the xcx
FennecFox7
shinigami99
Albiceleste
Khaled
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Friendly Match "US Tour":  Chivas vs FCBarcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Friendly Match "US Tour": Chivas vs FCBarcelona

Post by shinigami99 Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:34 am

harhar11 wrote:I didn't see this game, but I heard that barca were pretty good in the first half hitting the bar twice?

Put it this way, it was a tale of two VERY different halves. First half was pretty much standard pre-season; a little shaky at the back and not too solid going forward but there were alot of great chances which should have been taken.

2nd half was one of the worst halves I've ever seen a Barcelona team play. We couldn't string 4 passes together and our defense was shockingly bad

shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Friendly Match "US Tour":  Chivas vs FCBarcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Friendly Match "US Tour": Chivas vs FCBarcelona

Post by harhar11 Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:36 am

shinigami99 wrote:
harhar11 wrote:I didn't see this game, but I heard that barca were pretty good in the first half hitting the bar twice?

Put it this way, it was a tale of two VERY different halves. First half was pretty much standard pre-season; a little shaky at the back and not too solid going forward but there were alot of great chances which should have been taken.

2nd half was one of the worst halves I've ever seen a Barcelona team play. We couldn't string 4 passes together and our defense was shockingly bad

Aiight, but wasn't it also true that we were only playing 3 regular starter at the time(iniesta,pedro and abidal) plus busquets,who I heard was pretty terrible today, as a CB when they scored 4 goals?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:58 am

El Pipita wrote:I see Barca trying to fool Madrid but that does not change our tactics Very Happy
Change your tactics into not parking the bus? bounce

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:10 am

harhar11 wrote:
shinigami99 wrote:

Aiight, but wasn't it also true that we were only playing 3 regular starter at the time(iniesta,pedro and abidal) plus busquets,who I heard was pretty terrible today, as a CB when they scored 4 goals?

Well tbh, Iniesta and Pedro were pretty bad as well...probably not as bad as busquets. Iniesta cannot carry the team by himself. I'm sure Messi would be able to carry almost any team(although he isn't able to do this for Argentina because most teams actually have "tactics"). That said, Iniesta had to play all three roles(messixaviesta) after Thiago went off which is impossible. Pedro wasn't doing much except trying to make runs.
Abida was a bit slow but he was still quite sound
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:21 am

shinigami99 wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
shinigami99 wrote:

Well tbh, Iniesta and Pedro were pretty bad as well...probably not as bad as busquets. Iniesta cannot carry the team by himself. I'm sure Messi would be able to carry almost any team(although he isn't able to do this for Argentina because most teams actually have "tactics"). That said, Iniesta had to play all three roles(messixaviesta) after Thiago went off which is impossible. Pedro wasn't doing much except trying to make runs.
Abida was a bit slow but he was still quite sound

Pedro usually don't do much more than linkup well with messi/villa,make runs and press the opponent. So I don't think that pedro would be useful in a game like this...

And I really wish that guardiola would stop playing 7 youngster and bench warmer at the same time, but maybe atm we have no choice...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:19 am

surprised no one is claiming Barca played there C team .... :coffee:

usually the norm after a loss
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:20 am

My thoughts on today's game:

1) We're far from ready for Real Madrid and still missing our most important player along with Alves, Sanchez and a few of our better youth I'll be surprised if we are ready when the Supercopa comes. I'm not expecting much from this game. Though it doesn't bother me either. Our priority should be ensuring we are ready for La Liga.

2) I've said it before and I'll say it again as it is showing up big at the moment. Pep has created a wonderful team. One of his main aims was clearly to centre the team around Messi and extract 100% from his star man, because a Barca at 100% with Messi at 100% has proven unbeatable. However, the side-effect of this has been that the team now almost forgets how to play without him... or the style is so specific to exploiting Messi's game, that when you take him away, we're half that team. Not to say that with the rest of the players fit we'd be this bad, we'd still be one of the top teams but not 'the' best.

Its simple, with this false 9 thing... right now, we need Messi. Hopefully Sanchez can play there, because while Villa is a great striker and can play centrally, Pedro is useless there as shown today. We need Messi and hopefully Sanchez to play this style.

