Mr. Festim
Lionel Bieber
Mr Nick09
Ganso
Khaled
66 posters

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Neymar could sign for Real Madrid ? - Page 21 Empty Re: Neymar could sign for Real Madrid ?

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:59 pm

To be honest guys, i'm still not quite sure why we're buying Neymar lol. He could be the next greatest thing... but we already have quite a few of those.

Madrid will be Madrid though.

Back to top Go down

Neymar could sign for Real Madrid ? - Page 21 Empty Re: Neymar could sign for Real Madrid ?

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:10 pm

the idea of replacing benzema made more sense than this
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:16 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:the idea of replacing benzema made more sense than this

I mean it was pretty clear that Mou didn't trust Benz and Benz was skeptical of Mou's intent... there was a lot of tension at times. So sure, make a move. But the Neymar thing is a head-scratcher as he's waaaay too young and inexperienced for the pressure at Madrid imo. Watching him with the Brazil NT, he doesn't seem the kind of player who does well without being a focal point on the pitch. And he's going to cost 45 million to boot.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:50 pm

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2011/07/10/2568993/barcelona-approached-santos-neymar-behind-my-back-agent
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:07 pm

Simply put we have to sign Neymar, the risk of him going to Barcelona instead would be too much to take, not to mention other rival clubs in Europe.

Better he play with us (flop or not) than he go to our rival and become another superstar.

Obvious really

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:08 pm

what do you think of sanchez crimson?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:11 pm

I'd much rather take Sanchez over Pedro. I don't know why Pedro is so underrated but I feel like he is a danger to us every time we play him.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:11 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:what do you think of sanchez crimson?

Good player not worth 50m though lmao, inconsistent at times and can be imposed apon and pushed off the play by a more physical and demanding defender.

But on his day he is brilliant and capable of being a match winner. For Barcelona I am not certain he is better than either Villa or Pedro, so I'm unsure what they are trying there, unless its a long term replacement for Villa? Then again most of their transfers make no sense to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:45 pm

When you start signing players to keep them away from a rival as opposed to making purchases that make sense for the club, you're walking down a very slippery slope there. That makes no sense to me. You would then need to sign every WC star Barca is after? No way.

I'm assuming Flo wants Neymar because he thinks he's Madrid quality, not because of a threat of signing from Barca.

Maybe Madrid is suddenly going to develop patience with young and developing players. The Varane and Neymar signings seem to indicate that. But it's not easy to swallow given our history with the term "patience" lol. That's my reason for questioning this purchase and the Varane one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:13 am

sportsczy I'm not talking about any normal world class youngster, everyone in the world is watching this kid right now and many people believe he is already a bonafide world class talent capable of being the best in the world. There has been no one like him at his age in the last 10 years. Not even as promising as Robinho was, could he get close to the way Neymar is playing atm.

He also already pulls close to 6m in sponsors at just 19. The risk isn't Barcelona could get another good world class youngster, but more to the fact Barcelona could get another potential world's best player and that would be unacceptable for Madrid in this current climate.

You can't let this kid go to Barcelona full stop

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:18 am

Barcelona did end up with two generation defining players, it's quite ridiculous when you think about it. Not just two top players, two guys that will end up on the top 15 of all time, guys we compare to the greatest of all time.

we would be smart to abort him going to barcelona.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:23 am

Nick, how serious is this Neymar interest? I ubderstand that there have been talks and a transfer next January might be on the cards but I am still under the impression that the Aguero deal has actually been verbally agreed.

I think Real have already contacted Aguero and agreed a transfer and are letting him focus completly on the Copa. They want the transfer done as quick as possible, but this Neymar interest is confusing me.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:25 am

izzy26 wrote:Nick, how serious is this Neymar interest? I ubderstand that there have been talks and a transfer next January might be on the cards but I am still under the impression that the Aguero deal has actually been verbally agreed.

I think Real have already contacted Aguero and agreed a transfer and are letting him focus completly on the Copa. They want the transfer done as quick as possible, but this Neymar interest is confusing me.

Other way around

Neymar is the focus of interest, our best negotiators are in Brasil atm, which should tell you the seriousness of our intent to sign Neymar

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:28 am

Crimson wrote:Other way around
Neymar is the focus of interest, our best negotiators are in Brasil atm, which should tell you the seriousness of our intent to sign Neymar

Really? What the hell is actually going on?

