Thimmy
Firenze
El Gunner
Myesyats
FennecFox7
43 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 5 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by Clutch Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:14 am

El Gunner wrote:
FF wrote:also realize that player is probably only second to Messi in terms of greatness.
he's not though...

Players like Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Zidane, Brazilian Ronaldo, Platini all were more impressive in their skillset. Cristiano Ronaldo only has longevity and goalscoring prowess over them, which should be praised. But it's not that clear that Ronaldo is second to Messi.

And then you have Tier 2 players like Thierry Henry, Luis Suarez, Del Piero, Iniesta which skillsets i personally find much more appealing than Ronaldo's style of play.
Suarez over Ronaldo is crazy Laughing

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 5 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:31 am

didn't necessarily say i rank him over Ronaldo, just would much rather watch a match of him at his best than a Ronaldo one at his best
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:02 am

El Gunner wrote:didn't necessarily say i rank him over Ronaldo, just would much rather watch a match of him at his best than a Ronaldo one at his best
I respect your opinion but I highly disagree with that. I think people are forgetting how much of menace CR7 was especially with his last few years at United

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:26 pm

Suarez out of all players lol. I understand iniesta, zidane.. Suarez? rofl
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:32 pm

I believe we can all agree on two things;

1. Ronaldo is a terrible egotistical person and has literally made a fool of himself this past season or two.

2. Messi has been the better overall player over the past decade and will be acknowledged as the best ever or at a minimum among the best three of all time.

But to just ignore his play, simply because you don’t like to watch him is utterly wrong. Putting a list of good, sometimes great players ahead of him ignores his many accomplishments. And putting Suarez who has had his own personality issues on that list is comical. Ronaldo is clearly the second best player in the past decade, a fair distance from Messi, but also a fair distance ahead of the likes of Iniesta, Xavi, Modric, etc.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:44 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Suarez out of all players lol. I understand iniesta, zidane.. Suarez? rofl

did you watch him at Liverpool?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sree999 Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:43 pm

RIP to the tap in merchant benchnaldo
sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:28 pm

Props to him for pushing Messi a little and keeping the rivalry somewhat alive but he was never in the goat conversation

The title of this thread is rather comedic in nature

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:50 pm

Myesyats wrote:Props to him for pushing Messi a little and keeping the rivalry somewhat alive but he was never in the goat conversation

The title of this thread is rather comedic in nature
After the 2018 CL win and his bicycle kick against Juve + the memorable game against Spain in the WC... in 2018 he was right there with Messi legacy and accomplishment wise, even above Messi aside from the Balon d Ors really. Had Ronaldo been more Savvy post 2018 CL final and even with a few things changing by not that much of a margin this world cup the discussion of legacy would be different.

The title of the thread imo reflects a period of time where Ronaldo was much better off legacy wise than he is now.

CR7 died 4.5 years ago in Ukraine. and it wasn't putin who done it.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:52 am

True tbh.

Messi made the easy decisions, Ronaldo made the hard ones. Had he remained in Real and kept stat and trophy padding or moved to like PSG or Bayern maybe we would still have a conversation.

After this WC Messi is probably GOAT, but what happened to Ronaldo now awaits Messi. The decline and people with short memory forgetting everything you've done in six months.

CR is still a very close second, people suddenly behaving like he was an average stat padder Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:19 pm

the title of the thread reflects an agenda RG started on this forum when Ronaldo found himself on the most perfect CL team of all-time.

The only thing Ronaldo is a very close second to Messi in is in goalscoring... otherwise they are two completely different players and there is a gap in genius and brilliance.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:31 pm

El Gunner wrote:the title of the thread reflects an agenda RG started on this forum when Ronaldo found himself on the most perfect CL team of all-time.

The only thing Ronaldo is a very close second to Messi in is in goalscoring... otherwise they are two completely different players and there is a gap in genius and brilliance.

Perfectly said. Thumbs up  Real Madrid was winning UCL after they bought Modric, not Ronaldo. Modric won UCL after CR left. CR won nothing after he left Modric and Madrid. Doesn't mean Ronaldo did't perform in UCl, of course he did. But With Modric and Kroos feeding him all the time.

He did't win those UCL single handly otherwise he would have won it before Modric came to Real Madrid.
Modric with Croatia [IMO historically weaker team than Portugal] reached World cup final and semi Final. Coincidence! nope.
 Benzema turned into a random player when CR was cannibalising all goals from every single Madrid player. CR leaves Madrid, and Benzema Win Ballon Do'r . Coincidence! i don't think so. 

