IAmManUnited
DagenhamDave
RED
19 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Luis Nani - Page 3 Empty Re: Luis Nani

Post by RED Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:22 pm

SchinnerC, I think you have the Nani of 07/08 and 08/09 fixed in your mind.

The Nani from 09/10 to present is a more improved, team player who has completely transformed his game since then.

So, that means Messi should just run with the ball all game because he can easily beat defenders, doesn't it? Does he do that? NO.

No, that's not my point. I was pointing out another aspect of his game that differs from Valencia's. Again, in his first season he would try to take on 3 or 4 players and lose the ball, or choose to pass at the wrong moment- frustrating players and the fans. Current day nani is more intelligent, more involved in play.

It's like night and day the improvement he has made. He went from being one of the most disliked players amongst Utd fans, to being top 3 most pivotal player for us.

Final example- Remember when Rooney was on his way out at the start of the 2010/11 season? Nani was the one who carried the team, assisting, scoring goals (even became our PK taker in Rooney's absence). So i don't understand all of this 'he is not a team player' stance you are trying to make.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:26 pm

How many goals he could have scored and how many assists he would have made is all ifs ifs ifs. Totally unfair to judge a player, especially someone who has done a lot for our team, in such a way.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:42 pm

Yes he has improved quite a bit in that part of his game and yes I'm sure he had worked hard to improve it. However, he'll always be in my memory as the player who despite playing well in matches, always could've done better. It may just be my expectation or maybe he's just not my type of player.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:48 pm

We are so lucky to have him( we must do whatever it takes to renew his contract). He was immense for Portugal again, and added another assist. Should have scored that sitter though, but he did well to get in that position.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBadBen Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:25 pm

He is so much better than Young thats its unreal.

BigBadBen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:48 am

Has improved so much in his time with the club. But he should've buried that chance. Shame he didn't. At least he assisted Ronaldo's goal. Very Happy
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:05 am

he did great. Although im happy for him, but i was actually rooting for Sneijder to rescue the Dutch with his brilliance. Oh well....it's all over anyways
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:27 am

I wanted them Dutch to win just for the Ronaldo lulz. Anyway it's history. Nani did well, but Ronaldo was just on another level.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:02 am

Had to agree he did amazing against Netherlands. His decision making was spot on through out the match. Let's hope he keeps this up.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:11 pm

I always thought he has better crossing than Ronaldo though.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:55 pm

Hmmm. guys... Nani's good? He's *bleep* inconsistent!!!! Reading the previous posts, I can't help but laugh. Sorry, I'm a bit drunk but Nani sucks and I'm right
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:10 pm

SchinnerC wrote:Hmmm. guys... Nani's good? He's *bleep* inconsistent!!!! Reading the previous posts, I can't help but laugh. Sorry, I'm a bit drunk but Nani sucks and I'm right

You're def drunk. On his day, he is our best attacking player.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:54 pm

SchinnerC wrote:Hmmm. guys... Nani's good? He's *bleep* inconsistent!!!! Reading the previous posts, I can't help but laugh. Sorry, I'm a bit drunk but Nani sucks and I'm right

Please, do open your eyes. Whilst he was slightly frustrating today, he, along with Kagawa, was our best attacking threat, and was better than Valencia, largely thanks to the dynamism he brings, proving, once again, why he should stay. In fact, since being dropped this season, he has been positive and has had much better passing accuracies. You're just another "Nani hater", who probably wants the predictable Young to consistently play on the left or Giggs to "work his magic". It's a futile debate, and not only does it represent your lack of knowledge, but it shows the grudge you hold for him. By your logic, we should also sell Rooney, but no, since he's English, he's immune to criticism.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:14 pm

seems like everyone just remember that penalty miss :I

kagawa could've done A LOT better if valencia and others really pass the ball to him. We're trying to cross the ball in while seeing no RVP inside.
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:03 am

Come on guys, stop being delusional, really. I've never rated him, never will. Apart of a few games where his performance can be considered world class. He has all the skills but brain dead. We're talking about top level football here, we're Manchester United. He's making amateur mistakes everywhere. Call it flair or entertainment, whatever. It's just poor decision making. That penalty shows everything that he is, tried to be clever, got tricked by the keeper and he cant think properly anymore. There are many many more mistakes in that game, too many to remember really.

Why's Messi the best? Apart from his skills is his decision making and also reaction. He thinks quick, act quick. Nani just can't seem to do that at all. Just sick of United fans defending players blindly.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:08 am

I thought Kagawa was amazing. No need for fancy skills. Good first touch, decent passing and brilliant decision making. Without him, we look lost, can't keep the ball and put attacks together. It was an enjoyable game overall though.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by archwooohh Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:21 am

At this rate, Nani will have more penalty misses by the end of the season than Stewart Downing's goals and assists total Shocked Laughing
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:04 am

He was woeful yesterday. Don't understand him. Gpoes from playing at a very high level to playing like a blue square premier league player. So hot and cold.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:05 am

He has potential to become a successor to CR7. Thats what Fergie told us a year ago. Luis Nani - Page 3 Vagi10
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:06 pm

Nameless wrote:He has potential to become a successor to CR7. Thats what Fergie told us a year ago. Luis Nani - Page 3 Vagi10

tbf shameless he needs consistency. Maybe not CR level, but a level below.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:19 pm

Where's the brb?

