How should we approach Barcelona this upcoming season?

+24
Hala Madrid 91
teamanarchy
EarlyPrototype
Zees
Shamirr
fatman123
Bear
Adit
Onyx
Freeza
ijomer
VanDeezNuts
alex mahone
CristianoRonaldo7
maverick
Guiltybystander
The Madrid One
Seppuku
hrealmadrid
S32TABLANCA
guest7
ÖMARz
phenom
the xcx
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How should we approach Barcelona this upcoming season? - Page 2 Empty Re: How should we approach Barcelona this upcoming season?

Post by Freeza Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:12 am

-------------------Casillas---------------------
---Arbeloa---Ramos-----Pepe----Marcelo----
----------------------Xabi----------------------
--------------Khedira-----Sahin---------------
Neymar/Kaká------Higuain---------CR7------

This would be my lineup

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

How should we approach Barcelona this upcoming season? - Page 2 Empty Re: How should we approach Barcelona this upcoming season?

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:53 am

Defend as a team (Ronaldo is part of it) and attack as a team. No need to play 56000.... defensive mids and park the bus.

The thing against Barca is our attacking/attackers have to be good and our defenders/defending has to be good.

--------------------Casillas
--Coentrao---Pepe---Ramos---Marcelo
------------------Khedira/Alonso
----------------Ozil-------Sahin
-Aguero/Benzema/Neymar----------------Ronaldo
----------------------Higuain

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:55 am

So fabregas to barca is almost done and it is a matter of barca agreeing 45 mill price tag.With Bojan sale and whole its crystal clear barca are willing to play 40+ for fab.Will be official in next week.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:04 am

IMO, if you really want to take the game to Barca then 3-4-3 Diamond is the way to go.

Benz/Hig
Di Maria Ozil CR7
Khedira Alonso/Sahin
Pepe
Marcelo Ramos RB

Back 3 should play very narrow to deny Villa + Pedro making those out-to-in runs, you effectively match Barca in midfield with Pepe broadly picking up Messi and the front 4 will have a good understanding having played so much together.

Could probably expand a bit but I'm not sure any of you care Razz
Bear
Bear
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:25 am

So basically a 4-2-3-1 with one CB ahead of the other?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:36 am

Bear-Felix wrote:IMO, if you really want to take the game to Barca then 3-4-3 Diamond is the way to go.

Benz/Hig
Di Maria Ozil CR7
Khedira Alonso/Sahin
Pepe
Marcelo Ramos RB

Back 3 should play very narrow to deny Villa + Pedro making those out-to-in runs, you effectively match Barca in midfield with Pepe broadly picking up Messi and the front 4 will have a good understanding having played so much together.

Could probably expand a bit but I'm not sure any of you care Razz
No thx, its too offensive. No matter what midfield we use they still have the upper hand, that means Pepe alone cant break up their midfield. Formation used against barca should be more balanced.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 am

just a thought, dont know too much about RM tactics so dont crucify me if im wrong

Ramos--carvahlo--pepe--marcello
khedria--alonso
kaka
higuain--CR7--Benzama

so its a 4-2-1-3 so youre just about matching barcas 4-3-3

so in the "2" Khedia would play as a DM and alonso would play as a defensive CM/attcking DM (hope that makes sense) and spray passes everywhere (deep lying play maker)

and then Kaka if fit it not Ozil would play as an AM and try get into the space behind biscuits and infront of the defence and look for a killer ball through to any of the front 3

i picked CR7 in the middle because i like his pace which would make him a good target to chase down from long balls from alonso or through balls from Kaka, also hes strong enough to hold up the ball and give time for someone to make a run past him etc etc

then out wide benz and hig would mostly play up and down the line most the game looking to pick it up from deep as part of the build up and also look to get balls into the box for CR7 but also drift infield for whatever

and in defense i think you should play high pressure, get in their face and dont give them the space to pass the ball all day
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:53 am

anyone think he will play against barcelona? its not far fetched, hecan put albiol to 4th cb position, the kid is a great talent and hes only 1 year older than me.. ffs!!!!!!!!!

How should we approach Barcelona this upcoming season? - Page 2 Tumblr_lkan1eovab1qgkshoo1_250
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:07 am

The Madrid One wrote:anyone think he will play against barcelona? its not far fetched, hecan put albiol to 4th cb position, the kid is a great talent and hes only 1 year older than me.. ffs!!!!!!!!!

couldnt imagine him getting picked against barca surely 2 of carvahlo pepe and ramos will be fit
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:45 pm

I still think you won't be able to beat them this season

maverick
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:20 pm

maverick wrote:Why is everybody discussing formation and tactics and such. i had the impression Madrid fans thought they already knew how to beat Barca and were just robbed last time they met.
lolololololol early runner for troll post of the year!

