REWB
FennecFox7
sslayford
42 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Spain's two horse race - Page 5 Empty Re: Spain's two horse race

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:32 am

If Sevilla weren't run by a bunch of monkeys in suits they would be in a better position than they are in.

Truth is bad club management and shoe string budgets are holding most La Liga teams back. That however doesn't really mean the actual football being played is not of high quality. It is.

Oh yeah BTW the team that knocked Sevilla out were Braga, what English team did they beat last year?

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:33 am

izzy26 wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
che wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

thing is RM need to prove they are a 'stud'...i havnt seen it yet...have you? in the cl have you seen that rm is a 'stud'? who have they beat of any note? milan? good team but that doesnt make you a 'stud'. only barca have proven to be a 'stud'

they wiped the floor with spurs, something arsenal wasn't able to do last season, for instance

you kidding me? they had a player sent off, plus spurs are very new to the CL, they are in experienced with a team they havnt faced before. they know arsenal well, so they know how we play so they can counter it. and did you even watch those matches? we totally dominated them and then shot ourselves in the foot. i want RM to try and do that against experienced cl campaigners in chalsea, man utd, arsenal and liverpool.

Or AC Milan, right?

i mean thrash them like they did spurs. rm didnt beat ac 5-0 on agg did they?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:33 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:lol i find it funny how RM fans actually think beating spurs means they are up there with barca Smile :lol!:

it was me who said that, i'm as far from a madrid fan as you can possibly get

and well done on missing the point... spurs were the only team this year that faced both epl and la liga competition, and we all saw what happened

surely if arsenal were such a fantastic team they'd be able to do better against spurs than madrid, who have to prove they're a top team, no?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:33 am

che wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

Blackpool smashed the floor with Spurs too.

not over two games :coffee:

Neither were Madrid unless winning by a single GK blunder is smashing the floor :coffee:

Otherwise then United smashed the floor with Valencia.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:34 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:lol i find it funny how RM fans actually think beating spurs means they are up there with barca Smile :lol!:

I find it funny that you think beating Barcelona doesn't mean we are up there with Barcelona...
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:34 am

Hey, you beat who's in front of you. That's how the game is played. cheers
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:35 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
che wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

Neither were Madrid unless winning by a single GK blunder is smashing the floor :coffee:

Anyone who watched both games would not say that...

Madrid fans were singing Ole's by the 50th minute FFS
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:36 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
che wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

thank you....
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:39 am

BeautifulGame wrote:

really? i must have missed when we lost to them 0:4

was that before or after valencia were the only team this season who took a lead at old trafford?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:40 am

Zealous wrote:If Sevilla weren't run by a bunch of monkeys in suits they would be in a better position than they are in.

Truth is bad club management and shoe string budgets are holding most La Liga teams back. That however doesn't really mean the actual football being played is not of high quality. It is.

Oh yeah BTW the team that knocked Sevilla out were Braga, what English team did they beat last year?

Oh now losing a Europa league tie with the 2nd choice XI is equal to being beaten in an all important CL tie? Desperate logic.So i suppose Alcorcon was better than Madrid and 2nd divison la liga was better than La liga.:coffee:
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:43 am

BeautifulGame wrote:

Oh now losing a Europa league tie with the 2nd choice XI is equal to being beaten in an all important CL tie? Desperate logic.

probably not, that's why braga beat arsenal in their cl group and arsenal then had to face barcelona as they finished second
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:43 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
Zealous wrote:If Sevilla weren't run by a bunch of monkeys in suits they would be in a better position than they are in.

Oh now losing a Europa league tie with the 2nd choice XI is equal to being beaten in an all important CL tie? Desperate logic.So i suppose Alcorcon was better than Madrid and 2nd divison la liga was better than La liga.:coffee:

Don't get this post.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:43 am

che wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

was that before or after valencia were the only team this season who took a lead at old trafford?

Was the match Valencia played for a draw and lost 1-0 at HOME.

And unless i am mistaken 2 games include 2nd game too.And what is the score in the 2nd game?

che wrote:

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:46 am

[quote="BeautifulGame"]
che wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

And unless i am mistaken 2 games include 2nd game too.And what is the score in the 2nd game?

che wrote:

No Valencia played for the DRAW?

Did you actually watch the game?

