Casciavit
neuro11
El Gunner
M99
BarrileteCosmico
37 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

World Cup 2022 - Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 - Quarter-Finals

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:40 am

M99 wrote:Its gonna be 2014 all over again, Argentina wins very narrowly.

Brazil lost to the first European team they faced in the knockouts for the last four World Cups. Do they break the pattern now?
Brazil are much better today than they were last WC. I am looking at the team that played against Belgium that time. My word, they were full of average players, left right and center. Only Casemiro being available will make a huuuge difference. They have complete opposite fbs to what they had then. Much more defensive this time around

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

World Cup 2022 - Quarter-Finals - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 - Quarter-Finals

Post by Beautiful Football Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:09 pm

Messi is not doing shit. He really is not mentaly strong enough in big games for long time, he lacks strong will, fearsome mentality, gut and determination in a KO game, when his team is playing bad [against big team]- which i find more in Di maria.

Messi will be good when Argentina have  a lead or everyone on song in his team ,otherwise he will disappear- you can bet on this.

In tough tough games or moments for Argentina  I trust Di Maria more than messi. Di maria may be less talented, but he has guts, will, determination and mentality to raise his game against big teams. Those attributes matter more than talent[being less talented compared to say i.e. Messi] in tough games.

Messi also have one big problem: he randomly chooses when to chase a lost ball or to press. It doesn't matter what the match situation is, I have seen a ball yard away from him, if chose to press and win the ball back he could create a chance or score a goal instead he will walk, other times he wastes his energy on completely unreasonable pressing. I don't get this.

Coming good vs Mexico, Australia is good. He has done it before against those weak teams but doing it against Full strength Netherlands and Brazil in the world cup KO stage is a completely different matter.

He has all the talent in the world to make a special moment for his legacy[in ko games against big team] but he lacks those extra gear, absolute will power and determination to rise in a manner many world cup legends did -even from smaller nations.

It will be either di maria or Alvarez to rescue or Emilio martinez else Argentia are out.. If Argentina losing he will be even walking more i have seen this many many times.

I hope Meesi proves me wrong tonight or next Match or in the Final if he can get there.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:29 pm

M99 wrote:Its gonna be 2014 all over again, Argentina wins very narrowly.

Brazil lost to the first European team they faced in the knockouts for the last four World Cups. Do they break the pattern now?

This one could be very similar to the 1998 one. What if Netherlands beat Argentina, then get beaten by Brazil, who then will meet France in the final...
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:42 pm

Lol, or maybe it’s Ronaldo / Portugal! Wouldn’t that be a major blow to Messi fanboys!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:19 pm

Perisic going to have nightmares about missing that chance
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:35 pm

Brazil can't touch Croatia's midfield Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:49 pm

Horrible first half. Team looks disjointed. This 4-2-4 has been a disaster this game.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:52 pm

What is this from Brazil. Everything is so slow and lethargic. This inverted FB tactic is not working. They are trying to stuff the middle but end up going to the wings where the wingers are isolated because everyoje is chilling in the middle. Terrible!

Why is Croatia fresher despite playing nonstop these last few days.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:53 pm

The quality of football this World Cup has been awful. The smaller teams all sit back like prime Atletico, and the bigger teams haven’t had enough time to train the patterns needed to take down defensive blocks.

So you’re left with drab games that are decided on set pieces/penalties or individual moments. I’m expecting low scoring, cagey games from here on out.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:54 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:Messi is not doing shit. He really is not mentaly strong enough in big games for long time, he lacks strong will, fearsome mentality, gut and determination in a KO game, when his team is playing bad [against big team]- which i find more in Di maria.

Messi will be good when Argentina have  a lead or everyone on song in his team ,otherwise he will disappear- you can bet on this.

In tough tough games or moments for Argentina  I trust Di Maria more than messi. Di maria may be less talented, but he has guts, will, determination and mentality to raise his game against big teams. Those attributes matter more than talent[being less talented compared to say i.e. Messi] in tough games.

Messi also have one big problem: he randomly chooses when to chase a lost ball or to press. It doesn't matter what the match situation is, I have seen a ball yard away from him, if chose to press and win the ball back he could create a chance or score a goal instead he will walk, other times he wastes his energy on completely unreasonable pressing. I don't get this.

Coming good vs Mexico, Australia is good. He has done it before against those weak teams but doing it against Full strength Netherlands and Brazil in the world cup KO stage is a completely different matter.

He has all the talent in the world to make a special moment for his legacy[in ko games against big team] but he lacks those extra gear, absolute will power and determination to rise in a manner many world cup legends did -even from smaller nations.

It will be either di maria or Alvarez to rescue or Emilio martinez else Argentia are out.. If Argentina losing he will be even walking more i have seen this many many times.

