Go down

Spain's two horse race - Page 8 Empty Re: Spain's two horse race

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:06 pm

izzy26 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
izzy26 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
izzy26 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Because teams finishing 4th in PL are always far superior to teams finishing 4th in La liga for years.So just because Villareal finished 4th in La liga means they are as good as City or Liverpool.

Waiting for this exact reply.

What's your proof? Or are you spouting rubbish?

Really tough to understand i see?
The team finished 4th in PL reached QF of last 3 CL.How did the 4th placed La liga teams perform in CL.

Are u just pretending to be ignorant or just spouting rubbish?

Nah, i'm using the blind logic. Basing my conclusions on assumptions and then when presented with facts, write them off and bring in my own that benefit my arguement.

Hear this then, when Inter won the treble, not a single EPL team got past the QF. League must suck hard, huh?

And how did PL teams perform next year or the year before?When was the last time 4th best team in La liga performed better than the 4th best team in PL? U are trying to draw conclusion based on exceptions whereas i am doing it based on the norm.

Just being in denial doesnt make ur arguement logical and others spouting rubbish.

Oh, I get it. The team placed 4th in your league must go far in th CL for the whole league to be deemed competitive.

How brilliant.

Don't forgt about all those title contenders now. I think Swansea can go the win league because they might beat a top 4 team.

Did u even understood the arguement?

BeautifulGame wrote:
Because teams finishing 4th in PL are always far superior to teams finishing 4th in La liga for years.So just because Villareal finished 4th in La liga means they are as good as City or Liverpool.

And u asked proof for that.

izzy26 wrote:
Waiting for this exact reply.

What's your proof? Or are you spouting rubbish?

U asked proof for this and i suppose 4th best team from PL outperforming 4th best team from La liga in CL for years is proof for that.

Its clear u are in denial nothing else.No point explaining something to one who just pretends to be ignorant.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:11 pm

what about 5th? lmao

La liga teams have bossed Uefa cup in last decade does that means all teams below 5th of la liga are better than EPL?

Looking at your logic ,its that way.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:12 pm

So much illogic in this thread. Typical league vs league rambling LOL

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:13 pm

Adit wrote:what about 5th? lmao

La liga teams have bossed Uefa cup in last decade does that means all teams below 5th of la liga are better than EPL?

Looking at your logic ,its that way.

And what does this exactly have to do with Liverpool and City better than Sevilla and Atletico?

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:14 pm

Last year all EPL teams got ass whipped by La liga team.haha

Best league evaa
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:15 pm

Villareal was better than pool last season.Perfomance wise and achievement wise.

so its not ridiculous to say villareal is better than pool is it?

Last edited by Adit on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Yet the 4th placed team in the EPL has CONSISTENTLY outdone the 4th placed team in La Liga.

Your argument fails Adit. EPL > La Liga as proven by how far they go in the CL
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Adit wrote:Last year all EPL teams got ass whipped by La liga team.haha

Best league evaa

Nope.It means one of the best team ever.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:27 pm

Iceman wrote:Izzy's getting owned Cool

Yeah. I'm getting owned because EPL has ONE more choker of a title contender and had a smaller gap between 2nd and 3rd.
I'm getting owned because 4th place in the EPL got to the QF of the CL and that makes EPL more competitive.
I'm getting owned because Sunderlnd beat Chelsea and that now makes them threat.
I'm getting owned becasue the the Big two teams in the Epl dropped in quality last year. Don't worry though, United have improved greatly so we will see how the rest of the league looks from underneath them, as usual.

I never said La liga was better but to compltley base judgement on who an win a league determines a whole league is just so idiotic. There is more to a league than title contenders. But who cares right.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:29 pm

All EPL clubs are on another level because 4th place teams CL perfomance that matters

carry on premfaces Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:31 pm

Iceman wrote:Yet the 4th placed team in the EPL has CONSISTENTLY outdone the 4th placed team in La Liga.

