Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:59 pm

First of all Cesc has played well against us, especially the game he broke his leg in when they came back and tied it 2-2. I am the biggest Arsenal hater on Earth, and Cesc will never win anything at Arsenal. What has Sanchez won? If you are buying a player from a lesser team then you can't go by there trophy haul. Thats the same stupid opinion we get from people saying Messi sucks internationally because he hasn't won anything.
Not this year he has not, and while my memory of last year is hazier I certainly don't remember him shining either.

You're also thinking in absolutes. I never said that Cesc is bad. I only said he's not a bargain at 40M. That's his fair price in today's inflated market. You claimed that he's a 'bargain', implying that his worth is well above 40M, at probably around the 60M mark. That is absolutely insane for two reasons: as good a fit as he may be to the Barca system he is not of 60M quality and he wouldn't even start. Granted, he would in two years or so, but not now. Right now we would be paying 60M for a rotation player with a promising future. If Cesc is to come, I think it's much better to wait.

Second, if you don't think Cesc is a bargain at 40 mil then you are either very narrow minded or you just don't understand the transfer market. I don't know which one it is, but I know most people on the Barca board don't really want Cesc but I didn't think anyone would be crazy enough to argue about paying 40 mil for Cesc. It is a steal in this market.
It's not a steal, it's his fair price. See above.

Third, the implications of signing Cesc are that we get one of the best midfielders in the world who will be ready to play at his highest level with no "fitting in" time for a cut rate price. Why do most of our fans have to view this as a bad thing? We have been very lucky with injuries the past couple of years, and Xavi is getting up there in age and Iniesta can be fragile. We will need cover this year competing for 6 trophies and in the league against the 2nd/3rd best team in the world with one of the best coach's of the last 10 years.
I'll grant you that if both Xavi and Iniesta get injured then I will have hoped we signed a midfielder. But why does it have to be Cesc or no one? Why can't we sign a depth signing to cover for that possibility? Someone that would not interfere with Thiago's development while at the same time giving us some sense of security to the fans and the staff. This 'Cesc or no one' ideology is idiocy.

Fourth, I have never seen a coach better the Pep at not playing favorites, he plays the best player period. If Thiago is better then Cesc then he will play more minutes, like I said before, we have plenty of games coming up and Thiago will get his minutes no matter what. If cesc is better then him at this stage in there careers, I would rather have him on the pitch in the big games anyways, the best players play, thats the way every fan should want it, if not then you are just playing favorites.
Yaya Toure says hello. And of course Thiago is not better than Cesc at this stage, I'm worried about Cesc's signing stopping Thiago's development into a player of Cesc's quality or forcing him out of Barca.

Barca is not shooting themselves in the foot. WE NEED DEPTH, we are the smallest big team in the world. You don't see many other teams playing there defensive mids at full back in huge games because they have cover, and we don't. We could use some quality depth. People like you automatically think if we sign Cesc then we derail Thiago, I wish you would give Pep more credit then that, he has earned it. If he wants Cesc there is a reason and we should go with it, like I said Pep has earned that.
Pep has earned my respect in all aspects of his management, except transfers. Besides, I'm not convinced this is a Pep motivated transfer. If you look at his recent quotes he said "If only Sanchez arrives, I'll consider myself satisfied". Does this make it seem as if Pep sees Cesc as an absolute need? For my comments on depth see above.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Posts : 26884
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by Messi Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:07 pm

@messixaviesta wrote:
@Messi wrote:IS thiago an attacking Mid? He always seems to be like a second striker. So iniesta is xavi's successor now? He didn't look happy playing in xavi's position.

A very good point.

Thiago I think is far too attacking and direct a player to do Xavi's role as such. I remember some time back I insisted that Thiago is not similar to either Xavi or Iniesta.

