Turok_TTZ
Perucho21
Thimmy
sportsczy
halamadrid2
15 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Official Real Madrid 23 - 24 Matchday Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 23 - 24 Matchday Thread

Post by titosantill Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:42 pm

To be honest, i'm not that concerned about starting or not starting youngsters. My only thing is win, start who is good enough to start, and let's not get used to putting square pegs in round holes. I think a thin squad is what leads to that. Then again, we have to be fair to mr ancelotti. He's done a darn good job that a contract extension should be a no brainer. And most importantly, the players seem to like him. To me that's the second most important part about being a coach, man management. The first is winning......tactics are a distant third in my opinion.

titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Real Madrid 23 - 24 Matchday Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 23 - 24 Matchday Thread

Post by Clutch Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:31 am

titosantill wrote:i don't know that the brazil job is that attractive right now tbh. it might be in a couple years time. neymar i dont think has retired from brazil, might be best for carlo to take it over when he does. and save him the hassle of dropping him (even though to me its a no brainer that he should be dropped at this point....if he is still playing for them that is).

its good news for us at madrid though. a manager who knows the squad, and we're out of that managerial merry go round we were in prior to the zidane era. if not for anything, its great for consistency. and i agree, i hope he does have a say in our talent aquisition.
I'm looking at it a different view and that's if I were to bring Brazil their 6th and I don't get to work as much and get paid well, that seems like a good gig. I'm ecstatic that he's back bc there isn't another manager I would want. Having the best players on your team, man management is important and there really isn't anyone better than Carlo. I remember the team being very disappointed with the Carlo sack last time which affected our play

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:33 am

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:58 pm

A win is a win. One step closervto the league title.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:47 am

Lucas out injured. I take this as good news as it means we should finally get to see Vinicius Tobias play and see what he can offer and his potential promotion will allow team to concentrate on Davies purchase and leave RB (& CB) positions replacements for another year!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:24 am

Bill you are quite optimistic. You sure carlo wouldnt play camavinga on the right?

He could also try to get fran there as well.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:08 am

Using Valverde as a right wingback and change to a 433 may not be a bad idea.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:33 pm

They have talked about Tobias for 2 years now, as a possible replacement for Dani. Even Carlo raved about him as a potential. It’s about time, we get to see if he is that potential or not. We’re only 6 months away from needing to make a decision about him.

Using a squad player there out of position is not a good idea IMO esp. when we have a supposedly full time RB on bench.

Lucas is reportedly out 3 weeks so there should be an opportunity for him to play. They need to be careful with Carvajal. They need to manage his minutes.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:50 am

sportsczy wrote:Using Valverde as a right wingback and change to a 433 may not be a bad idea.

I don't ever want to see Valverde as right back again. Ever.

What a waste.

Blood a youth player.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:25 pm

Tobias is starting today in copa del rey game.

Edit: also starting is Güler and Nico Paz!

That’s 3 of the 4 possible young talents (4th being Endick) that could be included in squad next year. Granted the opposition for this game is very weak, but at least we get a chance to see them play.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:06 pm

Tobias was meh

Arda Guler was pretty good for someone who's missed half the season

Glad this game is over. The pitch was ridiculous
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:54 pm

Arda guler has much potential. Its a shame his luck abandoned him from the start of the season. Finally plays a game for us after such misfortune with injuries. Let us hope he put that behind him.

Cant say about tobias. Seemed nervous. Will need more games for sure.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:05 am

Loved this from Guler
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:07 am

Yeah, I agree with comments about Vinicius Tobias. He just isn’t the talent that showed so well to Ancelotti when he first came 2 years ago. He had no confidence at all especially offensively, which is supposed to be his strength. And if he was nervous against a third level club how bad would he be against a liga team? There was a reason why last summer club was about to not continue his loan.

So now, in addition to acquiring Davies for LB, club will need to acquire a RB.

Güler showed he will be an asset and Nico Paz also looks like he can make squad.

And how about Brahim. He keeps impressing more and more. He will be a solid alternative from the bench next season. Joselu continues to solve issues with our forwards, although his loan renewal will depend on squad numbers and whether or not Espanyol makes it back to la liga or not.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:37 am

Guler looked good.

Vinicius Tobias played well. Defended well.

Nico Paz was poor.