I hope Meesi proves me wrong tonight or next Match or in the Final if he can get there.

While I agree that mental strength seems to be an issue for Messi, he has shown enough desire and grit in this tournament to make me think this can be different. Yes he may not necessarily single handedly inspire a comeback but I can see him rising to the occasion and providing a decisive moment.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:55 pm

Casciavit wrote:The quality of football this World Cup has been awful. The smaller teams all sit back like prime Atletico, and the bigger teams haven’t had enough time to train the patterns needed to take down defensive blocks.

So you’re left with drab games that are decided on set pieces/penalties or individual moments. I’m expecting low scoring, cagey games from here on out.

I don’t think Croatia has sat back at all. They’ve committed men forward to attack often. It’s actually been a quite open game, the problem is just quality in the final third to create good chances.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:03 pm

Although from a drama perspective it’s easily been the best one in a long time.

- Pre-World Cup controversy with Qatar
- France losing like 5 starters
- Saudi upset vs Argentina
- Messi moment vs Mexico
- Japan upset vs Germany and Spain
- Belgium and Germany getting knocked out in group stage
- Morocco upset vs Belgium and topping their group
- The drama of the last group stage round where qualifying was based on goal difference and who was qualifying was changing every few minutes
- Tunisia upset vs France, Cameroon upset vs Brazil, and South Korea upset vs Portugal
- Suarez getting his karma against Ghana
- Morocco beating Spain on penalties
- Ronaldo getting benched and Portugal proceeding to win 6-1
- Tite getting in on the celebration vs South Korea

Now you’re in the quarter finals and you have extra storylines:
- Messi and Ronaldo trying to cement GOAT status
- Neymar trying to get out of their shadows
- Mbappe solidifying himself as best in the world + France being the first team to retain the WC in decades
- Can England finally beat a big team?
- Will Netherlands finally win their first World Cup?
- Can Morocco/Croatia do the impossible?

Last edited by Casciavit on Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:04 pm

Cruijf wrote:
Casciavit wrote:The quality of football this World Cup has been awful. The smaller teams all sit back like prime Atletico, and the bigger teams haven’t had enough time to train the patterns needed to take down defensive blocks.

I don’t think Croatia has sat back at all. They’ve committed men forward to attack often. It’s actually been a quite open game, the problem is just quality in the final third to create good chances.

I agree they haven’t. It was just more of a general theme I noticed this World Cup.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:07 pm

@casciavit it's not really what we see this match. Croatia may be defending deep, but they also have a fair share of possession and build up a few decent chances (more than anyone expected). Prime atleti they're not.

I agree overall though,  but think that depending on how the quarters go this may be coming to an end. Besides Morocco and maybe Netherlands, who else is left that still plays like that?

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:11 pm

This is the best world cup i have seen. Since 1998. Can't remember 1994. Average player's level of ability and technique is not as good compare to old days. But everything else is really fantastic.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:18 pm

Croatia only lacking runners in the final third here
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:21 pm

Croatia's Midfield is the best in this world cup, no wonder Brazil is struggling in that area. Also 4-2-4 formation is not helping Brazil.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:23 pm

this is my first full game im watching of Brazil this world cup and what a bad impression im getting Laughing
Can Neymar even dribble anymore Laughing looks like Walkessi has rubbed off on him
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:24 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:Croatia's Midfield is the best in this world cup, no wonder Brazil is struggling in that area. Also 4-2-4 formation is not helping Brazil.

just the other day halamadrid was talking shit about Kovavic though
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:27 pm

Still Brazil will probably sneak through to the semi final. Either with 1-0 or penalties.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:29 pm

Why did Tite take out Brazils best attacker. I would've taken out Neymar for Rodrygo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:30 pm

It wouldn't be a sneak Laughing Brazil has far more high quality chances than Croatia, if things play out as they should Brazil will go through
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:30 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Why did Tite take out Brazils best attacker. I would've taken out Neymar for Rodrygo

He should have taken out Raphina.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:30 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Beautiful Football wrote:Croatia's Midfield is the best in this world cup, no wonder Brazil is struggling in that area. Also 4-2-4 formation is not helping Brazil.

Croatia have done nothing offensively. Anyhting they have achieved has been thorugh Juranovic or Modric. They have had like 1 shot all game ffs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:31 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Why did Tite take out Brazils best attacker. I would've taken out Neymar for Rodrygo

He should have taken out Raphina.
they already took out Raphina a few minutes earlier

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:32 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

Croatia have done nothing offensively. Anyhting they have achieved has been thorugh Juranovic or Modric. They have had like 1 shot all game ffs

You did't get it. They have shit forward line. Its their midfield thats keeping them alive.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next