Putting Iniesta in Xavi's role isn't a great idea. Firstly no one can do Xavi's role like Xavi. Secondly asking Iniesta to do Xavi's role is taking away a lot of things from his natural game. He can no longer move with the ball and dribble in tight spaces - at least not as frequently as he used to. Also he is not able to play all over the pitch with the kind of dynamic off the ball movement that he shows now. I mean with Iniesta one minute you will see him recovering the ball in our defense and the very next minute he is right behind Messi in the opponent's box. If he plays Xavi's role he has to control everything from the center and his movement both on and off the ball will be badly restricted. This includes his drifting to the wings and his work in the opponent's penalty area among other things. He is the kind of player who can drive his team mates to run and chase a cause like he did in the WC 2010 final extra time for example. This is again something he cannot do if he has to be the central controller. In a nutshell for Iniesta to be at his best he needs much more freedom than Xavi's role affords him.

Hence when Xavi is phased out I think some of the team dynamic will have to be redeveloped and this would be needed whether we have Fabregas by then or not.
Because some people are saying fabregas is the successor of Xavi, I tell them fab is an AM/ play maker more of an iniesta role. Now some people are saying we don't need fabregas we have thiago who is also an AM. Xavi has a good 2-3 years left in him.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 412
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:18 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
First of all Cesc has played well against us, especially the game he broke his leg in when they came back and tied it 2-2. I am the biggest Arsenal hater on Earth, and Cesc will never win anything at Arsenal. What has Sanchez won? If you are buying a player from a lesser team then you can't go by there trophy haul. Thats the same stupid opinion we get from people saying Messi sucks internationally because he hasn't won anything.
Not this year he has not, and while my memory of last year is hazier I certainly don't remember him shining either.

You're also thinking in absolutes. I never said that Cesc is bad. I only said he's not a bargain at 40M. That's his fair price in today's inflated market. You claimed that he's a 'bargain', implying that his worth is well above 40M, at probably around the 60M mark. That is absolutely insane for two reasons: as good a fit as he may be to the Barca system he is not of 60M quality and he wouldn't even start. Granted, he would in two years or so, but not now. Right now we would be paying 60M for a rotation player with a promising future. If Cesc is to come, I think it's much better to wait.

Second, if you don't think Cesc is a bargain at 40 mil then you are either very narrow minded or you just don't understand the transfer market. I don't know which one it is, but I know most people on the Barca board don't really want Cesc but I didn't think anyone would be crazy enough to argue about paying 40 mil for Cesc. It is a steal in this market.
It's not a steal, it's his fair price. See above.

Third, the implications of signing Cesc are that we get one of the best midfielders in the world who will be ready to play at his highest level with no "fitting in" time for a cut rate price. Why do most of our fans have to view this as a bad thing? We have been very lucky with injuries the past couple of years, and Xavi is getting up there in age and Iniesta can be fragile. We will need cover this year competing for 6 trophies and in the league against the 2nd/3rd best team in the world with one of the best coach's of the last 10 years.
I'll grant you that if both Xavi and Iniesta get injured then I will have hoped we signed a midfielder. But why does it have to be Cesc or no one? Why can't we sign a depth signing to cover for that possibility? Someone that would not interfere with Thiago's development while at the same time giving us some sense of security to the fans and the staff. This 'Cesc or no one' ideology is idiocy.

Fourth, I have never seen a coach better the Pep at not playing favorites, he plays the best player period. If Thiago is better then Cesc then he will play more minutes, like I said before, we have plenty of games coming up and Thiago will get his minutes no matter what. If cesc is better then him at this stage in there careers, I would rather have him on the pitch in the big games anyways, the best players play, thats the way every fan should want it, if not then you are just playing favorites.
Yaya Toure says hello. And of course Thiago is not better than Cesc at this stage, I'm worried about Cesc's signing stopping Thiago's development into a player of Cesc's quality or forcing him out of Barca.

