Fahim89
BeautifulGame
iftikhar
Nishankly
Red Alert
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Galatasaray vs Liverpool | The Return to Ataturk  - Page 2 Empty Re: Galatasaray vs Liverpool | The Return to Ataturk

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:34 pm

ohhh Carroll heads high .. Great chance there..

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Galatasaray vs Liverpool | The Return to Ataturk  - Page 2 Empty Re: Galatasaray vs Liverpool | The Return to Ataturk

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:38 pm

Melo header saved by Doni..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:43 pm

Doni saves again..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:44 pm

2-0 Baros ..

Poulsen = out..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:47 pm

This is pretty embarrassing... Why is Kenny not interested in playing our actual team in preseason games? Players out due to injury/traveling I can understand, but there are starters who are fit and could use game-time ahead of the season, and aren't even named as subs...
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:48 pm

stevieg8 wrote:This is pretty embarrassing... Why is Kenny not interested in playing our actual team in preseason games? Players out due to injury/traveling I can understand, but there are starters who are fit and could use game-time ahead of the season, and aren't even named as subs...

Could not agree more. This defeats the purpose of pre-season and generating match fitness. What a waste of a game so far.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:50 pm

poolsupporter wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:This is pretty embarrassing... Why is Kenny not interested in playing our actual team in preseason games? Players out due to injury/traveling I can understand, but there are starters who are fit and could use game-time ahead of the season, and aren't even named as subs...

Could not agree more. This defeats the purpose of pre-season and generating match fitness. What a waste of a game so far.

The scoreline of this game and the Hull game I couldn't care less about... It shows nothing about the strength of our team. What bothers me is that I'm worried the starters are going to be unfit and unready for Sunderland.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:52 pm

HT 2-0
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Brad Jones Kuyt Aquilani ON
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:19 pm

Carroll header saved..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Carroll is amazing aerially .. Gala can't do anything but foul him..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:33 pm

Nishank wrote:Carroll is amazing aerially .. Gala can't do anything but foul him..

I wish we could see something with his feet.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:45 pm

Carroll header saved..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:49 pm

3-0. Absolute garbage so far. One or two decent plays, but look like a third division team for the rest of the game.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:59 pm

3-0 ft. whole team looked poor in my opinion... carroll was good in the air, aquilani had a few good passes, but other than that... Sad
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:04 pm

horrible game! ! ! Evil or Very Mad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:56 pm

In all honesty this team lacked our most probable 1st team players:

Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Carra, Johnson, Adam, Meireles, Lucas, Henderson, Gerrard, Downing & Suarez.

Only Carroll & Kuyt where there, who could feature in the 1st team more regularly

Plus without a solid LB . .

the only creative player in the squad for me was Aqua . .

So my saying no point looking at the score! ! the team was total BS! !

& the important players left out alone make the whole squad & Sub bench! ! :O
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:59 pm

i guess the U18s would have had a feast against today's team ! ! Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:48 am

Good, only two more of these to go. Can't get bothered about these, really.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:49 am

ynwa wrote:AA to kill it again. :coffee:

:coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:47 pm

There were 5-6 players who are considered as back-up to the first XI. Considering that, the result (can't talk about the performance since I haven't seen the game) is very poor.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:56 pm

iftikhar wrote:There were 5-6 players who are considered as back-up to the first XI. Considering that, the result (can't talk about the performance since I haven't seen the game) is very poor.

The performance was worse.

Kelly was played in the CB position. A position that is considered his natural one. His positioning was terrible there. Flanno seemed to be outmuscled in most challenges. Soto was Soto. Slow, his positioning was a lot better than Kelly's, but he relied on hoofing a little too much. Insua was very average. Slow and like Flanno was out muscled a fair number of times. With that said though, he never stopped chasing after balls.

Once the defense was changed, we had Ayala come on. Better than Kelly, but can't really say much about him really.

If anything is apparent through these games, it is that most of our youth do not seem ready for the first team. All of them seem to panic when put into pressure situations.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:02 pm

Think Kelly's been played RB so many times, he has a new natural position.

To be fair to our youth, they need experience players to help guide them. By experience I do not mean mediocre pensioners that are leeching our wage bill. Mad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:13 am

When Flanagan and Robinson stepped into the side they had a fairly fit and in form side around them already performing. That made it much, much easier for them to step in and step up.

Compare this to an unfit side full of B and C-teamers in absurd heat in Turkey. Two completely different situations.

And I've said before, who cares about pre-season?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:06 am

RedOranje wrote:
And I've said before, who cares about pre-season?

Not me.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:02 am

Kelly has been having a really poor pre season.. I think he is a RB now.. Lets not take risks and play him as CB.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next