REWB
FennecFox7
sslayford
42 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Spain's two horse race - Page 7 Empty Re: Spain's two horse race

Post by REWB Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:44 am

cyberman wrote:Last time i was on i read 3 different posts in a row claiming City, Chelsea then Arsenal will win the EPL next year, Utd werent even mentioned .
Spain? 2 teams and thats it

FFS the 3rd best team seemingly have a better squad than us according to people on here.

Our squad depths are what makes the EPL better, look at Utd v Barca. Their fans cant comprehend that Nani, Anderson etc arent starters. UTD PLAYED MORE STARTERS THAN US WHA WHA WHA.

No actually, we just have a superior squad

Only people who defend La Liga are the big 2 fans, the fn chairmen of their rivals share the same views as the rest of us

take off your blinkers

lol thats what im saying

REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:45 am

izzy26 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Because teams finishing 4th in PL are always far superior to teams finishing 4th in La liga for years.So just because Villareal finished 4th in La liga means they are as good as City or Liverpool.

Waiting for this exact reply.

What's your proof? Or are you spouting rubbish?

Really tough to understand i see?
The team finished 4th in PL reached QF of last 3 CL.This not taking into account the fact that twice of the 3 times they were only eliminated bu fellow PL teams.How did the 4th placed La liga teams perform in CL.

Are u just pretending to be ignorant or just spouting rubbish?

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:46 am

Iceman wrote:The main competition revolves around winning the league. That is the whole essence of the competition: To have one winner. The more teams that are able to win the trophy, the more competitive it gets at the top level. Whats the point of the competition if we aren't going to look out for the winner?

Cool give me the heads up next time Sunderland win the league.

Iceman wrote:This next season, the EPL has 4 teams that can realistically win the league (5 if you count Liverpool). La Liga still has the 2.

If by four you mean two then yes the EPL has 4 realistic contenders.

LOL
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:46 am

Iceman wrote:

All I'm saying is that there are more strong EPL teams than there are La Liga teams. City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, United and Spurs. La Liga have Barca, Real Madrid and Valencia. Villareal are overrated imho, and Sevilla's season wasn't at all impressive last season.

and again, there are more strong teams because you think so

i'm done with this "argument"
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:47 am

che wrote:
Iceman wrote:

This next season, the EPL has 4 teams that can realistically win the league (5 if you count Liverpool). La Liga still has the 2.

see, that's purely subjective, and that's another fallacy that epl fanboys use as an argument

noone apart from arsenal fans considers arsenal title contenders... being in top 2 for 7 months and then dropping down to third or fourth year after year after year does not make you a title contender

and liverpool, really?

what it boils down to is that over the last few years, manchester united and chelsea were the only teams to put up a title challenge, with one liverpool intrusion in 09

saying "we have more title contenders because arsenal are totally gonna win, for realsies" is not an argument

Arsenal were top of the league sometime during the middle of the season. That seems like a legit contender to me. So what if we fall off? We put up a fight, and everyone thought that it was going to be a two-horse race between United and Arsenal until we frakked up. Point remains, we were top of the league at one point and we were considered as United's main challengers. If you want to act like you're in denial about the whole situation, then have it your way.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:47 am

che wrote:
Iceman wrote:

This next season, the EPL has 4 teams that can realistically win the league (5 if you count Liverpool). La Liga still has the 2.

see, that's purely subjective, and that's another fallacy that epl fanboys use as an argument

noone apart from arsenal fans considers arsenal title contenders... being in top 2 for 7 months and then dropping down to third or fourth year after year after year does not make you a title contender

and liverpool, really?

what it boils down to is that over the last few years, manchester united and chelsea were the only teams to put up a title challenge, with one liverpool intrusion in 09

saying "we have more title contenders because arsenal are totally gonna win, for realsies" is not an argument

last year were RM title contenders? because arsenal and rm both fell apart around the same time, you do know that right? at the dying stages of laliga barca where like 8 points ahead of rm and the title was over. so i guess that makes laliga a 1 horse race then.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:49 am

Barca were practically playing their B team during the end of last season. Competition? LMFAO
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:49 am

barcelona won the league by 4 (four) points

man utd won the league by 9 (nine) points

funny...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:50 am

Because Barcelona were playing with their B squad for the final stages. Thats how "tough" the competition was.

Funny..
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:51 am

Their "B team" Beat Yanited in a CL final twice just sayin'.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:51 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
izzy26 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Because teams finishing 4th in PL are always far superior to teams finishing 4th in La liga for years.So just because Villareal finished 4th in La liga means they are as good as City or Liverpool.

The team finished 4th in PL reached QF of last 3 CL.How did the 4th placed La liga teams perform in CL.

Nah, i'm using the blind logic. Basing my conclusions on assumptions and then when presented with facts, write them off and bring in my own that benefit my arguement.

Hear this then, when Inter won the treble, not a single EPL team got past the QF. League must suck hard, huh?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:51 am

che wrote:barcelona won the league by 4 (four) points

man utd won the league by 9 (nine) points

funny...
yes after barca had already one the league and were holding cups of tea while playing
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:52 am

Iceman wrote:
che wrote:
Iceman wrote:Its ridiculous to claim that La Liga teams are better than EPL teams with only "Valencia took the lead at Old trafford before losing" as your argument.

again, noone is claiming that la liga teams are better than epl teams as a fact

the issue is that epl fanboys such as yourself claim that la liga teams are bad because there's a 25 point gap between the top 2 and the rest, choosing to ignore that last season no epl team put up a challenge against spain's top 2 either when they met

Yes...Arsenal did not put up a challenge against Barca at all. We didn't beat them 2-1 and we weren't just one Bendtner's touch away from knocking them out. We definitely didn't put up a fight.