Barca is not shooting themselves in the foot. WE NEED DEPTH, we are the smallest big team in the world. You don't see many other teams playing there defensive mids at full back in huge games because they have cover, and we don't. We could use some quality depth. People like you automatically think if we sign Cesc then we derail Thiago, I wish you would give Pep more credit then that, he has earned it. If he wants Cesc there is a reason and we should go with it, like I said Pep has earned that.
Pep has earned my respect in all aspects of his management, except transfers. Besides, I'm not convinced this is a Pep motivated transfer. If you look at his recent quotes he said "If only Sanchez arrives, I'll consider myself satisfied". Does this make it seem as if Pep sees Cesc as an absolute need? For my comments on depth see above.

Most of your points are fair and like I said I knew a lot of people would disagree. I can't understand how you think 40 mill for Cesc isn't a bargain. I think some people forget that Cesc is only 24 years old, that is a joke compared to what he has done in his career already. Also, I know YOU may think the prices teams pay/value there players at are not correct, but that is the market now. With the oil money and Madrid in the market it has risen, if you want a world class player and there not in the last year of there current deal your going to pay a lot. Here is a list of players that are around the same value of Cesc and he is better then everyone of them.

andy carroll 35m
James milner 26 mil
Pastore 43 mil
neymar 45 mil
Sanchez- 40 mil with bonuses
Modric-40 mil to get tot to sell

Every year we move forward the market will keep rising thats how it's been going for the last 10 years, it's not just going to go backwards because we want it to or because we don't value certain players at certain prices. It's simple supply and demand.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:21 pm

As I said only the general section...just because all those teams overpayed for their players doesnt mean we have to overpay for Cesc.

In my opinion, Cesc isnt worth 40m.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19443
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:23 pm

Oh and I forgot, the reason we don't get a cheaper player to fill in is easy. Do you know what a luxury it is to have a world class player not care if he has to sit on the bench? I mean that is a HUGE plus for Barca to have Xavi start and have Cesc fill in from the bench and not bitch and moan about it.

Plus, like I said before he is already tailor made for our team and tactics, he fits right in. I would rather pay an extra 10-20 mill just for the comfort of already knowing what we are getting.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:25 pm

@The Franchise wrote:As I said only the general section...just because all those teams overpayed for their players doesnt mean we have to overpay for Cesc.

In my opinion, Cesc isnt worth 40m.

Right, but thats what the market is. If we don't pay it, someone else would jump all over it. If he were open to other teams, people would be out bidding us right now and you would most likley see him go for around 50 mill, but Arsenal doesn't have that option.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:28 pm

@dnmac4 wrote:Right, but thats what the market is. If we don't pay it, someone else would jump all over it. If he were open to other teams, people would be out bidding us right now and you would most likley see him go for around 50 mill, but Arsenal doesn't have that option.
If we don't pay it Cesc stays at Arsenal, though.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 26884
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:29 pm

@dnmac4 wrote:Oh and I forgot, the reason we don't get a cheaper player to fill in is easy. Do you know what a luxury it is to have a world class player not care if he has to sit on the bench? I mean that is a HUGE plus for Barca to have Xavi start and have Cesc fill in from the bench and not bitch and moan about it.

Plus, like I said before he is already tailor made for our team and tactics, he fits right in. I would rather pay an extra 10-20 mill just for the comfort of already knowing what we are getting.
This is true and I agree with all of it, but I think the timing is wrong.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 26884
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:29 pm

1. We arent desperate for a midfielder, so why would we care if Cesc goes somewhere else

2. Cesc wont agree to go anywhere else.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19443
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:30 pm

So yes, in fact it does mean we have to "overpay" in your mind because other people have overpaid for there players. That is pretty much the definition of a market.

Arsenal know they can get more and if we want him thats what he will cost, and we will have to pay it. Like I said it doesn't matter what you think his value is we are not selling him. Barca doesn't set the market, the other transfers do and the teams who are selling do.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Why overpay for what you dont need? That makes no sense to me at all.

I mean, I didnt mind slightly overpaying for Villa..because we needed a striker desperately.

I didnt like overpaying for some of the defenders we got, but we were desperate so I was a little more accepting.

But we dont need Cesc, we dont need another midfielder at all...so why are you so keen to overpay?