Last edited by izzy26 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:47 am

About Spurs and the red card:

If I remember it correctly, we already had a 2 goal lead when the card came... We scored like the first 5 min. We dominated the game since the start, they never stood a chance.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:48 am

BeautifulGame wrote:

i really would love to know what the hell you're talking about

madrid wiped the floor with tottenham by beating them 5:0 on aggregate, winning both games

you compared this to blackpool "wiping the floor" with tottenham, obviously referring to their 3:1 win... then i said that it was two games, of which madrid won both and blackpool didn't... where exactly does valencia come into this picture?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:50 am

BeautifulGame wrote:

Braga beat Arsenal in the CL, just sayin'

You are missing the point. Any team can beat any team this is football, it's HOW you beat the team in front of you that determines if you're good or not.

Spurs and Milan barely saw any of the ball against Madrid. Arsenal and United could barely string three passes against Barcelona. United beat Valencia but it was a come from behind win where Valencia played their own passing game.

A good example is Ajax in the 90's when they reached two CL finals. Most didn't rate the Eredivese because Ajax were beating everything in front of them. Turns out Ajax were just f*cking good.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:51 am

che wrote:

and well done on missing the point... spurs were the only team this year that faced both epl and la liga competition, and we all saw what happened

surely if arsenal were such a fantastic team they'd be able to do better against spurs than madrid, who have to prove they're a top team, no?

Arsenal beat Barca same amount of times in 2 attempts than Madrid managed to beat Barca in 5 attempts.

Surely Madrid such a fantastic team great depth supposed 2nd best team in world must do better?And atleast Arsenal didnt need extra time :coffee:
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:54 am

Zealous wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

You are missing the point. Any team can beat any team this is football, it's HOW you beat the team in front of you that determines if you're good or not.

Spurs and Milan barely saw any of the ball against Madrid. Arsenal and United could barely string three passes against Barcelona. United beat Valencia but it was a come from behind win where Valencia played their own passing game.

A good example is Ajax in the 90's when they reached two CL finals. Most didn't rate the Eredivese because Ajax were beating everything in front of them. Turns out Ajax were just f*cking good.

yes i agree

the most vital is how you defeat your opponent

not who you defeat

that will determine the quality of your football team
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:54 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
che wrote:

Arsenal beat Barca same amount of times in 2 attempts than Madrid managed to beat Barca in 5 attempts.

Surely Madrid such a fantastic team great depth supposed 2nd best team in world must do better?And atleast Arsenal didnt need extra time :coffee:

The squad isn't the same as last 5 years. We have alot of new players, and most important, a new coach that is looking to stay.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:57 am

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:57 am

Zealous wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

And no one disagreed Barca are the best team in the world and probably one of the best in history? Did we?

But that doesnt equate to the strength of other la liga teams are equal to the PL teams.Apart from Madrid and Barca probably only Valencia has real quality to be compared with the top 6 of PL.To compare the likes of Sevilla and Atletico and say they are as good as Liverpool and Arsenal is just ridiculous.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:59 am

La Liga fans: "La Liga is better than the EPL, and the quality is better"
EPL fans: "EPL is more competitive and there are better teams than La Liga"
La Liga fans: "PREMFACE!!! Evil or Very Mad "

There is little reasoning that would ever solve this issue. If any EPL fan dares to say that the EPL is better, then he is a premface who knows nothing about football. Dare anyone say that an English player has good potential, or an English team is better than a Spanish one, then he or she must be a premface who knows nothing about football.

Its pointless to argue or debate in such an atmosphere.

The EPL sucks ass, and isn't the best league in the world, let alone one of the top ones. The Engilsh game is ONLY about kicking the ball in the air and running after it. We don't have any tactics, there are no teams that pass the ball on the ground and our superior physicality MUST mean that English teams can't do anything else except hoof the ball up field.

I suppose I'm still a premface after all of this though...
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:00 am

BeautifulGame wrote:And no one disagreed Barca are the best team in the world and probably one of the best in history? Did we?

But that doesnt equate to the strength of other la liga teams are equal to the PL teams.Apart from Madrid and Barca probably only Valencia has real quality to be compared with the top 6 of PL.To compare the likes of Sevilla and Atletico and say they are as good as Liverpool and Arsenal is just ridiculous.

Nah, don't see why Pool, City and Spurs should be instantly better than Villarreal at this moment.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:01 am

Iceman wrote:If any EPL fan dares to say that the EPL is better, then he is a premface who knows nothing about football.

no...

if any epl fan dares to say that the epl is better WITHOUT PROVIDING ANY ARGUMENT, LET ALONE ANY PROOF, then he is a premface who knows nothing about football

that's pretty much a factual statement...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:03 am

Villarreal, Sevilla, Valencia or Atletico don't have Liverpool's or Arsenal's mega millionaire owners though......

My point is that Barcelona and Madrid have had a tougher time against Villarreal, Sevilla, Valencia, Bilbao, Ossasuna than Arsenal, Spurs United Etc.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next