3) Keita's lost it. I don't see the same player I saw 2 seasons ago. Last season he showed glimpses of the impact he can have as a goalscorer and a worker in midfield, but he wasn't up to the same level and he will only be worse this season (he already is). He can't play the Busquets role and I can't see him being very helpful from the bench anymore. His play right now only slows down our passing. I think his time is up, though I'd be surprised to see him go.

4) Pedro's quite a useless forward without players to work off. Never got to work with Iniesta and was completely lost in his role as CF today with Carmona, Deulofeu and Cuenca working around him who gave him absolutely nothing. While Pedro's brilliant at what he does, at the end of the day he's a poacher who works really hard, without his buddies around him he's not much more useful than Carmona.

5) Deulofeu has a long way to come. Well I could have already told you that, but now I think some others will admit it too... (hopefully Khaled-'OMFG Deulofeu's a God'-barca). He's got a wonderful talent and could, and should, be world class, but he's 17 right now and has a lot too learn. Not sure whether he's ready for the B team, but I hope he does well there. Could have done with another year with the U19s.

6) We won't be seeing much of this lot of B-teamers in the near future... Carmona, Cuenca, Armando, Dos Santos at right back, Espinosa, Balliu... None of these guys will start for Barca B... so yes like others say, we did play half our C team. They're nowhere near the quality expected and right now its showing. Montoya, Roberto, Bartra, Gomez, Muniesa, Tello and Kiko are the players we could do with.

7) We've been playing badly... and while its not a big concern, because we're missing lots of players, we do need to start improving from now otherwise we won't be ready. I'm surprised how much time we've afforded the Copa America guys... I expected Sanchez to be keen to start... he should have been there since day 1 of the US tour in my opinion.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:37 am

Just wondering has Pep ever talked about a Plan B if Messi gets injured during the season? Because it seems pretty stupid to think that he can keep going on without getting injured during a season.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:55 am

english_jewel wrote:Just wondering has Pep ever talked about a Plan B if Messi gets injured during the season? Because it seems pretty stupid to think that he can keep going on without getting injured during a season.

This is more or less what I'm getting at... I think Pep's got as close to perfection with his team as possible... now I think his next steps are:

a) Creating a team that a host of players can step into without there being much effect on the team's performance... even Messi.

b) Securing the future. Bringing through youngsters and ensuring a continuity, because the squad is certainly capable of dominating for longer.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:01 am

BarcaKizz wrote:My thoughts on today's game:

1) We're far from ready for Real Madrid and still missing our most important player along with Alves, Sanchez and a few of our better youth I'll be surprised if we are ready when the Supercopa comes. I'm not expecting much from this game. Though it doesn't bother me either. Our priority should be ensuring we are ready for La Liga.

2) I've said it before and I'll say it again as it is showing up big at the moment. Pep has created a wonderful team. One of his main aims was clearly to centre the team around Messi and extract 100% from his star man, because a Barca at 100% with Messi at 100% has proven unbeatable. However, the side-effect of this has been that the team now almost forgets how to play without him... or the style is so specific to exploiting Messi's game, that when you take him away, we're half that team. Not to say that with the rest of the players fit we'd be this bad, we'd still be one of the top teams but not 'the' best.

Its simple, with this false 9 thing... right now, we need Messi. Hopefully Sanchez can play there, because while Villa is a great striker and can play centrally, Pedro is useless there as shown today. We need Messi and hopefully Sanchez to play this style.

3) Keita's lost it. I don't see the same player I saw 2 seasons ago. Last season he showed glimpses of the impact he can have as a goalscorer and a worker in midfield, but he wasn't up to the same level and he will only be worse this season (he already is). He can't play the Busquets role and I can't see him being very helpful from the bench anymore. His play right now only slows down our passing. I think his time is up, though I'd be surprised to see him go.

4) Pedro's quite a useless forward without players to work off. Never got to work with Iniesta and was completely lost in his role as CF today with Carmona, Deulofeu and Cuenca working around him who gave him absolutely nothing. While Pedro's brilliant at what he does, at the end of the day he's a poacher who works really hard, without his buddies around him he's not much more useful than Carmona.

5) Deulofeu has a long way to come. Well I could have already told you that, but now I think some others will admit it too... (hopefully Khaled-'OMFG Deulofeu's a God'-barca). He's got a wonderful talent and could, and should, be world class, but he's 17 right now and has a lot too learn. Not sure whether he's ready for the B team, but I hope he does well there. Could have done with another year with the U19s.