Your argument fails Adit. EPL > La Liga as proven by how far they go in the CL

Until recently, EPL had no competition for top 4. Meaning EPL sent Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd And Liverpool to CL every single season for half a decade. The teams get experience, they can keep players who demand CL football, they learn how to handle the strain of keeping up in two big competitions and they get CL money every year. While La Liga have sent Real Madrid and Barcelona coupled with a new combo of Sevilla, Villarreal, Atl. Madrid or Valencia every year.

Look how EPL "CL dominance" drop as the competition for the top 4 spots grows stronger and teams go in and out of CL footie each year.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:31 pm

See, I can understand Izzy's point. I disagree with him, but I can see where he's coming from. Adit, on the other hand, has been proven wrong using his own logic yet he still thinks he's right which just baffles me.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:33 pm

Iceman wrote:See, I can understand Izzy's point. I disagree with him, but I can see where he's coming from. Adit, on the other hand, has been proven wrong using his own logic yet he still thinks he's right which just baffles me.

I understand wht your saying aswell, and there is no doubt that EPL is currently the better league. But La Liga is not as far behind as people make it out to be.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:35 pm

paperbackwriter wrote:

Until recently, EPL had no competition for top 4. Meaning EPL sent Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd And Liverpool to CL every single season for half a decade. The teams get experience, they can keep players who demand CL football, they learn how to handle the strain of keeping up in two big competitions and they get CL money every year. While La Liga have sent Real Madrid and Barcelona coupled with a new combo of Sevilla, Villarreal, Atl. Madrid or Valencia every year.

Look how EPL "CL dominance" drop as the competition for the top 4 spots grows stronger and teams go in and out of CL footie each year.

Spurs were completely new to the CL last season, but look at how far they got.

So, let me get this straight: If EPL teams don't perform in the freakin Europa League, a La Liga fan would say "Oh look! We beat you in the Europa league so our teams must be better". If we constantly perform well, then its because of the lack of competition.

Then afterwards I get called a "premface". There needs to be a word to describe La Liga fans really, because there's just no pleasing them
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:36 pm

izzy26 wrote:
Iceman wrote:See, I can understand Izzy's point. I disagree with him, but I can see where he's coming from. Adit, on the other hand, has been proven wrong using his own logic yet he still thinks he's right which just baffles me.

I understand wht your saying aswell, and there is no doubt that EPL is currently the better league. But La Liga is not as far behind as people make it out to be.

I don't think that La Liga is "that" far behind, I just believe that there is a noticeable difference in quality between the 3rd,4th,5th and maybe even 6th top teams in the EPL compared to their counterparts in the La Liga just like there's a noticeable difference between the top 2 in each league.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:41 pm

Iceman wrote:I don't think that La Liga is "that" far behind, I just believe that there is a noticeable difference in quality between the 3rd,4th,5th and maybe even 6th top teams in the EPL compared to their counterparts in the La Liga just like there's a noticeable difference between the top 2 in each league.

This is the only thing I disagree with. I really don't rate Spurs and City. Pool and Arsenal are a different case, but I do believe that Sevilla, Valencia and Villarreal can give the before mentioned teams a good game.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:41 pm

La Liga fan boys (the extremists pretty obivous who they are n i won't name them)

Spain's two horse race - Page 8 Americanidolworstauditi
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:42 pm

izzy26 wrote:

If this is directed at me i never said La liga is far behind PL.I just said the likes of City Arsenal and Liverpool are easily better than Villareal Atletico and Sevilla.Basically the teams fitting for 4th spot in PL are better than La liga.I dont know how this can be constructed as saying PL is far better than La liga on the whole idk

I didnt even start that arguement until a la liga fan posted this.

Lionel Messi wrote:imo, Valencia and Arsenal are about as good as each other, Villareal is a bit better than Spurs, and Sevilla is better than Liverpool
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:43 pm

Iceman wrote:
paperbackwriter wrote:

Spurs were completely new to the CL last season, but look at how far they got.