Nani is good but is just tad inconsistent, but in yesterday's match he was, along with Kagawa, our only good options in attack.

I know that Nani is so infuriating to watch to the point that playing him is like gambling, but I hope lady luck smiles on us and suddenly he does well on the upcoming matches.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:46 pm

SchinnerC wrote:Come on guys, stop being delusional, really. I've never rated him, never will. Apart of a few games where his performance can be considered world class. He has all the skills but brain dead. We're talking about top level football here, we're Manchester United. He's making amateur mistakes everywhere. Call it flair or entertainment, whatever. It's just poor decision making. That penalty shows everything that he is, tried to be clever, got tricked by the keeper and he cant think properly anymore. There are many many more mistakes in that game, too many to remember really.

Why's Messi the best? Apart from his skills is his decision making and also reaction. He thinks quick, act quick. Nani just can't seem to do that at all. Just sick of United fans defending players blindly.

I think you're the one being "delusional". Nobody cares if you don't rate him - it doesn't add anything to the discussion: futile There is no such thing as a few games where he has been "world class". In 09/10, he had quite a number of great games, in the second half of the season, after being erratic. In 10/11, he was our best attacking player, and one could argue he was our best player (behind Vidic). So, add them up, and no, you don't get a "few games". Invalid point. Of course the poor decision making is annoying, but apart from Kagawa there isn't really anyone in our roster who is deadly in the final third, in terms of passing, and before (or if) you counter this point - you might want to note that I'm talking about attacking players.

The penalty doesn't show his poor decision making - every single player will miss a penalty, regardless of what the idiotic pundits will feed you. He had the confidence to take it, so credit him, and actually, if Van Persie really wanted it, then he could have easily asked Nani for the ball, but clearly because of the penalty miss against Southampton - he wasn't too keen.

Flawed point once again. Nani is no Messi. Nani is no Ronaldo as well. No one is saying that he's amazing, I have, not once, said that he is amazing in every game, but look at it objectively, for once in your life. If we sold Nani in the summer, we would have been forced with Young and Giggs, who are both poor wingers nowadays. Young is way too predictable, whilst Giggs has lost the energy and legs, to play in any position. Kagawa can also play on the left wing, but even he isn't better than Nani - it would have been a terrible decision to sell one of our few game changers.

Ask yourself this because this is where your point is severely open for criticism and is flawed. Nani wanted a new contract, but you wouldn't blame him because look at how much Rooney is currently on, it's ludicrous. However, Rooney has been off form, probably since the Manchester City game, in the FA Cup, earlier this year. He has offered poor decision making and his passes have been off, look at the passing accuracy, he got increasingly sloppy, as the season progressed (11/12). For Nani to receive criticism because of him being "inconsistent", which everyone agrees with, and for Rooney to be completely immune from it is hardly good logic/reasoning, at all. And before you say he scored the goals, that makes no difference on most of the performances he put in last season, which were below the level, which we are used to seeing.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:27 pm

I don't know what the hell the coaches are doing at United. Not only Nani hasn't been great in a long time, Valencia has been worse than Nani since the beginning of this season. I have yet seen the same Valencia that I know who used to be a nightmare for defenders. Even Rafael seems to have regressed.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:35 pm

Dutti wrote:I don't know what the hell the coaches are doing at United. Not only Nani hasn't been great in a long time, Valencia has been worse than Nani since the beginning of this season. I have yet seen the same Valencia that I know who used to be a nightmare for defenders. Even Rafael seems to have regressed.

said this a while ago. there is something wrong with the coaching at united. CArlos Qieroz leaving us was our biggest loss.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:25 pm

On what basis does one not rate a talent like nani? I'm honestly baffled.

- He can create goals.

- He can score goals.

- Big game player.

- A team player. Always helping out the RB or LB.

- Only one of a few players out there than can be absolutely awful in match, and then within a few minutes, can create goal scoring chances galore. ( v Galatasaray he could have gifted Chicha a hat trick if Chicha wasn't so wasteful).

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:29 pm

Thus far this season, Nani has been mediocre in two games: Everton and Liverpool. However, to give him some credit, since he hasn't been terrible either, he was promising against Southampton as a sub (assist from corner for winning goal to Van Persie), showed signs of the "old Nani" against Wigan and registered an assist after showing how useful his unpredictability can be at times, and was our start attacking player against Galatasaray, creating the most chances, albeit he missed a penalty. I don't fathom our fans saying that we should sell him. If there's a suitable option to replace him, then by all means purchase an asset that is going to be better and meet our needs (whatever that is). But we cannot sell him and stick with Giggs and Young, two inferior options that should never be considered
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next