6) We won't be seeing much of this lot of B-teamers in the near future... Carmona, Cuenca, Armando, Dos Santos at right back, Espinosa, Balliu... None of these guys will start for Barca B... so yes like others say, we did play half our C team. They're nowhere near the quality expected and right now its showing. Montoya, Roberto, Bartra, Gomez, Muniesa, Tello and Kiko are the players we could do with.

7) We've been playing badly... and while its not a big concern, because we're missing lots of players, we do need to start improving from now otherwise we won't be ready. I'm surprised how much time we've afforded the Copa America guys... I expected Sanchez to be keen to start... he should have been there since day 1 of the US tour in my opinion.

Pep should have accepted sanchez request to skip his vacation

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:04 am

I wouldn't take any conclusions about Deulofeu for Chivas game. He just arrived from winning the Euro 19 3 days ago and playing 120 minutes in the final, so he was probably tired, hangover, and jetlagged.

I've seen him destroy Second division defences in the 40 odd minutes he has played. He is more than ready for B team.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:08 am

It is a good thing all the Copa America players are being given this much vacation. They need to be fit for the whole season and there are going to be a lot of games.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:53 am

kiranr wrote:It is a good thing all the Copa America players are being given this much vacation. They need to be fit for the whole season and there are going to be a lot of games.

I don't agree entirly. I might be good thing in the long run but they wont be in top form for el clasico.
I don't really care about the trophy, but I hate losing to the evil empire

And also, look at Di Maria and Higuain they are back already at Real Madrid or Forlan, who played more games in the copa america..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:56 am

harhar11 wrote:
kiranr wrote:It is a good thing all the Copa America players are being given this much vacation. They need to be fit for the whole season and there are going to be a lot of games.

I don't agree entirly. I might be good thing in the long run but they wont be in top form for el clasico.

And also, look at Di Maria and Higuain they are back already at Real Madrid or Forlan, who played more games in the copa america..

That is true, but Mourinho has a huge squad at his disposal. Barcelona do not have that. He can easily rotate players to ensure adequate rest in between the season.

As far as i can tell, Sanchez may end up taking the starting spot from Pedro. In such a case, it is always better to keep the players fresh for the latter part of the season.

We lost the Copa Del Rey anyway to Madrid. As long as we retain the league title this season, i will be happy. A CL will be a bonus!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:10 pm

No need for over analysis guys I feel, its preseason. Some interesting comments none the less.

Nothing wrong with any of the comments, but just saying, I personally aint really interesting in digging deep and analyzing things which arent important.

Pre-season is never about results. Not surprisingly, people seem to care about results and make judgement from them bit that's not really my thing.

All I see preseason as is players getting match fitness and sharpness and secondary how some of the youth/fringe players can impress.

Some nice goals from Chivas, has to be said.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:05 pm

harhar11 wrote:

So you'd rather us win the SSC than have a better chance at La Liga? Laughing

You need to take into account that with the Copa America and the Wolrd Cup these players need a rest now more than ever. Pep is right not to take them back.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:25 pm

The Franchise wrote:No need for over analysis guys I feel, its preseason. Some interesting comments none the less.

Nothing wrong with any of the comments, but just saying, I personally aint really interesting in digging deep and analyzing things which arent important.

Pre-season is never about results. Not surprisingly, people seem to care about results and make judgement from them bit that's not really my thing.

All I see preseason as is players getting match fitness and sharpness and secondary how some of the youth/fringe players can impress.

100% spot on.

I would like to add that I was really disappointed with the line saying Barca fans booed their team. After winning so many trophies in the last three years and earning the kind of praise from football's luminaries that are beyond anyone's wildest dreams, if fans can do that on one bad day for a team in an utterly meaningless match, well I don't think they should call themselves Barca fans - as simple as that. I for one wouldn't want to have much to do with such individuals. Sad

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:42 pm

As I said before... nothing to worry about.

However, there's no need to stop all discussions because 'these games are pointless'. We can still take a look at the way the team is playing. I'm not interested or concerned with the results but I am interested in making observations on the performance of the team.

Other than being harsh on Deulofeu (saying he's not ready for B), I don't think anything I've said is simply clutching at straws.