His Reputation built on Goal Scoring exploits. Gerd Muller has a far better Record on efficiency, Big game performance than Ronaldo in every single metric as a goal scorer yet he is not considered in the top five players of all time? But CR , how?

CR is rated highly because he was born in the social media era. Also It helps when you are good looking.

If Gerd Muller  was born in this stats era he would been considered better than Ronaldo with his record and Big game performance. And Muller wasn't someone like Inzagi. He had incredible link-up play. Super efficient and Big game player in every single Metric.

May ask question why i should take CR over Gerd Muller as my Primary goal scorer?
Was CR in his Goal scoring prime Top 3 dribbler in the world?
Top 10 Passer inte world?
Top 10 Playmaker in the world?
Had top 10 Vision In the world?
Top 5 decision maker in the world?
Was he top 10 team player in the world?

Let alone in the history.

I find Cristiano Ronaldo Incredibly overrated , If i compare him to Cryuff, Messi, Maradona, Pele even Di stefano. If we talk about Cristiano it's all revolve around goal scoring.
If we talk Cryuff, Messi, Maradona, Pele even Di stefano they have so much other quality it's not even debatable. Cristiano is very Limited as a player compared to those names.

If Ronaldo is in the top 5 of all time , so is Gerd Muller, there is no other way.

And when did Goal scoring became metric of evaluating player as a GOAT. If it was the case historically should not Gerd Muller, Puskas, Eusebio, Romario be ranked better than Maradona, Zidane, Cruyff, Di stefano, Beckenbauer etc?[by their peers, fans, coaches and media]

When people say Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player of all time i just sahke my head. How can i take a Limited player like him as a best player of all time for this beautiful game.Maybe my away of watching and thinking is worng. But man i can't imagine Cristiano Ronaldo as a best ever . its not always how much you won also your skill range, understanding of game, efficiency , beautiful way of play, vision, team player, leadership so much.

Last edited by Beautiful Football on Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:12 pm; edited 3 times in total

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:23 pm

Disaster of a post.

Messi wins the world cup and all of a sudden CR is overrated and only great because of social media Laughing

The only good thing about the end of Ronaldo and Messi era is the end of their fan boys.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:31 pm

"All of a sudden"? People saying that now have been saying it for a decade. No one changed their mind in the past week regarding this debate.

Fwiw Ronaldo led Portugal to a Euro victory, which is as much as you can hope for a country like Portugal. No one will expect Haaland to make Norway world champions or even reach a semifinal.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:35 pm

rincon wrote:Disaster of a post.

Messi wins the world cup and all of a sudden CR is overrated and only great because of social media Laughing

The only good thing about the end of Ronaldo and Messi era is the end of their fan boys.

Nothig disaster here. I never said CR is garbage player. All i did compare him to past Legends. You are trying to be dramatic and call out someone fanboy.

With or without world cup Messi was always better player than him. CR is still one of the all time great. Not top 5 of all time in my book. He is overrtaed compare to other historical player in similiar profile. Lots of current player are also overrated,(especially goal scorer) compare to past. historically it was never stats driven to rate a player best ever, it is recent phenomena because of social media.

I have seen people become fans of him because he is good looking and it has nothig to do with football. In messi's case you can say its moslty related to his game and performance. In my life time two player massively overrated by Media, one is beckham(thanks early of his career there was no social media) and other is Cristiano Ronaldo. His football talent and good look made him far more popular than he should have if he was Average looking.

Last edited by Beautiful Football on Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:36 pm; edited 6 times in total

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:54 pm

+1 Beautiful Football and BC

btw BC don't mean to order you around, but the thumbs up button seems to be malfunctioning... can it be looked into when you or McLewis get the time...
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:57 pm

As a CR hater I used to underplay him in general, but as the yrs past in around 2016-7ish? When he went on the CL clutches n equaled Messi's 5 Ballon D'or I thought he really was insanely good n perhaps second best player of all time. But have come to realize I basically know next to nothing about the legends of past eras simply becos I have only seen very limited videos of bits n pieces of them play, so its hard to judge. But if speaking just on my lifetime/time when I started watching football, CR definitely is top2. U can argue about overall game, but his consistency n goal scoring throughout the yrs just beats anyone else bar Messi during this time period, thats for sure. At his height which went on for yrs, often his game was just top. Many other greats can reach that level, but not with the consistency for yrs n no where near the goal effciency.