Why are you acting like we simply must buy him?

And more importantly, why you saying we must buy him right now?

Its not like he is going anywhere else, on top of the fact we have a fully stacked midfield as it is.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19443
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:36 pm

@The Franchise wrote:1. We arent desperate for a midfielder, so why would we care if Cesc goes somewhere else

2. Cesc wont agree to go anywhere else.


Yes I know that is my whole point. Those two reasons are why we can get him for 35-40 mill instead of 45-50 mill. We are getting a discount because of those facts. Those facts don't mean we can dictate the price though, they help us but thats it.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:43 pm

@The Franchise wrote:Why overpay for what you dont need? That makes no sense to me at all.

I mean, I didnt mind slightly overpaying for Villa..because we needed a striker desperately.

I didnt like overpaying for some of the defenders we got, but we were desperate so I was a little more accepting.

But we dont need Cesc, we dont need another midfielder at all...so why are you so keen to overpay?

Why are you acting like we simply must buy him?

And more importantly, why you saying we must buy him right now?

Its not like he is going anywhere else, on top of the fact we have a fully stacked midfield as it is.

Look man you obviously don't understand what a market is. Do you own stocks or anything? If you think a stock is overvalued you don't buy it, it doesn't mean they just sell it for cheaper. This is what the market is, it's not something you can argue about. A fan of any other team would tell you 40 mil is cheap for Fab but with the unique situation and him not willing to go anywhere else we are already getting a discount.

What do you think happens if he has an injury free, great season next year with Arsenal? His price will not go down, we will end up paying 50 instead and Xavi will be a year older.

WE ARE GOING TO BUY CESC. That is a fact, it's going to happen the only question is WHEN? I believe this is as cheap as we will ever get him for in the next 2-3 years so we might as well save the money now and hop on the deal we are getting.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:52 pm

I dont have to own stocks to understand basic logic.

We dont need him, so why overpay for him. What is more simple then that?

If you have a pair of shoes, why buy another pair which

A. Isnt as good as what your wearing.
B . Is overpriced

especially when, you dont need the shoes in the first place because you already got some on your feet?

Why hop on a deal now? Like we are getting some super bargin? We are overpaying.....

And lets be real, Cesc has had great years...is value isnt going up at all, his contract is shortening..its going down if anything.

The only way his value goes up, is by Arsenal winning something.

Which

A. Isnt going to happen

B. Means Cesc wont come anyway, because he is only leaving because we are better then Arsenal.


The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19443
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:05 am

OK, something is wrong here. What we need has no effect on his price. It will effect what we bid for him, but that is why we don't have him and this saga has gone on for 2 years.

If Arsenal put him on the market he would go for above 50 mill.

You need to stop saying he is overpriced because its just not true. Either you just don't care what other players are selling for which sets the market or you just don't understand how the transfer market works, hence the stock example.

Arsenal or any other team including us isn't going to say, "wow team X is stacked in midfield they don't need our player so we will sell him for half price."

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:25 am

Damn.....I dont get what is so difficult about what I am saying. I will try again for a final time.

In my opinion, Cesc is not worth 40m. First thing.

If Arsenal value him at 40m...then fine, but to me he isnt worth that value.

Therefore, buying him for 40m, again in my opinion, would be overpaying for him.

Because, again in my opinion, we dont need him, we have no reason to buy him and therefore no reason to over pay for him.

Now, your still with me I hope.

If he is available at what I consider his value or even below his value, I would consider it, but he is not, therefore I would not.

My value of Cesc is my opinion, values are subjective, there is a player and he has a value and what that is is based on the opinion the person who values him at (in this case me) has of him. It will change person to person.

Now, other teams have overpaid for players. For example, Pool and Carroll for 35m.

Because they choose to overpay for him, thats their business. They needed a striker and they wanted him so they choose to pay for him.

Just because they over payed, just because other teams have overpaid...it does not mean we HAVE to overpay also.