I invite you to seriously look at my points... This isn't all in reaction to the friendly, but thoughts that have been brewing in my head for a while. It took me time to write, so I wouldn't talking about performances rather than saying 'nothing matters'.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:52 pm

Yeah, as I said, nothing wrong with the comments and nothing wrong with discussing.

Just saying, I personally wont make judgement like Pedro cant play this position and Keita is finished.

I am sure you have reason beyound the friendlies to come to that conclusion and I am not even saying I am in disagreement with many things. I just dont have anything to say and I wouldnt like to make over judgement off the back of the game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:27 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOWW Its just a friendly/pre-season..

don't worry, don't come with nonsense conclusion becuz of a friendly match, we played with our of B/C team, players ( with not enough experience).. I prefer losing by 4 Goals giving some playing time for our youth that will help them alot in the future, rather than playing with First team & winning by 7 goals on a Chinese team (Youth ending @ Getafe/bench lol! )

Barca were playing very gd in the 1st half, with alot of chances on goal including to balls on the post.. Villa goal's after brilliant long pass by Pique.. although Villa did miss some easy chances.. We were okay until 60/65' (1-0 Up) playing with some B team players like:

- Carmona who had a decent game playing ( false "9"), Fontas played 30 minutes along with Pique (CB Pair) & was also gd.. JDS on Righback is not a gd idea, he is CM/DM.. Cuenca was okay also showed some gd skills & was dangerous when he have the ball!

Midfield:
- Xavi not @ his best, which is normal, his first match in preseason, Thiago was gd like always ( this preseason).. Kieta can't play Busq's role, i prefer to see JDS playing this role!

@60' Muniesa ( back from injury, who got injured again after the match :S:S he is out for another 3 weeks now), Gomez, Espinosa, Balliu, Deulofeu.. GREAT talents for sure.. but they still have to play with Barca B first, gain more experince & get better physically!

we played in the last 30 minutes with this lineup:

Deulofeu ,Pedro & Riverola upfront

Midfield: Iniesta- JDS - Espinosa

Muniesa - Busq - Armando - Balliu

Pinto
------

Barca U-19 players entered the match very shaky.. which lead to conceed goals especially from counterattacks..
- Deulofeu who played Euro U-19 Final "120 minutes" 48 hours ago, no experince, yet to play for Barca"B", was not ready for this match, it was better to rest him & give him some minutes on Saturday! " can't judge him on this match"
- Espinosa, wasn't gd when he first entered the pitch, but with time he gained confidence, linked better with Iniesta especially in last 10 minutes creating two gd chances!

These kids are very talented "YES" i'm sure they can be promoted to the first team in future, but they need experience & should develop physically.. This is what they will get @ Barca "B" next season, until they get ready to make the first team in future..

Visca el Barca <3
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:46 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:WOOOOOOOOOOOOWW Its just a friendly/pre-season..

don't worry, don't come with nonsense conclusion becuz of a friendly match, we played with our of B/C team, players ( with not enough experience).. I prefer losing by 4 Goals giving some playing time for our youth that will help them alot in the future, rather than playing with First team & winning by 7 goals on a Chinese team (Youth ending @ Getafe/bench lol! )

Barca were playing very gd in the 1st half, with alot of chances on goal including to balls on the post.. Villa goal's after brilliant long pass by Pique.. although Villa did miss some easy chances.. We were okay until 60/65' (1-0 Up) playing with some B team players like:

- Carmona who had a decent game playing ( false "9"), Fontas played 30 minutes along with Pique (CB Pair) & was also gd.. JDS on Righback is not a gd idea, he is CM/DM.. Cuenca was okay also showed some gd skills & was dangerous when he have the ball!

Midfield:
- Xavi not @ his best, which is normal, his first match in preseason, Thiago was gd like always ( this preseason).. Kieta can't play Busq's role, i prefer to see JDS playing this role!

@60' Muniesa ( back from injury, who got injured again after the match :S:S he is out for another 3 weeks now), Gomez, Espinosa, Balliu, Deulofeu.. GREAT talents for sure.. but they still have to play with Barca B first, gain more experince & get better physically!

Pinto
------

Barca U-19 players entered the match very shaky.. which lead to conceed goals especially from counterattacks..
- Deulofeu who played Euro U-19 Final "120 minutes" 48 hours ago, no experince, yet to play for Barca"B", was not ready for this match, it was better to rest him & give him some minutes on Saturday! " can't judge him on this match"
- Espinosa, wasn't gd when he first entered the pitch, but with time he gained confidence, linked better with Iniesta especially in last 10 minutes creating two gd chances!

