guardiola again this summer because he saw he(guardiola) wouldnt be a success without it.
emassy
emassy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:14 pm

emassy wrote:I think it has everything to do with that '5-lettered word mickey mouse'. That what moratti didnt sign guardiola again this summer because he saw he(guardiola) wouldnt be a success without it.

Did you talk with Moratti on the phone just now Very Happy

Give me his number, I'm gonna persuade him to take Bonera Very Happy
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:41 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:Mourinho is an average tactician.A one trick pony.
Pep schooled Mourinho at the Bernabeau by playing a waiting game and the supposed tactician genius was stumped.
Got his ass handed back to him.
Pep>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Special Five as a tactician.

When will Stoke fans realize that parking the bus doesnt take a tactical genius to pull off.Hell even the Stoke fans on here can do it.

Barca won that game through a mistake from the ref. More the refs fault than Pep's.

The closet Stoke fan.
Jog it on son.
The last time this happened I asked Stoke fans to kindly explain why the Special Five was so great tactically.And none could explain because he isnt.He is average tactically.Like I said any dumbo can park the bus.Hell even you can.
Doesnt mean you are Cruyff or Sacchi or Michels or Guardiola.

Then why isn't everyone beating Barca.

According to you, if Defensive Football doesn't reqire skill then why doesn't everyone beat Barca with it?

It takes extreme discipline to keep a team like Barca (who are also disciplined Attackwise) at bay. Why is it that only Madrid (and Arsenal) defeated Barca at their max.

When did I say it doesnt require skill.I said it doesnt take a tactical genius to PTB.Notice the difference.
Plenty of teams troubled us by parking the bus.Hercules,Rubin(a lot),Chelsea,Stoke and a few more.
Does it mean that the Rubin manager is a tactical genius.
No it does not.Same way the Special Five isnt a tactical genius just because he parked the bus.
Its really mundane and any decent football fan worth his salt can do it.
My challenge still stands.Kindly explain how the Special Five is a tactical genius?
But obviously you cant.Thats why you had to resort to talking about skill.

Oh so now because everyone does it means that he isn't a Tactical genius?

Then Guardiola must not be a genious because almost everyone in Latin America and Spain play the possesion game, according to you.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:52 pm

And to answer your current question a Mou's genius because he can actually vary his strategy and is effective at both Attacking and Defending. 5-0 was a fluke. A fluke how a man like Mou can make a Tactical mistake against the second best team in the world as evidenced by the remaining fixtures.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:56 pm

Fun Fact: Stark, Ovrebo what do they have in common? they singlehandedly take barca by the hand to 10+ trophies

what happens when they are not present?

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:59 pm

SaintJoe wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
The referee came out and admitted to it, and they got kicked out of the Champions League

Hmm... no we didn't?

Lionel Messi wrote:
If Porto didn't bribe the refs Mourinho wouldn't have won the champion's league with Porto

What? The bribery accusation was in the portuguese league.
Pwned..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
SaintJoe wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
The referee came out and admitted to it, and they got kicked out of the Champions League

Hmm... no we didn't?

Lionel Messi wrote:
If Porto didn't bribe the refs Mourinho wouldn't have won the champion's league with Porto

What? The bribery accusation was in the portuguese league.
Pwned..
Don't see how he "pwned" me he just said nope when I provided links from reputable newspapers, plus the referee came out and admitted to it ffs, Porto bribed referees its a fact.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:04 pm

The Madrid One wrote:Fun Fact: Stark, Ovrebo what do they have in common? they singlehandedly take barca by the hand to 10+ trophies

You realize that a few referees mistakes was the reason Inter got past Barcelona last year right? Mourinho is a hypocrite, scum and is extremely deluded and he has people following him around like a cult or something its pathetic honestly even more so for people to listen to him and believe him.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:06 pm

The Madrid One wrote:Fun Fact: Stark, Ovrebo what do they have in common? they singlehandedly take barca by the hand to 10+ trophies

It happens that Barça gets knocked out by two bad referee decisions, Milito's offside goal and Bojan's wrongly ruled out goal?

On topic, why are you still discussing this? Isn't it clear? Barça has very good players and Guardiola is a genius in almost every managing department (fitness, tactics, set pieces, motivation) except transfers and man mangement. Answered.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:13 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:Don't see how he "pwned" me he just said nope when I provided links from reputable newspapers

I said no because you said we'd been excluded from the Champions League. Which we weren't. Maybe you should check your sources more carefully next time.

Wish we'd had been though. That 5-0 vs Arsenal was very painful No
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:21 pm

SaintJoe wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:Don't see how he "pwned" me he just said nope when I provided links from reputable newspapers

I said no because you said we'd been excluded from the Champions League. Which we weren't. Maybe you should check your sources more carefully next time.

Wish we'd had been though. That 5-0 vs Arsenal was very painful No
Well you guys were omitted at first and then Porto appealed and they reverted the decision ☀

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:22 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
Well you guys were omitted at first and then Porto appealed and they reverted the decision ☀

That's right! Thumbs up
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:33 pm

free_cat wrote:

It happens that Barça gets knocked out by two bad referee decisions, Milito's offside goal and Bojan's wrongly ruled out goal?

On topic, why are you still discussing this? Isn't it clear? Barça has very good players and Guardiola is a genius in almost every managing department (fitness, tactics, set pieces, motivation) except transfers and man mangement. Answered.

Funny how you forgot Milito had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside.

Deluded Barcists.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:42 pm

free_cat wrote:

i like pulling your chains, that goes to lionel messi too.. Laughing just a bit of fun

im just kidding.. but its true you know..

lets say madrid was in the position you guys were and got helped big time by referees and won 2 cls because of it. i would acknowledge it and not so blindly go into the defense bounce

Last edited by The Madrid One on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:43 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:

You realize that a few referees mistakes was the reason Inter got past Barcelona last year right? Mourinho is a hypocrite, scum and is extremely deluded and he has people following him around like a cult or something its pathetic honestly even more so for people to listen to him and believe him.
dont bother arguing Razz Cool
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5