Where will he play and 45m? I'm unsure about this.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:31 am

oh, it's happening. it's very very real, we sent club officials to discuss the terms with Santos last week, and from what i understand, everything has been agreed between both clubs. THe terms have been agreed with the player as well, i think he would have the same kind of contract as Ozil, 5M and an increase if he wins the golden ball.

We needed to act fast, because of barca sniffing around, and to shortcut any other club.

about Aguero, it's a position that i have been holding for a while, but I dont know if they want to integrate both Aguero and Neymar, it's a bit surreal. So it's very real that Neymar might cancel out Aguero...

we will see, but Neymar is a reality. It's better he comes next summer, unless ronaldo hurt his back like Higgy and Altintop in december lol.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:32 am

izzy26 wrote:
Crimson wrote:Other way around

Really? What the hell is actually going on?

Where will he play and 45m? I'm unsure about this.

Quite a number of clubs have agreed to pay his b/o clause. And Jose has already been on the phone to Neymar's agent clarifying how he will utilise him

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:36 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:oh, it's happening. it's very very real, we sent club officials to discuss the terms with Santos last week, and from what i understand, everything has been agreed between both clubs. THe terms have been agreed with the player as well, i think he would have the same kind of contract as Ozil, 5M and an increase if he wins the golden ball.

We needed to act fast, because of barca sniffing around, and to shortcut any other club.

about Aguero, it's a position that i have been holding for a while, but I dont know if they want to integrate both Aguero and Neymar, it's a bit surreal. So it's very real that Neymar might cancel out Aguero...

we will see, but Neymar is a reality. It's better he comes next summer, unless ronaldo hurt his back like Higgy and Altintop in december lol.

So, we might actually sign BOTH Aguero and Neymar? Interesting.

@Crimson, do you know any of these interested parties?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:38 am

izzy26 wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:oh, it's happening. it's very very real, we sent club officials to discuss the terms with Santos last week, and from what i understand, everything has been agreed between both clubs. THe terms have been agreed with the player as well, i think he would have the same kind of contract as Ozil, 5M and an increase if he wins the golden ball.

So, we might actually sign BOTH Aguero and Neymar? Interesting.

@Crimson, do you know any of these interested parties?

Chelsea, Barcelona and 2 others apart from us.

All that matters to be honest is that Barcelona want him lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:40 am

@crimson, imo, the 5 clubs intereste din Neymar is a bit of make believe, only 3 were serious: RM, barca, and chelsea.

i believe one of those clubs was a russian or ukranian club, i dont remember which was the 5th one.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:42 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:@crimson, imo, the 5 clubs intereste din Neymar is a bit of make believe, only 3 were serious: RM, barca, and chelsea.

i believe one of those clubs was a russian or ukranian club, i dont remember which was the 5th one.

I can see Man City/Inter/PSG and a few others interested

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:57 am

I belive the fifth club Neymar was linked about is FC Anzhi Makhachkala
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:31 am

I got you Crimson. Could be. As I think about it, using Barca's scouting as a hint of great talent is smart. They have signed a lot of the great talents very young in recent years (r9, ronaldinho, messi).

Worth a try since the money is not that much of a biggie for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:12 am

sportsczy wrote:I got you Crimson. Could be. As I think about it, using Barca's scouting as a hint of great talent is smart. They have signed a lot of the great talents very young in recent years (r9, ronaldinho, messi).

Worth a try since the money is not that much of a biggie for us.

That's what I figure, 45m is nothing to us in reality, even though it is technically a big transfer and if we sign up 50% of his rights as per most larger transfers we should get a notable return on investment considering how established he already is in the marketing world

A gamble worth taking where the reward is potentially much higher than the risk involved in paying 45m for him

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Meh, Neymar is a big name. If we buy him people are gonna buy his shirts so even if he flops we could get some of the money back.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Barcelona already have 2 geniuses who would be around for the foreseeable future (Iniesta and Messi). For them to sign Neymar, it's best Real Madrid concentrate on making money as winning titles would be rather difficult. So yeah, I totally understand what Crimson and Nick are saying and what the club is doing.

And besides, that sort of talent one usually would find a way to utilize it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:07 pm

i just dont see where he would play unless we sold di maria.. and even then.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next