We could choose NOT to buy him and leave a champions league winning midfield, exactly how it is.

We do not need him, he dont have a gap in the squad, we dont have to overpay for him.

And, I do not need to stop saying he is overpriced. He is exactly that, again, in my opinion. Just like alot of players who are being bought.

This is all rather simple, I dont understand what you seem not to get.

But whatever, if you dont understand, there is nothing I can do.



The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19443
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by messixaviesta Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:22 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
Very well put, Xavi doesn't need physicality with his genius positioning and godlike ball control.

Thanks man.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 42

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by messixaviesta Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:31 am

@Messi wrote:Because some people are saying fabregas is the successor of Xavi, I tell them fab is an AM/ play maker more of an iniesta role. Now some people are saying we don't need fabregas we have thiago who is also an AM. Xavi has a good 2-3 years left in him.

See Fabregas today plays as an AM just as you say. However people who say he fits into the Xavi role are not totally wrong. When he started with Arsenal he did play as a CM building play from deep.

I have to disagree slightly. I don't think Fabregas suits the Iniesta role. He suits the Xavi role better than that at least. There are quite a few reasons for that. One is that he is not versatile enough. He needs to stay in the center. Iniesta on the other hand is very good at occupying different positions on the pitch including drifting to the wings. The second is he is nowhere near as good as Iniesta at moving with the ball at his feet. Thirdly can Fabregas play alongside Xavi? The only way I have seen this working out and can see this work out is if he plays ahead of Xavi. That's where he played very well as a super-sub in Euro 2008 and did his job reasonably well as a part time sub in WC 2010 as well. When he tried to play alongside Xavi we witnessed a disaster in the Confed Cup. However in our system with Messi as false number 9 it does not seem possible to play him as an AM. Xaviesta on the other hand, as dani once said, is probably the greatest non-forward player combination ever seen.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 42

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:44 am

@The Franchise wrote:Damn.....I dont get what is so difficult about what I am saying. I will try again for a final time.

In my opinion, Cesc is not worth 40m. First thing.

If Arsenal value him at 40m...then fine, but to me he isnt worth that value.

Therefore, buying him for 40m, again in my opinion, would be overpaying for him.

Because, again in my opinion, we dont need him, we have no reason to buy him and therefore no reason to over pay for him.

Now, your still with me I hope.



If he is available at what I consider his value or even below his value, I would consider it, but he is not, therefore I would not.

My value of Cesc is my opinion, values are subjective, there is a player and he has a value and what that is is based on the opinion the person who values him at (in this case me) has of him. It will change person to person.

Now, other teams have overpaid for players. For example, Pool and Carroll for 35m.

Because they choose to overpay for him, thats their business. They needed a striker and they wanted him so they choose to pay for him.

Just because they over payed, just because other teams have overpaid...it does not mean we HAVE to overpay also.

We could choose NOT to buy him and leave a champions league winning midfield, exactly how it is.

We do not need him, he dont have a gap in the squad, we dont have to overpay for him.

And, I do not need to stop saying he is overpriced. He is exactly that, again, in my opinion. Just like alot of players who are being bought.

This is all rather simple, I dont understand what you seem not to get.

But whatever, if you dont understand, there is nothing I can do.





OK, well your values are totally messed up then. Pretty much everyone who works in the sport of football would tell you that Cesc is worth more then 40 mill, I'm sure you think you know more then the professionals though.

If you were to say we have enough midfielders and we don't need to spend 40 mill on another one I would be OK with that. But to just state that Cesc Fabregas at the age of 24 isn't worth 40 Mill and you don't want to overpay is a asinine statement.

Is anyone outside of Messi and Ronaldo valued at or around 40 mill to you? Please do clue us in as to what you think Fabregas is worth in this market, because we are dealing in the present reality???? Also if you could, please tell me the midfielders you think are better then Fabregas that are not on our team and what you think there valued at, again in this market.