So, let me get this straight: If EPL teams don't perform in the freakin Europa League, a La Liga fan would say "Oh look! We beat you in the Europa league so our teams must be better". If we constantly perform well, then its because of the lack of competition.

Then afterwards I get called a "premface". There needs to be a word to describe La Liga fans really, because there's just no pleasing them

Tottenham did good, but as soon as they ran into a strong CL team they got steamrolled. They had a great game home against Inter thought and they scraped by against a Milan which couldn't finish their chances. They didn't look nowhere as strong as Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal looked when they were all strong in the CL at the same time.

I've never used the premface expression. Never. But I brought up a very valid point, in regards to recent history in CL.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:45 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

If this is directed at me i never said La liga is far behind PL.I just said the likes of City Arsenal and Liverpool are easily better than Villareal Atletico and Sevilla.Basically the teams fitting for 4th spot in PL are better than La liga.I dont know how this can be constructed as saying PL is far better than La liga on the whole idk

I didnt even start that arguement until a la liga fan posted this.

Lionel Messi wrote:imo, Valencia and Arsenal are about as good as each other, Villareal is a bit better than Spurs, and Sevilla is better than Liverpool

It's not aimed at you, sorry for the confusion. It was more aimed at the posters like the one above you.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:48 pm

Iceman wrote:Barca were practically playing their B team during the end of last season. Competition? LMFAO

Did you care to look at the results during that time :coffee:

They won like 1 out of 5 lol and they did'nt play thier b-team they played Thiago and a few fringe players and first team players Thumbs up
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:52 pm

I actually think that the UEFA coefficient is a pretty fair measurement for League comparison since the only thing we can go on is the results of the teams in competitions where clubs from all European leagues can compete.

And it currently ranks La Liga as the second strongest league in Europe. With about as big a margin down to third placed Germany as there is up to first placed EPL. And ain't only down to Barcelona having the best generation of their history. One team can't carry the whole coefficient. As shown by Serie A, where either Milan or Inter have performed most years in recent time while the rest have slipped.

Therefore I think the La Liga hate is overdone. As shown by the results of the league, it's the second best league in Europe. And have been 1-2 for quite some time.

Yes, Barcelona and Real Madrid have been running away the last 3 years. But I think it's mainly down to them growing stronger rather than the competition getting weaker. While they also force each other to outdo one another since the competition inbetween them now are so fierce that one draw against a mid table team could mean the league since you know the other team will drop very few points. You just have to win almost every single game, and everybody in each camp knows this and don't allow slip ups.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:25 pm

argentina league in the last decade: focus on competitiveness

the winner:
2000–01
Apertura: Boca Juniors
Clausura: San Lorenzo

2001–02
Apertura: Racing
Clausura: River Plate

2002–03
Apertura: Independiente

2003–04

2004–05
Apertura: Newell's Old Boys
Clausura: Vélez Sársfield

2005–06
Clausura: Boca Juniors

2006–07
Apertura: Estudiantes

2007–08
Apertura: Lanús

2008–09

2009–10
Apertura: Banfield
Clausura: Argentinos Juniors

2010–11
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:37 pm

awalezelin wrote:argentina league in the last decade: focus on competitiveness

the winner:
2000–01

2001–02
Apertura: Racing

2002–03
Apertura: Independiente

2003–04

2004–05
Apertura: Newell's Old Boys

2005–06
Clausura: Boca Juniors

2006–07

2007–08
Apertura: Lanús

2008–09

2009–10
Apertura: Banfield
Clausura: Argentinos Juniors

2010–11

the winner in the last decade
1. boca = 5 times
2. river = 4 times
3. velez = 3 times
2. san lorenzo & estudiantes = 2 times
3. racing & indepediente & newell's old boys & lanus & banfield & argentinos jr. = 1 time
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:46 pm

Speaking of?
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:49 pm

And so what if it is a two horse race, in Denmark we've got a 1 horse race! Very Happy
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next