I say we approach them with style! Preferable from the north... Common Guys! Waaaaay to early to worry about Barca (and No i don't consider the Spanish Super Cup a real game, in fact I hope we lose, it'll light a good fire ), it's seems the sole purpose of Madridista's these days is to beat Barca. We are bigger than that...

However when we do play them I hope CR7 doesn't play in the CF position, He is far more influential coming in from wide.
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:01 pm

fatman123 wrote:just a thought, dont know too much about RM tactics so dont crucify me if im wrong

Ramos--carvahlo--pepe--marcello
khedria--alonso
kaka
higuain--CR7--Benzama

so its a 4-2-1-3 so youre just about matching barcas 4-3-3

so in the "2" Khedia would play as a DM and alonso would play as a defensive CM/attcking DM (hope that makes sense) and spray passes everywhere (deep lying play maker)

and then Kaka if fit it not Ozil would play as an AM and try get into the space behind biscuits and infront of the defence and look for a killer ball through to any of the front 3

i picked CR7 in the middle because i like his pace which would make him a good target to chase down from long balls from alonso or through balls from Kaka, also hes strong enough to hold up the ball and give time for someone to make a run past him etc etc

then out wide benz and hig would mostly play up and down the line most the game looking to pick it up from deep as part of the build up and also look to get balls into the box for CR7 but also drift infield for whatever

and in defense i think you should play high pressure, get in their face and dont give them the space to pass the ball all day

Alot of problems in your xi

Your taking away alot of starters (Di Maria, Özil) especially Di Maria who was one of our best attackers against barca. If I would play 4-2-1-3 I'd pick

Arbeloa - Carvalho/Varane - Ramos - Marcelo
Pepe - Alonso
Özil
Ronaldo - Benzema - Di Maria

I actually think that one is a good xi
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:53 pm

maverick wrote:I still think you won't be able to beat them this season
we beat them last season,why not this one?
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:41 pm

Beating Barca is not the point, Winning Liga and the UCL is. We could of won Liga with ease if we only lost to Barca last season...
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:46 pm

If Mou is gonna go with the same tactic of being more defensive then I would play:

Ramos-----------------Pepe----------------Varane/Carvalho--------------Marcelo

------------Khedira------------------Alonso------------------------Sahin-------------

Di maria-------------------------------Ronaldo-----------------------------Coentrao-

Everyone on that team can defend apart from Ronaldo. Unbreakable defense if we parked the bus (Of course I hope we dont).
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:35 am

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:03 pm

I still agree that we should play cannavaro...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Hala Madrid 91 Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:02 pm

Ramos--------Pepe--------Varane--------Coentrao/Marcelo

Alonso-------------Kheidira

Ozil--------------Di Maria

Ronaldo----------Benzema/Higuain

They need to control possession, and not go the ultra conservative route of Mourinho last year, people praised mourinho for what?...stiffling Barca by putting on 7 defensive minded players?...Strong defensive core (Varane will grow in to the role) Kheidira and Alonso controlling the midfield, it's very difficult to stop Barca's short passes, Ozil and Di Maria have to spread the ball (Di Maria wouldn't be my ideal selection for the role but there is no one else) and Ronaldo has to be ahead of Ozil, because Ozil is a better passer than Di Maria. This team would do well in a mix of counter attacking and quick possession football, only way to beat Barca is to go and them.

Last edited by Hala Madrid 91 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made it look better)
Hala Madrid 91
Hala Madrid 91
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:33 am

-----------------Iker
Ramos---Pepe---Carvalho---Marcelo
---------------Coentrao
----Sahin/Ozil-----------Xabi
--Di Maria/Ozil--Higuain--CR
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:40 pm

The key to this game is workrate (see Pepe vs. Barcelona) so for me it would be logical to play a midfield with the ywo hardest working players, pepe and fabio

------------------Casillas------------------
Arbeloa-----Ramos------Carvalho---Marcelo
--------------Pepe-----Coentrao-----------
-------------------Xabi--------------------
-----Ozil------------------------Ronaldo---
-----------------Higuain-------------------
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:59 pm

I feel some of us here are getting obsessed, there is still a lot of matches left before we face them, a lot can change between now and then, I'll rather discuss them when the next match we play is against them. Until then we can only train to become better than last year.

I'll want to quote Jose Mourinho's words at a preseason press conference.

A great team cannot choose which championship it would rather win. We won the Copa del Rey last season, but we know the Champions League and La Liga are important and we will try to win them also. Small details make all the difference between winning and losing titles. Usually the more prepared you are the greater the possibilities. I hope those small details are on our side. We can only promise we will continue to work hard.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:02 pm

I like that quote from Mourinho. Realistic and grounded, good stuff...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2