All I'm saying is that there are more strong EPL teams than there are La Liga teams. City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, United and Spurs. La Liga have Barca, Real Madrid and Valencia. Villareal are overrated imho, and Sevilla's season wasn't at all impressive last season.
5 title contenders in EPL? Lol. Liverpool need to improve drastically if they wish to even glance at 1st place. Arsenal are not realistic title contenders - they're a great team but they lack the edge to be up there. Realistically, the closest contender to Chelsea and United is Man City.

In La Liga there are only two realistic contenders but throughout history there have always been underdogs troubling Madrid and Barca, although the last 3 years that hasn't been the case. Next season we might see Malaga having a good shot at being that underdog. With Pellegrini in charge and a strong squad to boot anything can happen.

And Villarreal aren't overrated - if they're anything it is underrated. They put up just as good a fight against Barca as Arsenal did and they're playing beautiful football.

Last edited by Senor Penguin on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:52 am

I remember Messi getting all fussed out because Pep wouldn't play him in La Liga so as to rest him, because the title was all wrapped up.
Messi is part of the B team now? Interesting..
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:52 am

no, the fn win loss stats and actually watching the games tell us so.

Utd won more away games in CL than in entire Epl
Chelsea were outplayed for like 9 weeks in a row
Arsenal won 1 in 12 at 1 point

simple

Utd went into the 3rd last game knowing a loss handed Chelsea the title ffs

9 points? MEANINGLESS END OF SEASON GAMES FTW!!!

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:53 am

Zealous wrote:Their "B team" Beat Yanited in a CL final twice just sayin'.

?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:55 am

cyberman wrote:no, the fn win loss stats and actually watching the games tell us so.

Utd won more away games in CL than in entire Epl
Chelsea were outplayed for like 9 weeks in a row
Arsenal won 1 in 12 at 1 point

simple

Utd went into the 3rd last game knowing a loss handed Chelsea the title ffs

9 points? MEANINGLESS END OF SEASON GAMES FTW!!!

ZOMG PREMFACE!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:56 am

Minus one or two players Barca didn't field weakened teams till after they won the league.

In both finals against United they fielded make shift defences and pretty much got a way with it.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:58 am

Ha....so the La Liga game right before the final had all the squad playing but they decided to play make-shift defenses in the final against United.

Makes sense..
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:58 am

izzy26 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

The team finished 4th in PL reached QF of last 3 CL.How did the 4th placed La liga teams perform in CL.

Nah, i'm using the blind logic. Basing my conclusions on assumptions and then when presented with facts, write them off and bring in my own that benefit my arguement.

Hear this then, when Inter won the treble, not a single EPL team got past the QF. League must suck hard, huh?

And how did PL teams perform next year or the year before?When was the last time 4th best team in La liga performed better than the 4th best team in PL? U are trying to draw conclusion based on exceptions whereas i am doing it based on the norm.

Just being in denial doesnt make ur arguement logical and others spouting rubbish.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:01 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
izzy26 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

And how did PL teams perform next year or the year before?When was the last time 4th best team in La liga performed better than the 4th best team in PL? U are trying to draw conclusion based on exceptions whereas i am doing it based on the norm.

Just being in denial doesnt make ur arguement logical and others spouting rubbish.

Oh, I get it. The team placed 4th in your league must go far in th CL for the whole league to be deemed competitive.

How brilliant.

Don't forgt about all those title contenders now. I think Swansea can go the win league because they might beat a top 4 team.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:01 am

BeautifulGame wrote:

PREMFACE!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:01 am

Zealous wrote:Minus one or two players Barca didn't field weakened teams till after they won the league.

In both finals against United they fielded make shift defences and pretty much got a way with it.

its about the intensity aswell, barca were playing pre season friendlies ffs lol
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:02 am

Izzy's getting owned Cool
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:05 am

Iceman wrote:Ha....so the La Liga game right before the final had all the squad playing but they decided to play make-shift defenses in the final against United.

Makes sense..

Not what I wrote or meant...

Anyway there is no argument that Barcelona and Madrid are the top two (might change after the new TV deal though).

My only gripe is that the idea of the other teams being weak in wrong.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:06 am

izzy26 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
izzy26 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

Oh, I get it. The team placed 4th in your league must go far in th CL for the whole league to be deemed competitive.

How brilliant.

Don't forgt about all those title contenders now. I think Swansea can go the win league because they might beat a top 4 team.

Did u even understood the arguement?

BeautifulGame wrote:
Because teams finishing 4th in PL are always far superior to teams finishing 4th in La liga for years.So just because Villareal finished 4th in La liga means they are as good as City or Liverpool.

And u asked proof for that.

izzy26 wrote:

U asked proof for this and i suppose 4th best team from PL outperforming 4th best team from La liga in CL for years is proof for that.

Its clear u are in denial nothing else.No point explaining something to one who just pretends to be ignorant.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next