However, post Madrid n maybe a bit of Juve n Man U, hes really gone downhill. Messi is 2 yrs younger but the contrast in fortunes n performances in the past few months naturally has had the effect thats tainted CR's career a bit no doubt.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:47 pm

I would like to reserve a thumb up for this post!
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:35 pm

Do you guys realize there is such a award called Super Balon D’Or? There has only been one ever awarded, although there is now talk about a possible 2nd (for Messi). And the recipient of that single award was not Messi, CRonaldo, Pele, Maradona, Cruff, nor Ronaldo!

It was for Real Madrid’s de Stefano. I know most of you have no idea of how great Di Stefano was, but take a look at the Super Balon D’Or writeup. Has stats are off the chart. I was a child when he played and I did see him play live a few times and he was spectacular.  But mostly it was listening to radio to his games (TV coverage back then was rare and poor quality).

That award sounds much more convincing that this arbitrary GOAT being thrown around with no set criteria!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:44 am

wow that's the first time i've heard of it, Bill. Thanks for the heads up. Lots of reports out there that Messi could win it now, i hope they give it to him because it just makes sense he has been great for so long, it will just be deserving and rub extra salt in the salty wounds of Cronaldo fanboys :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:23 pm

The use of suddenly and all of a sudden in this thread is insulting honestly. We’ve been riding this train for years

Winning the WC only settles the debate for those who don’t know football and casuals. 2x silver is not bad in a WC career where luck plays a big part and Argentina not having won gold for 30+ years prior to Messi is proof enough. The rest of us didn’t need this gold but there is a sense of relief because otherwise it would always have been an argument years into the future.

The overall impact on the game that Messi had is immeasurable and spans beyond anything Ronaldo has done.

The end of Messi’s career will be marked by WC gold and Ronaldo’s by Piers Morgan interview. Symbolic and true.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:43 pm

This all of a sudden suddenly became the Messi is the GOAT ya'll better believe it thread Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:23 pm

Always has been 😳🔫

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:11 pm

Even BL is defending Ronaldo. Beautiful football, here’s your clown hat, you dropped it 🤡

First off, the “can’t dribble” nonsense is such drivel. He was averaging 4-5 dribbles a game in his prime, including in his early years at Madrid. That’s insane, particularly for a player who drifts to the middle.

He’s one of the top assisters in the CL and Real Madrid history, the greatest club statistically in the world.

Modric is a phenomenal player. He’s not the main reason for our success; he’s one of them. We won the CLs because of zidane, the introduction of Casemiro, and other factors. We were unstoppable during the mou years and lost on margins like penalty shootouts and questionable referee decisions. And Barcelona just being plain insanely good.

CR was scoring 40-60+ goals a season, while Benzema was literally missing sitters and being fat and lazy. He was NOWHERE NEAR the player he is today. In fact, I recall Benzema missing more sitters from Ronaldo passes and Ronaldo providing good passes into the box Benzema’s fat ass couldn’t get to. So tired of this narrative. Always by salty barca fans who are still crying from the ass whoopings and our CL success.

“Top 10 Passer inte world?
Top 10 Playmaker in the world?
Had top 10 Vision In the world?
Top 5 decision maker in the world?
Was he top 10 team player in the world?”

Lol, first off, the only player who has all those qualities is Messi. After that, it’s a massive drop off. Since you wanted to list Ronaldo’s weaknesses (which quite frankly he’s still very good at), let’s look at his strengths

Top 5 most fit and athletic player (never injured, physical strength, speed, height)
Top 5 goal scorer
Top 5 off the ball movement and positioning
Top 5 heading ability
Top 10 shooting ability
A great dribbler in his prime
And his decision making is actually really good. He makes the right move in the box every time.

Messi is the best, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves, you’re a Europa league contender without Messi
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:39 pm

I’ve never seen a championship team, players and fans alike have such an angry approach in their celebrations. Messi lashing out at Netherlands saying Argentina not getting respect they deserve, Martínez continuing to mock the rivals they beat, fans taking relative comments about state of competitions vis a vis Europa a South America, as insulting entire continent, fans taking Messi success to totally discount CRonaldo’s career!

I mean just enjoy the tremendous success. I have no idea what’s causing all these angry responses to what should be an entirely monumental achievement.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:16 pm

Great post Beautiful Football. Ronaldo not being a top 5 all time player isn't a crazy opinion. In fact, I can't remember any legit football expert/historian I've spoken to who thinks that either. He's 6th at the highest, and 10th at the latest imo.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next