Also, just so you know values of products are not subjective, that is false. You can offer "your" price to a store or person but they will only sell at "there" price which is what they think is fair in the market they are participating in, your opinion is actually worthless in the process if you want to buy the product. The only thing you can do is not buy it or offer less and then you are stuck in this awful situation we are in now with the idiot Rosell who is making us look like beggers. But we all know that Barca will buy Cesc sooner or later.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:59 am

Or maybe I can just have an opinion which is different from the sheep?

By the way, I aint alone, Barca offered 27m...closer to my valuation then the "majorities" 40m mark.

Is anyone outside Cristiano and Messi worth 40m? Yeah sure.

I think Iniesta might be worth that much.

Robben is probably worth that much.

Rooney is probably worth that much.

I think Fabregas is worth 35m, thats fair, but not a penny more.



And for the love of god, stop saying "in this market", I cant believe how many times I have explained my stance.

JUST BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE OVERPAYS DOESNT MEAN WE HAVE TO ASWELL.

No, there will not only sell at "their" price. There is negotiations which happen.

For the record, Rosell is doing a decent job in terms of transfer decisions in my book.

Making us look like beggars? For not paying overpriced fee's? If thats the way you want to look at it.



The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19443
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:24 am

@The Franchise wrote:Or maybe I can just have an opinion which is different from the sheep?

By the way, I aint alone, Barca offered 27m...closer to my valuation then the "majorities" 40m mark.

Is anyone outside Cristiano and Messi worth 40m? Yeah sure.

I think Iniesta might be worth that much.

Robben is probably worth that much.

Rooney is probably worth that much.

I think Fabregas is worth 35m, thats fair, but not a penny more.



And for the love of god, stop saying "in this market", I cant believe how many times I have explained my stance.

JUST BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE OVERPAYS DOESNT MEAN WE HAVE TO ASWELL.

No, there will not only sell at "their" price. There is negotiations which happen.

For the record, Rosell is doing a decent job in terms of transfer decisions in my book.

Making us look like beggars? For not paying overpriced fee's? If thats the way you want to look at it.




Yes we offered 27 mill and have been laughed at by pretty much everyone and we are looking pathetic by doing so. Everyone knows it's a pathetic offer. And I knew you would do this, your saying no way Cesc is worth 40 mill he's worth 35 mill. You really have been calling him overvalued for 5 mill freaking dollars? We are one of the top 3 biggest clubs in the world we can handle an extra 5 mill which was the whole point in the first place, we don't need to look like we need hand outs, we have money just pay 40 and get it over with. That is the difference between Laporta and Rosell, one has class the other one looks low class.

No negotiation has happened. They have told us to get serious or get lost. Everyone thought the 27 mill offer was a joke.

And I keep saying in this market because you are living 2 years ago with your values. You are acting like Man City, Real (with Perez), Malaga, PSG, Chelsea don't exsist. You value Robben who is hurt every year and 5 years older then Cesc above him, your values are terrible and flat out wrong.

I think Rosell has done a decent job except for this transfer and it is very public. IF he doesn't want to pay then walk away, it's obvious at 40 mill we are already getting a cut rate deal, they won't go lower hence there is no negotiation going on. There are even stories out there of him asking Cesc to pay part of it or getting sponsorship deals from Asia to help out. We are not Santos (although our jerseys are starting to look like it), we can handle this transfer all on our own.

You do know Fernando Torres just went for 50 mill right???? Get with the times, you might not like it but it is what it is, you can't just stick your head in the sand and deny it.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:31 am

dmc you need to stop saying that we look cheap by not paying the 40M, we're in debt ffs, you would rather us break the bank for a player we don't need?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 26884
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:23 pm

@dnmac4 wrote:
@The Franchise wrote:Or maybe I can just have an opinion which is different from the sheep?

By the way, I aint alone, Barca offered 27m...closer to my valuation then the "majorities" 40m mark.

Is anyone outside Cristiano and Messi worth 40m? Yeah sure.

I think Iniesta might be worth that much.

Robben is probably worth that much.

Rooney is probably worth that much.