But these are teenagers. They need time to develop their game
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:49 pm

I'm really looking forward to seeing more from Arda Guler. I have no idea if he'll ever break into our first team, but I've been impressed by what little I've seen from him since the pre-season training sessions. His injury was really unfortunate, but he's only 18 years old. I think he's a very exciting prospect.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:48 pm

tobias is 19 i think. two years ago he was 17, the guy was on the b team, and already you're expecting pepe. dude has barely played any pro games. he needs time
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:29 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Yeah, I agree with comments about Vinicius Tobias. He just isn’t the talent that showed so well to Ancelotti when he first came 2 years ago. He had no confidence at all especially offensively, which is supposed to be his strength. And if he was nervous against a third level club how bad would he be against a liga team? There was a reason why last summer club was about to not continue his loan.

So now, in addition to acquiring Davies for LB, club will need to acquire a RB.

Güler showed he will be an asset and Nico Paz also looks like he can make squad.

And how about Brahim. He keeps impressing more and more. He will be a solid alternative from the bench next season. Joselu continues to solve issues with our forwards, although his loan renewal will depend on squad numbers and whether or not Espanyol makes it back to la liga or not.

Ive always liked brahim since his milan days. He definitely has a fire lit within him. We will need such for coming games, our schedule sucks.

Back on Tobias, tito aint nobody expecting prime cafu or maicon. Like i said. Too early to tell. But first impression is nervous. That can be dealt with by more game time. I hope he geta better as we will require all men to the forefront. January sucks for real madrid.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:54 am

I’d argue Brahim will be a starter next season. He is extremely talented. I’ve said this over and over again. He has fantastic qualities, but he does need consistent minutes and time to improve his football iq. He 100% passes the eye test. But he’s two footed, quick, excellent dribbler and not bad in front of goal. Not a bad passer either
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:04 am

Se are going to have to change formation if Brahim is to get more playing time and win a regular spot.

In this formation it'd be too hard to get in. Yes there might be injuries allowing him to play. Don't think Rodrygo is seeing the bench again after being a regular starter this season. That leaves no spot for Brahim unfortunately but seasons are long and injuries will happen.

Brahim can be abit annoying with his ball hogging but if he lets go of that he can be very effective.

He is the most inform player in our team right now.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:09 am

I was definitely impressed by Guler, mostly because all things considered he came off as quite tenacious and full of character. I like that he actually uses his right foot to pass, cross, and shoot and I wanna see more of how he uses it to control the ball. I liked his off the ball movement and how he was roaming even more than probably Odegaard does for example.

I will always say though, I don’t like CAM player profiles as his so much, but if he turns out Elite he can of course be useful.

As for Brahim, he def has places he can play in in the 4222 we’ve been using.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:41 am

The team building is in 2 layers as it has become abundantly clear in past few years, that to go far, particularly in CL you need a deep bench. The number of games in a single year has become a huge factor and injuries continue to be prominent. We got by for years with deadwood in the squad. Now for once we have a squad were every single one has something to contribute and has coach’s confidence.

So the rebuilt team is not just about starters, but having quality on bench. Take a look at midfield as the example of what’s to come. With Brahim, Güler, and likely addition of Endick and maybe Nico Paz, and then maybe the continuance of Joselu, bench strength just gets better and better. The biggest  challenge  Carlo will have is giving all sufficient playing time and managing player’s egos. So far, he is doing great with that, but it seems under appreciated by most fans!

The recruitment issues, other than obtaining a CF and Davies is beefing up the defense with the departures of Lucas (this summer), Nacho (likely summer of 2025) and Carvajal ( likely summer of 2026) plus by that time maybe Rudiger and Alaba as well.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:00 pm

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:45 pm

Good game minus Kepa, Modric and Tchouaméni who were terrible.

Which we can clone Camavinga. That kid is so good.

Joselu with a huge (non) goal and Diaz with the cherry on top.

Onwards we march!
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:44 pm

Going home with a trophy. Too bad our next game is against Atleti straight away. Could've done with an easier one.

Valverde is having a magnificent season. The goalscorers take all the glory but without him we don't go on this winning streak. Balde was rendered useless to a large part because of Valverde's selfless running, closing down, beating the first press and being another body in defence

Didn't like Lewa having all that space to get off a volley. Bellingham frankly has to cover that space and leave the penalty area to Tcho and the defence.

If Kepa had started we wouldn't have only conceded one goal. I can't believe Carlo hasn't chosen his no 1 yet.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:57 pm

A win is a win even if its against a minnow. A fresh new title to add momentum to our season. Glory awaits.

Pathetico? They're called pathetico for a reason. Its time we avenge our loss earlier this season.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next