These kids are very talented "YES" i'm sure they can be promoted to the first team in future, but they need experience & should develop physically.. This is what they will get @ Barca "B" next season, until they get ready to make the first team in future..

Visca el Barca <3

I get what you're saying but again, these youngsters need to PROVE themselves. If it was 2-1 or even 3-1 it would be ok. However, we are boasting the best youth academy in the world and our defense looked in shambles against a Mexican league team. I know it was pre-season, but this where the youngsters try to put their names in the back of Pep's mind when selecting teams for the Copa del rey or even normal league matches. What I saw yesterday wasn't that. At the very least, our B team Defense was really bad(when Pique and left, it all went downhill). We didn't really have the ball for too long(without losing possession) for the last 15 minutes so I can't really judge the attack.

That said, I'll wait to see how we perform in the next pre-season game to make any reasoned conclusions
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:06 pm

shinigami99 wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:WOOOOOOOOOOOOWW Its just a friendly/pre-season..

Midfield:

Pinto
------

Visca el Barca <3

I get what you're saying but again, these youngsters need to PROVE themselves. If it was 2-1 or even 3-1 it would be ok. However, we are boasting the best youth academy in the world and our defense looked in shambles against a Mexican league team. I know it was pre-season, but this where the youngsters try to put their names in the back of Pep's mind when selecting teams for the Copa del rey or even normal league matches. What I saw yesterday wasn't that. At the very least, our B team Defense was really bad(when Pique and left, it all went downhill). We didn't really have the ball for too long(without losing possession) for the last 15 minutes so I can't really judge the attack.

That said, I'll wait to see how we perform in the next pre-season game to make any reasoned conclusions

Until 60' we were gd.. up by 1 goal & playing some B team players..

Villa - Carmona - Cuenca
Thiago - Kieta - Xavi
Abidal - Pique - Fontas/Gomez - JDS
Pinto

This line-up was a mix of First team players/starters ( Villa, Xavi, Pique, Abidal) & other Bench B team Player.. plus some new players like Cuenca & S.Gomez.. both played their role & were gd!

But IMO, the problem was last 30 minutes line-up, here i think Guardiola made a Mistake..
he played with Duelofeu,Edpinosa, Muniesa, Balliu @ same time with players like JDS,Riverola, Armando, Pinto, Busq as Cb & Iniesta/Pedro as starters..

if u look @ this line-up.. alot of young/unexperienced players, not ready physically vs a Top Mexican side !
muniesa was back from injury & Deulofeu played 120 minutes in Euro U-19 final 48 hours ago.. both were not ready.. line-up was weak! Espinosa,Deulofeu should have played each in one half.. same for other players.. u can't play with 4/5 U-19 players @ same time & expect to perform like frst half!!!

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:09 pm

Why do the youngsters have to prove themselves though? They arent playing for us this season.

Its good to see them and you hope they can do well, but they are playing against grown men, you cant expect them to just have their way.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:15 pm

This STAT is Funny! lol Smile

Barcelona had 75% ball possession last night which was the highest among any team in the World Football Challenge [OptaJoe]
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:26 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:No need for over analysis guys I feel, its preseason. Some interesting comments none the less.

100% spot on.

I would like to add that I was really disappointed with the line saying Barca fans booed their team. After winning so many trophies in the last three years and earning the kind of praise from football's luminaries that are beyond anyone's wildest dreams, if fans can do that on one bad day for a team in an utterly meaningless match, well I don't think they should call themselves Barca fans - as simple as that. I for one wouldn't want to have much to do with such individuals. Sad
I agree with you on the comment on the barca fans booing their own team. People in the US though aren't really familiar with football. they expect barca to win all their games.. which is understandable
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:33 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

So you'd rather us win the SSC than have a better chance at La Liga? Laughing

You need to take into account that with the Copa America and the Wolrd Cup these players need a rest now more than ever. Pep is right not to take them back.

As I said I don't care about the trophy, its just that I hate losing to that team.

And we usually always have a horrible start for the season imo because alot of the players usually lack match fitness because of the lack of preseason..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next