I think Fabregas is worth 35m, thats fair, but not a penny more.



And for the love of god, stop saying "in this market", I cant believe how many times I have explained my stance.

JUST BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE OVERPAYS DOESNT MEAN WE HAVE TO ASWELL.

No, there will not only sell at "their" price. There is negotiations which happen.

For the record, Rosell is doing a decent job in terms of transfer decisions in my book.

Making us look like beggars? For not paying overpriced fee's? If thats the way you want to look at it.




Yes we offered 27 mill and have been laughed at by pretty much everyone and we are looking pathetic by doing so. Everyone knows it's a pathetic offer. And I knew you would do this, your saying no way Cesc is worth 40 mill he's worth 35 mill. You really have been calling him overvalued for 5 mill freaking dollars? We are one of the top 3 biggest clubs in the world we can handle an extra 5 mill which was the whole point in the first place, we don't need to look like we need hand outs, we have money just pay 40 and get it over with. That is the difference between Laporta and Rosell, one has class the other one looks low class.

No negotiation has happened. They have told us to get serious or get lost. Everyone thought the 27 mill offer was a joke.

And I keep saying in this market because you are living 2 years ago with your values. You are acting like Man City, Real (with Perez), Malaga, PSG, Chelsea don't exsist. You value Robben who is hurt every year and 5 years older then Cesc above him, your values are terrible and flat out wrong.

I think Rosell has done a decent job except for this transfer and it is very public. IF he doesn't want to pay then walk away, it's obvious at 40 mill we are already getting a cut rate deal, they won't go lower hence there is no negotiation going on. There are even stories out there of him asking Cesc to pay part of it or getting sponsorship deals from Asia to help out. We are not Santos (although our jerseys are starting to look like it), we can handle this transfer all on our own.

You do know Fernando Torres just went for 50 mill right???? Get with the times, you might not like it but it is what it is, you can't just stick your head in the sand and deny it.

5m Euros..not Dollars.

And yes it matters, one is slightly overpaying for a player we dont need. The other is paying fair value..though still for someone we dont need.

They told us to get serious or get lost? Was you in the board room for that one?

Stop overrating Cesc. He is injury prone too, he hasnt played 30 league games in more then 3 seasons.

Who cares if Robben is slightly more injury prone...he is clearly better.

And how is there a 5 year difference? Robben is 27..Cesc is 24....lol

To be honest, im done repeating the same things. Torres was 50m.....who cares....again, IF EVERYONE IS OVERPAYING, THAT DOESNT MEAN WE HAVE TO ALSO.











The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19443
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by messixaviesta Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:36 pm

I'll say something friends. At this point in time the possible transfer of Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona seems the closest that it has ever been.

Based on what I read today it seems a deal has been found that suits all parties. Barcelona pay E32m up front. Cesc sacrifices E5m from his salary. That makes E37m flat. Then there is a variable component of E5m on top of it.

My prediction is that the deal will get done - maybe even in a week.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 42

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by matpol Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:47 pm

I don't think Cesc is coming, he will stay at Arsenal again, we can not reach Arsenal asking price, these low offers won't be accepted. These rumours will be circulating two weeks, when finally Cesc will play in CL qualifiers and then it will be over for Cesc saga for now. Next season will be in 2012.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1321
Join date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by harhar11 Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:52 pm

@matpol wrote:I don't think Cesc is coming, he will stay at Arsenal again, we can not reach Arsenal asking price, these low offers won't be accepted. These rumours will be circulating two weeks, when finally Cesc will play in CL qualifiers and then it will be over for Cesc saga for now. Next season will be in 2012.

Well we are rumoured to have offered arsenal 37M (incl 5M from player's pay-cut) plus 5M variables for fabregas, which I would say is close(or more, depends if you count variables) to arsenal asking price of 40M

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3646
Join date : 2011-06-11

Back to top Go down

Official we need Cesc and Laporta back - Page 2 Empty Re: Official we need Cesc and Laporta back

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum